Author Topic: TAR 28 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **SPOILERS**  (Read 151869 times)

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 28 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **SPOILERS**
« Reply #700 on: May 06, 2016, 08:29:12 PM »
(Wait so are Tyler & Korey the 3rd team at the Roadblock where they jump off the building? Wow.) I still feel like Tyler & Korey are winning this. Sheri unhappy in TWO tasks in the preview is not a good sign :( I've been convinced by their underdog/WIN edit, HOWEVER it just feels so 3rd place-y at the same time.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #701 on: May 06, 2016, 10:08:54 PM »
Worst boot order ever for this season for me, in my honest opinion. Only 1 of my favorite teams make the Final 3.

Marty & Hagan  :gaah:

Brittany & Jessica  :o

Erin & Joslyn    :groan:

Scott & Blair   :tantrum

Zach & Rachel   :gaah:

Burnie & Ashley  :groan:

Sheri & Cole  :hoot: - If this team wins, it will save the season for me.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 10:20:52 PM by TARUSAFan »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #702 on: May 06, 2016, 10:41:51 PM »
Two high-wire acts in the same finale seems kind of....uninspired. But I'll confess to some sour grapes; the final leg for the racecourse I had planned on submitting for the Design Challenge had SB as the final city.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #703 on: May 06, 2016, 10:52:42 PM »
I'd read any legs you designed!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #704 on: May 07, 2016, 12:37:33 AM »
This really sucks. Dana & Matt grew on me in the last episodes, but Tyler & Korey are winning this and i'm really pissed. I don't like their attitudes.

Burnie & Ashley/Sheri & Cole were FAR better than those two teams.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #705 on: May 07, 2016, 06:40:18 AM »
Worst boot order ever for this season for me, in my honest opinion. Only 1 of my favorite teams make the Final 3.

Marty & Hagan  :gaah:

Brittany & Jessica  :o

Erin & Joslyn    :groan:

Scott & Blair   :tantrum

Zach & Rachel   :gaah:

Burnie & Ashley  :groan:

Sheri & Cole  :hoot: - If this team wins, it will save the season for me.

These are my top teams, and I'm definitely rooting for the one that remains.
The only thing I can hope for is Tyler & Korey not winning. :escape

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #706 on: May 07, 2016, 08:11:32 AM »
Due to the lack of fast forwards, I miss seeing it being challenged.

With Kelsey & Joey and Burnie & Ashley getting so many 2nd places, there's a chance that they'd want 1st and fight for a fast forward. During TAR20, we've seen Joey & Danny being eliminated due to a challenged fast forward, but they challenged it because they got so many 2nd's and 3rd's after their near-elimination on the 1st leg.

I hope TAR brings back the fast forward next season, and I hope they don't just put in 1 fast forward for the whole season. There's enough disappointment for that from TAR27. :tantrum

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #707 on: May 07, 2016, 08:25:23 AM »
Due to the lack of fast forwards, I miss seeing it being challenged.

With Kelsey & Joey and Burnie & Ashley getting so many 2nd places, there's a chance that they'd want 1st and fight for a fast forward. During TAR20, we've seen Joey & Danny being eliminated due to a challenged fast forward, but they challenged it because they got so many 2nd's and 3rd's after their near-elimination on the 1st leg.

I hope TAR brings back the fast forward next season, and I hope they don't just put in 1 fast forward for the whole season. There's enough disappointment for that from TAR27. :tantrum
I was thinking about the FF the other day and how we haven't seen it in a long time--but really, it appeared last season! So there's hope.

Also I've noticed something:
TAR 24: All Stars
Dave & Connor win.
TAR 26: Dating Couples
Laura & Tyler win.
TAR 28: Social Media
Tyler & Korey?!? (No, I don't know who wins. This is just me bitching/moaning about how they could win, even with a [slightly?] negative edit because ^^^)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 08:29:05 AM by RaceUntilWeDie »

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #708 on: May 07, 2016, 12:04:36 PM »
I don't get the pattern between those three teams from 24, 26 and 28.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #709 on: May 07, 2016, 12:34:59 PM »
Other than the even numbered seasons after 23 being theme casts, I don't see any other pattern.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #710 on: May 07, 2016, 12:48:33 PM »
Other than the even numbered seasons after 23 being theme casts, I don't see any other pattern.
I think RaceUntilWeDie means semi-villanous edits exist from those teams. ??? Not sure though.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #711 on: May 07, 2016, 12:57:06 PM »
I think RaceUntilWeDie means semi-villanous edits exist from those teams. ??? Not sure though.
When were Tyler & Laura semi-villainous? ??? ??? ??? If anything, Jelani & Jenny were given pseudo-villainous edits.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #712 on: May 07, 2016, 03:44:27 PM »
Tyler & Laura were very bitchy towards Hayley towards the end of the race, they were negative in Germany while waiting for their fanny pack and then there was Peru with the spitting on potatoes.

The pattern could just be semi-negatively-edited teams. :tup:

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #713 on: May 07, 2016, 04:48:34 PM »
Tyler & Laura were very bitchy towards Hayley towards the end of the race, they were negative in Germany while waiting for their fanny pack and then there was Peru with the spitting on potatoes.

What's wrong with spitting on potatoes?

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #714 on: May 07, 2016, 07:19:57 PM »
Two high-wire acts in the same finale seems kind of....uninspired. But I'll confess to some sour grapes; the final leg for the racecourse I had planned on submitting for the Design Challenge had SB as the final city.

yeah a lil bit shame that there will be 2 high linear task that could be boring and ruin this enjoyable season so far... TAR 27 had none high linear task but it served a great finale leg...

I was thinking that except TAR 27 and 20 (?) the finale leg almost served high rushing adrenaline task tbh like leap off or sth...

and lack of FF like... TAR have had  great momentum with Routes, casts, and editing... but tbh we need some FF drama fs to collaborating on... and none of FF appear before 11th leg... we missed how Joey and danny could have won on Azerbaijan leg had Rachel/Dave completed it, or Kym/Ally could have won the TAR instead Amaya had they beaten the surfers...
what might have been

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #715 on: May 07, 2016, 08:04:33 PM »

That's a better way to put it.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #716 on: May 07, 2016, 08:06:47 PM »
FWIW: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31801.msg1163416.html#msg1163416

Tyler has been generally negative starting from Armenia lol. It's even worse than Laura & Tyler level arguably? The latter did want Hayley & Blair out but didn't really spew anything about wanting to race to the end with a specific team or attempted to sabotage them.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #717 on: May 08, 2016, 12:01:11 AM »
Haley was edited more negatively than Laura and Tyler ever were. I wasn't following RFF that season so I didn't realize people thought Haley and Blair would win. I thought it was an obvious Laura and Tyler victory

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #718 on: May 08, 2016, 04:47:41 AM »
To me it was an obvious Mike & Rochelle win :lol:, but yeah, I expected Laura & Tyler to win out of the F3.
But that's not about this season :P

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #719 on: May 08, 2016, 09:35:17 AM »
Haley was edited more negatively than Laura and Tyler ever were. I wasn't following RFF that season so I didn't realize people thought Haley and Blair would win. I thought it was an obvious Laura and Tyler victory

It was obvious to me J/J and H/B wouldn't win LOL. I knew Tyler and Laura had it in the bag.

Similarly, it seems kinda obvious that Tyler and Korey could receive an edit much worse than this but they did not... so...........

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #720 on: May 08, 2016, 10:03:27 AM »
Tyler & Korey have to win! They have something else at stake: Every Tyler in the past did (and that extends to Australia) :funny:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #721 on: May 08, 2016, 04:19:14 PM »
It annoys me that the season this horrible new cast intro is introduced, they decide to show it in full (almost?) every episode :groan:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #722 on: May 08, 2016, 04:42:22 PM »
What's wrong with the Intro????
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #723 on: May 08, 2016, 06:42:02 PM »
What's not wrong with it?

Instead of beautiful shots of our teams, a lot of them are just flat almost still-like images. (Biggest offenders are Darius & Cameron + Tyler & Korey + Dana & Matt + Burnie & Ashley + Marty & Hagan tbh, only Brodie & Kurt + Sheri & Cole had a cool intro shot.)

The GIANT font is atrocious and you barely see the full name of the team because the way it is edited is either circular or above the team member's head (like the name "Tyler" on Tyler & Korey's shot or "Burnie" on Burnie & Ashley's shot and Scott's name on Scott & Blair's shot).

Instead of getting cool shots from the team before their full name pops out and we see them strike a pose, it's just plain, drab shots with their names almost like floating letters brought by the aliens.

Not to mention that the thrill of seeing teams do things before showing a shot of them striking a pose (particularly the amazing mid-season intro which is LACKING this year) is all gone.

Easily the worst intro of the whole show. When even TAR24 did it better, you know you have a problem.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #724 on: May 08, 2016, 06:53:43 PM »
Thanks for explaining!!
RFF's Golden Rule: