Author Topic: TAR 28: Sheri & Cole LaBrant – Vine Star/Mother-Son  (Read 53353 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: TAR 28: Sheri & Cole LaBrant – Vine Star/Mother-Son
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2016, 12:05:28 PM »
Cole is extremely afraid of heights so Sheri took up the rappelling challenge. As for the oil changing Roadblock, I have no idea why?

But if it's anything to be thankful for, it will be that this team will wise up and make smarter decisions hopefully!

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2016, 12:19:39 PM »
Sheri tweeted that they decided pre-Race Cole would do the "speed/strength" Roadblocks. I mean, if she had twisted the tool the other way around they would've been fine... I think?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2016, 12:21:25 PM »
There's a lot of bouncing on the boobs. - Sheri

BEST QUOTE OF THIS SEASON :funny:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2016, 05:38:26 PM »
There's a lot of bouncing on the boobs. - Sheri

BEST QUOTE OF THIS SEASON :funny:

Why was that not a title quote :lol:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2016, 04:28:22 AM »
The placement they've gotten this recent leg (5th) is the highest they've gotten so far.  :funny: I think they'll be the new underdog team after Scott & Blair, just like Josh & Brent after Gary & Will were eliminated. :lol:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2016, 08:55:46 AM »
I have come to a realisation that Cole is MUCH MUCH MUCH better at being just Sheri's cheerleader and side-supporter than his own character. If Cole's not being that then he's still annoying the worst/most useless racer this season lol.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2016, 08:00:20 PM »

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2016, 07:58:40 AM »
It's a shame how they seem so weak but they just have some bad luck:

9th   8th   6th   7th   7th   7th   5th   6th   3rd   4th   3rd

It could have been:

9th   8th   6th   3rd    3rd   2nd   5th   6th   3rd   3rd   3rd

:lol:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2016, 12:50:47 PM »

It could have been:

Sheri & Cole are making Dandrew take a run for their underdog title. :funny: If they win in a triumphant way, that would redeem 28 for me to at least "re-watchable". They are the only team I was and still am rooting for this season.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2016, 07:26:32 PM »
Sheri and Cole for TAR 28 winner <333

it could be first Mom and son winner of TAR franchise, Margie and Luke was almost the one <333

and third time parent and child win since Tim/Tim sr. and Dave/Connor
what might have been

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2016, 07:21:29 AM »

It could have been:

Their average would go from 5.9 to 4.6!
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2016, 05:29:07 AM »
Them winning will be my greatest joy for this season.  :cheer:
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2016, 09:49:32 AM »
PLS WIN EVEN IF ALL ODDS ARE AGAINST YOU <33333333333333

Offline LeonardTheKoala

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2016, 12:57:11 AM »
Sheri and Cole now hold the record for the highest placing of any Mother/Son (previously Margie and Luke) team on TARUS at 2nd place. Congrats Sheri and Cole  :hearts:

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2016, 07:43:37 AM »
If the finale was just a bit longer/more challenging, I think they had a chance.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2016, 02:39:12 AM »

Sheri taking a fluffy unicorn from Despicable Me keychain all around the world omg :lol: <3

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2016, 02:51:05 AM »
The unicorn is going places. :colors Must be their good luck charm in non-eliminations. :lol:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2016, 10:16:23 PM »
http://www.cbs.com/shows/2016-finales/photos/1006484/sheri-and-cole-reflect-on-their-adventures-during-the-amazing-race/?session=b&subses=1

Sheri and Cole come in second place on Season 28 of The Amazing Race.

After making it to the finals together, mother-and-son duo Sheri and Cole LaBrant snagged second place on the season finale of The Amazing Race, which was right behind this season's winners Dana and Matt.

While Sheri and Cole didn't walk away with $1 million after weeks spent racing around the world, they managed to leave the Race proud of their accomplishments and the countless memories they made along the way.

Read what Sheri and Cole had to say following their incredible experience on The Amazing Race.

Watch the season finale of The Amazing Race now on CBS.com.

1. How was it racing together as mother and son?

Sheri: "I definitely think that, as a mom, it was a dream come true to travel the world with your kid. Especially having so many children, doing things one-on-one is really difficult, so this was a great time for us to be together. I’m assuming Cole would have had more fun with a brother, but he didn’t make me feel that way. He looked like he was having fun, too."

2. Since your high-flying challenges on The Amazing Race, are you both still afraid of heights?

Cole: "Not at all. Nope! I think it was last season, [when] Tanner was afraid of heights and then he had to do the rope swing. After that, he was not afraid. Not sure how that happened for him because it did not happen for me."

Sheri: "If I had to jump off that building again, I think I may cry."

3. Would you guys do an All-Stars season if you were asked back?

Cole: "We would totally do an All-Stars season. Absolutely. I honestly went into it not sure what to expect. I thought it would be awesome, but it is one of those things that I could do on repeat, year after year."

Sheri: "I would do it yearly, too. No doubt."

4. What was it about the hashtags that made you know they'd be important in the final memory challenge?

Cole: "It was a social media season, so it just made sense. They had hashtags in the clues and it's a social season, so we just thought about it and remembered it."

5. What techniques did you use to memorize all the hashtags?

Cole: "We both just studied. Pretty early on, maybe [during] the second or third leg, we picked up on the hashtags being [part of a] memory challenge. I never thought we would make it that far, though, so we didn’t really study them. It was on the plane from China to L.A. that we really tried to memorize them. You say the clues over and over, so it was something that you just naturally memorize."

Sheri: "With Cole just finishing high school and now being in college, I knew his study skills were better than mine. He is a straight-A student, so if he studies it, he knows it."

6. What are your top travel tips for potential racers?

Sheri: "Travel light. Ever since the Race, I have not been checking luggage. When you think you might need something, you probably don’t. Pack lightly because you don't need everything."

Cole: "Pack like a 19-year-old guy."

7. What was the best part of your experience on The Amazing Race?

Sheri: "I can't say just one thing, so I'm going to say traveling the world and making friends with the cast. I think our experience was as fun as it was because our whole cast got along. There was no drama. It was a competition, but we were all traveling the world and having a great time."

8. What was your favorite location from this season?

Cole: "Probably Dubai or Chamonix, France."

Sheri: "Same. It's funny because we came in last in Dubai and I hated the driving, but the activities in both those places were incredible. Everything was gorgeous. Just like pictures."

Watch the season finale of The Amazing Race now to see how Sheri and Cole's journey came to an end.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2016, 01:16:03 AM »

Sheri taking a fluffy unicorn from Despicable Me keychain all around the world omg :lol: <3

I laughed really hard at this one. Really cute.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2016, 06:38:18 PM »

Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race' runner-up team Sheri LaBrant and Cole LaBrant talk (Part 1)

By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 05/17/2016

The Amazing Race's "Mother and Son" team Sheri LaBrant and Cole LaBrant finished the final leg of Season 28 in second place during Friday night's finale on CBS.

Sheri and Cole lost the $1 million to winners Dana Borriello and Matt Steffanina, however, they defeated third-place finishers Tyler Oakley and Korey Kuhl, who had been known as the ones to beat. 

Sheri and Cole overcame the odds by making it as far as they did in the race around the world, including two last-place finishes, a clear physical disadvantage and Cole's fear of heights.

In an exclusive interview with Reality TV World on Monday, Sheri and Cole talked about their The Amazing Race experience. Below is the first half. Check back with us soon for the concluding portion.

Reality TV World: I hear that you arrived at the finish line about 30 minutes behind Dana and Matt. Is that accurate? 

Cole LaBrant: Yeah, I think, pretty much around there.

Sheri LaBrant: I would say maybe some [time] close to there, but I was thinking it was a little closer. The reason why I'm going to say less is because when we drove to do the barrels, we actually drove past the finish line, and I saw people clapping.

So, I think what happened is, we saw Dana and Matt running through and the people were clapping, because then Tyler and Korey said they actually saw them on the mat. We didn't see them on the mat, but I saw everyone clapping, and I can guarantee you it didn't take Cole 30 minutes to do that puzzle.

Reality TV World: Yeah, I was going to ask if you had an idea how long, Cole, it took you to do the final Roadblock. You seemed prepared that hashtags would be involved, so I'm wondering if you finished the puzzle in one try or not.

Cole LaBrant: Yeah, I mean, I was prepared. I didn't get it absolutely on the first try. I had all of the hashtags of the countries correct and stuff, but I just didn't know how to spell some things correctly. (Laughs) So I'd have everything in place, and then from there, find out the misspelled words and fix them. So I got it right on the first try except for the spellings.

Sheri LaBrant: And he did do it very quickly.

Reality TV World: It seemed like no one really viewed Dana and Matt as a big threat all season long, mainly because of their bickering and the fact two male-male teams kept finishing the legs in first place. So were you surprised Dana and Matt ended up winning the Race?

Cole LaBrant: I mean, I wasn't surprised. They won the first leg and they're huge fans of the show. And really throughout the entire show, they weren't close to elimination. I know towards the last few legs they may have been more towards the bottom, but there were only five or six teams, so that's still not bad.

They were a strong team, really, all the way through. And yeah, they were a team who bickered a little bit, but all in all, they were a really strong team. And I knew it could've been anyone's game. I didn't expect anyone would win, and after Matt got the jump off [the skyscraper] on the first try, there was really nowhere left in the leg to catch up. So, they really had won the Race after the very first challenge.

Reality TV World: You two were viewed as the underdogs this season, mainly because you luckily survived two non-elimination legs. Were you worried about teams not taking you seriously or, if you were to win, not finding you deserving? If so, did that affect your confidence at all?   

Sheri LaBrant: First, let me correct that. (Laughs) We didn't get two non-elimination legs. We got one "keep on racing."

Reality TV World: Okay, okay, I'll give you that. (Laughs)

Sheri LaBrant: I just want to put that out there.

Cole LaBrant: It's pretty much the same thing though, mom.

Sheri LaBrant: But it's not the same thing! It's not the same thing.

Cole LaBrant: It is. We finished last twice and should've been eliminated twice.

Sheri LaBrant: Yeah, well, we got lucky twice, but it was a "keep on racing" and a non-elimination.

Cole LaBrant: (Laughs)

Sheri LaBrant: But I'm actually perfectly fine that everyone thought we were the underdogs and underestimated us, because I think us staying under-the-radar kind of kept us in the game.

Reality TV World: On that note, since you were mostly in the back of the pack throughout the Race, did it sort of light a fire inside of you and add a lot of pressure, or was it a more disheartening situation in which you approached each leg thinking, "We'll just have fun and do our best, and hopefully we can make it to the next leg."

Sheri LaBrant: I think that was probably our strategy (laughs) through the whole thing. It was just to do our best and really have fun doing it and make it to the next leg. There were a few times that we knew that we were last, and so, in Chamonix, I told Cole, "I think scaling the side of the mountain is going to be faster," because I wasn't ready for us to be out.

So I said, "I think it will be faster," and then, on top of that, since we are last, if we are going to go out, let's go out doing something really fun, which is scaling the side of a mountain and not necessarily building a tent.

And we kind of did the same thing with racing the camels, you know? We knew we were last in Dubai, well, we just thought racing camels would be so much more fun than pulling a camel through a dessert.

Cole LaBrant: There was really no point throughout the entire race where we, or at least I, thought that we could win until the finale. Even in the finale, I still knew it was anybody's leg and anything could happen, but I mean, because of our leg history, it was pretty much like second to last, second to last, second to last, last, then a continuation, second to last, second to last, non-elimination.

So, like my mom said, really, our strategy was stay it in and make it to the next leg. Obviously we tried to win. It's not like we wanted to get second to last, but it was also just all in all, we were a physically weaker team. We just had fun, tried to stay positive and confident, and then other than that, anything else was just going to happen as it happened. So, we just gave it our all and got second!
Read more at

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-the-amazing-race-runner-up-team-sheri-labrant-and-cole-labrant-talk-%28part-1%29-19808.php
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2016, 06:46:15 PM »

Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race' runner-up team Sheri LaBrant and Cole LaBrant talk (Part 2)

By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 05/18/2016

The Amazing Race's "Mother and Son" team Sheri LaBrant and Cole LaBrant finished the final leg of Season 28 in second place during Friday night's finale on CBS.

Sheri and Cole lost the $1 million to winners Dana Borriello and Matt Steffanina, however, they defeated third-place finishers Tyler Oakley and Korey Kuhl, who had been known as the ones to beat.

Sheri and Cole overcame the odds by making it as far as they did in the race around the world -- including two last-place finishes, a clear physical disadvantage and Cole's fear of heights.

In an exclusive interview with Reality TV World on Monday, Sheri and Cole talked about their The Amazing Race experience. Below is the concluding portion.

Reality TV World: Cole, you are deathly afraid of heights but still managed to do things like cliff jumping and scaling the rock in the final leg on the Race. How did you manage to complete those tasks? How did you get over your fear in those moments?

Cole LaBrant: The cliff-jumping one, I knew that we had a lead, really from that point on, on two teams. And I think it was down to the Final 5 teams. It was kind of one of those things that you just got to do it, and I love water, so luckily it was kind of a win and lose on that one. I was jumping into water -- I wasn't just jumping out of an airplane into the air.

So, it was scary, but I needed to do it. And then on the finale, well in every leg, I just cleared my brain as far as freaking out about whether there could be a potential height challenge in that leg. I just went with the flow of it. But going into the finale, I knew there would be height challenges because it's the finale and there always is.

So, I kind of prepared myself on the flight over there knowing there would be something, most likely, that would be a Detour we both had to do. And so I was sort of expecting it and was just ready for it. You got to do what you got to do!

Reality TV World: Sheri, you accomplished so much this season from outracing a camel on a bicycle to jumping off a skyscraper. Did you ever anticipate before going on the Race you'd be able to do all of that? Did you surprise yourself?

Sheri LaBrant: I think what surprised me is that I cried so much! (Laughs) I really went into it thinking, like, "Okay, I'm going to do all of this cool, crazy stuff." And then I saw all of our competition, and I was like, "Oh wow, they look really, really tough and crazy smart."

So then I kind of doubted myself that way, but I didn't think, like, when racing the camels, that we couldn't beat the camels. And then jumping off the building was definitely the scariest thing I've probably ever done in my whole life.

And so, I mean, I'm not surprised that I did it; I'm surprised that I cried so much. (Laughs) I guess total fear just gripped me. But it was kind of like Cole said, "You have to do it." I mean, what else am I going to do? I'm not going to stand up there forever. You got to do it!

Reality TV World: What would you say was the highlight of the whole The Amazing Race experience for the both of you? 

Cole LaBrant: Hmm, one highlight of the entire thing?! Oh, I would say probably the most memorable moment, probably for us both, was the China leg whenever we just had fun with it. We were in the Top 4 before the finale, so it was really the best of the best.

We're obviously the team expected to get out, but we ended up surviving the leg and although we were behind, we stayed confident. We chose the fun Detour as usual, and when we rounded the corner and saw that we got third place going into the finale, I think that was probably the most memorable single moment on the Race for me.

Reality TV World: Would you guys be interested in competing in an all-stars edition? And if so, how might you better prepare for that next time? Is there something you learned from the experience that you wouldn't repeat or maybe something you'd absolutely do?

Cole LaBrant: We would absolutely do an all-stars season. We already talked about it. I think for both of us, we'd pack less. I would carry the heavier bag and I don't know if there's really any other stuff we would do. My mom is more of the strategic one. I just kind of do the bulk work, so she might look into it more. But other than that, pack less! Prepare for starvation and sleep deprivation. (Laughs)

Sheri LaBrant: (Laughs) Yeah, I would probably, like he said, pack less. We've already talked about how if they ask us back, we'd definitely do it. We would pack so much less, like everything would be in his backpack. And then mine would probably be a little kid backpack with just medicine or something, you know?! (Laughs)

And then I would run! I would probably run with a backpack on. It's just amazing how much running you do, and so, they don't really show that in the Race. I feel like maybe if I was a little bit faster, we could have probably placed higher in the legs.

But, you know, when you're running a couple of miles with a backpack -- or he's having to carry my backpack -- I'm racing against men who are in their 20s and 30s, you know? It'll be tough to beat them, but if I could maybe cut off some time, I think that would really help.

Reality TV World: Did you feel you had allies this season? It seemed most of the teams were friends with one another, but did you feel there was a particular team you helped or who helped you?

Cole LaBrant: Mmm, not really. I mean, I know some of the other teams kind of aligned early on, but for the most part, we were just friends with everyone. I feel like they were pretty friendly with us.

And if I had to choose one specific team, I'd probably say [Scott Fowler and Blair Fowler] just because they're very similar to us as far as we're "Mother and Son" and they are "Father and Daughter." So, I know they were in it just for fun and good reasons. So I think we were both equally willing to help each other anywhere through it. But all in all, they weren't like big allies.

Reality TV World: How were you cast on The Amazing Race? Did you actually apply or, Cole, did producers reach out to you? And then how did Sheri come into the picture? 

Cole LaBrant: They reached out to my brother and I, back in last July, and told us they were doing a special social media season. And they asked if we'd be interested in auditioning as a brother combo. So, we did that, but then they realized they didn't want to send a 19 and 17-year-old around the world on their behalf.

So then I auditioned with my older brother, my dad and my mom. And they just liked the mother/son dynamic and went with that! And then we had to go through the in-person auditions and all that kind of stuff, where they have a lot of teams, but yeah, I guess they liked us enough to put us on!

Sheri LaBrant: I sensed that they must've picked up on how I would cry a lot and they were like, "This will make great TV!"

Read more at http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-the-amazing-race-runner-up-team-sheri-labrant-and-cole-labrant-talk-%28part-2%29-19821.php#QOepu2mj5prVT0FE.99
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2016, 02:08:42 PM »
You Won't Believe These Fun Facts About The New Amazing Race Cast
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/photos/1005631/you-won-t-believe-these-fun-facts-about-the-new-amazing-race-cast/101479/what-s-something-cole-would-prefer-his-mother-sheri-didn-t-do-/

What's something Cole would prefer his mother, Sheri, didn't do?

That'd be utter curse words, something that might be hard for Sheri—and possibly Cole himself—to avoid while racing the world against 10 other teams.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2016, 03:45:31 PM »

:funny:  For those wondering about Sheri's toenail, here's the latest tweet:   :groan:

https://twitter.com/SheriLaBrant/status/795431669796839428

Celebration is in order.... After year,  my toenail finally grew back from losing it on the #AmazingRace !!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2017, 08:37:13 PM »
Cole is engaged! Congrats to the happy couple!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bGVKn3OBUEY" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bGVKn3OBUEY</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2017, 09:55:21 AM »
Congrats!! :)

But that clickbait title tho..... :lol: