Author Topic: TAR 28:Erin White Robinson & Joslyn Davis – YouTube Hosts/Best Friends  (Read 21904 times)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Re: TAR 28:Erin White Robinson & Joslyn Davis – YouTube Hosts/Best Friends
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2016, 09:58:14 AM »
This was one of the best moments of the premiere tbh :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2016, 10:01:16 AM »
I am deathly afraid of three things in life: tight spaces, bellybuttons and fish.

I don't remember seeing any belly button scene from Leg 2, but it seems like the race has triggered all 3 of these fears.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2016, 10:15:09 AM »
I am deathly afraid of three things in life: tight spaces, bellybuttons and fish.

I don't remember seeing any belly button scene from Leg 2, but it seems like the race has triggered all 3 of these fears.
Well, they were wearing bikinis, remember? :lol:

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2016, 05:09:09 PM »
I think Joslyn is fierce while Erin is funny.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2016, 03:38:22 AM »

Well, they were wearing bikinis, remember? :lol:

I meant the scene of Erin freaking out. :lol: Was it even shown? ???

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2016, 01:01:52 PM »
Amazing Race Insider: Erin and Joslyn Talk of Small Spaces and Big Stinks               
by Joslyn Davis and Erin Robinson                      
February 26 2016, 6:00 PM PST            

The Amazing Race team of Erin Robinson and Joslyn Davis — hosts of the Clevver entertainment news hub — share with TVLine weekly behind-the-scenes secrets.

http://tvline.com/2016/02/26/amazing-race-season-28-episode-3-recap-joslyn-davis-erin-robinson/

THE AMAZING RACECLOSE ENCOUNTERS | Here we go again with the caves! Except this time, the claustrophobia meltdown is on a whole new level. I’ve watched countless seasons of The Amazing Race, but I didn’t fully appreciate the producers’ love for caves until I found myself racing through them during our season. The meltdown began after Joslyn and I sprinted up the side of a giant castle on a hill and right into the dark catacomb cave. Our hearts were racing. We were drenched in sweat. And we could barely catch our breath in the fresh air, much less inside of a moldy, stuffy catacomb. Suddenly, just as my heart was about to jump out of my chest, the floor took a sharp slope downward, declining seemingly into the very depths of hell, and the walls around me rapidly began to shrink smaller and smaller. As the kids say these days, “All chill was lost” and that cave “R.I.P.’d me”! With the adrenaline pumping through my veins and claustrophobia sinking in, I just remember feeling like I was inching closer and closer to death with every step I took. I know it sounds ridiculous, but to someone who hasn’t experienced a personal terror like this, there’s no way you could understand how it feels to come up against such a fear and also have to keep racing despite it all.

THE AMAZING RACELIVING THAT BUS DRAMA DREAM LIFE | I was born and raised — and learned to drive — right outside of L.A. I literally spend four hours a day stuck in my car fighting that L.A. traffic grind, but honestly, who knew Cartagena’s traffic would be so out of control? Definitely not me. After deciding to do the Bus Detour, Erin and I and our bus driver headed out into the suburbs of Cartagena — dancing and yelling out to people to hop on our bus, collecting money really quickly, and generally having way too sweaty much fun. That is, until we realized we’d driven about 30 minutes out from the city center and would need to fight crazy traffic to get back to the bus stop. Thankfully, we were very carefully keeping track of how much money we were taking in throughout the detour because our nightmare scenario would have been having to go back out on the bus to try and collect more. Addition, subtraction, division… basically anything related to numbers is not my thing, but Erin and I ended up collecting more than enough money. Thank God. That said, we still lost so much time on this detour and our anxiety levels catapulted to an all-time high. But I’m still so glad we did it because we met so many awesome people and definitely got to see a completely different part of the city.

THE AMAZING RACEBUTT SWEAT AND TEARS | I woke up in Cartagena with dozens of zits all over my face. Maybe it was because I washed it with generic hotel soap? Or maybe it was because I literally hadn’t had the energy to take off my eye makeup for three days? (True story.) Well, I come to find out that they were not zits at all — they were mini heat rash soldiers fighting a civil war on my face! As much as I pretended to care at first, I didn’t really. I actually felt proud to sport my Amazing Race face rash with honor. However, that wasn’t the last time the humid heat reared its ugly head. During our Bus Detour, Joslyn and I were trying to make our bus passengers comfortable. After all, we were trying to raise enough money to get through that (very slow) challenge as quickly as possible. I kept finding wet spots on the bus seats, and before I would seat a passenger I would wipe off the moisture with my hands and arms. I kept thinking, “Maybe they just washed the bus before we jumped on?” Or, “Perhaps people keep spilling their water bottles?” I found out later that all the “water” I wiped off during the two-hour journey was actually the butt sweat of other passengers! I WAS COVERED IN SOMEONE’S BUTT SWEAT ALL DAY!

THE AMAZING RACEDEODO-RANT! | Cartagena is a Caribbean City, which means it’s a beach town with beautiful people, amazing food/culture and gorgeous beaches. But it also means it is next-level hot, humid, sweaty and sticky. Thank goodness people watching Amazing Race don’t have Smell-o-Vision, because there is no level of antiperspirant that could have saved us during this leg. We were straight-up disgusting. And, I kind of loved it — sweat equals street cred in my book. I don’t think I’ve ever sweat as much as we did in Cartagena. I looked like a swarthy NFL player (OK, slight exaggeration but whatever). Being in the back of some of those cabs was like being on a flying slip-n-slide, with our backpacks so drenched they were more or less stuck to our skin. It was also crazy to see how much the weather affects how teams race – running uphill at a full-blown sprint gets a lot harder in insane heat and humidity.

THE AMAZING RACEMOCHILA MANIA | This felt like one of the longest days we had on the Race so far, but I had no idea that it was just the beginning until I hesitantly decided to volunteer for the Road Block. This day was very physically demanding for us. While we were on the race, Joslyn and I played a dehydration game with our bodies. Generally, we would stop drinking water two hours before our start time so that we wouldn’t have to stop for bathroom breaks. This particular leg in Colombia was grueling because by the time we got to our Road Block, I hadn’t had water for probably six or seven hours, and my Road Block had me sprinting approximately nine miles in a very short amount of time. Another big challenge I faced was that I needed to get directions from locals who only spoke Spanish. This definitely should have been Joslyn’s Road Block, since she speaks Spanish fluently! Hindsight is definitely 20/20 on the Race. Thankfully, I found an English-speaking tourist who gave me her map, but after about Mile 5, that thing started disintegrating in my hand from my sweat. Also, coming into the Race I injured my hip while training, so I began to feel Amy DeJong’s pain from Season 25 as I tried to sprint on a hip that felt like it was going to snap right off.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2016, 08:56:04 PM »
Whoa! :o An injury!

They may be weak, but I still find them interesting. :luvya:
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 12:31:37 AM by Platrium »

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
They are growing on me more and more with each episode. :lol:

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
They are growing on me more and more with each episode. :lol:
x
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Really bummed to see them go, I really hated them pre-season but they were just so upbeat and positive all-throughout :(

One of the only true all-stars of the season, hoping they get a second shot! <3

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
One of the only true all-stars of the season, hoping they get a second shot! <3

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
The Amazing Race Show N' Tell: Joslyn & Erin

Best friends and YouTube hosts Joslyn Davis and Erin Robinson relive memories from The Amazing Race Season 28 by adding their own special commentary to clips from the show. Watch The Amazing Race on Fridays at 8/7c.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ktykTnB1lYg" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ktykTnB1lYg</a>

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
FROM CBS.COM:
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/photos/1006023/erin-and-joslyn-reflect-on-their-adventures-during-the-amazing-race/

Erin and Joslyn were the fourth team eliminated on Season 28 of The Amazing Race.

After traveling the world together, best friends and YouTube personalities Erin and Joslyn came up short during the latest episode of The Amazing Race, which meant host Phil Keoghan had to give them the disappointing news that their adventure was over.

While the Clevver hosts didn't proceed to the next leg of the journey, they each walked away from the mat grateful for all the experience had given them.

Read what Erin and Joslyn had to say following their exciting experience on The Amazing Race and their advice for viewers who have the travel bug in them, too.

1. Do you think if you hadn't spent so much time searching for "lunch," you would've avoided elimination?
Erin:
"The edit made it seem like we spent a lot of time looking for lunch, but, in actuality, it was only a couple of minutes. Honestly, the thing that affected our elimination most was my position the mountain. By the time Ashley, Sheri, and I were all lined up, the wind had significantly changed direction.
My position was not getting the right kind of wind gusts that we needed. In fact, we waited there for about 30 minutes with no wind until my pilot decided to move us down the mountain to Ashley's position and that's when we finally took off."
Joslyn: "The way our lunch search played out still has me cracking up for a few reasons. Yes, we were slightly confused about it, but it was not nearly that epic! Granted, we did search for about five minutes for the lunch, but a handful of other teams still were on the mountain also seemed confused by this.

2. Erin, how did you manage to get through your fears—like claustrophobia and fish—this season?
Erin:
"Honestly, it was having a partner who wouldn't let me dwell on them. Joslyn is such a 'mind over matter' kind of woman and it certainly helped to have her talk me through some of that. Also, I knew that so many of our fans would be watching and would be looking to see how I handle adversity.
We all have challenges we face in life, but I wanted to show them that if you make the decision to accomplish something despite your fear, you really can overcome it."
Moreover, let's get serious—a baguette does not constitute lunch! That is not a balanced meal. So, I partially think this was meant to add some comedy and confusion to our day."

3. What was your best memory from the Race?
Erin:
"There are two! Being a producer, I've always looked up to the [production] team that put The Amazing Race together. Seeing how the show's creators, Bertram [van Munster] and Elise [Doganieri], are so involved with making this show #amazing is one of the most inspirational experiences I had on the Race.
Especially Elise, who is such an example of female empowerment! They were so involved and there with us during every leg. They're the ultimate power couple. Then, of course, you have the leg in Chamonix, France, where we literally were traversing snow covered mountains. It doesn't get more exciting than that!"
Joslyn: "One of my favorite memories from the Race was when we were all on the mat together in Chamonix. We had all had the craziest, most stressful yet fun day, and it was such a treat to be on the mat with all the other teams, which we later learned has only happened one other time in The Amazing Race history—and that was during an all-star season.
What you didn't really see was that we all enjoyed a five-minute long dance party together as a group on the mat with some musical stylings from the local musicians at the Pit Stop. It was ridiculous and we were all delirious, but it was so fun."

4. What lessons did you learn from your experience?
Erin:
"I learned that I pack way too much stuff. I love to be prepared for anything while traveling, but if we were to do the Race again, we would literally pack 25-percent of what we brought this time. Running with 25 pounds strapped to your back is not conducive to winning a race."
Joslyn: "I learned so many lessons, both practical travel lessons and bigger-picture life lessons. I've basically perfected the ability to book an airline ticket and get the best seat possible, while also becoming best friends with the ticket agent. (They are always the best!)
More importantly, though, this experience just reinstated my belief in the idea that life is short and if there are adventures you want to have, people you want to meet, and things you want to do—even scary things—you just have to make them happen. And you really have to harness every awesome opportunity that comes your way."

5. What was your favorite challenge and favorite place you visited this season?
Erin:
"Chamonix, France. I've only been outside of the U.S. one time in my life and Chamonix is one of those places I've always heard about but only dreamt about going to. We were literally transported into the most unreal Christmas card I've ever seen.
The last time I went skiing, I took out an entire school of children who were on a field trip. But it was worth the risk of possibly injuring myself (or others) in some crazy snow challenge to be there and see that place in person."
Joslyn: "Without a doubt, Chamonix was my favorite leg of the Race overall. Beyond the incredible adrenaline challenges we got to take on, the scenery was absolutely crazy-amazing and since it was early in the ski season, our Race cast and crew were pretty much the only people in the whole town.
I fully expected Santa and Mrs. Claus to pop out at any given moment. It was that breathtaking and surreal. Beyond that, the Mariachi Detour in Mexico City and the Mud Volcano Roadblock were incredible, sort of outer-body experiences and definitely things you could only experience on The Amazing Race."

6. Would you ever be on The Amazing RAce again, if given the opportunity?
Erin:
"Yes, yes, and yes."
Joslyn: "Yes, yes, yes! May I leave now? My bag is packed. Seriously, I'm not kidding."
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Them being close with production :lol: <3

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-the-amazing-race-erin-white-robinson-and-joslyn-davis-talk-(part-1)-19447.php

Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race's Erin White Robinson and Joslyn Davis talk (Part 1)

The Amazing Race eliminated "Best Friends" Erin White Robinson and Joslyn Davis during Friday night's broadcast of the CBS reality competition's 28th season.

The YouTube hosts became the fourth team eliminated from the around-the-world competition after they arrived at the Race's fifth Pit Stop at the Dr. Paccard Statue in Chamonix, France, in last place.

Erin and Joslyn seemed to come across a little bit of bad luck while attempting to complete the paragliding Roadblock task.

In an exclusive interview with Reality TV World on Monday, Erin and Joslyn talked about their The Amazing Race experience. Below is the first half. Check back with us soon for the concluding portion.

Reality TV World: We didn't see about half of the teams' departure times at the start of this leg. What was your position taking off? You left in sixth place right?

Joslyn Davis: Yes, we did. We left in sixth place and sometimes we're so just right on top of each other -- I'm imagining that's probably why they didn't show it -- because we all arrived at the mat literally 20 seconds behind each other. So, Erin, wasn't it, I think, 45 seconds that we left behind the team in front of us?

Erin White Robinson: Yeah, it was something close to that.

Joslyn Davis: Mhmm.

Reality TV World: It seemed like a time you really struggled in the leg was when you were looking for the lunches to bring with you at the Detour before you realized the baguettes you had in your bags the whole time were what you needed. How long did you waste searching?

Erin White Robinson:
Actually, we wasted a lot of time because we made a couple of errors when we were about to board the gondola. We forgot our tour guide. I know it showed that [Sheri LaBrant] forgot her tour guide, well, we forgot our tour guide as well. S[ o ], we lost some time towards the front end of that challenge, but we really only spent a couple of minutes looking for lunch.

It looked like, you know, they played it up like it was a really big deal, and that we wasted a lot of time, but in actuality, we only spent a couple of minutes. So, the lunch really didn't play very much into what happened during this leg at all.

Reality TV World: After watching Friday night's episode, are you glad you did the "Dynamite" Detour or do you think you would've fared better with "Campsite?"

Joslyn Davis:
Oh my goodness! I am so glad that we did not do that "Campsite" Detour. What wasn't shown in the episode -- which will maybe be released in a later clip -- is that [Burnie Burns and Ashley Jenkins], they build and pop tents in their backyard all the time for their boys, so they felt really confident about it.

But what you didn't see was that it wasn't really snow; It was more like hard compact ice, and we were at such a high altitude, that the physicality of doing that would've been really challenging. And they lost a ton of time.

Plus, the "Dynamite" Detour was just so much cooler and more fun! It had more adrenaline. I mean, when else are you going to get to have an experience like that in your life?! It was awesome; I loved it.

Reality TV World: Erin, the show featured you finally paragliding on your third attempt. Was that accurate? And was the issue at first that you weren't running quickly enough or the winds weren't strong enough when it was your turn to go?

Erin White Robinson: Yeah, I fell twice, and then on the third attempt, I took off. In actuality, our position on that mountain -- as you can see in that one shot -- I'm kind of at one end and Ashley is at the other end. We just really couldn't get a strong wind. One of the times it was due to me falling. The second time was due to no wind. We couldn't pick up enough wind.

So what ended up happening, interestingly enough, is after the second time I fell, I was so frustrated with my pilot, I was like, "We have to do something. I have to get off this mountain." And he moved me down to Ashley's position, and that's when I was able to take off, when I moved down to her position on the mountain.

Reality TV World: That's kind of unfortunate. (Laughs)

Erin White Robinson:
It really was! And the other thing too that people didn't see is, I was asking my tour guide if I could carve out a path in the snow. Because the snow was so thick and the terrain underneath was really kind of -- like, the mountain is not a smooth surface.

So he was telling me that I couldn't carve out a path in the snow to run. And Ashley got her guide to let her go down several feet to try to carve out the path for her. So, it really depended on positioning, on wind, on if you could clear a path or not, and of course leg strength and stuff like that too, but as you could see, smaller people took off pretty easily.

Big people took off pretty easily. So, most of it just had to do with the elements and where you were and what you were given as far as the landscape of the mountain.

Reality TV World: I was a little confused because, Erin, it looked like you got to the Roadblock task before Sheri and Ashley, but Sheri got to try paragliding before your first stab at it. What exactly happened there?

Erin White Robinson:
That was because her guide felt the wind coming and decided they were going to go for it! And my guide was kind of a conservative pilot. He didn't want to be aggressive and take off in any wind.

There was a clip of me going, "Why is she taking off?" And he said, "Look, she had back wind," which is why she ended up falling. So he was very knowledgeable but very conservative, which I think is one of the reasons that hurt us.

Reality TV World: Do you think it's a little unfair they didn't make you attempt to take off for the first time in the order of when you arrived at the Roadblock spot?

Erin White Robinson:
Yeah. And I said that as I was climbing back up the mountain. It was after the first time I fell. I said, "Why is she going? This isn't fair!" But I think that's what the show wanted, you know?

Because honestly, the rest of this leg was pretty linear. There wasn't a lot of opportunity for teams to get in front of each other. And I think this challenge was the challenge that would keep audiences on the edge of their seat wondering what was going to happen.

So, I think for the drama of the show, I think it worked out really well. If I was a producer on The Amazing Race, I would be very happy with not doing it in order because it makes people question and wonder what's going to happen next.

As a Racer, it's not fair and it's very frustrating, but I was just like, "You know what? If I'm supposed to get off this mountain, if there's a purpose, then I will." And I just had to, like, leave it up to God to figure it out as much as I could to figure out the details.

Reality TV World: Joslyn, what was going through your mind when you saw Sheri and then Ashley land? Were you concerned about Erin's well-being at that point, or more so just frustration and maybe disappointment?

Oh my gosh, no! It was so interesting because since I was waiting at the bottom of the mountain with so many other teams -- pretty much all the teams, at least 50 percent of them were there at the same time -- I was able to ask the teams that were ahead of me, like [Zach King] as well as [Scott Fowler], you know, "What's going on?! How is this working?"

And they were telling me that the teams were coming in in different orders than they had arrived and they were just guessing that it was because they were taking off in a different order and having trouble.

So as people started to land and I was standing there, I sort of had an idea that if the wind wasn't blowing in your favor, you were not going to be able to take off. That said, we were, I think, in front of three teams when we got to the mountain.

So as people started landing -- who had gotten there way after us -- as they were coming down, I started getting really concerned. And when the final team came down, I think it was Burnie and Ashley who came down, and I knew that Erin was the only person up there, I actually got really worried.

It ended up being probably like 30 minutes before she could take off, so all of production had left. It was literally just me and one camera operator, that's it, standing at the bottom of the mountain. I had someone Walkie-Talkie up to the top just to find out, like, if she was hurt, if something had happened.

And they were able to confirm that it was literally just the wind. There was no wind blowing, and so, they weren't going to be able to take off until it picked up. So, I mean, I was just glad that she was okay. I could imagine how frustrating it must have been.

But when the elements are in your favor, there's absolutely nothing you can do to change that. And I also knew that some of them were athletic teams, like [Kurt Gibson and Brodie Smith]. You know, Brodie even had a lot of trouble getting off the mountain.

So, if he's having trouble physically, then I imagine a lot of people would. At the end of the day though, I think there's nothing we could have done differently. I'm just so proud of the way we ran the Race.

Check back with Reality TV World soon for the concluding portion of Erin and Joslyn's exclusive The Amazing Race interview.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 12:38:20 AM by Platrium »

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-the-amazing-race-erin-white-robinson-and-joslyn-davis-talk-(part-2)-19552.php

Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race's Erin White Robinson and Joslyn Davis talk (Part 2)

The Amazing Race eliminated "Best Friends" Erin White Robinson and Joslyn Davis during the most recent broadcast of the CBS reality competition's 28th season.

The YouTube hosts became the fourth team eliminated from the around-the-world competition after they arrived at the Race's fifth Pit Stop at the Dr. Paccard Statue in Chamonix, France, in last place.

Erin and Joslyn seemed to come across a little bit of bad luck while attempting to complete the paragliding Roadblock task.

In a recent exclusive interview with Reality TV World, Erin and Joslyn talked about their The Amazing Race experience. Below is the concluding portion. Click here to read the first half.

Reality TV World: What was your favorite leg?

Joslyn Davis: I'm so glad we got to do the Chamonix leg, because in my opinion and a lot of people's opinions, I think it's one of the coolest legs you'll see this season.

Reality TV World: Did you girls find yourselves forming an alliance with any of the teams? Also, who did you view as the most threatening team, probably the one you'd most likely U-Turn down the road if given the chance?

Joslyn Davis: I wouldn't say we formed any formal alliances with anyone on the Race. I have known Blair Fowler for about five years now, so I already had a pre-existing friendship with her, so that kind of does play into it. We spent a lot of time with them as well based on where we were in the pack.

We spent a lot of time with [Cole LaBrant and Sheri LaBrant], again, just because of where we were racing. We worked a lot with [Zach King and Rachel King]. But as far as formalizing any alliances, we never did that. We just wanted to be friendly with everyone and help other teams as much as possible so hopefully they would do the same for us -- which was the case, honestly, a lot throughout the Race.

With that said, it is a race and we were prepared to U-Turn a team if we were in that second-to-last position and it meant us staying in the Race. But as far as a team that we found most intimidating, I don't know! I think it would probably be a team that had skills that we didn't, maybe a team like [Kurt Gibson and Brodie Smith]. I don't know. Erin, what would you say?

Erin White Robinson: [Tyler Oakley and Korey Kuhl] were incredibly strong also.

Joslyn Davis: Yeah, Tyler and Korey were probably a team that we would've wanted to U-Turn because they are so strong. They're really fast runners! Like, they can outrun every single person in this cast. They trained to run, so that was definitely a threat, and it was always going to be an asset for them throughout the Race.

So personally, I thought they were our biggest threat and I think they were a threat for a lot of other teams too. I think you're going to see some of that, too, play out later in the season.

Reality TV World: What expectations did you two set for yourselves going into the Race? Were you thinking, "Okay, we'll take this one leg at a time?" Maybe in that case you're glad about making it as far as you did. Or were you confident to the point you thought, "We can win this!" In that case, your elimination would've been a huge disappointment to you.

Erin White Robinson: I will say that what we saw in other seasons -- Joslyn and I are both fans of the show -- and what we've seen consistently are teams that kind of stay in the middle of the pack and who aren't deemed as a threat by other teams seem to last longer and can really win it.

So, our goal going in was to never really show how competitive we were. We wanted to have the best time possible, of course, because this is a once-in-a-lifetime experience and we wanted to have the best time that we could.

But we wanted other teams to see us having a lot of fun so that they would maybe think we're not taking it so seriously -- even though, in private, we were definitely competitively strategizing. So our strategy was to stay in the middle of the pack, never let anyone think that we were a threat, and just get through each leg of the Race and take it one leg at a time.

It's great to win a leg, it's great to win a trip by Travelocity, I mean, that would all be really awesome. But for us, we didn't want to be up too close, because we just didn't want anybody to know that we were a competitor.

Reality TV World: Did you feel underestimated then, especially since you were an all-female team?

Joslyn Davis: I don't think we felt underestimated. I think we're the type of people who try not to let other people's opinions of us sway us one way or another. So, we were just really focused on running our own race and focused on doing our own personal best. Did people not take us as seriously? I'm sure they didn't. I'm sure they didn't.

Historically, again, as fans of the show, you know it hasn't been very frequently that female-female teams have won. So, that in and of itself sort of plays a role in what people think of you. And like Erin said, we weren't really playing all of our cards and putting them out there, so for all we knew, people had no clue what we were capable of.

That said, we were prepared to go all the way to the end. We wanted to win the Race. We intended to win the Race. And we were sad to go, but we knew that there was nothing we could've done to change the outcome. We want a re-do!

Reality TV World: Thinking about a couple episodes back, how did you feel about everything that unfolded with Jessica Versteeg and Brittany Oldehoff when Jessica was trying to complete the flags Roadblock task at the UN building and none of the girls would help her at the end? Jessica cried and felt so excluded.

Joslyn Davis: You know, there was so much that was not shown on TV! It was really disappointing that unfortunately everything that happened in that task was not shown -- and I don't understand why it wasn't, because it makes it seem more dramatic -- but Jessica showed up to the Roadblock when we were literally pretty much done.

We were getting ready to start turning our cards in and get them checked at the UN, and I noticed on the show when I watched it that she was yelling at us, but to be honest, in that moment when we were turning our cards in, I did not even hear her, because I would've helped her.

So as we were leaving the Roadblock, and I was the final one of the three of us to leave, I actually stopped and helped her and gave her the flag that was most challenging for me -- Costa Rica.

And I told her that was the hardest one for me to find, etc. And I guess she got confused after that about what flag it was -- I don't know if it wasn't there -- and it ended up being something that was challenging for her.

So, some people thought maybe I had done that on purpose to try to throw her off, and I know I saw that Brittany said she wasn't sure if I had done that on purpose, but I absolutely did NOT do that on purpose. It was a bummer for women to be pitted against each other on television, and for me, that was personally upsetting.

But as long as the people involved know what the truth is and what our intentions were, that's all that matters to me. So, Jessica actually talked to me after the episode aired and she was fine. I explained I wouldn't have done that to her. So that's all that matters to me!

Reality TV World: Since you were fans of The Amazing Race, did you actually apply to compete on the show or did producers contact you because of the whole social media theme?

Erin White Robinson: CBS actually approached me while we were at Comic-Con. It was kind of a really fast and furious thing, and I think they were looking for a few more maybe female teams that were influencers. So they did approach us, but we did actually have to submit an audition tape.

So we still had to go through the whole process that every single applicant goes through. We had to officially apply, we had to go through all of the interviews. So as much as we were recruited, I guess you could say, we were treated just like any other contestant would be treated.

And the reason why Joslyn and I never applied before is because it's such a, you know, longshot that you even get to be on the show. So we kind of figured that we never would be able to do it anyway, (laughs) so we just never did. So, it's just funny how life works out that way.

To read the first half of Erin and Joslyn's exclusive The Amazing Race interview with Reality TV World, click here.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 06:42:25 AM by Platrium »

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
http://tvline.com/2016/03/11/amazing-race-season-28-episode-5-recap-joslyn-erin/

Amazing Race Insider: Erin and Joslyn Detail Chamonix's Alps and Downs
By Joslyn Davis and Erin Robinson / March 11 2016, 6:00 PM PDT

The Amazing Race team of Erin Robinson and Joslyn Davis — hosts of the Clevver entertainment news hub — share with TVLine weekly behind-the-scenes secrets.

JOSLYN

BOY CRAZY IN FRANCE | By this leg in the race, we’d been running around like cray people for a while, and so the obvious fatigue, coupled with the high altitude, is what I’m going to say was to blame for my out-of-control flirtation and general boy-craziness. I don’t know what came over me (because I swear I’m generally civilized), but when Erin and I got to the top of the mountain climb detour in Chamonix, ready to give our “lunch” to the man at mountain’s peak, all I could think was, “Wow, he’s like really handsome,” and my first question was literally asking whether or not he was single. Literally, that’s all I wanted to know. I didn’t care about the detour at all, I just wanted to know what this man’s situation was. So embarrassing. Without missing a beat, he told me he was not available. So funny, so mortifying. So Erin and I moved on.

When got into our car, we proceeded to ask our driver if he was single and willing to mingle (with us). He too shut us down immediately. It was ridiculous and we totally deserved it. In hindsight, I’m realizing I looked and smelled like an aged gargoyle by this point in the leg. So, with zero hope for romance, we gave up and decided to sing an original song about “balls.” Clearly, we had zero self-respect or lady-like manners left at this point. The song was absolutely ridiculous, completely ear-melting (in a bad way) and again, I blame it all on the altitude. Because that makes sense, right?

ERIN

OUT TO “LUNCH?” | Maybe it was the freshly fallen snow on the ground that threw us off, but we were way too excited to be racing in the French Alps. Our excitement led both Joslyn and I to lose about 20 minutes because misread our clue three times before we ever got to the detour. Amateur moves. Once we picked our detour, we needed to make sure we read every detail of every single sentence. In our clue it asked us to deliver “lunch” and dynamite to a guy on the tip of the needle. Where was the freaking lunch? In our designated backpacks there were large baguettes, but this couldn’t possibly be lunch! (Joslyn and I are carnivores and this would never cut it as a meal for us.) We proceeded to scour the needle looking for marked lunch bags. It also didn’t help that Blair and Scott were doing the “lunch” detour and casually said to us in passing, “Don’t forget your lunch!” What did they mean? We finally decided that we were just going to risk it and traverse the mountain with only a baguette, and luckily for us the mountain man was really just into carbs. In case the snow was not a dead giveaway, we knew for sure that we were not in Los Angeles any more…

JOSLYN

SNOW SHOES | Most racers in our season will agree that Chamonix was easily the most beautiful place we visited, hands down. I 100-percent expected to see Santa Freakin’ Claus and his reindeer fly by at any moment. With that caveat in mind, came some craziness. For example, when Erin and I were climbing the mountain during the detour, homegirl could not keep her shoe on her foot. Sounds crazy, but it turns out that keeping your shoes on your feet whilst traversing a mounting is kind of important! And who knew having to stop and tie your shoes on the side of one of the tallest mountains in the French Alps would be such a challenge. Not only that, at one point during our climb a rock slid off the mountain and landed on my face. My adrenaline was pumping so hard I didn’t ever realize my nose had been cut and my face was bleeding. When someone later pointed it out to me, I felt like I had the most hardcore street-cred I’d ever had in my life. And thanks to a quick mid-race check up from the one-and-only Dr. Daddy himself, I knew it wasn’t broken. Yes, Dr. Daddy is that wonderful. The gem of a man really did stop to see if I’d broken my nose while our partners were paragliding.

ERIN

I CAN’T FEEL MY FACE WHEN FLIGHT PLANS FALL THROUGH | Paragliding off the side of that mountain was the hardest thing I’ve ever done. When mountains are covered in several feet of snow, it’s actually really hard to run down them while also being strapped into several contraptions with a large man attached to your back. This road block required wind, and a lot of it, in order to perfectly lift off the side of that mountain. Unfortunately, I had zero wind beneath my wings. Because of our placement on the mountain top, we were not catching any of the backwind that we needed to take off. I saw teams who arrived there after me take off right away because they caught the wind at just the perfect time. Not only was it frustrating to watch others cash in on the weather lottery, but it was even more frustrating that I ended up face-planting twice into several feet of snow before we ever caught a breeze strong enough to pick us up. Shout out to the one and only hiker out there who saw me struggling to climb up that snow-covered mountain and threw down one of his walking sticks to help me.

As difficult as it was to keep my spirits up, I never gave up. I know that so much of this experience is luck (this challenge especially), and as it sometimes happens on the race, the odds were not in our favor in Chamonix. However, the scene of a million fir trees covered in snow spread out beneath me as I flew through the sky was a divine experience I would not trade for anything, even a million dollars! In the end, I was more than grateful to God and of course Amazing Race for the opportunity to race around the world with some of the most inspiring people I’ve ever met.

JOSLYN

TINKERBELL | Never in my life have I felt like I was flying more than when I had to pull myself across that line to get our clue at the top of the mountain in Chamonix. We arrived at the mountain with Sheri and Cole, who we knew were not so excited about heights, but I was so pumped about doing this. Not gonna lie, there was a moment where I looked down at the ground and had a “come to Jesus moment,” but all in all, this was one of my favorite moments from the Race, because I felt like I was literally Tinkerbell from Peter Pan, except my Neverland had me flying across the French Alps. It was such a gorgeous, clear day, and all of the racers were on the mountain at pretty much the same time. It was a really beautiful, surreal, magical, yet totally insane and chaotic experience… which basically sums up the whole Race.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Part 2 is up! (Reply #41)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
You Won't Believe These Fun Facts About The New Amazing Race Cast
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/photos/1005631/you-won-t-believe-these-fun-facts-about-the-new-amazing-race-cast/101478/when-looking-back-at-their-accomplishments-what-are-erin-and-joslyn-most-proud-of-/

When looking back at their accomplishments, what are Erin and Joslyn most proud of?

Erin’s most proud to represent her culture as the first Lumbee Indian to ever compete on The Amazing Race, while Joslyn is gratified to receive credit for naming a Crayola crayon color when she was only 12 years old. (Her proposed shade is "Tickle Me Pink," in case you'd like to check your coloring boxes.)