Author Topic: TAR 28: Sheri & Cole LaBrant – Vine Star/Mother-Son  (Read 53454 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: TAR 28: Sheri & Cole LaBrant – Vine Star/Mother-Son
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2016, 10:51:36 PM »
Per this article at http://alabamanewscenter.com/2016/02/02/enterprise-duo-featuring-troy-university-vine-star-competes-in-amazing-race/
The LaBrants knew of “The Amazing Race” – distant cousins competed in an early season – but they weren’t fans.

OK, do we have any idea which early season team that was?
-- theschnauzers

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2016, 05:22:07 PM »
Per this article at http://alabamanewscenter.com/2016/02/02/enterprise-duo-featuring-troy-university-vine-star-competes-in-amazing-race/
The LaBrants knew of “The Amazing Race” – distant cousins competed in an early season – but they weren’t fans.

OK, do we have any idea which early season team that was?
Sheri has some physical similarities to Linda Weaver of the family edition. :lol:

I think I will like this team, but I hope Waffle House parenting skills won't come into play.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline scott14

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2016, 03:02:38 AM »
Did some Facebook stalking and it does seem like the Weavers are their distant cousins.

Sheri and Linda for next hybrid all-stars team please!

Wish the epic highlights of the Weaver family hadn't ben deleted from YouTube.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2016, 01:28:36 PM »
OMG the Weavers were my absolute favourites in that dreadful edition and when RachelLeVega mentioned Linda Weaver I totally remembered her similarities to Sheri! :o

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2016, 09:30:11 PM »
Sheri & Linda will rule the world <3

Just one more week before I can see Sheri (and Cole, I must add, though not really) dominating the race.
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2016, 06:44:02 PM »
Phil tweeted this...

Get ready for @SheriGirlz @TheSuperCole #Wacky #Wild #Wholesome with #Wisecracks #AmazingRace in 6 days

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2016, 04:24:18 PM »

Troy University student to star in CBS' 'The Amazing Race'

Posted: Thursday, 11 February 2016

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TROY - A Troy University freshman and his mother will be among the participants during season 28 of "The Amazing Race," which premieres on CBS Friday night, Feb. 12 at 7 p.m.

Cole LaBrant, a freshman business major who grew up in Troy and graduated from Enterprise High School, will be one of several social media stars to be featured on the show this season.

LaBrant came to prominence in recent years due to his popularity on social media, particularly the website Vine, where his short videos have gained him 6.6 million followers.

Along with two friends, LaBrant started uploading Vine videos in high school.

The videos quickly gained popularity due to their quirkiness and consistency.

"We threw up a video on Vine just sort of playing around over the summer, and it got decent likes in day one, so we thought we’d try again the next day," LaBrant said. "After a week, we had 100,000 followers. We kept making them, and, after a month, we had a million followers."

Last July, he was contacted by "Amazing Race" producers, who informed him they were working on a social media-themed season of the hit show.

"We hopped on it, and I made an audition video with my younger brother Jack, my older brother Luke and both my parents," LaBrant said. "After watching the videos, they thought it would be fun to have a mother-son team."

From there, the LaBrants had to audition in person along with nearly 50 other teams, he said.

In early October, the show’s producers informed the LaBrants they had been chosen and it was time to get ready for an around-the-world trip.

"There are 11 teams in an elimination-style game," LaBrant said. "You start in the U.S. and your first location is somewhere outside the country. Whenever you get to that country, you do fun, challenging tasks relative to that country's customs, and it's a race. The last person to the finish line gets eliminated, then the other 10 teams go to another country around the world."

Eventually the three remaining teams compete in a final race in the U.S.

LaBrant described the entire experience as surreal.

"I've always wanted to travel the world, and we were able to not only travel the world but do so for free, and get to do things that were amazing in those countries," he said. "It was so fun, and I would totally do it again."

Though it's technically a reality show, don't expect any dysfunctional family drama among the LaBrants this season.

"We're not drama people. That's just not us," LaBrant said. "We had a lot of fun."

http://troy.edu/news/articles/2016/02/troy-university-student-to-star-in-cbs-the-amazing-race.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2016, 09:08:37 PM »
Sheri goddess is entertaining and #inspirational

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2016, 11:14:27 AM »
She should seriously stop helping others :lol:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2016, 12:31:09 AM »
"We hopped on it, and I made an audition video with my younger brother Jack, my older brother Luke and both my parents," LaBrant said. "After watching the videos, they thought it would be fun to have a mother-son team."

:o
Good decision from TAR for picking a mother-son team. :lol:

Also about the family feud video, when was that? :ascared
That video made me like Sheri more. She's so energetic. :lol:
Also, :lol: when I saw the host's face. He reminded me of the Miss Universe 2015 host who messed up. :funny: (I believe it was him? :lol: )

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2016, 01:04:58 AM »

Also, :lol: when I saw the host's face. He reminded me of the Miss Universe 2015 host who messed up. :funny: (I believe it was him? :lol: )

It was him.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2016, 01:08:39 AM »

It was him.

I knew it! :funny:

Offline Chuckl8

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2016, 01:44:05 AM »
I was hoping that Cole would place last, since he is annoying as hell. Does he even realize how loud and obnoxious he is?  (Added emphasis on LOUD! :cheer:)  I realize that he's "only" 19, but most other 19 year olds know how to act in public, especially when travelling abroad. 

Then again, just about the entire cast of this season seem to have problems relating to others in public. I'll give it a few more episodes to be sure, but my first impression is that it's possible that those who are social media stars might lack normal social skills when they are actually in public social settings.

I realize that that's a very broad statement, and it could be that the casting of the current TAR couples unintentionally brought together some less than socially adept people. I'd hate to think that the producers did it on purpose!  Time will tell, I guess.  I just hope that the racers don't insult or annoy the wrong people and get us into another conflict!  blahblah

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2016, 02:48:04 AM »
 :hello2: and :wel2 to RFF, Chuckl8!

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2016, 04:50:41 AM »
Thought Cole was going to be extremely annoying, but I ended up really liking him.  And Sherri!!! Such a Goddess!  :<3
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2016, 06:58:05 PM »
I was hoping that Cole would place last, since he is annoying as hell. Does he even realize how loud and obnoxious he is?  (Added emphasis on LOUD! :cheer:)  I realize that he's "only" 19, but most other 19 year olds know how to act in public, especially when travelling abroad. 

Then again, just about the entire cast of this season seem to have problems relating to others in public. I'll give it a few more episodes to be sure, but my first impression is that it's possible that those who are social media stars might lack normal social skills when they are actually in public social settings.

I realize that that's a very broad statement, and it could be that the casting of the current TAR couples unintentionally brought together some less than socially adept people. I'd hate to think that the producers did it on purpose!  Time will tell, I guess.  I just hope that the racers don't insult or annoy the wrong people and get us into another conflict!  blahblah
I can't agree more, Chuckie. I think most of these over-the-roof social media personalities have grown familiar to being in front of a camera almost all the time that their minds have altered to being less self-aware and being more narcissistic and grown to be "stage present", but that's just in my point of view. There are several racers I like (Dana & Matt, Marty & Hagan, Sheri as a mother, Cameron & Darius) who seem quite sincere even without their social media notoriety, though they aren't necessarily living up to their hype as entertainment on "my" TAR standards.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2016, 05:14:00 PM »
You also have to remember that the editors pick and choose, and the camera crews have been known to ask for redos, might have something to do with it.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2016, 04:35:31 AM »
This team has placed (in no chronological order) 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th in pit stops.
Let's hope they collect more different placements as they go on. :lol:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2016, 02:46:22 PM »
This last leg was a first place tie in all but in name. So that 7th place is a little deceptive.
-- theschnauzers

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2016, 05:29:48 AM »
Sheri is one of my favourite racers of all time.

Cole is one of my LEAST favourite racers of all time.

I'm so conflicted on rooting for them or not :lol:

Hopefully they can pull off and survive next week!  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2016, 10:35:03 AM »
Sheri is one of my favourite racers of all time.

Cole is one of my LEAST favourite racers of all time.

I'm so conflicted on rooting for them or not :lol:

Hopefully they can pull off and survive next week!  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Like watching a reversed Ronald & Christina. :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2016, 10:52:05 AM »
I LOVE SHERI AND COLE. COLE IS LIKE JUST AMAZING THIS LEG. OMG I'VE NOT BEEN LIKE SO CRAZY IN LOVE WITH A TEAM FOR LIKE SO LONG. THANKS FOR REIGNITING MY LOVE FOR AMAZING RACE <333

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2016, 02:57:15 AM »
Sheri is a star

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2016, 06:00:58 AM »
sheri and cole is just a tv gold <3<3<3 i really like this team <3333 reminds me of Margie and Luke

but i really wonder why did Cole let Sheri do such hard task like rappeling in Chamonix or  Changing oil RB? are there any explanation? or Sheri did it by her initiative?
cause IMHO it's kinda weird and mean to see his mom did that task while he just stood there... :(
what might have been

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2016, 06:06:40 AM »
sheri and cole is just a tv gold <3<3<3 i really like this team <3333 reminds me of Margie and Luke

but i really wonder why did Cole let Sheri do such hard task like rappeling in Chamonix or  Changing oil RB? are there any explanation? or Sheri did it by her initiative?
cause IMHO it's kinda weird and mean to see his mom did that task while he just stood there... :(

Sheri mentioned since Leg 5 that Cole has been doing most of the work, so I think Sheri is trying to prove herself that she's not a liability to the team.