Author Topic: TAR28: Scott & Blair Fowler – Beauty YouTuber/Father-Daughter  (Read 73749 times)

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR28: Scott & Blair Fowler – Beauty YouTuber/Father-Daughter
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2016, 09:05:04 PM »

Was this when she fell down near the train? :lol: :(
It might've been during the Leg 5 Detour with the snow. I vaguely remember her mentioning that Detour on social media.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2016, 09:09:43 PM »

Was this when she fell down near the train? :lol: :(
It might've been during the Leg 5 Detour with the snow. I vaguely remember her mentioning that Detour on social media.

Could also be this :lol:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2016, 10:00:31 PM »
Ah, it makes sense now. :ascared :lol:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2016, 04:24:12 AM »
Looking back at their results from the past legs, they've impressed me by getting as far as Leg 7. Well done!

They probably could've gotten further had that bag mistake not happen. :(

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2016, 05:14:52 AM »
Gary & Mallory 2.0  :luvya:

They HAVE to be brought back, they're one of the ONLY All-Star worthy teams this season!

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2016, 07:03:24 AM »
gdi scott why did u have to get ty's bag. rip daddy/blair such a good team <3

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2016, 08:13:07 AM »
Blair clearly told Scott that she's got his bag. :(

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2016, 11:45:06 AM »
It's just so ironic that after pretty much dragging the team to leg 7, Scott ends up being the reason they're ousted. :lol:

I definitely see them being brought back though. And the casuals' hate on Blair is driving me crazy!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2016, 12:09:55 PM »
I will be interested to see what their interviews say. I don't expect the BAG was the deciding factor at all. More likely to be getting to the Mat. Remember Blair can't run....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2016, 12:25:12 PM »
I agree, it was getting to the mat.

What the bag did was:

made the cab race closer
made the footrace less close

Take out the bag:

Tyler & Korey's cab probably still would've passed Blair & Scott's (Blair on Twitter suggests it was a pretty bad one)
but imagine if there was no cab race... a more epic footrace with Tyler & Korey literally passing Blair & Scott!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2016, 03:26:18 PM »
That bag cost them 2-5 mins I think and the margin between them & Tyler/Korey was definitely smaller at the pit stop :P

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2016, 04:15:13 PM »
It's just so ironic that after pretty much dragging the team to leg 7, Scott ends up being the reason they're ousted. :lol:

I noticed that too! :lol: It was very ironic. :funny:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2016, 05:35:06 PM »
Nope. It was the cab ride.  :'( :'( :'(
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2016, 08:01:54 PM »
blair continues the legacy of blair name is alwayz glamazon contestants <3
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2016, 06:59:47 AM »
UNFINISHED BUSINESS 2 OR ALLSTARS PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2016, 08:54:38 AM »
They definitely could do much better on a second chance. They were full-on unprepared for the Race this time, imagine their potential if they became more prepared!

If only #BagGate didn't happen, they actually seemed to become slowly but surely a stronger team that could have won? They would always complete tasks in the first half of the Race near last, but they seemed pretty competent on Armenia/Georgia (and arguably on Chamonix as well, since they moved up on what was otherwise a completely linear leg).

Definitely kind of a 2.0 of Gary/Mallory, and if the former got a second chance, so do they need one!  :hearts:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2016, 11:20:05 AM »
I thought Gary and Mallory were random UB choices and zomg, boy I was wrong. I hope Scott and Blair knows their chance of Allstars is high and starts training NOW LOL

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2016, 05:44:36 PM »
How are they a 2.0 of Gary & Mallory Race-wise :lol: (character-wise, yes), they never even finished in the Top 3; Gary & Mallory winning a leg wouldn't be too surprising but Scott & Blair winning a leg would be so WTH

True--if they prepared/trained more, they could definitely do a lot better!

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2016, 08:15:51 PM »

3. What would you do differently if given another opportunity to run the Race again?

Scott: "We would be much more aware of what other teams were doing. Also, we would try to get out in the front of the other teams rather than just not be last and form alliances earlier."

Blair: "I would train harder and pack lighter!"

Online redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2016, 05:53:52 AM »
I like this team but Blair's a heart-breaker  :funny:!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2016, 08:21:10 AM »
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/photos/1006220/scott-and-blair-fowler-reflect-on-their-adventures-during-the-amazing-race/

Scott and Blair were the fourth team eliminated on Season 28 of The Amazing Race.

After traveling the world together, father-daughter team Scott and Blair came up short during the latest episode of The Amazing Race and host Phil Keoghan had to give them the disappointing news that their adventure was over, which understandably brought them both to tears.

While the lovable duo didn't proceed to the next leg of the journey, they each walked away from the mat extremely grateful for being able to spend so much quality time together. Read what Scott and Blair had to say following their exciting experience on The Amazing Race.

1. Blair, why didn't you do the dance competition instead of your dad?

Blair: "I hurt my knee pretty badly in Chamonix. They don't show it, but running up to the Pit Stop mat in Armenia, I was sobbing in pain. When we realized it would be a dancing Detour, I knew I couldn't do it and would have to take the penalty. At least if dad did, it we would have a shot!"

2. What was your favorite leg of the Race and why?

Scott: "Chamonix, France. It was [an] exciting, once-in-a-lifetime leg, and the weather was perfect."

