Author Topic: TAR 28: Dana Borriello & Matt Steffanina – YouTube Stars/Dating  (Read 57542 times)

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Talk too much.
Re: TAR 28: Dana Borriello & Matt Steffanina – YouTube Stars/Dating
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2016, 11:42:42 PM »
Their edit and placement so far reminds me of Ernie & Cindy.
Got along without you before I met you, Gonna get along without you now.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2016, 09:33:58 PM »
Korey: There's a cute moment between me and Dana but I don't know if they'll show it because they edit all of Dana's moments out

:lol: re: next episode

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2016, 06:48:50 PM »

Happy to see she's finally accepting her edit :lol: <3

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2016, 01:28:12 AM »
Could she be sarcastic?

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2016, 07:51:09 AM »
Sarcastic where lol?

I guess no redemptive arc for them then. :lol:

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2016, 06:47:56 AM »
Now I know why they're dating for 3 years and Matt hasn't wanted to get married yet.  :funny:

She's funny to watch but I will die if I have to live with a person like her.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2016, 09:47:08 AM »
The 5th place they got this recent leg was their lowest placement so far. :ascared I expected more from this team, and it's disappointing to know how they have a 1st on Leg 1 but never getting another 1st again. I hope they get another win before they end their race. :hoot:

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2016, 11:04:26 AM »
The 5th place they got this recent leg was their lowest placement so far. :ascared I expected more from this team, and it's disappointing to know how they have a 1st on Leg 1 but never getting another 1st again. I hope they get another win before they end their race. :hoot:
After they won Leg 1, I expected them to be frontrunners. But... they're not :o

"R, you ready? You pain in the ass." :funny:

Offline Super Mateo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2016, 08:27:18 PM »
Sad how they'll get haters because of this. :( (especially the casuals lol)

The casuals don't hate them, they hate just Dana.  It's unfortunate because I think Dana is quite funny.  She's had some great lines so far and I think more people would like her if we saw more of that.  Matt is cool, and he's got my first name, so he's good by me  :)  I like them both though.  I'm glad they're still in the race.

I get why Dana seems frustrated.  She's in a high stress race with every move along the way being filmed, then edited.  At the mat on Friday's episode (Leg 8: Dubai), she and Matt talked to Phil about how they had a huge argument, but all we saw was Dana unloading on him, then her being stubborn while Matt was trying to race.  We never saw Matt fighting back, nor did we see his side of the argument until they were out of the car.  If he did argue back, that's mean of the editors to make it look like Dana is crazy while Matt stays calm.  If he didn't, then I could see why Dana was getting that way.  She's trying to get a point across to someone that just isn't reacting at all.  What really happened?  Only Dana, Matt, and those present know.

Dana, like all of us, has her moments.  Yet, I can't recall off hand, any point where Dana got mad at racers from other teams.  I'm just not convinced that Dana's personality we're seeing on Amazing Race is the same personality she has in her normal life.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2016, 07:54:50 PM »
And here I thought they were getting a redemption arc after Dubai :lol:  :groan:

It's kinda sad that their edit is definitely one of the worst a team has gotten in a long time? It's like they want them to be the Logan & Chris of the season but Dana & Matt actually have peaceful moments and as a result, get edited out? Ugh.

I would definitely like to see more of the MOR-bordering on P edit for them instead of more Tyler or Brodie :res:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2016, 11:38:23 PM »
Social media stars Matt Steffanina and Dana Alexa take on 'The Amazing Race'

March 11, 2016

The current season of  The Amazing Race  recruited some of social media’s biggest stars to battle it out in the ultimate test of endurance, smarts and determination. Two contestants hoping to cross the finish line in first place are engaged couple Dana Alexa and Matt Steffanina. The popular duo have had no trouble staying in sync on the road, given that they are both master dancers and choreographers. The pair have shown off their inimitable dance moves in dozens of videos on YouTube, performing routines to hit songs like Justin Bieber's "Sorry" and Beyoncι's latest hit "Formation." Hello! caught up with the dance and race partners to find out what inspired them to apply for the show, their greatest strengths and how they handled life without technology.

Matt and Dana are currently racing towards the finish line on The Amazing Race (Fridays, CTV).

Whose idea was it to apply for the show? [Dana] Initially it was my idea for us to apply. I have been obsessed with the show for a long time and I knew Matt would make an amazing partner.

What would you say are each other's greatest strength and weakness?

M: Dana had a great intuition. Sometimes she would run right to something even though she had no idea where it was, and was great at reading and understanding the clues. She never gave up. Her weakness was probably that she is emotional.

D: Matt's in such amazing shape. Physically he was incredible in all of the tasks, sometimes he even carried both of our packs! He's also smart and level headed which was an asset. His weakness was that occasionally he was getting frazzled and not always taking the time to make sure we read the clues and were doing the right thing. That was tough because he's usually the calm one!

How will you top the race when it comes to planning your honeymoon? [Matt] I think for a honeymoon we will choose something a little more relaxing! [Laughs] Maybe a beautiful beach with some down time would be a nice change from the craziness of racing. The Maldives sounds nice!

Was it easy to unplug from social media?

D: For me it was a really nice change. I enjoyed being immersed in the experience of racing with no distractions! There were definitely a few times where Google maps would have come in handy though! I really missed dancing more than social media.

M: It was a welcome break! We love our social media and the way it lets us connect with dancers around the world but it was cool to be immersed in different cultures and not to have a cellphone screen between us. We were so busy and so invested in the race it was hard to think about anything else!

How would you both describe your experience on The Amazing Race in 140 characters or less?

D: The race was the hardest thing I've ever done and I loved every minute of it.

M: Hungry, tired, dirty, smelling questionable... we did this to ourselves #TAR

If they ever did an Amazing Race  celebrity edition and you could team up with a star, who would you choose?

D: I genuinely would never race with anyone other than Matt. I know that's corny but I think you need to fully know and trust your partner to get through this experience and I wouldn't feel comfortable to race with a celebrity. But if I HAD to pick one I would pick The Rock, for obvious reasons [ Laughs].

M: Ditto, I'll take Thor.

http://ca.hellomagazine.com/film/02016031124347/social-media-stars-dana-alexa-and-matt-steffanina-take-on-the-amazing-race/
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2016, 08:43:44 PM »
Congratulations  :conf: :hearts:

A million dollar teams richer
what might have been

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2016, 08:08:59 AM »
I'm glad the mistakes they made didn't cost them the race:
1. Letting their cab go (They were lucky to have a huge lead over the other 2 teams.)
2. Missing the clue for the 2nd roadblock (It wasn't too big of a mistake.)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2016, 09:09:23 AM »
omg I'm so happy! Them winning is so unprecedented in terms of the edit Dana got.
They might be the most hated winners by casuals though :lol:

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2016, 11:07:01 AM »
1. Letting their cab go (They were lucky to have a huge lead over the other 2 teams.)

Especially the first one. I thought they would be doomed like Justin and Diana.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2016, 11:23:44 AM »

Especially the first one. I thought they would be doomed like Justin and Diana.

Sheri & Cole let their cab go, too and Tyler & Korey had a bad taxi driver.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Dana Borriello and Matt Steffanina – "YouTube Stars"
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2016, 02:30:33 AM »
Name: Matt Steffanina

Pet peeve about your teammate: She's quick to lose her temper.

You don't say? :lol:

Congrats to them!  :hearts:

I was really underwhelmed when they won over Sheri & Cole, but the casuals on Facebook melted down so <3333333333

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Talk too much.
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2016, 05:47:48 AM »
Their edit and placement so far reminds me of Ernie & Cindy.
LOL. Turns out they win the race also which I love a lot.  <333

Spreaded some loves for them  :luvya: :luvya: :luvya:
Got along without you before I met you, Gonna get along without you now.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2016, 02:37:56 AM »
Watch Dana And Matt, Winners Of The Amazing Race, Answer Fan Questions

After traveling through 18 cities, 10 countries, and covering over 27,000 miles together, Dana and Matt, winners of The Amazing Race Season 28, take some time to answer fan questions in an exclusive chat following their epic win!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/nIM1BuhvkEM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/nIM1BuhvkEM</a>

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2016, 08:32:00 AM »
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-the-amazing-race-winners-dana-borriello-and-matt-steffanina-talk-%28part-1%29-19805.php

Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race' winners Dana Borriello and Matt Steffanina talk (Part 1)
By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 05/16/2016

The Amazing Race crowned "Engaged Couple" Dana Borriello and Matt Steffanina the champions of Season 28 during Friday night's finale broadcast on CBS.

Dana and Matt arrived at the final Pit Stop in Los Angeles, CA, in first place, therefore winning the $1 million grand prize. They raced through 18 cities and 10 countries, traveling more than 27,000 miles.

"Mother and Son" Sheri LaBrant and Cole LaBrant, who were the underdogs all season long, finished in second place. On their heels were "Best Friends" Tyler Oakley and Korey Kuhl in third place.

During an exclusive interview with Reality TV World on Monday, Dana and Matt talked about their The Amazing Race experience and victory. Below is the first half. Check back with us soon for the concluding portion.

Reality TV World: Any idea how much time elapsed from when you arrived at the finish line to when Sheri and Cole did, and then Tyler and Korey after them?

Matt Steffanina: Yeah, it was about 30 minutes between us and Sheri and Cole. It felt like three days, but we heard it was about 30 minutes. And then about another 15 minutes after that, Tyler and Korey came.

Reality TV World: I know you guys believed in yourselves and definitely thought you were capable of winning the Race, but did your victory surprise you at all, especially considering Tyler and Korey had won so many legs beforehand?

Dana Borriello: Yeah, I was a little surprised! I mean, it's really tough. We won that first leg and then we went so many legs without having a win and without being able to beat Tyler and Korey. So we knew it was definitely going to be -- that we were going to need to run a pretty perfect leg. So, I think we were both a little surprised by it. It was just such a big dream come true for us that we were in shock.

Reality TV World: The show made it look like you guys got a little lost looking for the finish line. Did it take you a while to find host Keoghan on the mat or was it just the editing? Maybe they wanted the race to seem closer than it really was?

Matt Steffanina: I mean, that was a little bit of editing. We definitely were confused and having trouble finding it, but it was probably only about five minutes, maybe 10 at most, of running around looking for it. Where we actually lost more time was looking for our taxi after we let our taxi go.

That appeared a little quicker, I felt like on the show, but in real life, it was probably at least 20 minutes, maybe even more of running around trying to catch a new cab. So, that's really where we made our biggest mistake in the final leg.

Reality TV World: Were you freaking out in that moment thinking, "This is going to be our million-dollar mistake?" We saw a little bit of that unfold on TV.

Dana Borriello: I mean, for me, I know everyone is calling it a mistake, but it's kind of hard to say because when we got on that boat, we were pretty sure that we were going to have to take the boat to another boat or to another location and then not need a car anymore. So if that turned out to be the case, and we kept the cab, THAT would've been a huge mistake.

Because then we would have had to take the boat all the way back, pay the cab and release it -- and then take the boat all the way back out. So, we were kind of operating feeling like we wouldn't need cars anymore, that we were going to be using a boat.

So, you know, it was, I guess, a mistake in hindsight -- because that didn't turn out to be the case -- but we also released a taxi that wasn't that quick. And the taxi that we got turned out to be extremely fast and a guy that really knew the area and had a better working phone. So I think it actually turned out well that we got rid of that first cab.

Matt Steffanina: Yeah, and taxis the whole season had been our weakness. (Laughs) We just had the worst luck with taxis, so it really came at a good time in the final leg for us to get our best taxi of the whole season.

Reality TV World: Dana, it looked like you flew through the final Roadblock task when you had to deal with the barrels and hashtags. How long did it take you? Did it really go as smoothly as it appeared?

Dana Borriello: Yeah, it did go that smoothly. I think I probably did it in what, like, 15 minutes?

Matt Steffanina: Yeah. I would say 20 tops.

Dana Borriello: I just needed to physically put those tops on the barrels. I struggled a little bit with some of the higher ones, but I had a pretty good system down. I separated everything and then just kind of threw it up, and yeah, I did it really quick.

Reality TV World: It seemed like the Final 3 teams all knew the hashtags in your clues would be part of the final Roadblock task. Did you ever discuss that possibility with them since you were all friendly, or did you keep it to yourselves in the hope no one else would pick up on it?

Dana Borriello: We kept it to ourselves for a long time, but every once in a while, someone would slip and kind of say it out loud. So we were conscious of the fact that the other teams already were probably onto it the same way. But no one ever outright discussed it or discussed the hashtags to make sure we all had the same ones or anything like that. But we were kind of aware, I think.

Matt Steffanina: I think all the teams were hoping that they had an advantage because they had figured out that that was what the final challenge could be, (laughs) but we all were pretty much on top of taking notes and thinking ahead. Everyone was really well studied on the Race, so it just kind of evened out and we all knew that the hashtags would be there.

Dana Borriello: I do know that the other teams though did make mistakes in that final challenge.

Matt Steffanina: Yeah.

Dana Borriello: I know that they had a couple of errors and maybe had to do it one or two different times before they could get through. So, that's a piece of information that we got afterwards.

Reality TV World: Matt, you nailed the skyscraper Roadblock task in one attempt when the other teams had to do it two or three times. How long did one attempt take? Because it seemed like Sheri and Cole and Tyler and Korey had little hope of recovering after that task.

Matt Steffanina: Yeah, that task, I would say it took at least 10 minutes, maybe as much as 15. Because it took a couple of minutes to lower down, and then you had to go all the way back up the elevator, come around the building, get re-harnessed, and do a safety check all over again. So, it was a good amount of time.

And they only showed a couple, but I think Sheri had maybe one more attempt and Tyler as well. So we ended up with a good, I'd say, 30 minute lead right after that first challenge, which was huge. Because the final leg, it turned out that all the teams were so strong, there really weren't too many places to pass. We were able to keep that lead pretty much the rest of the leg.

Reality TV World: You talked a little bit about preparing for the final task being some type of memory test. Tell me a little bit about the notes you took and when you found time to study. What was your strategy? If you assumed the hashtags would be a part of the final Roadblock, how much else did you consider necessary to review?

Dana Borriello: We assumed the hashtags would be a part of the final Roadblock, but we've also seen other seasons where there have been multiple different recall tasks, like sometimes you have to do multiple challenges that involve memory. So to be safe, we just copied every single clue from top to bottom before we would turn them in at the Pit Stop.

I would usually copy them and then Matt, once we got back to our hotel, he'd copy my notes into his notebook. And then we would just kind of talk about them and re-talk through the leg and study a little bit while we were in sequester waiting for the next leg.

Matt Steffanina: Some of the other things we discussed were flags for each country, we always made note of the language, the currency, usual the greeter -- whoever greets us at the mat. We tried to take really consistent notes just based on things we've seen in past seasons.

Reality TV World: Phil admitted at the finish line he thought you two were going to self-destruct at some point because you bickered so much. I know, looking back, the overcoming all those little fights made you stronger. But was there ever a time during the Race you thought, "This dynamic just isn't working and we need to get along in order to win?"

Dana Borriello: I don't really think that we, actually I think it's kind of funny because we had an interview in Chamonix and someone asked Matt if we would stop bickering, and we were both like, "No way! We're never going to stop bickering."

It's kind of part of the way we interact. I do think at certain points I got a little too intense and that's something I'm working on, but I think that's just part of our dynamic. We're both really strong and we're both kind of aggressive.

Matt Steffanina: Yeah, we had a really good talk when we survived Dubai and got to Bali just about refocusing on the task and working a little bit better as a team. I think in the last four legs, we were really able to pull it together and work a lot cleaner through the leg.

Check back with Reality TV World soon for the concluding portion of Dana and Matt's exclusive The Amazing Race interview.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 08:44:36 AM by Platrium »

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2016, 08:32:24 AM »
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-the-amazing-race-winners-dana-borriello-and-matt-steffanina-talk-%28part-2%29-19818.php

Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race' winners Dana Borriello and Matt Steffanina talk (Part 2)
By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 05/18/2016

The Amazing Race crowned "Engaged Couple" Dana Borriello and Matt Steffanina the champions of Season 28 during Friday night's finale broadcast on CBS.

Dana and Matt arrived at the final Pit Stop in Los Angeles, CA, in first place, therefore winning the $1 million grand prize. They raced through 18 cities and 10 countries, traveling more than 27,000 miles.

"Mother and Son" Sheri LaBrant and Cole LaBrant, who were the underdogs all season long, finished in second place. On their heels were "Best Friends" Tyler Oakley and Korey Kuhl in third place.

During an exclusive interview with Reality TV World on Monday, Dana and Matt talked about their The Amazing Race experience and victory. Below is the concluding portion. Click here to read the first half.

Reality TV World: Did you find watching some of the episodes back a little cringe-worthy? I'm sure it wasn't easy to watch yourselves fight, especially if you were watching with friends and family.

Dana Borriello: Dubai wasn't my finest hour. I didn't enjoy watching that back. It was a tough episode for us. But you know, like I've been saying, I really feel like it's a blessing in disguise.

A lot of people don't get that kind of lens, where you get to watch yourself and say, "Okay, this is not good. This is a part of my personality that I need to work on." And if you can accept that and make the changes, I think in the end, I'll be better for it and our relationship will be better for it.

Reality TV World: What would you say was the most difficult part of the Race for you guys and what will go down as your highlight -- aside from crossing the finish line first and winning $1 million. (Laughs)

Matt Steffanina: I would say the most difficult part for us was self-navigation in Dubai. It was probably our least favorite moment of the Race as well, but it's just so hard, being in a country with a foreign language. And we're not the best with maps because we rely on GPS mostly in LA.

That was also where we had some arguments and stuff. It was just a tough leg. We knew we were at the back and we knew that we were really in danger of going home, and we just weren't ready to go home.

I think favorite point, for me, was Chamonix for sure, doing the paragliding off of the mountain. That was one of the coolest Roadblocks throughout the Race and something that I'll remember forever. It was such a beautiful place. We've been to France several times but I've never seen anything like that.

Dana Borriello: Yeah, I think he pretty much covered it. But my favorite moment was actually in Bali. I really enjoyed it. I know [Matt] kind of hated it, but we looked outside at the temple in Bali and we had had a pretty rough leg before that. And I got to sleep outside and it was really peaceful.

You could hear the waves on the beach and we really refocused before that next leg. I think that was kind of where the whole game shifted for us, when we really decided that we wanted to win. (Laughs) Again, we renewed that commitment and I felt like a new person after that experience.

Reality TV World: Did it come as a surprise to you that Sheri and Cole finished the Race in second place, especially considering they survived two last-place finishes and were the underdogs when Tyler and Korey were the frontrunners?

Dana Borriello: Yeah, I was shocked honestly! When Sheri and Cole came around second, I was really surprised. I mean, I knew that they were really strong, and you know how it is, a race is a race. It's meant to be that way, that anyone can do it.

They are a great team and they had so many great moments, and they were really strong. So, we never underestimated them. But I guess, you know, just in us expecting Tyler and Korey to -- they are just such a great time. I was surprised, were you?

Matt Steffanina: Yeah. I mean, obviously I was shocked. I think everybody was, and even Sheri and Cole admitted, like, "We've given our goodbye speech five times now whether it's in taxis or on the mat. We just somehow keep surviving."

As fans of the show, even though we obviously wanted to win, we were rooting for them to do well also. Because they're just fun to watch and they are really good people with good hearts.

Reality TV World: Did you two personally feel a little underestimated in the Race? Because it seemed like the big threats who were always discussed were only Brodie Smith and Kurt Gibson as well as Tyler and Korey.

Dana Borriello: I definitely think we were underestimated throughout this season. We actually made a comment after the U-Turn that we were really happy to be underestimated because no one even really considered us for the U-Turn! (Laughs) They were like, "We don't need to U-Turn them. They're fine. They're easy to beat."

So it saved us in that regard, that I think people didn't really remember us. They didn't consider us one of the frontrunners. And I think with fans watching the show, they really, I think, thought that the bickering was a bigger deal than it was.

Like I said, for us, we had moments when it went a little too far, but mostly, it really wasn't that bad -- the bickering. I feel like we worked really well together. We were a really strong team through a lot of it. You just couldn't really tell, I guess.

Matt Steffanina: And also, historically on the show, dancers haven't really done very well. (Laughs) [Tiffany Chantell and Krista Debono] had a really great season last year, but other than that, usually dancers are some of the first ones to go.

Dana Borriello: They were actually "Cheerleaders." They had dancers [Ernest Phillips and Jin Lao] on their season that went home early.

Matt Steffanina: Oh yeah! The dancers did go home early. I mean, I think Tiffany and Krista were dancers as well. But I think that stigma came with us a little bit, like people were like, "Oh, yeah, you know, the dancers. They never do too well on the Race." And that kind of worked to our advantage. We were able to lay low and sneak in there.

Reality TV World: What do you guys plan on doing with your $1 million?

Dana Borriello: We don't have any, like, in-depth plans right now for the money. We are just going to take my parents on a vacation to Italy. My dad has always wanted to see Italy. He's been talking about it since I was born pretty much, and he's been promising my mom he would take her.

So, he's going blind and we wanted to get him there before he completely loses his eyesight so he can see Italy. So, we'll be doing that in the next couple of weeks, and that's really the biggest plan we have right now.

Matt Steffanina: Yeah, we have a lot of things that we wanted to do with dance, whether it's get a space of our own and just be able to help dancers and work with dancers here in LA and around the country. So, we're just going to think about it and see what we can do -- what would be the best use of [the money] for us.

Reality TV World: Any wedding plans in the works? Any details set in stone?

Dana Borriello: No, we don't really have any wedding plans. It's still kind of the same as before we left. Our relationship is doing really well and we're really happy, but we don't have any plans to marry or to separate. (Laughs)

We're just kind of really happy doing what we're doing. We're traveling a lot, we're working a lot, and I think that if we get married -- when we get married -- it will probably just be like a quick, small barbecue.

Matt Steffanina: Yeah!

Dana Borriello: He really wants it to be a barbecue.

Matt Steffanina: (Laughs)

Reality TV World: Based on your obvious knowledge of the show and the fact you're fans of The Amazing Race, did you actually apply to get on the show or were you contacted by producers because of your YouTube presence?

Dana Borriello: We had actually applied several times for a previous season, and we've been called but never brought through to finals. We kind of put it on the back-burner, and it had been about a year...

Matt Steffanina: We applied but we also went to an open call. We slept outside on the sidewalk in San Francisco to get seen for the open call.

Dana Borriello: Yeah, we really wanted to do it and we applied several times since we were big fans. But we never got through to the finals, so we kind of put it on the back-burner a little bit.

And then we got a call from the casting director that had called us for a previous season, and he said, "I recognize your photo from your previous admissions on your YouTube page, and this season, we're doing social media, so I think you guys are a great fit." And it kind of just went from there! 

To read the first half of Dana and Matt's exclusive The Amazing Race interview with Reality TV World, click here.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 08:44:19 AM by Platrium »

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2016, 02:47:27 PM »
Dana's comment on FB's TAR page :(:

The things that people have posted on this page and the way I have been relentlessly bullied and tormented over a few bad moments on a TV show is so troubling to me. I'm a grown woman and luckily I have thick skin- but I understand now what people go through and how insane it is to be cyber bullied. The things people have posted on this page I wouldn't say in my wildest dreams to anyone -Nevermind a total stranger ... Everyone here is old enough to know better and typing these things from the comfort of their homes.. It's so sad and scary. I am not a mean person because I've had some mean moments or I have some ugly parts of my personality.. The same as none of you who have come here and posted disgusting things are mean hearted people. It's just bad judgment... At least mine was made in the heat of a moment under intense circumstances, what's everyone else's excuse? I hope everyone will consider more carefully the things they post online-- always trying to teach me the lesson that words hurt while speaking so hatefully- it's beyond hypocritical. Practice what you preach and please don't talk to anyone else the way you have to me... Some people may not take it in stride as I have. Real people see these posts and they can have real consequences. Speak constructively and from a good place or not at all. I've learned that lesson, have you?

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2016, 11:58:01 PM »
The 30 minutes time gap was kind of obvious. Matt and Dana were never shown with other teams on the same location aside from the first task.
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2016, 02:52:03 PM »
Matt and Dana had done some work on the game Uncharted 4: A Thief's End by contributing to the multiplayer. Link below :)

http://www.naughtydog.com/blog/uncharted_4_dance_taunts_behind_the_scenes
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2016, 02:09:06 PM »
You Won't Believe These Fun Facts About The New Amazing Race Cast
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/photos/1005631/you-won-t-believe-these-fun-facts-about-the-new-amazing-race-cast/101474/why-do-matt-and-dana-look-so-familiar-/

Why do Matt and Dana look so familiar?

Matt, a professional dancer and choreographer, and his dancer fiancι, Dana, have starred in a number of commercials, music videos, stage shows, TV, movies, dance videos, and tutorials.