Author Topic: TAR 28 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **SPOILERS**  (Read 150983 times)

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 28 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **SPOILERS**
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2015, 09:24:31 PM »
As a local, I'm not really impressed by both Thailand legs. Lol :lol:

It was entertaining for sure, but some tasks were so wtf. (What even is 1,000 years old egg lol, 18 years spending in Bangkok and I have NEVER heard or saw anyone eat it. And visit the iron graveyard? Really? That's like one of the LAST place I would visit in Bangkok.)

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2015, 10:01:09 PM »
They finally make a season for Tyler VS Rachel :funny:

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2015, 10:05:03 PM »
I would have preferred a season of contestants from Survivor/BB/other CBS shows, but I am OK with this.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2015, 10:15:06 PM »
The last time we had a themed season was TAR8 (casuals hated it too), and TAR8 was amazing many years later lol.

Who knows? 20 years later an odd concept just might strike again.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2015, 12:03:23 AM »
It can be worse actually, but the teams seem really diverse. I mean we have brothers, and parent/child, and newlyweds. If we don't look at their status as social media stars, it's just like regular season.

What has to be kept in mind is how big social media has become, so it is possible to have quite a diverse cast by relationships, ages, ethnicity, and at least one LGBT team on the race, much more reflective of early season TAR than we've often had. So the social media part isn't the controlling factor of the diversity, the 11 teams are not clones of each other (as was an early TAR season where most of the teams were actually models although TPTB tried to make it look otherwise.)

What's also new is that the teams have been permitted to announce their participation on their own social media feeds. Several teams, including Tyler's btw, have already posted that they will have previously scheduled updates being posted while their are gone filming the season, which has been an issue in past seasons where some twitter/facebook feeds were being updated.

I also gather after reading some of thee twitter feeds that teams must have gone into sequester just prior to the CBS announcement this morning. Just evidence of what we've known over the years about how long sequester is before the start line. :)
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2015, 12:17:32 AM »
They went into sequester on Tuesday.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2015, 01:05:11 AM »
I was pretty pessimistic when I learned of the twist for this season. I'm feeling better now for a couple of reasons. One, the cast looks pretty good. I expect they will have interesting personalities. It seems like a requirement to get millions of followers. I just hope it doesn't end up with everyone mugging for the cameras or being annoying divas. Secondly, the reaction on Twitter has been massive and overwhelmingly positive, aside from some "Why isn't my favorite internet star on TAR?" tweets. That should translate into some additional viewers. Whether they stay after their favorites are gone or are back for TAR 29-30-31-32-33-34... (hey, I can dream), is anybody's guess.

A couple of things concern me. One, there's a good chance some of the teams may know each other (from conventions and such) and that will encourage alliances. This type of thing is what I disliked most about the returning racer seasons and I see the potential for some of that this season. Secondly, I'm concerned that the pro frisbee players may be physically dominant. Certainly they are used to lots of running. That could be a big advantage against other teams that don't appear to be great athletes. Though I haven't examined the other teams all that carefully and there could be a surprise or two. Maybe the Benson Brothers.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the season. It should be an interesting experiment. At least they are trying something different rather than let the show slowly fade away.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2015, 03:29:44 AM »
Secondly, the reaction on Twitter has been massive and overwhelmingly positive, aside from some "Why isn't my favorite internet star on TAR?"

Not the toxic middle-aged Facebook fanbase though, they'll keep whining till the end of time :lol:

But yeah agree with your points Plaidmoon, I'm looking forward to it as well! The cast could have been worse... just saying.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2015, 05:02:00 AM »
After seeing that the twist was about Internet sensations, I was not excited nor was I disappointed. All I could think of was... okay. :stare

So I asked my younger siblings who Tyler Oakley is, and they start babbling stuff I couldn't understand. When I said I don't even know who Tyler Oakley is, they reacted, and I was called an uncultured cabbage for that. :funny:

The good news is, I do not know these people, at all! So for me, they will just be like the usual strangers from usual seasons. (I just don't like the fact that all these are recruits and not applicants.)

Again, I don't feel excited or disappointed with this twist (unlike TAR8 where I was intrigued or TAR26 where I felt underwhelmed), but I'm glad that we're having another season of TAR. :hearts: Hopefully this season will turn out right. :hoot:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2015, 05:28:14 AM »
As long as they keep to the theme the whole season, which is to use their accounts for updates later on, not posting any spoilers/locations etc... then I think it's really a decent idea to hook on much more young people to watch TAR.

They got me hooked when I was 12. Look after 13 years later I'm still a fan!

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2015, 08:55:23 AM »
I really don't consider this upcoming season a "themed" one. Sure, they are all Social Media Stars but that is fine for me. They all look like casts for a regular season. Seeing the casts, I already have good vibes about it. 3 Parent/Child Teams + 3 F/F Teams, less dating teams.  :cheer: :cheer: :luvya: I just hope that the editing will be a good one because Season 27's editing sucked on most episodes and no focusing one or two teams. I want them to get enough airtime. Plus the tasks, can they go back to what they did in previous seasons. Some of Season 27's tasks are quite easy. I love how TAR is keeping things still fresh despite twists. The Season 26 for me was executed well, particularly with the cast, although some of the routes and legs were bad. Bottomline, I'm happy that there's a new Season and hopefully more Seasons will come  :hoot: :yess:

Apparently, TAR did tick some of my wishlists and dreams. 3 Parent/Child Teams in 1 Season and 3 F/F Teams who look really strong and could make it very far based on how they look.  :hoot: :yess:
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 09:24:29 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2015, 11:37:15 AM »
Erin and Joslyn look like either Brook and Claire 2.0 or Kelly and Shevonne 2.0 in my opinion they seem fun and competitive though
And dont you guys think that because this is the first leg and this is celebrity edition and they will broadcast live some part of it that first leg will be non elimination or keep on racing because twists come with NELS right? like 15s starting line elimination Face Off ...

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2015, 01:35:11 PM »
I wonder how Cole LaBrant will throw around teenage heartthrob vibes in the race?

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2015, 07:03:40 PM »
Aside from Tyler Oakley, I had no idea any of these contestants existed until yesterday. So I'm not sure I'd consider them celebrates or well off because they've managed to get a following online. When your lost on the streets of Bangladesh, all those followers really don't matter. 

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2015, 01:44:58 AM »
As a local, I'm not really impressed by both Thailand legs. Lol :lol:

It was entertaining for sure, but some tasks were so wtf. (What even is 1,000 years old egg lol, 18 years spending in Bangkok and I have NEVER heard or saw anyone eat it. And visit the iron graveyard? Really? That's like one of the LAST place I would visit in Bangkok.)
I really like this challenge because I can see the different between 1,000 year egg in Bangkok and 1,000 year egg in HCMC.  :funny: The one in Bangkok has pink eggshell and the one in HCMC is covered by some kind of herb, I think.

I cannot believe you have never heard about it. I spent 3 months in Thailand and I saw it in almost every menu.  :grins: And you should eat some, it tastes really good (in my opinion). :D

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2015, 08:19:21 PM »
Tbh, I feel lazy googling the faces of the racers for this season, so I'll just wait for those spoiler photos to be posted.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2015, 09:12:24 PM »
Tbh, I feel lazy googling the faces of the racers for this season, so I'll just wait for those spoiler photos to be posted.

They were revealed with propper press photos though. Did you miss it?

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2015, 09:25:06 PM »

I wouldn't call them "proper" press photos.  It looked like TAR asked the teams to take their own cast photos.  Some teams took basically selfies, others did nice little photoshoots. lol

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2015, 12:02:17 AM »

I wouldn't call them "proper" press photos.  It looked like TAR asked the teams to take their own cast photos.  Some teams took basically selfies, others did nice little photoshoots. lol

I think I missed it. :funny: Doesn't matter for now I guess. :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2015, 01:30:43 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2015, 04:57:17 AM »

I think I missed it. :funny: Doesn't matter for now I guess. :lol:

Info is here: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/board,127.0.html

No wonder I've never seen the pics. I haven't stumbled into that thread for quite a while. :funny:
Thanks Peach! :)

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2015, 07:10:31 PM »
I decided to watch the announcement vids of the teams available, and I'm actually surprised on how good this cast is. Except from maybe Tyler's video, almost all the other teams seem like normal people racing and not camera-whoring like Joey did (I like Joey/Meghan but lol I know how irritating he can be).

Plus some of these teams have actually never vlogged in their entire YouTube career (and a lot of other racer's partners), so their personalities will definitely be something to maybe look forward to.

Really excited for 28 now! :hrt:

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2015, 07:24:23 PM »
I decided to watch the announcement vids of the teams available, and I'm actually surprised on how good this cast is. Except from maybe Tyler's video, almost all the other teams seem like normal people racing and not camera-whoring like Joey did (I like Joey/Meghan but lol I know how irritating he can be).

Plus some of these teams have actually never vlogged in their entire YouTube career (and a lot of other racer's partners), so their personalities will definitely be something to maybe look forward to.

Really excited for 28 now! :hrt:

agreed also love how enthusiastic they are about racing

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2015, 07:47:13 PM »
Love the enthusiasm they all have and they are really all out. In Youtube, people who have not watched the Race will now watch because of them appearing on TAR.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2015, 08:01:09 PM »
Love the enthusiasm they all have and they are really all out. In Youtube, people who have not watched the Race will now watch because of them appearing on TAR.

Only until their team gets eliminated. That's the problem with pseudo-celebrity casting.

But I guess a ratings boost is a ratings boost.