Blair: "Chamonix was one of the top five favorite moments of my entire life. Getting to experience that with my dad made it even better. Who gets to say they paraglided over the French Alps?! I also loved the architecture in Georgia. You have some of the oldest buildings right next to new, modern ones and it's truly a sight to see."

3. What would you do differently if given another opportunity to run the Race again?

Scott: "We would be much more aware of what other teams were doing. Also, we would try to get out in the front of the other teams rather than just not be last and form alliances earlier."

Blair: "I would train harder and pack lighter!"

4. Blair, what's your status with Brodie since leaving the Race?

Blair: "We've decided it would be best to stay friends."

5. What enabled you to be so kind towards one another during the whole Race?

Scott: "A true appreciation of the value of the time we were getting to spend together."

Blair: "I have so much respect for my dad. I would never act any other way towards him. He deserves all the kindness I can give and more."

6. Why didn't you just leave the bag outside instead of handing it back to Tyler?

Scott: "Taking or moving a person’s bag would have led to a penalty, which we had to avoid. It was also the right thing to do."

7. Did your Race experience teach you anything? If so, what?

Scott: "Yes, [to] get out and go. Don't wait, experience. Life is a race [and] there is more to do, [so] start running. Don't neglect time with the people you love the most. Make it happen. And remember—never give up, no matter what the challenge."

Blair: "It taught me to appreciate every moment and enjoy them even when they're tough. Also, never ever give up."

Watch the episode where Blair and Scott were eliminated now and catch all-new episodes of The Amazing Race on Fridays at 8/7c.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 08:26:13 AM by Platrium »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2016, 02:06:08 PM »

'The Amazing Race' Season 28 Cast: Blair & Scott Dish on 'Little Things' Which Led To Elimination [VIDEO]

Blair and Scott reveal just what led to their being eliminated on 'The Amazing Race'

By Lauren DuBois, EnStars on Apr 13, 2016 04:58 PM EDT

It came down to a literal footrace with Tyler Oakley and Korey Kuhl, but Blair and Scott Fowler were unable to keep themselves in season 28 of The Amazing Race.

The father/daughter duo were eliminated at the pit stop in Tbilisi, Georgia, just seconds after arriving behind Oakley and Kuhl, who beat them in the race for the sole remaining spot to continue the competition. Now, they are reflecting on their final leg, and admit looking back that it was a series of things that seemed to just work against them and lead to their downfall.

"I think it was definitely a series of lots of little things," Blair told Reality TV World. "Also, my knee had been hurt in a previous leg, and so, I think I was definitely pulling the team down a little bit."

"Yep, and I would say we were a little extra careful with not rush, rush, rushing because of Blair's knee," Scott added. "But I mean, in that episode, there were so many opportunities to catch up and to fall behind that it's difficult to isolate one."

"I think there was obviously a difference in the decision to stay at the candy vs. The wine task. Obviously that made a huge different because we would've left with the dancers originally and almost certainly would've gotten to the dance hall significantly before everybody else if we had done that, because Tyler and Korey didn't leave until the dancers had come back," he added.

Scott also added that his mistake upon leaving the Roadblock-where he accidentally picked up Oakley's bag and had to run back inside to return it-definitely didn't help them since Oakley and Kuhl had finished the task by that point, and were on their way out as well.

"The second one was obviously picking up [Tyler's] bag-that was sort of a little bit of a catastrophe because we were so close at the end, that I believe if we had taken advantage-even though they did pass us and they had a crazy fast cab driver and they clearly had their bags in the cab," he said. "Ours were in the trunk. There were just a whole bunch of little things at the end. And then you're splitting hairs, it could've gone either way, any way, at any point in the Race."

http://www.enstarz.com/articles/153888/20160413/the-amazing-race-season-28-cast-blair-scott-dish-on-little-things-which-led-to-elimination-video.htm

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2016, 11:49:48 PM »
The Amazing Race - The Amazing Race Show N' Tell: Scott & Blair

Father-daughter duo Scott and Blair Fowler relive memories from The Amazing Race Season 28 by adding their own special commentary to clips from the show.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/UJtH0jFJpbQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/UJtH0jFJpbQ</a>

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: April 17, 2016, 07:28:15 PM »
I hope they can race again. I'm always rooting for parent-child teams and this team is my favorite so far... I see my Dad in Scott...  :luvya:
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2016, 07:28:17 PM »
Reality TV World: How were you cast on The Amazing Race? Did you actually apply or did producers contact you since, Blair, you have the whole Beauty YouTube presence.

Blair Fowler: Yeah, so it's actually interesting because I almost did the Race four years ago. It wasn't able to work out and then they came back probably about two years later and said, "Are you interested in it now?"

And just the way timing works, because you have to be completely cut off from everything, other things were kind of just going on in my life and my work at that point, so I wasn't able to take that time off.

And then they contacted me for this one and it just happened to be a great time, and it was a time that Dad was going to be able to take off. And I said from Day 1, "If I have any shot at winning this race, it's going to be next to my Dad." So it was definitely just right timing for this round.

:o I feel like this season was a bunch of social media stars who couldn't make it on the show previously :lol: