Author Topic: TAR 28 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **SPOILERS**  (Read 150978 times)

Offline LadyMarmalade

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 28 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **SPOILERS**
« Reply #550 on: February 10, 2016, 10:26:40 AM »
Yeah I'm calling bull****. Teams were flown to do the photo booth stuff together, unless these teams are morons no way in hell did they not know something would happen when they were flown back home. Just saying. *sighs*
At least one team thought they were going to a traditional starting line.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #551 on: February 10, 2016, 10:32:14 AM »
I'm not sure how to feel about the intro. ??? I don't like it, but I can't dislike or hate it.

I don't really like the big font, but it's an attempt to try something new.  :umn: The way it was flashed was okay for me, not so awesome or excellent though.

One thing is for sure, it is not the "traditional intro" like the ones we were expecting. TAR fans prefer the traditional ways for some reason. Even I prefer it the traditional way, even though I don't know why.

Offline leeyuck

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #552 on: February 10, 2016, 03:52:59 PM »
I wish we were given a 1.5 to 2hr premiere episode, especially with the outcome of the first leg in mind. It also gives new viewers a bigger dose of what the race is which would be nice since getting new viewers seems to be the intent this season.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #553 on: February 10, 2016, 04:30:53 PM »
Did anyone notice how the route layout is the exact same as S27

1. Fly to the first country ( Brazil | Mexico )
2. Fly to another Country ( Argentina | Colombia )
3. Stay in the same Area ( Argentina | Colombia )
4. Fly to a new country, half way through cross by land into another ( Zambia, Zimbabwe | Switzerland | France )
5. Stay in the same place as before ( Zimbabwe | France )
6. Fly to a new place ( France | Armenia )
7. Travel by train to another country ( Netherlands | Georgia )
8. Fly to another country ( Poland | UAE )
9. Fly to another country ( India | Indonesia )
10. Stay in the same Place ( India | Indonesia )
11. Fly to Southern China ( Hong Kong, Macau | Shenzhen )
12. Fly to the USA 

That's a bit weird!

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #554 on: February 10, 2016, 05:14:59 PM »

4. Fly to a new country, half way through cross by land into another ( Zambia, Zimbabwe | Switzerland | France )
12. Fly to the USA 

That's a bit weird!

I actually noticed this a couple weeks ago, but forgot to mention it lol. Also note how legs 1-3 are in Latin America, 4-5 are in an unique environment (the beautiful green Africa and snowy European mountains), legs 6-8 are in a similar region for those 3 legs (Europe and Southwest Asia), legs 9-10 are in either South or Southeast Asia, and then leg 11 is obvious

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #555 on: February 10, 2016, 09:59:34 PM »
That intro is absurd.  While some of the cast shots look a little better, the flying letters look so cheap.  I wasn't a fan of the passport stamps in the recent seasons, but this is horrible.

Dude.  THIS is how you do an opening credits/main title sequence:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9oVHFw_JCsU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9oVHFw_JCsU</a>
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/I0JgP8PzW0k" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/I0JgP8PzW0k</a>
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xvNrH4UXk4w" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xvNrH4UXk4w</a>
Simple, yet slick and epic.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 10:05:21 PM by dryedmangoez »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #556 on: February 10, 2016, 10:25:06 PM »
^^Half those inserted caps are from TAR US.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #557 on: February 11, 2016, 01:33:23 AM »
And somehow TARAu's intros even with the recycled stock footage still looks more amazing than TARUS in the HD era. Very strange.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #558 on: February 11, 2016, 04:57:18 AM »
I wish we were given a 1.5 to 2hr premiere episode, especially with the outcome of the first leg in mind. It also gives new viewers a bigger dose of what the race is which would be nice since getting new viewers seems to be the intent this season.

I wish it was like this too. :( They seem to cram the episode within 1 hour (or 43 minutes) every season premiere, even though they needed more time for it.

12. Fly to the USA 

That's a bit weird!

I actually noticed this a couple weeks ago, but forgot to mention it lol. Also note how legs 1-3 are in Latin America, 4-5 are in an unique environment (the beautiful green Africa and snowy European mountains), legs 6-8 are in a similar region for those 3 legs (Europe and Southwest Asia), legs 9-10 are in either South or Southeast Asia, and then leg 11 is obvious

What coincidence! :o

And somehow TARAu's intros even with the recycled stock footage still looks more amazing than TARUS in the HD era. Very strange.

Agree! For some reason, the editing of TAR Aus is better when compared to some recent US seasons' editing.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #559 on: February 11, 2016, 02:36:45 PM »
Re: Thoughts on TAR 28 Intro

Honestly, when I first saw it, I thought it was pure garbage.

Today, a day later, the huge text has actually grown on me? :lol: BUT, I wish they just stuck to ONE animation for the font, instead of messily having each team have a different animation. I think Darius & Cameron have the WORST text/animation ever. It feels like it's half of the screen, whereas when you see teams like Erin & Joslyn, their text is still a little towards the bottom, which is fine.

Re: Cast Photos

I love that they didn't do the typical pictures-in-a-grassy-area for the cast pictures this season. It's very old TAR-esque for me. I think the last time they did this was TAR 20--which coincidentally felt like old-school TAR at the time.

Re: Marty & Hagan

I believe they're the first ones out? (Been a while since I've checked spoilers). If so,  :gaah: because they're the most normal team for this season. If I'm correct, their "fame" was by accident, while the other teams worked for the fame.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 02:42:31 PM by RaceUntilWeDie »

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #560 on: February 11, 2016, 03:35:37 PM »
Yeah, the first boots are absolutely horrible. In fact, since S23 I've always been unhappy with the first boots to a degree :lol:

Haven't watched the intro yet, don't know if I want to with such comments :escape

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #561 on: February 11, 2016, 05:34:04 PM »
Now that I think about it, maybe they'll be using the short version of the intro again this season so maybe we won't actually see those horrifying phantom names flying around outside of the premiere.  :grins:

We'll be going from being upset at having a short opening credits sequence to being ecstatic about it! lol

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #562 on: February 12, 2016, 03:19:15 PM »
Lol knew it kurt/brodie were gonna be irritating af even before eps happened *sighs*

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #563 on: February 12, 2016, 04:08:38 PM »
Also, think about this...we went to LA to prep for the race, and since the race started at our homes, we had to fly all the way back, crossing time zones.  Some of us got home very late and then had to wake up very early to take off.  So waiting in the Mexico City airport was so those of us that had to fly across the country to start the race (including using small airports) actually had a shot.
SHERI, THE SHOW HASN'T EVEN STARTED YET AND YOU'RE TOO AWESOME SORRY FOR SCREAMING
 :wohoo: :trampb: :conf:

Please come back here from time to time, especially into the racers' corner :<3
I'm so thrilled you showed up here, Sheri! Welcome! :cheer: Just goes to provide that a starting scatter is very inconvenient. #1 reason why I was upset.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #564 on: February 12, 2016, 04:19:17 PM »
Dislike the intro, I prefer team names on below of screen like other TAR intros.
I don't mind the font size, but there is too much going on with the name animation like hiding behind the team (e.g. Burnie, Scott, Zach) and moving separate directions (e.g. Brittney & Jessica). Team scenes could have been a lot better and moreso, authentic looking.

Overall feeling: :meh

It's better to make things simple than complex at times.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #565 on: February 14, 2016, 04:08:22 PM »
People is pretty dumb sometimes.

I definitely agree!  :wohoo:

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #566 on: February 14, 2016, 06:18:32 PM »
People is pretty dumb sometimes.

I definitely agree!  :wohoo:

Hysha English is not your first language so this isn't a hit towards you, but it's ironic how you said people are dumb but you used incorrect English  :funny:! Again I understand Spanish is your first language but I did find that funny!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #567 on: February 16, 2016, 06:24:26 PM »
I don't know what to feel right now about this season. I don't understand the praise for the editing. The first 30 minutes and Pit Stop scenes felt very messy, rushed, and the cuts into commercial breaks during that time was less than methodical. Editing was unbalanced like the past two seasons. Examples: Five second scene combos of Sheri & Cole hugging family and shedding tears before starting the race/teams being hyperexcited (so overbearing), surge of teams taking on the Detour and immediate intruding commercial break (:groan:) and "Pit Stop problems" AGAIN, as a casual issue (No $2K prize announcement? And PS placements still neglected to be mentioned).

Honestly, Sheri & Cole saved that premiere from going in the ranks of 24 and 20 for me.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #568 on: February 16, 2016, 06:52:38 PM »
I don't know what to feel right now about this season. I don't understand the praise for the editing. The first 30 minutes and Pit Stop scenes felt very messy, rushed, and the cuts into commercial breaks during that time was less than methodical.

Editing was unbalanced like the past two seasons. Examples: Five second scene combos of Sheri & Cole hugging family and shedding tears before starting the race/teams being hyperexcited (so overbearing), surge of teams taking on the Detour and immediate intruding commercial break (:groan:) and "Pit Stop problems" AGAIN, as a casual issue (No $2K prize announcement? And PS placements still neglected to be mentioned).

Honestly, Sheri & Cole saved that premiere from going in the ranks of 24 and 20 for me.

A. The first fifteen minutes were messy but it got much better after that awkward commercial break post Detour choice TBH.

B. Mind if I ask what you felt the problem was with TAR26's editing? I can understand 27, but 26 was pretty tightly edited, even more so than TAR25.

C. Hyperexcitement is just a choice by editors, do you really think they wouldn't show it if the teams didn't do it? :lol:

D. Rewatch the episode. Phil actually read out NINE out of ELEVEN team placements (only Zach/Rachel and Darius/Cameron didn't). This is the most team placements he's ever read out loud for the Friday era on one episode.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #569 on: February 16, 2016, 07:17:41 PM »
About team placements and prize, I don't know why the editor thought that it would be better to cut them out. Definitely Phil announced all of those but it merely made to the show in some past seasons.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #570 on: February 16, 2016, 07:51:21 PM »
D. Rewatch the episode. Phil actually read out NINE out of ELEVEN team placements (only Zach/Rachel and Darius/Cameron didn't). This is the most team placements he's ever read out loud for the Friday era on one episode.

I believe TAR 25 Leg 1 (the season they started leaving out placement-calling aha) had nine out of eleven placements as well. I might be wrong, but only Keith & Whitney and Michael & Scott's placements were left out.

Also: UGH! at the possibility of a Double Roadblock Leg 2 and no Detour? I guess I understand that they don't want to have two Detours (four different tasks) for ELEVEN teams. It's just that Double Roadblock legs are often, if not always, boring and this is NOT the season where you want to bore the viewers (the new ones, as well as those who didn't give up so easily).

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #571 on: February 16, 2016, 07:53:53 PM »

I believe TAR 25 Leg 1 (the season they started leaving out placement-calling aha) had nine out of eleven placements as well. I might be wrong, but only Keith & Whitney and Michael & Scott's placements were left out.

I remember they were the only ones skipped.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #572 on: February 16, 2016, 08:48:47 PM »
I don't know what to feel right now about this season. I don't understand the praise for the editing. The first 30 minutes and Pit Stop scenes felt very messy, rushed, and the cuts into commercial breaks during that time was less than methodical.

Editing was unbalanced like the past two seasons. Examples: Five second scene combos of Sheri & Cole hugging family and shedding tears before starting the race/teams being hyperexcited (so overbearing), surge of teams taking on the Detour and immediate intruding commercial break (:groan:) and "Pit Stop problems" AGAIN, as a casual issue (No $2K prize announcement? And PS placements still neglected to be mentioned).

A. The first fifteen minutes were messy but it got much better after that awkward commercial break post Detour choice TBH.

B. Mind if I ask what you felt the problem was with TAR26's editing? I can understand 27, but 26 was pretty tightly edited, even more so than TAR25.

C. Hyperexcitement is just a choice by editors, do you really think they wouldn't show it if the teams didn't do it? :lol:

The matter is the editing still felt unbalanced in the first 15 or so minutes. Introductions are important just like the rest of the premiere. It's what we see first to get a vibe from the season. As for the past two seasons, the editing felt pretty awkward at times. Concerning TAR26 even though it was better than half of the HD seasons: Leg 1's super long starting line and incredibly repetitive robotic dancing Detour (though most of the blame is on its ridiculous 2-hour slot), too many party scenes in Phuket, Bergen & Kurt becoming enemies for no apparent reason?, the French Riviera Leg's drive race leaving Jeff & Jackie getting last place for no discernible reason either, and the most important to me, it lacked suspense.

I encourage hyperactivity (Brook, Mirna, and Marcy), but it doesn't transition good at all when you mix a scene with utter excitement with an immediate clip of tearful crying. Scenes going on bipolar extremes just make me cringe.

Nine out of eleven is decent, but I enjoyed watching all the teams' reactions to placing a certain number.

Off topic: When were Zach & Rachel allowed to have a phone on the race?? :groan:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 08:52:40 PM by RachelLeVega »

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #573 on: February 16, 2016, 09:41:36 PM »
I like the new intro, especially with Kurt and Brodie. Their intro is really cool. When Brodie threw the frisbee and Kurt caught it, it matches the music. Sheri & Cole intro is also glamazing <333
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #574 on: February 20, 2016, 05:12:54 AM »
i always root for parent/child teams (well, except Dave & Connor). This season we have 3 parent/child teams. I love Marty/Hagan, Scott, and Sherry, but Blair & Cole are so loud. I have to cover both of my ears with my hands every time they talk :lala