Author Topic: TAR 28: Jessica Versteeg & Brittany Oldehoff – Instagram Models/Best Friends  (Read 34338 times)

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
They cooked the best fishes among all the teams  :funny:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Their elimination was sad, :torche but performance-wise, they were poor.

The 9th place curse only mattered because of the way they were left behind by the train that could've bunched them up with the rest.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster

The 9th place curse only mattered because of the way they were left behind by the train that could've bunched them up with the rest.

The editing made it look like they missed the train by seconds, but the real reason for their 9th place curse is walking past the location of their original detour choice. Had they done the Swiss army knife detour, they would've been working with the other teams. They'll even be able to get to the roadblock before Scott & Blair.

Wrong decision => Bad luck :(

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
rip queens

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue

The editing made it look like they missed the train by seconds, but the real reason for their 9th place curse is walking past the location of their original detour choice. Had they done the Swiss army knife detour, they would've been working with the other teams. They'll even be able to get to the roadblock before Scott & Blair.

Tbh I would've found it really interesting to see them do the Work Bench detour, because I have no idea how good they would be at it. :lol:
If they hadn't missed the entrance, then Scott & Blair would have had to wait for a work bench or switch detours.. And I fear that might've cost them the race... :(

What's also ironic is that I never liked this team, but this episode found myself rooting for them and praying for a NEL. :lol: The leg design was kinda strange with the bunching befour pit-stop.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
I, too, was never really rooting for this team, but their elimination makes me feel :gaah:

It's strange, because if they did somehow make it to the first train, then Scott & Blair would have been eliminated--and I wouldn't have been too happy about that, either (because it would have strictly been survival of the fittest)! Really should've been a NEL or KOR.

I honestly felt like they could be the next Jaime & Cara. Remember that they finished the Leg 2 Detour 1st outside of the Top 4 and finished 1st overall outside of the Top 4 in Leg 3. I mean, I like Erin & Joslyn but they're way weaker than these girls IMO.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
They were sympathetic this leg, I guess. Their edit was so sad with Jessica working alone while everyone there was working together at the roadblock. In the end, they were eliminated because of it. :( I wasn't rooting for them too, but I pity them.

Offline Super Mateo

• RFF Not So Newbie
It's unfortunate that Jessica couldn't get it together, ace the task, and pass everyone up.  The way she went out of her way to help Cole with the handbags was super nice of her, and it's a shame Sheri and Cole wouldn't return the favor.

Brittany posted on her Twitter that they couldn't get tickets for the train everyone else was on.  They were well aware some of the other teams were on that train, but they got stuck on a different train an hour later.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Sheri & Cole had actually left the RB when they arrived... :(

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster

True. :( I think Cole and Jessica will work together, while the other teams work together, if Cole was there.

Offline Super Mateo

• RFF Not So Newbie

Did they?  I guess I had the timeline in my memory wrong then.  There were a bunch of teams there and thought they were one of them.

Online RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
The Amazing Race 28 Time Capsule: Jessica and Brittany

Watch the third eliminated team from The Amazing Race Season 28 - Jessica Versteeg and Brittany Oldehoff - talk to their future selves in this exclusive time capsule filmed before their adventure began. Plus, watch all-new episodes of The Amazing Race on Fridays at 8/7c.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-YYRtZCo-V4" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-YYRtZCo-V4</a>

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster

Did they?  I guess I had the timeline in my memory wrong then.  There were a bunch of teams there and thought they were one of them.

Burnie & Ashley, Dana & Matt, and Sheri & Cole left when they arrived. They saw the other 5 teams working together, and she was excluded. :( I misunderstood her at first since she looked like she was asking for help like where is the booklet of flags. I rewatched the episode and saw how pathetic Jesscia was when the 5 excluded her. :( This, and the 8 teams being at the pit stop together while they were alone, is why I think their elimination was really sad. :(

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Why are you talking to yourself?

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster

LOL  :funny:
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster

LOL  :funny:

I was correcting or adding stuff after rewatching the episode, but now it seems really funny. :lol: :P

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
You do know there is an edit button which you can use.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Which I didn't think of for those times. :groan: The last episode made me tense. :funny:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I think another issue was they had not exchanged enough currency. They only had US $$ at that point. Had they had euros they could have almost certainly purchased tickets on the train, and possibly could have caught that same train?. Although editing did not make clear how far they were actually behind so we may never know.

Hopefully their elimination Interviews will clear it all up!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
When some fans whined how Jessica & Brittany could have caught the first train had they run, they replied both on Facebook and Twitter that they couldn't GET ON the train due to not having tickets. And then insisted that it wouldn't have been possible to buy tickets on the train as they possessed only US dollars. So I guess that was their only problem and being too late to actually catch that train wasn't the case.

Online RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
The Amazing Race Show N' Tell: Jessica & Brittany

Models Jessica Versteeg and Brittany Oldehoff relive memories from The Amazing Race Season 28 by adding their own special commentary to clips from the show. Watch The Amazing Race on Fridays at 8/7c.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/BIrLItcVzTI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/BIrLItcVzTI</a>

Offline Jcrow

• RFF Newbie
  • What is this?
I don't know how the editing went but, when Jessica was doing the flags it seemed to me that she was doing an awful lot of pouting and foot dragging. I can't help but wonder if she had sucked it up and did it like her life (race life) depended on it, if they could have had time to do what they needed to do to get on the train. I read they didn't have the correct money. Is this true? If so, why didn't they if every other team did? It was obviously somewhat close because the other teams saw them. Point is, I wonder if her 'giving up' during the challenge lost it for them.
You can't take the sky from me.

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
 :hello2:, Jcrow.  :welcome2: to the R.F.F.!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel Garcνa Mαrquez