Author Topic: TAR 28 MEDIA  (Read 43089 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 28 MEDIA
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2015, 06:49:57 PM »
http://www.timeanddate.com/  is your friend :kuss:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2015, 06:59:34 PM »
http://www.timeanddate.com/  is your friend :kuss:

I found an easier way last week.
Go to google and put the original time. In this case "10 30 PM EST" the google search engine will tranform that time and give you the first result with the time in your timezone. I have google chrome so that might be a requirement.

e.g. I put the time for the livestream like I said and google came up with 12:30 AM Monday in Iquique. And that's 2:30 hrs from now.

I hope it helps.

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2015, 08:17:00 PM »
i just realized I'm exactly 12 hours behind PST time so 7:30 a.m. for me  :funny:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2015, 08:27:42 PM »
Andy Denhart at realityblurred.com weighs in with his predictably negative and somewhat factually incorrect review of last night's live stream event.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2015/11/amazing-race-28-social-media-start/

Amazing Race’s social mediastart stumbles with shout-outs

by Andy Dehnart 16 NOV. 2015 | 6:36 AM

The Amazing Race 28’s “starting line live stream event” began more than an hour late, and wasn’t actually filmed at the start line.

Instead, it was a stop along the first leg, in Mexico City, where host Phil Keoghan stood next to a clue box containing instructions about their first detour—and where teams interrupted their race to do shout-outs. The start time was repeatedly changed on CBS.com, from 10:30 ET, to 11 ET, eventually to 11:45, because the teams had not yet arrived at the location.

Because teams were sighted at different airports with their backpacks, it seems possible that there wasn’t a formal start, but that teams started at the same time from different locations and flew to Mexico City. The Amazing Race sleuths at Reality Fan Forum, which track the race in real time, speculate that there was a virtual start.

In other words, for a season cast entirely with social media stars, the race might have started via social media.

As of this morning at 6:30 ET, Facebook showed that the video had just over 21,000 views—which means the millions of collective fans these social media stars have not yet watched. (Update: at 8:25 p.m. ET, it had just over 55,000 views, and that includes people who’ve watched for three seconds or more, including scrolling past it in their news feed.)

The live broadcast’s best moment came at the end. Phil Keoghan aycknowledged Friday’s terrorist attacks in Paris, France, noting that the race recently visited France, and said, “We can’t just all go and hide away when something like this happens. We’re thinking about everybody in France and we have to continue to travel, we have to continue to do all the things that come with freedom.”

The Amazing Race live in Mexico City

The 16 minutes of shaky cell phone video start with a team running up to Phil and a clue box, and as he’s telling them they’re the first team to arrive, as if this is some kind of conclusion, another team runs up to the clue box, effectively becoming the first team to get their clue.

Because the stop took place after dark at The Monument of the Revolution in Mexico City, which has a fountain in front of it, it’s challenging to see and hear. It does, however, give one appreciation for the chaotic conditions under which the production crew operates.

As other teams rush in to get their clues—the teams are all on top of each other—the live streaming camera operator follows one team as they start to read their detour clue. Right as it gets interesting, the person filming goes back to Phil, who apologizes for the delay and starts to explain.

Then it really goes downhill, as a team arriving interrupts Phil yelling, “are we live on Facebook?” Another team runs in and interrupts and starts doing shout-outs to people.

“Keep going: You’re racing,” Phil says.

So, yes, teams interrupted their race to say hi on social media. Then again, some seem thrown by Phil’s presence, which makes sense, because he doesn’t usually show up mid-leg.

“It’s always chaotic,” Phil explains, and is interrupted yet again by a team doing shout-outs. One of them says: “This is crazy but we’ve got to keep racing.”

Later, Dana, a member of the team that actually identified itself (Matt and Dana), says, “We’re so excited! We’re finally running The Amazing Race.” Again, they’re not running, they’re stopping to talk to the Internet. Phil has to tell them: “Number-one rule on the race: read your clue.”

All the teams except one are in and out within seven minutes. That leaves the rest of the live stream for Phil to interview a fan, talk about the show, and answer questions—except for the Q&As, he has to leave so that only lasts for two minutes.

Phil does have the live stream camera operator show one of the two-person The Amazing Race crews that follow the teams around. But as he stands there, looking a little bewildered and extraneous to the action, he says, “This is just really chaos. Let’s be honest.”

That he has to keep telling people “it’s race time” seems like a product of the live-streaming event, but also a terrible omen for a cast of social media stars who are hyper-conscious of their image and have earned their place on the race by playing to cameras.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2015, 09:27:40 PM »
I'm impressed, the article's negativity is based over something that he/she didn't understand.
Show content
The clue stated "Before you continue say Hello to Facebook" so they were obligated to do it, you could tell some teams didn't want to do it. I'm actually surprised that one team didn't do it. And other times teams completly skipped that part of the clue and were later reminded by what I'm assuming was production.

I put it in spoiler because I'm not sure if the Media thread is ok with what was shown in the livestream.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2015, 09:36:46 PM »
Unprofessional journalism at its worst :res:

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2015, 03:47:01 AM »
BTW, Oakley is appearing on The Late Late Show with James Corden on Wednesday (technically Thursday since it's after midnight) , considering it's a CBS talk show, expect some TAR28 promotion during it.
http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/the-late-late-show-with-james-corden/episode-120-season-1/the-late-late-show-with-james-corden/690784/

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2015, 03:25:05 PM »

IDK where to put this, but we might get some sort of after-show bonus in the future involving an exit interview.

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2015, 03:28:30 AM »
Not really media, but we'll be getting a look at 28 in tonight's finale:

Burnie Burns ‏@burnie 13h13 hours ago
Just learned that on Friday’s finale of @AmazingRace_CBS there will be a special promo for our season. Tune in CBS at 8/7c to watch!

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2015, 12:38:44 AM »
http://georgiatoday.ge/news/2147/The-Amazing-Race-Films-in-Tbilisi-for-Season-28

More info about the Georgia leg, but this seems to confirm that it was an EL.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2015, 10:10:03 AM »

If we got this covered, please delete/move it somewhere..  :cmas27

COMING NEXT YEAR:

MIKE & MOLLY is back Wednesday 1/6 at 730PM.
2 BROKE GIRLS will be on Wednesdays at 7P until Survivor begins on February 17th.
ANGEL FROM HELL begins Thursday 1/7 at 830PM.
AMAZING RACE will be back Friday 2/12/16 at 7PM for its 28th race!
SURVIVOR takes a break until Wednesday, February 17th when it will back with a 7-830PM premiere of the 32nd competition!   Wednesday 3/2/16 9-10PM will be the premiere of CRIMINAL MINDS: BEYOND BORDERS starring Gary Sinese.
THE ODD COUPLE returns Thursday 4/7 at 7:30PM.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/program-guide/

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2015, 10:10:35 AM »
7PM... what. the. hell?

Offline Pi/

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2015, 10:30:13 AM »
7PM... what. the. hell?
That's an article from Denver CBS, and TAR does air at 7 pm Mountain Time, so this shouldn't be anything unusual.
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2015, 02:36:13 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2016, 01:05:04 PM »
Phil talks about season 28 selfies might be back
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hFUPzFBKVMI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hFUPzFBKVMI</a>

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2016, 12:54:09 PM »
Before a brand new group of socially savvy racers embark on their worldwide adventures, let's take a look at what's in store for them when the newest season of The Amazing Race kicks off on Friday, Feb. 12 at 8/7c.

Currently in its 28th season, the series will be sending teams to pit stops in three new countries this time around: Cartagena, Columbia, Tbilisi, Georgia, and Yerevan, Armenia.

Plus, these social media influencers—who have over 88 million combined followers—will be traveling over 27,000 miles during their time on the show. That's 18 cities and 10 countries in just a few short weeks.

That's a lot of frequent flier miles!
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/news/1005018/which-three-new-locations-will-the-season-28-amazing-racers-explore-/
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 12:58:08 PM by Candi Lee »

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2016, 12:56:50 PM »
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 01:07:58 PM by bottle »

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2016, 12:58:42 PM »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2016, 01:14:25 PM »
Another group picture. I love this one....

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2016, 01:20:09 PM »
I might use this as my new avatar <3

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2016, 04:33:54 PM »
No videos? =/

Offline mandk

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2016, 06:07:02 AM »
I saw the meet the team videos on yahoo and youtube !
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 06:18:19 AM by mandk »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2016, 10:29:46 AM »
I saw the meet the team videos on yahoo and youtube !

Adding them to the contestant threads as I can!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2016, 11:02:53 AM »
I got the new TV Guide in the mail today. It's a double issue dating Feb 1st thru 14th. On page 42 is a full page layout of TAR season premiere. It has a picture of Tyler and Korey. Tyler is holding the roadblock clue. I'll type word for word of the article....

THE AMAZING RACE
Friday, Feb. 12 Season premiere, 8/7c, CBS

The Amazing Race is getting social. The CBS competition series kicks off its 28th season with 11 teams of two, all composed of social-media influencers who have accrued millions of followers across platforms like YouTube, Instagram and Vine.

"But take away the fact that millions of people watch them," host Phil Keoghan insists about these intrepid contestants. "They're just interesting people, period."

One high-profile duo: best friends and YouTube stars Korey Kuhl and Tyler Oakley. Oakley alone has more than 7.9 million subscribers on the video-streaming site. "Of all our racers, I thought he might be affected by being the most famous," Keoghan says. "But he is really what you see online: a curious, fun and lovable guy."

This season also features three new countries on the Race course: Colombia, Georgia and Armenia. "You don't see these places on TV very often," Keoghan says. "All shows can do casting twists to keep it fresh, but we have the ability to never go back to the same location, even after 28 seasons."
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 10:26:32 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2016, 12:54:39 PM »
I also should add that the new TV Guide will be available at stores tomorrow. I subscribe to it and always get it ahead of time. The Walking Dead is on the front cover. So if you happen to be at a store tomorrow, look up page 42 to see the TAR article.