Author Topic: TAR28: Scott & Blair Fowler – Beauty YouTuber/Father-Daughter  (Read 73737 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR28: Scott & Blair Fowler – Beauty YouTuber/Father-Daughter
« on: November 11, 2015, 04:58:10 PM »
Scott and Blair Fowler – Beauty YouTuber

Scott and Blair s Announcement

Relationship: Father/Daughter

Current Residence: Kingsport, Tenn. and Los Angeles, Calif.

Blair started her YouTube channel when she was 14, posting beauty and fashion videos. She has expanded her channel to include all things lifestyle and has amassed more than 1.7 million subscribers. She is racing with her father.

Subscribe on YouTube: JuicyStar07
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 06:51:19 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR28: Scott and Blair Fowler – "Beauty YouTuber"
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 04:58:28 PM »
CBS "Reveal" 1/21/16

Scott and Blair Fowler: Father and daughter

Meet father and daughter Scott Fowler and Blair Fowler. Blair is a YouTuber, who started posting beauty and fashion videos at the age of 14, and has since expanded her channel to include all-things lifestyle, which has helped to attract more than 1.7 million subscribers.

Name: Scott Raymond Fowler

Twitter: @ScottFowlerMD
 Hometown: Kingsport, Tenn.
 Connection to your teammate: Father

Current occupation: President and CEO of a large multi-specialty medical group (Holston Medical Group, PC)

Describe what you do: I lead a large multi-specialty healthcare provider group with 150 providers and 700 employees.

3 words to describe you: Focused, capable and adventurous. Favorite hobbies: Sailing, reading and spending time with my family. What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? My three great, successful children.

What scares you most about traveling? I am not scared of travel.

What excites you most about traveling? Meeting new people.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Physical and mental fatigue.

Pet peeve about your teammate: None - She is great!

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Ethiopia - I think it would be a great place to visit.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I hope to spend time doing something with my daughter, building our memories and relationship to a new level.

Name: Blair Fowler

Twitter: @BlairFowler
 Instagram: MissBlairFowler
 YouTube: Juicystar07 and OtherJuicyStar07
 Facebook: BlairFowlerOfficial

How many total followers do you have across all platforms? 3,475,000

Hometown: Kingsport, Tenn.

Connection to your teammate: Daughter

Current occupation: YouTuber Beauty Guru

Describe what you do: Since the summer of 2008, I have been creating beauty, fashion, cooking, home decor, DIY and lifestyle videos on my two YouTube channels. I also get to work with my sister on various projects.

3 words to describe you: Happy, curious and passionate.

Favorite hobbies: I love reading and being outside.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? I co-wrote two novels with my sister, Elle. I would have to say that our novels, as well as speaking at Harvard Business School on the power of social media, have been my biggest accomplishments.

What scares you most about traveling? The language barrier is pretty daunting, and I also don't want to do anything that I don't realize can be offensive in another culture.

What excites you most about traveling? Meeting new people around the world and experiencing their culture.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: I'm just worried that I'm going to let my dad down, either with my physical or mental abilities.

Pet peeve about your teammate: This is really a pet peeve with everyone, not just my dad, but I hate the sound of loud chewing. I hope there's not a crunchy eating challenge!

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? My dad loves Germany, so I'd like to go there with him, but I also want to go to Africa!

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I'm excited to spend this time with my dad and have the experience of traveling around the world together on this once in a lifetime adventure.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 04:42:24 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR28: Scott and Blair Fowler – "Beauty YouTuber"
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 04:58:40 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1HA-SIyq2ZE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1HA-SIyq2ZE</a>
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 04:01:52 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
Re: TAR28: Scott & Blair Fowler – Beauty YouTuber/Father-Daughter
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 05:58:30 AM »
Amazing announcement video:

https://t.co/GVnqZN79nY

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 03:42:44 PM »
Blair and Scott's announcement

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VFhyyR2-D18" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VFhyyR2-D18</a>

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2015, 04:36:52 AM »
Blair reminds me of Hayley which is funny cuz her name is Blair  :funny:

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 01:49:43 AM »
Blair's video about her backpack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXzWmTXz2uI

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2015, 08:18:54 AM »

I ti s really well thought and cute...but I REALLY hope she does a follow up on what worked and what got dumped! Bag looked heavy....my guess is the hair tools go early.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2015, 10:10:43 AM »
I just watched their announcement video and I've got to say now I'm really excited to see them race :trampb: They seem like really genuine people and I wouldn't even guess that Blair is a social media activist. :conf:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 04:42:59 PM »
:bump  See post 2!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2016, 01:34:26 AM »
They are hillarious :D
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1HA-SIyq2ZE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1HA-SIyq2ZE</a>

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2016, 04:21:08 AM »
Blair saying she's only gonna bring the bare minimum of items and immediately enumerating loads of stuff :lol: <3

They seem really good, definitely one of my early faves!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2016, 04:03:02 PM »
meet Video in Reply #2!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2016, 11:32:03 AM »

What are Scott and Blair most excited to do on the Race?

For this father-daughter pair, it's simple: The Race offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the pair to hang out and make new memories with each other.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2016, 05:47:22 PM »

:lol:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 07:12:31 PM by gamerfan09 »

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2016, 06:11:21 PM »
eep

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2016, 09:40:22 PM »

I didn't know I needed this until now <3 :lol:
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2016, 10:04:39 PM »

I didn't know I needed this until now <3 :lol:

I guess this is the first pic I'll have  :cheer:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2016, 02:39:13 PM »
Partner Predictions!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-wfkD0AUnos" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-wfkD0AUnos</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2016, 06:54:31 PM »
Phil tweeted this...

#FatherDaughter @ScottFlowlerMD and @BlairFowler #OverAchieving #Offbeat #Opposites on #AmazingRace in 6 days

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2016, 10:16:24 AM »
A Kingsport father and daughter's 'Amazing Race'

KINGSPORT  — When Dr. Scott Fowler’s daughter, Blair, called and asked if he would like to join her on the upcoming season of the reality TV show “The Amazing Race,” Fowler says he didn’t have to think twice.

“I thought I would have a hard time convincing him,” said Blair. “But, when I called, I had barely muttered the words ‘amazing race’ and he said, ‘Yes! Let me call my work right now!’ ”

Fowler is the president and CEO of Holston Medical Group. His 22-year-old daughter, Blair, is a well-known YouTube beauty guru. Her social media fame has garnered her nearly four million followers.

“Anytime Blair calls me and says, ‘Let’s do something,’ it’s always going to be something I want to do,” said Fowler. “Who wouldn’t want to travel around the world and see different places and get to do it, in my case, with my daughter? It was an incredible opportunity.”

“The Amazing Race” reality series, hosted by Phil Keoghan, has won multiple Emmy Awards. This season, 11 teams embark from Venice Beach, Calif., on a trek around the world. The current cast is comprised of Internet celebrities and their relatives or friends. Most of the cast members have achieved fame through social media outlets such as Instagram, YouTube and Vine.

At every destination, each team must compete in a series of challenges, some mental and some physical, and only when the tasks are completed will they learn of their next location. Teams which are the farthest behind will gradually be eliminated as the contest progresses, with the first team to arrive at the final destination winning “The Amazing Race” and the $1 million prize.

In 2008, Blair began making beauty and fashion YouTube videos from her bedroom in her Kingsport home. Her videos quickly gained popularity, and Blair eventually relocated to Los Angeles when she was just a teenager.

“Blair found some success fairly early in her life,” Fowler said. “She was just 16 when she left and moved out to L.A. So we didn’t get to spend a lot of time together. We missed out on some things. For me, this opportunity to be in ‘The Amazing Race’ with her was a great way to make up for some of that lost time together and to not just go somewhere together, but to actually go somewhere where you work as partners. The race really does require that you build on your relationship. What’s strong in one partner can make up for what’s not quite as strong in the other partner. This was a fantastic experience to allow me to grab back some of that time with my daughter that kind of slips away from you if you’re not careful.”

Blair says all of this quality time together led to the father-daughter duo being able to learn more about one another.

“I didn’t think I could have more respect for my dad after this experience,” she said. “But it helped our relationship grow. He is the smartest, best person in the world. I am still his little girl, but after this experience, even though we’re still Daddy/daughter, we’re now on more of an adult friendship level, which I don’t know that we would’ve gotten to as easily if we weren’t kind of pushed there by something like ‘The Amazing Race.’ ”

Fowler agrees that his relationship with his daughter grew through “The Amazing Race” journey.

“How could it not? Blair’s incredible. She can do almost anything. I do think, with a father-daughter relationship, there’s always that little bit of a need to provide protection to her. But this taught me, completely, that she really can do anything that she sets her mind to. She has grabbed life by the reins and just taken charge of it. She is a wonderful person and partner,” he said.

The new season of “The Amazing Race” premieres at 8 p.m. Friday on CBS.

The Fowlers hope all their Kingsport friends will tune in to see how they fare.

“I think they’re going to be proud of how their Kingsport locals are portrayed on national TV,” said Blair.

“We had a blast and, hopefully, people will have a blast watching it,” said Fowler. “It was just a tremendous amount of fun. We’re certainly proud of where we come from.”

Blair said she will be tweeting live during the show. You can follow her at https://twitter.com/BlairFowler.

Blair’s other social media sites include her YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/juicystar07; Instagram at MissBlairFowler; and Facebook at BlairFowlerOfficial.

http://www.timesnews.net/News/2016/02/08/A-father-and.html?ci=stream&lp=1&p=1

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2016, 07:15:35 AM »
I always love Father-Daughter teams in the race. I hope they'll make it far and be in the finale.
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2016, 02:36:18 AM »
My faves!  :hearts:

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2016, 06:53:19 AM »
Blair mentioned being single during the team introduction section (so do Brodie)
It looks like the production wants to build a love story between the two of them as one of the major storyline of this season  :ascared

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2016, 07:40:06 AM »

I ti s really well thought and cute...but I REALLY hope she does a follow up on what worked and what got dumped! Bag looked heavy....my guess is the hair tools go early.

I was right. Based on the panel video, all that went day 2  :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule: