Author Topic: TAR 28: Marty Cobb & Hagan Parkman – Viral Video Sensation/Mother-Daughter  (Read 16684 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Marty Cobb and Hagan Parkman – Viral Video Sensation

Relationship: Mother/Daughter

Current Residence: McKinney, Texas

Marty (Mother) is best known for her hilarious flight attendant safety demonstration that went viral and has more than 22 million views on YouTube. She is racing with her daughter, Hagan.

Subscribe on YouTube: Marty Cobb Smile High Club

Follow on Twitter: @flygirlmom and @haganelizabeth

Like on Facebook: Martha Cobb and Hagan Parkman

Follow on Instagram: @haganparkman
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 03:12:56 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 28: Marty Cobb and Hagan Parkman – "Viral Video Sensation"
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 04:50:18 PM »
Marty Cobb and Hagan Parkman:

Mother and daughterMeet mother-and-daughter team
Hagan Parkman and Marty Cobb, whose hilarious flight attendant demonstration video went viral on YouTube and has racked up over 22 million views!

Name: Marty Cobb
 Twitter: @Flygirlmom
 Instagram: MARTYCOBB3
 YouTube: Marty Cobb Smile High Club
 Facebook: Marty Cobb-Smile High Club
How many total followers do you have across all platforms? Total followers around 3...ALL my children...lol! Actually, around 10,000...on a good day.
Hometown: Lubbock, Texas, but I live in McKinney, Texas now.
Connection to your teammate: My Teammate is my youngest daughter, Hagan.
Current occupation: Sky goddess with Southwest Airlines.
Describe what you do: I am a flight attendant so I travel all over the United States and beyond, passing out peanuts and sodas and making people smile!!
3 words to describe you: Witty, compassionate and fun loving.
Favorite Hobbies: Watching sports, working out (obviously), traveling, snow skiing, yachting, reading and watching THE AMAZING RACE! What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? My three children! They are not only beautiful on the outside but on the inside as well. They are the most incredible people I know and I am so blessed to be their mom!
What scares you most about traveling? Getting lost in a country where I am not welcome. I would not do well in jail and don't look good in orange.
What excites you most about traveling? Everything! Experiencing different cultures, eating different food, seeing as much as possible and meeting locals!
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: The biggest challenge Hagan and I will experience will probably be patience with each other. I am not the fastest athlete on the planet, and for realizing that she is my partner in this and not just my daughter, trusting each other and not giving up!
Pet peeve about your teammate: Her ability to not disconnect from her phone/social media and just enjoy the time together.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I would love to visit Brazil, Holland, Africa and New Zealand.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? Well, the million would be a life changer but, honestly, just to experience this once in a lifetime race with my daughter. To have this time with her, to see all that we are going to see, to be a part of such an incredible show and I just know these memories and experiences will last a lifetime and something we will always share. I am also so excited about the other contestants. What an awesome group of people! I am so honored to be a part of it!

Name: Hagan Parkman
 Twitter: @haganelizabeth
 Instagram: haganparkman
How many total followers do you have across all platforms? Currently 8,800
Hometown: Dallas
Connection to your teammate: Daughter
Current occupation: Sports entertainment and modeling
Describe what you do: I help work/coordinate football games for SEC and ESPN and do commercial modeling on the side.
3 words to describe you: Outgoing, happy and personable.
Favorite hobbies: Working out, movies and playing with my dog.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Graduating from Texas A&M University.
What scares you most about traveling? Flying. I'm secretly terrified of flying.
What excites you most about traveling? Seeing different cultures and just how beautiful the world really is. There is so much to see outside of Texas…who knew?!
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Power struggle. Yes, she is my mom, but I have a very hard head and when I think I'm right, no one can change my mind. I like to have control but I realize she is my mom and I need to respect her and her opinions too! Also, being a parent-child team, we don't have advantages that the teams of two younger members have. Plus, we’re an all girl team. I am very competitive and I hate losing. But I need to know and remember that she will give her best and I don't want to get frustrated with her, nor do I want to let HER down!
Pet peeve about your teammate: Honestly, as cheesy as it sounds, it's how nice she is, however, I'm so lucky that she is that way. When I'm in a competitive situation, I want to yell and be crazy while she just wants to be supportive and nice. So if we get behind I know she'll be positive and I will be the one crying, screaming and saying things that I'm sure I'll regret…ha! But we complement each other really well.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Africa. I doubt we go there because the season before us did. But I would love to see all the wildlife. I'm a huge animal lover. If it was legal, and not extremely dangerous, I would keep wild animals in my house.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? All I hope to accomplish is that at the end of the day, I know I did my very best and put everything I had into every leg. I hope to come out of this appreciating my mom, even more than I already do, because I know how hard she will work and how much she believes in us as a team. We will be in a state of constant stress so I hope at the end of this it will only bring us closer.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 01:20:07 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 04:52:14 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/f0oWIcTXdO4" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/f0oWIcTXdO4</a>
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 03:41:02 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 04:58:06 PM »
So the mother is the internet sensation on this team?

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 06:39:47 PM »
Yes
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 08:17:47 AM »

wait what :lol:
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
I watched her awesome flight safety instruction video on a Southwest flight and it is hilarious, very comedic. In her interview with Ellen DeGeneres which showcased why she does that on flights and it is because she wants to make people happy because flying is scary and stressful for others. Her daughters were there interview, Hagan voiced out that she is a wonderful & awesome mom and proud of what she does. She's a single mom by the way. I already like this team. Definitely rooting for them. Hopefully they make it far.  :cheer:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Hagan is gorgeous and Marty seems fun <3

Rooting for them!

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PTwEkLDKnyY" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PTwEkLDKnyY</a>

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative

‏@Flygirlmom - 7:20 AM - 9 Dec 2015 - at McKinney, TX
Unforgettable memories Hagan & I made on The Amazing Race...details coming soon..Feb 2016!

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
:bump  See post #2!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Meet Video up in reply 2!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook

What’s one major difference between Marty and her daughter, Hagan?

While Marty is more than comfortable flying through the friendly skies with Southwest Airlines, her daughter Hagan suffers from aerophobia, which is an extreme fear of flying, and is terrified to do so while on the Race.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Partner Predictions!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kBhrripvQ9U" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kBhrripvQ9U</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Phil tweeted this...

Ready to take off on #AmazingRace #MotherDaughter @Flygirlmom and @haganelizabeth #Hilarious #Happy #HighFlyers

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Take out the "Video Sensation" part of this team and they seem like the cute mother/daughter duo you'd find in the early seasons. I love that. They're the most normal (because they're [one of] the least famous--funnily, MARTY is the only one I recognized from this cast :lol: ) of the cast and it definitely shows.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I don't have the link to the article on-hand, but apparently these two were supposed to be cast for TAR23 or 25 and were castes by Jodi (TAR14).

ETA: Here it is! http://www.dailytoreador.com/lavida/profiles/alumna-to-compete-on-reality-show/article_f1d5467a-d083-11e5-918f-7b4f5c574947.html

Q: How did you and your daughter end up on “The Amazing Race?”

A: “They actually contacted us. A girl who is now one of the casting directors was a flight attendant with Southwest and was on Season 15 with another flight attendant for Southwest. She actually contacted me last year or about a year and a half ago, and I couldn’t do it then. They called again and asked us to do it, and I thought, ‘You know what, I’m not getting any younger, and if I’m gonna do it, I’m gonna do it now.’ They asked us to do it, which was such an honor.”
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 03:46:02 PM by gamerfan09 »

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
I don't have the link to the article on-hand, but apparently these two were supposed to be cast for TAR23 or 25 and were castes by Jodi (TAR14).

ETA: Here it is! http://www.dailytoreador.com/lavida/profiles/alumna-to-compete-on-reality-show/article_f1d5467a-d083-11e5-918f-7b4f5c574947.html

Q: How did you and your daughter end up on “The Amazing Race?”

A: “They actually contacted us. A girl who is now one of the casting directors was a flight attendant with Southwest and was on Season 15 with another flight attendant for Southwest. She actually contacted me last year or about a year and a half ago, and I couldn’t do it then. They called again and asked us to do it, and I thought, ‘You know what, I’m not getting any younger, and if I’m gonna do it, I’m gonna do it now.’ They asked us to do it, which was such an honor.”
This explains a lot. They seem a LITTLE out of place in this season. But having a viral video makes sense for this season.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
This team had so much potential. They just weren't lucky enough to be on the top of the pack. :( Their mistake really cost them the race, but I hope to see this team back if possible. :torche

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Agreed. :(

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
I think they're one of the best first boots ever they were very nice  :(

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
#BringBackMarty&Hagan
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Here goes the most modest and relatable team this season.... :iok
But seriously, as time passes, the early boots each season are warranting a second-chance/early-boots type of all-stars more and more.

Kelly & Shevonne, Ernest & Jin, Jeff & Lyda, Lisa & Michelle, Dennis & Isabelle, Hoskote & Naina, Chester & Ephraim (+ many other 9-place teams, lol) and now we've got Marty & Hagan, too. :(

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/photos/1005882/marty-and-hagan-reflect-on-their-adventures-during-the-amazing-race/104186/marty-and-hagan-were-the-first-team-eliminated-on-season-28-of-the-amazing-race-/

Marty and Hagan were the first team eliminated on Season 28 of The Amazing Race.

After traveling to Mexico and Colombia together, Marty and Hagan came up short on Episode 2 of The Amazing Race and host Phil Keoghan had to give them the disappointing news that their adventure was over.

While the mother-daughter duo didn't proceed to the next leg of the journey, Marty and Hagan learned a lot through their travels, especially about their own relationship and what it takes to compete together.

Read what this team had to say about their exciting experience on The Amazing Race.

Did you see yourself being the first team eliminated?

Marty: "We never thought we would be eliminated first!"

Hagan: "Absolutely not. I wouldn't have done the Race if I had pictured that, only because you can't go into this thing with the mindset of 'we will be out first.' I pictured myself making to Final 3—then winning, of course! I came on this show to win and it didn't turn out that way, but I am so thankful for the experience. Two legs is better than none, but I wish it would have had a different outcome."

What was the most surprising thing you discovered about yourselves during the Race experience?

Marty: "I discovered I have more strength, competitiveness, and determination than I ever thought."

Hagan: "I guess how competitive I really am. I mean, me and my mom are so close, we don't ever fight. But Race brought out a hidden side of me. I just wanted it so bad that sometimes I took my anger out on my mom, who didn't deserve it! Thank goodness she's a tough cookie."

What did you learn on Race that you'll be able to incorporate into your day-to-day life?

Marty: "For me, the life lessons that I already try to incorporate are no matter what lies ahead—what Speed Bump or Detour life throws at you—never give up!! Keep moving forward and upward. Life is sometimes unpredictable, but no matter what, keep giving 100-percent. It's usually better than you could ever dream or imagine!"

Hagan: "Just to keep going. Life will throw you 'Road Blocks' and 'U-Turns,' but you just have to pick yourself up and keep trucking. Enjoy the little moments, too!"

Why did you leave your taxi at the juice shop?

Marty: "We thought it was right around the corner and, to be honest, our cab driver was so slow, we had no faith in him driving fast."

Hagan: "We asked for directions and the locals said it was 'just around the corner.' Our cab was so slow we thought we could run faster, honestly. And by the time you're a mile in, you don't want to turn around because what if you're almost there? It was so difficult. Our poor camera guys."

Did it cross your mind to take someone else's taxi?

Marty: "Yes! If we could have taken someone's taxi, we would have!"

Hagan: "Oh, yeah. I was about to hop into Darius and Cameron's taxi but, in our clue, it said we had to stick with our taxi. Otherwise, I would have been in that thing."

What team are you rooting for to win?

Marty: "We honestly love everyone for different reasons, but Tyler and Korey will always have a special place in our hearts! Love those boys!"

Hagan: "Tyler and Korey!"

What’s your favorite memory from the Race?

Marty: "Doing the challenges with Hagan—no matter how difficult—and just being a part of this incredible show is unforgettable! The family we now have with all The Amazing Race teams, past and present, are priceless. To think we are one of only a handful of people that got to be a part of this The Amazing Race family, I am still so honored!"

Hagan: "My favorite memory in Mexico was seeing my mom run out of the cave. She was bleeding, sweating, and still running her little heart out to get to me! I had both of our bags on and I immediately sprinted to her when I saw her come out. They didn't air this, but we actually tackled each other and fell to the ground. She was the first parent out of there. I was so proud!"

Watch all-new episodes of The Amazing Race on Fridays at 8/7c.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
The way they used the race terms or twists showed how fun they would've been if we've seen them race further. :(