Author Topic: TAR 28 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **SPOILERS**  (Read 150987 times)

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 28 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **SPOILERS**
« Reply #325 on: November 29, 2015, 11:38:57 PM »
First of all I root for  FF teams more because I want them to prove their worth, prove to people they are more than the hair and makeup. Girls, to say least, are always underestimated but on the race cheerleaders excel and prove people how strong they can be. That is what I like to see.

+1. Having F/F teams that make it very far is very rare. I root for them because they all have something to prove. F/F teams are always underestimated. The only F/F teams I know who've made the Finals looking at Season 20 to present are Caroline & Jennifer and Amy & Maya. The last time we had 2 F/F's in the Finals was in Season 17 with Nat & Kat and Brooke & Claire and way long back in All Stars (Season 11) Charla & Mirna and Dustin & Kandice. We don't know as of now if Tiffany & Krista make it to the finals in Season 27. We've seen strong female teams who I know could have made it till the end like Kym & Alli who were flipped out after Adam & Bethany stole their Fast Forward. Also, there are several F/F teams that have great potential that were knocked out early in the Race such as Misa & Maiya of Season 20 and Lisa & Michelle of Season 25. Also several others who could have made at least the Top 5 if it weren't the circumstances that happend to them like Nicky & Kim who were U-Turned by that Tim & Marie and Nary & Jamie who fell short by 15 minutes in Tanzania depsite 2 teams were U-Turned that leg.

I have no problem with anyone rooting for them. It's like all those unfortunate circumstances can happen to anyone though, not just all girl teams. Saying the best teams are gone just because those teams were female teams is kinda crazy to me.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #326 on: November 29, 2015, 11:46:12 PM »
I do not get involved in liking or disliking teams based on stereotyping or categorizing when we know next to nothing about most or all of the teams. I don't know any of the social media personalities for season 28, and I am not forming a judgment until I at lease see the official bio information CBS puts out. And even if you know who was eliminated in what order you still don't know why it happened. So I think trying to say it is a good season or not at this point makes little sense to me. YMMV.

However, I am loving the route. I do wonder if any of it was affected by the recent series of ISIS-inspired attacks in Europe, Africa, and southwest Asia and whether any of these legs are late-placed legs for others?
-- theschnauzers

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #327 on: November 30, 2015, 01:51:28 AM »
Selfies might be back  :gnome

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #328 on: November 30, 2015, 01:55:28 AM »

Oh, did you see them bringing a selfie stick or any kind of smartphone? :stare
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #329 on: November 30, 2015, 01:57:20 AM »
yay bridge of peace as pit stop is exactly like my tar dc does it's so glamazing <3
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #330 on: November 30, 2015, 02:20:51 AM »

Oh, did you see them bringing a selfie stick or any kind of smartphone? :stare

here it is if you can see it :D

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #331 on: November 30, 2015, 02:37:01 AM »
All F/F teams out? WHAT! I'm was fine with TAR 26 with no F/F teams, however, I was less excited. I will be less excited if all F/F team is out early, and before F6.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #332 on: November 30, 2015, 04:16:00 AM »
There's still hope everyone lmao remember Kym & Alli/Amy & Maya just randomly popping out on TAR25 sightings? :lol:

And Shelley & Nici survived two whole legs being listed at risk too! :lol: <3

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #333 on: November 30, 2015, 05:01:33 AM »
FF teams were only redeeming factor of this cast, tbh.  :(

I am not sure if I'll watch this season.

I don't care for remaining teams... (Sorry Sherri, but your son is annoying.)

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #334 on: November 30, 2015, 06:02:56 AM »

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #335 on: November 30, 2015, 06:19:59 AM »

:gaah: :gaah: :gaah:

If they make them online bonuses and nothing show-wise, it'll be fun non-geoblocked extras! :tup:

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #336 on: November 30, 2015, 07:04:14 AM »

If they make them online bonuses and nothing show-wise, it'll be fun non-geoblocked extras! :tup:

:funny: you are so funny...

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #337 on: November 30, 2015, 09:41:48 AM »

I think this was just a post-leg selfie. I really don't see any reason for them to bring selfless back, as even the casuals complained like crazy.

Are you kidding me. :eye:
You haven't seen the teams in action, you probably know nothing about most (if not all) of them and you already complain they will be unlikeable enough for you to skip the season? This seems close to a Facebook fan's post "omg social media ewww what has happened to TAR I'll skip pls cancel" :lol:

I'd be VERY interested to know what you found so "redeeming" about the FF teams. IMO 2 of them seemed pretty blank (but again, I've seen just a little) and the MF teams seem very diverse this season. We've got a pair of hip choreographers, a couple of geeky, but cool gamers, a rather ordinary couple including and amazing Vine star and also a mother/son team :trampb: Oh yeah, and then there is Blair & Scott, but I found Blair annoying in the video, so I'm not gonna share my love for her.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #338 on: November 30, 2015, 09:44:57 AM »
^

But I love Blair so far because she didn't seem irritating, she just seemed so excited lmao <3

Definitely not like Erin & Joslyn and the others literally camwhoring in front of the camera when the clue said "Say Hi to Facebook".

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #339 on: November 30, 2015, 10:07:40 AM »

You haven't seen the teams in action, you probably know nothing about most (if not all) of them and you already complain they will be unlikeable enough for you to skip the season? This seems close to a Facebook fan's post "omg social media ewww what has happened to TAR I'll skip pls cancel" :lol:

I'd be VERY interested to know what you found so "redeeming" about the FF teams. IMO 2 of them seemed pretty blank (but again, I've seen just a little) and the MF teams seem very diverse this season. We've got a pair of hip choreographers, a couple of geeky, but cool gamers, a rather ordinary couple including and amazing Vine star and also a mother/son team :trampb: Oh yeah, and then there is Blair & Scott, but I found Blair annoying in the video, so I'm not gonna share my love for her.
[/quote]

As fan of TAR, I HATE this "social media" twist.

Wasn't general consensus that this cast isn't that bad because FF/parent & child teams? All FF teams are already eliminated...

Marty & Hagan and Jessica & Brittany were probably only "real" teams in this cast and they seemed hilarious, they are gone. Team Clevver gave me Brooke & Claire vibe, they are gone.

I googled all the teams and watched their videos on YouTube/Vine. They aren't  strangers to me. I never called them unlikable as you wrote.

I find annoying that after TAR26 and 27, we will have another season with MF teams endgame.  :gaah:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #340 on: November 30, 2015, 10:18:54 AM »
Ok, I kinda get it.

But Zach & Rachel to me seem like the realest team on this cast +  Cam & Darius + Sheri & Cole (the mom is a badass and gives major Denise vibes). :luvya:

Btw Matt & Dana seem like a mixture of Nick & Vicki and Matt & Ashley. They are my favourite team in this cast and DEFINITELY seem like regular people ;)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #341 on: November 30, 2015, 10:54:36 AM »
Season 26 turned out to be less of a nightmare due to the editing as the "blind date" aspect was minimized for broadcast, and while the "social media" twist has to do with the selection pool used for the cast, I do not have the impression that it will cause this twist to be a problem; if anything it ought to be less of an issue. (Don't forget that IIRC, it was TAR 6 that gained a reputation for being the "model/actor" season for a reason. So there's been this sort of smaller selection pool in the past as well. I'm not bothered by the "social media" construct either.
If anything, there's precedent for casting personalities on TAR with global recognition; at the least, there was Survivor Rob's first TAR season where his first season on Survivor had aired in many countries around the world, and it got him a lot of help from locals. the effect this season seems to be on that character, but more equitable, since all the teams have their fans globally.
-- theschnauzers

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #342 on: November 30, 2015, 04:46:23 PM »
VALENTINES DAY WEEK PREMIERE <3

WE ONLY HAVE TO SUFFER A BARELY TWO MONTH TAR WITHDRAWAL THIS YEAR  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Here's hoping 28 is EVEN better than it seems on paper and the editing is on point! Considering the nature of this cast, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want to irritate fans of a certain team by making them invisible lol.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #343 on: November 30, 2015, 07:42:15 PM »
I like how the social media theme gives us a lot of spoilers especially when Tyler Oakley is seen.  :funny:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #344 on: November 30, 2015, 07:58:11 PM »
Bali!!! :conf: :conf: :conf:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #345 on: November 30, 2015, 08:05:06 PM »
I love the spoilers in Indonesia last time from TAR23. I miss Indonesia even though it's been visited 5 times already within 9 seasons.

I will also be wishing on Georgia with the awesome spoilers.  :funny:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #346 on: November 30, 2015, 08:41:52 PM »
I'm slightly disappointed to see UAE-Indonesia duo again like TAR23... but hopefully both legs deliver!

(I also hope we get full spoilers again like the Bandung leg :lol:)

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #347 on: November 30, 2015, 08:54:14 PM »

As fan of TAR, I HATE this "social media" twist.

Wasn't general consensus that this cast isn't that bad because FF/parent & child teams? All FF teams are already eliminated...

Marty & Hagan and Jessica & Brittany were probably only "real" teams in this cast and they seemed hilarious, they are gone. Team Clevver gave me Brooke & Claire vibe, they are gone.

I googled all the teams and watched their videos on YouTube/Vine. They aren't  strangers to me. I never called them unlikable as you wrote.

I find annoying that after TAR26 and 27, we will have another season with MF teams endgame.  :gaah:

[/quote]

This! But obviously I'm just a feminist(which was used as an insult eek) who roots for only F/F teams. But all the ruckus reminds me why I don't post in spoiler boards.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #348 on: November 30, 2015, 08:55:53 PM »
With all of this posts being edited I feel like I missed something huge...  ???

Oh well.. I finally saw ant-man.

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #349 on: December 01, 2015, 12:27:41 AM »
Bali was OK I guess, although I want them to visit Jakarta (Why on earth this city still not get visited, maybe production nightmare I guess) or even Lombok (fairly near to Bali and I'm even fine they recycle the task from Asia and Australia version)
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.