Author Topic: TAR 28: Tyler Oakley & Korey Kuhl – Social Media Influencers/Best Friends  (Read 26943 times)

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 28: Tyler Oakley & Korey Kuhl – Social Media Influencers/Best Friends
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2016, 04:09:31 PM »
I can't understand the hate they've literally done nothing wrong?

I think the worst part about them is them trending #TeamTylerAndKorey instead of the SHOW when the very reason they were cast is to promote the SHOW.

Other than that they're just okay and yeah, the hate is a bit much when they haven't been despicable or annoying yet.
How is that not promoting the show? :lol: It pertains to the Race. CBS probably likes it and I'd like it more if other teams had big fanbases and could compete.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Tyler is on the Jimmy Fallon show TONIGHT at 1135PM!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Tyler on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon

Lady Gaga Knows Who Tyler Oakley Is

YouTube star Tyler Oakley's small channel to keep up with friends took him from obscurity to billboards to the Vanity Fair Oscar party.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kxoKUNrKkSs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kxoKUNrKkSs</a>

Tyler Oakley and Jimmy Face Swap on Snapchat

Tyler Oakley and Jimmy get intimate by swapping faces using a Snapchat filter.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/t-2DzOPQFwQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/t-2DzOPQFwQ</a>

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
I don't understand the hate either. I'm tired of M/M teams to win, but they are a good team! They are funny and good racers. Also, I find Korey so attractive... :$
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Why does everyone mention hate when they aren't even hated lmao

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
I actually enjoy reading their fans live tweeting on Twitter. It's nice to see a non-RFF environment so invested in the show (unlike Facebook :res: )

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Tyler and Korey did an amazing Q&A about TAR...

Did We Win A Million Dollars?! (ft. #TeamTylerAndKorey)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Iy8YZMUB1fI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Iy8YZMUB1fI</a>

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
They were the Hippies times 100 but thankfully they lost.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
I'm happy they lost. Didn't like their attitude.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
I really enjoyed having this team on the race and don't get all the hate
but I'm glad they didn't win :lol:

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
2nd time rooting for a team with Tyler in it, and unfortunately they did not win.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
http://www.cbs.com/shows/2016-finales/photos/1006483/tyler-and-korey-reflect-on-their-adventures-during-the-amazing-race/?session=d&subses=1

Tyler and Korey came in third place on Season 28 of The Amazing Race.

After making it to the Final 3 together, best friends and social media influencers Tyler and Korey ended up coming in third place, right behind Sheri and Cole and winners Dana and Matt, on the season finale of The Amazing Race.

While the pair fell short of snagging the top title they were after all along, they did walk away from the Race extremely grateful for the opportunity to travel over 27,000 miles around the world together.

Read what Tyler and Korey had to say following their incredible experience on The Amazing Race.

Plus, watch the season finale of The Amazing Race now to see how Tyler and Korey's journey came to an end.

1. What was it like racing without your smartphone or computer?

Korey: "It was amazing! It was so nice to actually log out and not feel attached to the world. I loved racing without any technology."

Tyler: "As much as the show was expecting us to feel crazy without our technology, I think all of us were really fine. Nowadays, the Race is so different from when it started. As long as you can go up to strangers and ask for help, you're able to get around just as fine as if you had your phone."

2. Did you blame the taxi driver for your final placement?

Korey: "We had two awful taxi drivers that day. After the jump, I don’t think we were going to touch Matt and Dana, but we probably could have been closer to Sheri and Cole."

3. What was it about the hashtags that made you know they would be the key in the final memory challenge?

Korey: "Just being a fan of the show, the very first hashtag we saw in clue one in Mexico City, I looked at Tyler and said these hashtags are going to be the memory challenge at the finale. Just being a fan of the show and having that knowledge, I knew what the final leg normally looks like."

4. What techniques did you use to memorize all the hashtags?

Tyler: "We had flashcards that we made and we practiced anytime we had downtime in a hotel or in an airport. Even in the helicopter in the last episode, we could recite them in order. We were ready."

5. What surprised you most about the Race?

Tyler: "I would actually say it was what I was expecting. As a fan of the show, we really prepared and did our research. I wasn’t really surprised by much."

Korey: "I think we were both really prepared, but I think maybe what surprised us the most was how well we did from the beginning. When we got second place in leg one, we both looked at each other and thought, 'We can do this and we can do it well.'"

6. If you could pick anyone else from the cast to be your partner on Race, who would it be and why?

Tyler: "I would pick Kurt. He was a superman and could do anything. He was one of the best players this season."

Korey: "I would pick Sheri because she would have as much fun as Ty and I did. Me and Sheri would do the Race having fun and being grateful for every experience."

7. If you had to race again, what would you do differently?

Tyler: "I would not do it differently. We had so much fun. We really stayed true to who we are as well."

Korey: "We were so successful the first time so I think we would try and do it very similarly, if given another chance."

Watch the season finale of The Amazing Race now to see how Tyler and Korey's journey came to an end.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-the-amazing-race-third-place-team-tyler-oakley-and-korey-kuhl-talk-about-their-experience-19810.php

(Note: No part 2 for this one.)

Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race' third-place team Tyler Oakley and Korey Kuhl talk about their experience
By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 05/17/2016

The Amazing Race's "Best Friends" team Tyler Oakley and Korey Kuhl finished the final leg of Season 28 in third place during Friday night's finale on CBS.

Tyler and Korey, who are stars on YouTube, lost the $1 million to winners Dana Borriello and Matt Steffanina. The guys also couldn't beat the team who finished in second place -- "Mother and Son" team Sheri LaBrant and Cole LaBrant.

Tyler and Korey's loss was considered a little bit of a shock since they had won so many legs this season and were clear frontrunners.

In an exclusive interview with Reality TV World on Monday, Tyler and Korey talked about their time on The Amazing Race. Below is what they had to say.

Reality TV World: How long after Sheri and Cole do you think you finally arrived at the finish line and is it safe to say you definitely knew you were in third place racing to the mat?

Korey Kuhl: Tyler might be able to tell you the timing more exact, but I think we were, like, 10-15 minutes behind Sheri and Cole. But when we pulled into the winery, the van had to drive past the lake, and we literally drove past the finish line and saw Matt and Dana standing on it.

So, yeah, we knew we were in third. But we pretty much knew we were in third from the building jump that morning, so it was no real surprise.

Reality TV World: Did it drive you crazy that Sheri and Cole finished before you considering you two won so many legs and they were the underdogs surviving non-elimination legs this season?

Tyler Oakley: Absolutely not. We went into the entire race knowing that people are cast for a reason, and just because one leg might not showcase their strengths or talents, it doesn't mean that they are not capable of winning the entire thing. So, you know, if somebody comes in tenth place one leg, I don't count them out for a second.

And so, when we were going into the finale, we knew it was anybody's race to win. And just because you had some success in a couple of legs prior, it doesn't make you the sure win of the entire season.

So, when it came to Sheri and Cole, you know, killing it in the finale, that was no surprise to me. I knew how strong and competitive they were. And watching them grow the entire season, they were just getting better and better the entire time.

Korey Kuhl: Tyler and I said all along we would love to race against two teams in the final that we loved and respected, and certainly we wanted to win, but we honestly -- I said, "If I can go into the Final 3 and we know we'd be happy with each of the other two teams winning if it didn't work out for us," well that was completely the case with both Matt and Dana and Sheri and Cole.

Reality TV World: It seemed like no one really viewed Dana and Matt as a big threat all season long. Why was that? Was it just because of their bickering? Like Tyler, you even teamed up with Dana to complete a Roadblock in one of the recent episodes.

Korey Kuhl: We definitely knew that the dancers were a threat from the beginning. I mean, I think a lot of teams had eyes on them right from the first moment all the teams got to see each other. And then they truly dominated the first leg in Mexico, and they were the first ones, pretty much, to everything and done with everything.

We were hot on their tails and that's why we kind of teamed up with them on Day 1. We thought, "They are a strong team, we're a strong team. Let's see how far we can take this together, and let's have one team that we can trust completely."

Tyler Oakley: Plus, we really did genuinely love them. We would laugh with them during our downtime, we would spend so much time with them in airports and on trains. And you know, Korey teamed up with Matt at the flag challenge in Geneva. I teamed up with Dana during the China challenge.

And I'm surprised it kind of came across like it was to get [Burnie Burns] out because it was actually to make sure that Dana and I advanced forward. It had nothing to do with any of the other teams. It was more so that her and I could make sure we were advancing. Yeah. It was based on not trying to eliminate anyone but rather further both of us.

Reality TV World: What do you think was your demise in the final leg? Was it the Roadblock task when Tyler had to jump off the skyscraper that did you in or would you attribute your third-place finish to something else?

Korey Kuhl: I mean, we had a bad day that day just with both of our cabs. The first cab dropped us off at the wrong spot. I mean, the building jump certainly didn't help. Tyler was above and beyond the shortest guy cast this season. Every guy was 6'1" or taller, and it's not like those were adjusted for height.

So, it was very easy for Matt -- who is 6'1" -- to reach out and grab that whereas Tyler and Sheri are both half his size. So Matt had that advantage.

Tyler Oakley: I'll be the first to say I was not as good of a jumper as Matt, but yeah, our day was not the best! And you can't have an off day, especially in the finale. I would say that, sure, we had some slip-ups, but when it came to picking who did that jump, it's not like it said, "Who's got the tallest vertical leap?!"

Korey Kuhl: (Laughs)

Tyler Oakley: Whenever it's a Roadblock, it's kind of a guessing game as to what it's actually going to be. And so, while a lot of strategists might have been like, "Oh, it's a no-brainer to pick Korey," you never know what it's actually going to be. And in the finale, you always know that they're going to maybe have a memory challenge.

I felt so much more comfortable with Korey doing the memory challenge, especially because that's something he's always loved in past seasons. So, I felt like, "Okay, maybe this is my chance to do this so that Korey can do the memory challenge later in the episode."

It also didn't help that it was a pretty linear leg. And once those positions were kind of in place after that first challenge. Nobody passed another team. There was no switching up of placements.

But with all that said, Matt and Dana deserved their win that day. They ran an incredible leg the same way Sheri and Cole killed it. They deserved to be in second place. Yeah, I don't want to make excuses for anything, but we just had a sh-tty day.

Reality TV World: Would you be interested in competing in an all-stars edition, and if so, how might you better prepare for next time? Is there something you learned from your experience on the show that would help or hurt you in a future race?

Korey Kuhl: I mean, I think we would both be there in a heartbeat, and if they called -- I think if you ask anybody who's ever done the Race if they would do it again, they would say that they would.

And as far as preparing for it, I think a lot of our success honestly came from being able to fly by the seat of our pants, so to speak. Some of the other teams would over-analyze every clue and they would research the heck out of every city once we found out that we were going there.

But it's like, Tyler and I said all along, you've got to be able to be flexible. You've got to be able to adjust a little bit, and I think, honestly, that was one of our biggest strengths. So, I mean, I would want to do a lot the exact same way we did it the first time.

Tyler Oakley: Yeah, when I think of "would've, could've, should've" of how you run the Race, it's impossible to think like that. I wouldn't change a single thing that we did the entire time. I would still have Korey do the dancing, I would still have me do the jumping, because it got us to where we were. And you know, we had so much fun that I literally have zero regrets about the entire experience.

Reality TV World: You are clearly best friends and we learned earlier in the season why you never dated, but I guess I just have to ask, is there a chance you guys could ever develop something more than a friendship? Maybe down the road? (Laughs)

Tyler Oakley: No.

Korey Kuhl: Oh God.

Tyler Oakley: I think we would both say 100% no. That was the first question [The Amazing Race host Phil Keoghan] asked us when we first met him in our interview. He kind of interrupted the whole process and was like, "Wait a second. So you guys have never dated?!" And we were like, "No." (Laughs). I mean, we get that question a lot, but I think for both of us, it's a resounding "no."

Reality TV World: I see. You guys just get along so well obviously.

Tyler Oakley:[sic?] Brandon is still out there for Tyler!

To read more interviews with the Final 3 teams, check Reality TV World's The Amazing Race Season 28 page.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
You Won't Believe These Fun Facts About The New Amazing Race Cast
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/photos/1005631/you-won-t-believe-these-fun-facts-about-the-new-amazing-race-cast/101476/when-it-comes-to-traveling-what-s-the-one-thing-tyler-and-korey-are-both-scared-of-/

When it comes to traveling, what’s the one thing Tyler and Korey are both scared of?

Tyler, a popular online video personalty with over 21 million followers, and Korey, Tyler's best friend and content producer, are both fearful about accidentally coming off insensitive to someone else's culture or customs while on the Race.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
so Tyler was on RuPaul's Drag Race last week
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Jai Ho

• RFF Full Member
  • you are my destiny//jai ho जय हो
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2018, 10:06:55 PM »
Sorry for bumping this thread, and sorry if this is an inappropriate question, but: was there a chance that Korey was at the airport in Detroit yesterday?

I changed planes in Detroit yesterday, and I'm pretty sure we made eye contact while walking past each other. He looked so, so familiar but I didn't realize it until I was already a hundred feet down the terminal (I had to go from gate A7 to A76). I didn't go up to him and say anything, regretfully, just like when I saw Charla and her husband taking a walk one afternoon in Baltimore, and when I saw Scot from Survivor at a Starbucks in Boston. (At least I think it was Scot, albeit much tanner and healthier-looking than on TV, and it was near where the Boston Celtics play, and the Starbucks was FULL of NBA players in team jackets, and Charla's pretty hard to mistake for anyone else.) I know that this team has some Midwest/Michigan connections, but I'm not sure.

If anyone happens to know Korey's whereabouts these days, and if he was in Detroit yesterday (which he probably was not, but there's a chance) that the bitch in the brown coat and ombre scarf that he made eye contact with is a HUGE TAR fan (apparently, not enough, since it wasn't an instant recognition.)

But it would have been cool, because we see racers in airports on TV all the time...why wouldn't they be in our actual airports?
TAR. USA/Israel.

aishwarya rai :: nicole scherzinger :: ke$ha :: leila lopes :: rosanne cash :: des'ree :: carly simon :: leymah gbowee :: mary j blige :: kathy najimy :: annie lennox :: angelique kidjo :: dolly parton :: temple grandin :: sheila e :: lena :: ellen degeneres :: shirley manson

Offline koreykuhl1

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Newbie
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2018, 11:57:32 AM »
It was me! :)

Sorry for bumping this thread, and sorry if this is an inappropriate question, but: was there a chance that Korey was at the airport in Detroit yesterday?

I changed planes in Detroit yesterday, and I'm pretty sure we made eye contact while walking past each other. He looked so, so familiar but I didn't realize it until I was already a hundred feet down the terminal (I had to go from gate A7 to A76). I didn't go up to him and say anything, regretfully, just like when I saw Charla and her husband taking a walk one afternoon in Baltimore, and when I saw Scot from Survivor at a Starbucks in Boston. (At least I think it was Scot, albeit much tanner and healthier-looking than on TV, and it was near where the Boston Celtics play, and the Starbucks was FULL of NBA players in team jackets, and Charla's pretty hard to mistake for anyone else.) I know that this team has some Midwest/Michigan connections, but I'm not sure.

If anyone happens to know Korey's whereabouts these days, and if he was in Detroit yesterday (which he probably was not, but there's a chance) that the bitch in the brown coat and ombre scarf that he made eye contact with is a HUGE TAR fan (apparently, not enough, since it wasn't an instant recognition.)

But it would have been cool, because we see racers in airports on TV all the time...why wouldn't they be in our actual airports?

Offline Jai Ho

• RFF Full Member
  • you are my destiny//jai ho जय हो
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2018, 04:48:31 PM »
OMG HI Korey!

Just sent you an awkward message, sorry again for awkwardly looking at you, awkwardly. I thought you probably wanted to be left alone, and I was only like, 75% sure it was you, otherwise I would have said hi...if we happen to pass each other in an airport in the future, and neither of us were in a hurry, would it be OK for me to stop and say hello?
TAR. USA/Israel.

aishwarya rai :: nicole scherzinger :: ke$ha :: leila lopes :: rosanne cash :: des'ree :: carly simon :: leymah gbowee :: mary j blige :: kathy najimy :: annie lennox :: angelique kidjo :: dolly parton :: temple grandin :: sheila e :: lena :: ellen degeneres :: shirley manson