Author Topic: TAR 28 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **SPOILERS**  (Read 151062 times)

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 28 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **SPOILERS**
« Reply #525 on: January 23, 2016, 07:31:31 AM »
With the center being Brodie/Kurt and Erin/Joslyn?
How many times has that curse been proven right? ??? Just curious.

It's wrong many times. For example, Tyler & Laura didn't stand in the center of group promo photo.
But the curse related to Tyler is still there. Anyway, that's just a fun fact and have nothing with the speculation and spoilers.  :funny:

If you have a keen eye, you'll see all the Tylers (9/10/26/Aus1) are coincidentally stand on the side on the cast pic. :lol:
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #526 on: January 23, 2016, 12:06:31 PM »
With the center being Brodie/Kurt and Erin/Joslyn?
How many times has that curse been proven right? ??? Just curious.

It's wrong many times. For example, Tyler & Laura didn't stand in the center of group promo photo.
But the curse related to Tyler is still there. Anyway, that's just a fun fact and have nothing with the speculation and spoilers.  :funny:

If you have a keen eye, you'll see all the Tylers (9/10/26/Aus1) are coincidentally stand on the side on the cast pic. :lol:

I wonder if this applies to most winners. ??? :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #527 on: January 23, 2016, 02:36:23 PM »
Let's put it this way...ALL winners are IN the cast pic. :funny:

moving on...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #528 on: January 23, 2016, 07:57:06 PM »

Is this the new centergate for cast photos? :lol: :lol: :lol:

(just kidding)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #529 on: January 23, 2016, 10:41:43 PM »
To those who will be in TAR29, make sure to stay at the upper right portion of the cast pic. :funny:

Just kidding. :grins: Okay, I'll shut up now. :lol:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #530 on: January 29, 2016, 03:40:26 PM »
The season hasn't started yet and I'm already cringing @ the tyler oakley fans cropping out the other teams in the main photo and writing "fixed" :res:
This is why I dislike some of the social media "stars"' fans. Some if not most have zero respect for TAR and this season is not going to change their minds about remotely liking it. I don't know what the producers were thinking for this season.

As of right now, the season hasn't even begun and I'm already disappointed by the nonexistent starting line (that would give teams living in a city with an int'l airport a MAJOR advantage and the teams living further out would have to take numerous flights) and some of the teams' blatantly rude fanatics.
Some =/= all
TAR has gained more or less new fans/viewers in the past from semi-famous teams.

Aaaand AFAIK, the producers arranged flights so that the teams would arrive approx. together.
Okay, thank you for the starting line insight, but I'm still skeptical about the starting "scatter line" for all the things that can go haywire regarding where teams' hometowns are. I would feel really bad for a team to be held at a disadvantage for an entire leg all due to where they live, like (example:) northern Montana.

I have no proof one way or the other, but I suspect they held the teams at the Mexico City airport until the last teams arrived. Remember the delay on the live stream (at least an hour) and then suddenly all the teams arrived to pick up the first clue in an 8-10 minute period? That sounds like they all left the airport together and random traffic and driving choices spread them out slightly.
I know not everyone can be pleased, but this type of start bugs me if they had to WAIT at the airport for the last teams to arrive before running outside. It's just not real-time racing and feels like a set-up. An hours of operation or overnight rest would have been less of a frustration and bunched teams together just as well if not better.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline LadyMarmalade

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #531 on: January 30, 2016, 05:36:35 AM »
So racing to LAX and waiting 6 hours for a flight is much different?

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #532 on: January 30, 2016, 07:20:31 AM »

No. Check the live tweets thread. Teams didn't start in LA, but in their hometowns.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #533 on: January 30, 2016, 11:07:57 AM »

No. Check the live tweets thread. Teams didn't start in LA, but in their hometowns.
You don't get the point :lol:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #534 on: February 01, 2016, 06:38:14 PM »
Yes, because the advantage/disadvantage for the LAX scenario is set at how quickly a team can get to the airport and snag tickets on the earliest possible flight. Waiting for the plane to pick them up is always a given. :tup:

When teams arrive at their destination, they should be able to race to their cars or taxis without being held back by production for bunching/level ground purposes.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

reds_kevin

« Reply #535 on: February 05, 2016, 07:35:38 PM »
Yes, because the advantage/disadvantage for the LAX scenario is set at how quickly a team can get to the airport and snag tickets on the earliest possible flight. Waiting for the plane to pick them up is always a given. :tup:

When teams arrive at their destination, they should be able to race to their cars or taxis without being held back by production for bunching/level ground purposes.

Well, this is to prevent the team living at the Mexican border from gaining an advantage over the team living in Northern Montana :funny:.

The live start sucks though. Wonder what gave them the idea?

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #536 on: February 05, 2016, 07:42:57 PM »

Well, this is to prevent the team living at the Mexican border from gaining an advantage over the team living in Northern Montana :funny:.

The live start sucks though. Wonder what gave them the idea?

The live start was done most likely due to the theme of the season, social media. The racers usually expose themselves to cameras as social media stars to make videos, so they thought of using a live video to do the starting line.

??? Please correct and wrong statement.

Offline SheriL

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Newbie
    • Sheri LaBrant Twitter
« Reply #537 on: February 07, 2016, 04:02:29 PM »
Also, think about this...we went to LA to prep for the race, and since the race started at our homes, we had to fly all the way back, crossing time zones.  Some of us got home very late and then had to wake up very early to take off.  So waiting in the Mexico City airport was so those of us that had to fly across the country to start the race (including using small airports) actually had a shot.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #538 on: February 07, 2016, 04:06:23 PM »
Also, think about this...we went to LA to prep for the race, and since the race started at our homes, we had to fly all the way back, crossing time zones.  Some of us got home very late and then had to wake up very early to take off.  So waiting in the Mexico City airport was so those of us that had to fly across the country to start the race (including using small airports) actually had a shot.
welcome to rff :conf: :conf: :conf: :conf: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #539 on: February 07, 2016, 04:25:43 PM »
SHERI, THE SHOW HASN'T EVEN STARTED YET AND YOU'RE TOO AWESOME SORRY FOR SCREAMING
 :wohoo: :trampb: :conf:

Please come back here from time to time, especially into the racers' corner :<3

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #540 on: February 07, 2016, 05:07:22 PM »
 Sheri LOVE!  :<3

:bigwelcome  to RFF!! We are so very happy to have you here!!  :party:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #541 on: February 08, 2016, 09:31:58 PM »
Shari, welcome to RFF! It's great to have racers share their experiences with us. It sounds like you all had a long 24 to 36 hours to start the race. I'm impressed that you all had the energy shown on the live streaming feed.

:wel2

I got it right about teams being held at the Mexico City airport?  That doesn't happen too often.  :ascared   :noway:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #542 on: February 09, 2016, 05:51:40 PM »
Not gonna lie, the live start is obviously staged but like wow @ having teams immediately run after 3 minutes :lol: <3

Has teams ever been officially told to "GO" that early in a premiere?

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #543 on: February 10, 2016, 02:56:52 AM »
Not gonna lie, the live start is obviously staged but like wow @ having teams immediately run after 3 minutes :lol: <3

Has teams ever been officially told to "GO" that early in a premiere?

Ashley said on Reddit they had some clue that they might've been going because well here's the post:D:
We actually didn't know. They told us they wanted to shoot some background packages for promotion.
We got the feeling something was up when they handed us our backpacks (we'd already surrendered them to be checked by security) and the phone the message came in on. But until that moment we really didn't know we were starting the race.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #544 on: February 10, 2016, 05:07:46 AM »
Yeah I'm calling BS. Teams were flown to do the photo booth stuff together, unless these teams are morons no way in hell did they not know something would happen when they were flown back home. Just saying. *sighs*
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 03:56:11 PM by gamerfan09 »

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #545 on: February 10, 2016, 08:25:20 AM »
WHAT IN THE ACTUAL F IS THAT INTRO? :res:

In what world did they (production) think that laying them out like that would work??? :groan:

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #546 on: February 10, 2016, 08:38:33 AM »
I like the intro  :escape

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #547 on: February 10, 2016, 08:40:14 AM »
Dislike the intro, I prefer team names on below of screen like other TAR intros.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline prettylittleliars

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #548 on: February 10, 2016, 08:46:37 AM »
This intro made me feel like that is a fans made intro, not official... :gaah:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #549 on: February 10, 2016, 09:12:31 AM »
The new intro uses the Microgramma font since season 13 which retains the graphics style from season 23, that makes it nice.