Author Topic: TAR 28: Kurt Gibson & Brodie Smith – Pro Frisbee Players/Best Friends  (Read 17839 times)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/tv/ct-amazing-race-recap-brodie-smith-kurt-gibson-20160429-story.html

Ex-Chicago Wildfire player runs out of tricks on 'The Amazing Race'
By Tracy Swartz - Contact Reporter
Chicago Tribune
May 1, 2016, 11:05 AM

Brodie Smith is known for executing Frisbee trick shots around the world, but he ran out of tricks in Indonesia.

Smith, who played on the Chicago Wildfire ultimate disc team, and longtime teammate Kurt Gibson were eliminated from "The Amazing Race" at the end of Friday's episode after another team forced them to backtrack.

"Me and Kurt have lost our fair share of games. This is a little harder, though, because we felt like we didn't have control, but we'll learn from it and hopefully become better people from it," Smith said.

On Friday's episode, the teams were required to snorkel for their first clue, deliver 50 coconuts and four chickens across a bridge and take a 40-foot plunge off a cliff.

Though they have been strong all season, Smith and Gibson started the episode in last place, out of five teams, because they were tripped up by challenges in the previous leg.

They quickly made up ground during Friday's episode, until Tyler Oakley and Korey Kuhl played a move, called a U-turn, that required Smith and Gibson to complete an extra task of harvesting seaweed.

"It kind of was a sucky move to do, I guess," said Smith, who was born in Chicago and lived in Wilmette before moving to Dallas in 2014.

Smith, 28, and Gibson were the final team to check in with show host Phil Keoghan and they were eliminated.

Four teams of social media enthusiasts are left to compete for the $1 million prize on Season 28 of "The Amazing Race," which airs 7 p.m. Fridays on CBS.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Announcement:
Reality TV Interview Part 2
Updated on Reply 24
:tup:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
You Won't Believe These Fun Facts About The New Amazing Race Cast
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/photos/1005631/you-won-t-believe-these-fun-facts-about-the-new-amazing-race-cast/101472/which-one-of-these-disc-throwing-enthusiasts-has-won-two-national-championships-/

Which one of these disc-throwing enthusiasts has won two national championships?

That would be Brodie, a social media creator with over 5 million followers, who will compete with his close friend Kurt.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Re: TAR 28: Kurt Gibson & Brodie Smith – Pro Frisbee Players/Best Friends
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2016, 10:56:59 AM »
Brodie to make a guest appearance during the Miss America Pageant tomorrow night. Brodie will be handing out roses to the five finalists!

« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 12:17:43 PM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2016, 10:34:14 PM »
Brodie giving roses to the fourth runner-up, Miss Mississippi, Laura Lee Lewis at Miss America

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2016, 02:13:28 AM »
Brodie giving roses to the second runner-up, Miss New York, Camille Sims at Miss America

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2017, 06:38:03 PM »
Brodie and Kurt took part in a short 3 day race in Seattle called "The Emerald Race"

Episode 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=EKyRwUPDsyc

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Brodie got engaged last weekend, as did a couple of other Racers from other seasons.
-- theschnauzers

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Congratulations Brodie!  :conf: :cheer: :woohoo: