Author Topic: TAR 28 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **SPOILERS**  (Read 150971 times)

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 28 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **SPOILERS**
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2015, 05:36:45 PM »
3 parent-child teams! :trampb:
It's rare to have a father-daughter team. The last one flopped!
3 FF teams! :trampb:
2 of them look really strong. Hope they go far!
Burnie and Ashley are the only MF I like because they seem very competitive!

Overall: Not Bad! but we will see
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2015, 05:43:38 PM »
With the seasons with Kevin/Meghan & Joey, did them being on the season even really increase ratings and viewers much? Most of their millions of fans just watched their video recaps, and those that actually watched the show stopped once they were eliminated.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2015, 06:30:03 PM »
^^ Nope.  But I guess TAR is banking on 11x whatever small increase in viewership these "stars" will bring.  :snicker:

I guess I understand how the fans of these "stars" feel since I was a fan of Kevjumba before TAR17 and was excited to see him and his dad on the show.

The good/interesting thing about the Jumbas was that they were completely different on the Race than in their YouTube videos.  They basically came across as a regular father/son team.  But then again, Vine and Instagram didn't even exist back then I think.  Completely different kind of "famous."

Plus, Papa Jumba was awesome anyway.

So, these "stars" could be annoying on their videos (or whatever the hell they're popular for), but could be different on the Race.  But again, all this internet fame is much different now than it was back then. 

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2015, 06:48:43 PM »
BUT OMG ZACH KING AND THE GIRLS ON CLEVVER AND MATT STEFANINA <3 <3 <3

TBH aside from Tyler Oakley, this cast could have been 10000000% worse. A lot of these teams seem pretty diverse? Aside from the "internet" thing, we seem to have a pretty well-rounded assortment of teams!

TAR28 may not be so bad after all.

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2015, 06:52:58 PM »
I don't know anyone of them. :lol:
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2015, 06:58:36 PM »
I really hope TAR doesn't capitalise on the "Internet thing".

Actually a pretty alright cast? I'm not gonna judge since I'm just so happy only a few camerawhores who vlog are on :lol:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 08:23:19 PM by gamerfan09 »

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2015, 06:59:51 PM »
I don't like the idea but I like the teams.  :luvya:

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2015, 07:01:11 PM »
I don't see any problem with this theme. Even they are all internet sensations but they have different personalities and also teams have different relationships. The race need diversity in relationships and personalities than what job they do imo.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2015, 07:03:03 PM »
I'm still open to this concept. The teams make or break the race.

For example, he who shan't be name in season 27.

<3

Offline JoSmooth

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2015, 07:14:17 PM »
But I guess TAR is banking on 11x whatever small increase in viewership these "stars" will bring.

There's a possibility it could be significant. For example Rooster Teeth (Burnie & Ashley's company) has more than 8 million Youtube subscribers. The company's annual convention brings about 50,000 fans to Austin and their videos usually usually get around 500k to 1 million views.

I expect their appearance on Amazing Race is going to receive a decent amount of promotion by Rooster Teeth. This is purely a guess, by I could see around 150k new viewers from Rooster Teeth and most of them are in a demographic that advertisers like. With Amazing Race currently pulling in about 6 million viewers in the 18 to 49 group, this would be a decent jump.

I'm not too familiar with the other teams, but if in total all of the teams can pull in 300k to 500k new viewers for all or part of the season, it's nothing to sneeze at.

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2015, 07:34:28 PM »
What I like from this season's casts:
- when was the last time we had 3 parent/child teams? :trampb:
- we actually can know all teams better even before the show's airing, because on past seasons we only knew some of them (or even none) pre-airing, aside from All-Stars or Unfinished Business seasons (for example on TAR20, I believe the only team we knew how they look like was only Brenchel, while the others we only knew them once the race is aired on TV).
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2015, 07:37:39 PM »
I'll follow the spoilers here, but I'm seriously considering skipping for the first time, and I'm a veteran TAR fan. I anticipate a cast of all social media names being like watching Joey & Meghan x11

They've really reached this point where they have to blatantly pander for viewers. They'll get a couple million 1-time viewers who will only watch until their team goes home. So hopefully Tyler Oakley makes final 3 since, from the sounds of it, he's the biggest deal of them all.

Can you tell I'm not happy? =/

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2015, 07:38:50 PM »
I'll follow the spoilers here, but I'm seriously considering skipping for the first time, and I'm a veteran TAR fan. I anticipate a cast of all social media names being like watching Joey & Meghan x11

They've really reached this point where they have to blatantly pander for viewers. They'll get a couple million 1-time viewers who will only watch until their team goes home. So hopefully Tyler Oakley makes final 3 since, from the sounds of it, he's the biggest deal of them all.

The difference is, Joey & Meghan were VLOGGERS. They're used to the cameras. A lot of these people just CREATE content and their personalities aren't 100% on camera.

Who knows? It might end up like TAR26!

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2015, 07:46:01 PM »

That's not necessarily a good thing.  :grins:

I'm not too familiar with the other teams, but if in total all of the teams can pull in 300k to 500k new viewers for all or part of the season, it's nothing to sneeze at.

At the same time, there is no guarantee those possible new viewers will be watching via traditional/digital mediums that are measured in any way.  Since the followers of these "stars" are internet savvy, they could just as easily watch episodes uploaded on places other than Amazon or CBS.com that won't have any bearing with CBS or advertisers.  And that demo would likely opt to do that instead.

And there's also no guarantee that any of that possible 300-500k+ will stick around for any future season, let alone the rest of TAR28 if their teams get eliminated.  (As shown by the "uproar" after the eliminations of the Jumbas and Joey & Meghan.)

Even if a gimmick gives an immediate, tangible boost, what TAR needs is to do stuff that will either bring back former fans or attract new fans that will stick around past whatever gimmick they have.  Remember, most of these people are popular for short videos or photos.  Not 12 44-minute episodes.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 07:51:23 PM by dryedmangoez »

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2015, 07:46:56 PM »

Let's see whether the "Tyler trend" continues or stop here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2015, 07:47:57 PM »

Why not? TAR26 is criminally underrated. If you never got over the awful premiere and decided to belittle the concept the whole way then I could see how bad it could be, but for the most part, from Germany onwards it was very very solid racing with no dating themes forced at all.

The finale was also the best finale since 21 lol, even though the winners weren't good it was an overall decent season!

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2015, 07:52:52 PM »
Many people may change their mind like they did with TAR 26.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2015, 07:54:26 PM »
Why not? TAR26 is criminally underrated. If you never got over the awful premiere and decided to belittle the concept the whole way then I could see how bad it could be, but for the most part, from Germany onwards it was very very solid racing with no dating themes forced at all.

The finale was also the best finale since 21 lol, even though the winners weren't good it was an overall decent season!

TAR26 = TAR19-TAR23 = Not good.  All middling, forgettable seasons.  The blind date gimmick just adds to TAR26's negatives more than the regular, blah seasons.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2015, 08:22:54 PM »
Here's something to think about.

Ignore the internet theme and look at the teams below.

Dana & Matt - Dating Choreographers
Sheri & Cole - Mother/Son
Jessica & Brittany - Models
Zach & Rachel - Newlyweds
Scott & Blair - Father/Daughter
Cameron & Darius - Brothers
Kurt & Brodie - Professional Frisbee Players
Marty & Hagan - Mother/Daughter
Burnie & Ashley - Dating
Erin & Josslyn - Newscasters
Tyler & Korey - YouTube Hosts

This cast is pretty diverse and isn't all that bad, just think, we could have gotten MUCH MUCH worse.

A lot of these teams CREATE content through their own talent and do not obnoxiously vlog their day-to-day lives. They live their personal life in peace and I would really love to see how they do on TAR.

We haven't even seen a route yet, and we're already complaining lol.

If anything, it's not the teams that are the problem. It's definitely how editing, route, and tasks will be.

If those three other pointers get it done this season, we could be in for an amazing surprise. (:

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Talk too much.
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2015, 08:26:44 PM »
I'm interested in this season!

Be grateful we have another season!

THIS!
Got along without you before I met you, Gonna get along without you now.

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2015, 08:27:33 PM »
I'm interested in this season!

Be grateful we have another season!

THIS!

THIS!

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2015, 08:29:49 PM »
If TAR wanted a celebrity season for viewers, I'd rather a CA type with Housewifes/bachelors/sports or CBB with D list models/child stars. Social media moguls are gross and defiling and I am rooting for the instagram models since they mostly resemble the above casting tropes<3

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2015, 08:33:04 PM »

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2015, 08:40:07 PM »

THIS

I don't get the hate of 26. Ok, the Asian part is pretty awful but after that it was AMAZING. :res:

Just because it had twist doesn't mean it will become bad season tbh.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2015, 09:06:12 PM »

THIS

I don't get the hate of 26. Ok, the Asian part is pretty awful but after that it was AMAZING. :res:

Just because it had twist doesn't mean it will become bad season tbh.

TBH, only two Japan legs were that bad. Thailand legs were OK.