Author Topic: TAR 28 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**  (Read 306730 times)

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
Re: TAR 28 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**
« Reply #850 on: December 11, 2015, 09:04:01 PM »
That preview does answer how TAR 28 was started, but can we identify where Phil was?

When I watched the next season's preview I saw Phil was being standing infront of Monument to the Revolution (Monumento a la Revolucion) in Mexico City to watch the teams for their starting point.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #851 on: December 11, 2015, 10:27:00 PM »
Yep, it's the same place in daylight.

So we were right about the flights from 4 different cities, Phil is starting the race via video link.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #852 on: December 11, 2015, 11:49:17 PM »
We now know how Phil delivers the opening message, but wonder how they get the 1st clue envelope, since the starting line is "virtual", but I think we do see them ripping the 1st clue from their homes. Do they simply get it from their camera crew after Phil's message or another way.
Already feeling weird without all teams lined-up and Phil saying go.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #853 on: December 12, 2015, 12:17:14 AM »
since the starting line is "virtual"...
So is the phone call, apparently: no sim card.  :)

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #854 on: December 12, 2015, 12:37:22 AM »
Apparently you are right. The center is wi-fi signal and the right is unread message notification.

Offline JSM

• RFF Jr. Member
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 04:51:23 AM by JSM »

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #856 on: December 12, 2015, 10:47:20 AM »
since the starting line is "virtual"...
So is the phone call, apparently: no sim card.  :)
Yeah, there was no phone call - the teams got an email saying that they had received a video message.

Offline angkorwhat

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #857 on: December 12, 2015, 01:20:35 PM »
I really hope they don't act all surprised when they get the video message  :gaah:  There's clearly a camera crew there.  This wasn't a "surprise" for anyone!

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #858 on: December 12, 2015, 02:22:18 PM »
I really hope they don't act all surprised when they get the video message  :gaah:  There's clearly a camera crew there.  This wasn't a "surprise" for anyone!

Btw I love your name  :funny:

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #859 on: December 12, 2015, 02:26:47 PM »
Speculation: Phil tells teams in his email he is waiting them at the monument and they have to figure out where it is and get there for their first clue

Offline Erebus1111

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #860 on: December 12, 2015, 02:40:12 PM »
Speculation: Phil tells teams in his email he is waiting them at the monument and they have to figure out where it is and get there for their first clue
Wouldn't it suck though if one of the teams went to somewhere like Brazil and didn't realize it was Mexico? Unless it's the one time teams can look up locations on their phone.
School of Griffin 4 Life

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #861 on: December 12, 2015, 02:47:29 PM »
Wouldn't it suck though if one of the teams went to somewhere like Brazil and didn't realize it was Mexico? Unless it's the one time teams can look up locations on their phone.
Yea they would probably look it up and remember when teams said this is our first clue while live streaming in Mexico? I think it makes sense since Phil is standing at the Monument of Revolution in his email video

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #862 on: December 13, 2015, 11:51:09 AM »
Since in the past production has always provided the tickets for the first flight either in the clue envelope, or by instructions in the first clue envelope, I don't see them having the teams scrambling to figure out where in the world is Carmen San Diego Phil Koeghan. They will know that they need to go to a certain airport and go to a certain ticket counter.  IIRC, at least one team was shown getting into a llimo leaving their house with the camera crew.

My guess is that the teams were in LA for the pre-Race seclusion period, had their back packs searched for forbidden items, then flew back home with their camera team for the first leg to await the video message for the start of the Race. I would guess the first clue would be with their backpacks, placed their by the camera crew, or in their transportation to the airport, or handed to them by the camera clue off camera. Take your pick.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Erebus1111

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #863 on: December 13, 2015, 04:52:16 PM »
So in that scene in the preview for Season 28, it seemed that Burnie and Ashley chose Greats Balls of Fire, any guesses on the technique they use?  :spy: I think that have to reflect onto the balls using metal/a reflective surface, which is strange because they are doing it at night.
School of Griffin 4 Life

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #864 on: December 14, 2015, 08:32:25 PM »
this guy says they are at his work filming, Santa Barbara Airport
Santa Barbara related ... not exactly a live sighting, assuming TAR28  :cmas0
Review of The Fess Parker - A Doubletree by Hilton Resort
Reviewed 1 week ago
The balcony is shared, which isn't necessarily a problem but the meeting room and all other suites next to us were occupied by the production staff for The Amazing Race and they acted like they owned the place. Always moving stuff through the halls, blocking paths and hogging the one elevator. Worst, and most annoying, they had their lunch on the balcony and thought using our tables and chairs was just fine. They even left their trash there for us! And to top it all off, stepped out of the shower into the bedroom to find one of them just flat-out staring into our room. Lovely

Offline DetectiveLoke

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #865 on: December 14, 2015, 11:51:20 PM »
So they're going to country of Georgia in Season 28. Is it safe to go to Georgia? 'Cause I saw pictures in the country of Georgia (on Google): that buildings collapse by an an army soldiers or there's likely war in Georgia (I think .....). I'm not being racist, I'm just being curios.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #866 on: December 14, 2015, 11:56:42 PM »
So they're going to country of Georgia in Season 28. Is it safe to go to Georgia? 'Cause I saw pictures in the country of Georgia (on Google): that buildings collapse by an an army soldiers or there's likely war in Georgia (I think .....). I'm not being racist, I'm just being curios.

If TAR has gone there, surely it must be safe!

There's no way they would ever endanger racers without doing proper research  :cmas22

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #867 on: December 15, 2015, 12:29:45 AM »
Never mind. Should have checked my geography.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 12:33:23 AM by Maanca »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #868 on: January 11, 2016, 09:29:50 PM »
A greeter photo, from the same Berek that Candi Lee found. Wikipedia lists Ms. Cartagena 2015 as Madelein López Camelo; the appearance is similar.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #869 on: January 14, 2016, 06:41:37 PM »
Amazing Race facebook just uploaded a group photo for the latest season, i have no idea where that background is?

I see the group photo shot which taking place in Teotihuacan, Mexico.

Seems to be Mexico!

Indeed, Gamer is right and these pyramids are the exact match.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 08:52:10 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #870 on: January 22, 2016, 07:39:20 AM »
Well, the group shot in Mexico do seem to confirm all teams only getting together in the same geographic spot once they're into the 1st leg. Wonder if they took that at a HOO bunch point during the overnight stay (before release time, maybe) or was it after Pit Stop.

With reports of some teams (OK, I remember the report of one, might have been more) that were considered, but ended up not being included, wonder how the "sequester" period worked for this cast.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #871 on: January 22, 2016, 07:49:06 AM »
Did they seriously bunch all teams in LA with a photoshoot (the photo booth cast pics) and seriously made them fly back home to start? There's just so many things wrong with this budget-wise...

Offline LadyMarmalade

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #872 on: January 22, 2016, 03:21:53 PM »
Did they seriously bunch all teams in LA with a photoshoot (the photo booth cast pics) and seriously made them fly back home to start? There's just so many things wrong with this budget-wise...
They don't have to take photos only before the race. 

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #873 on: January 22, 2016, 09:00:22 PM »

No. I think the teams and Phil were probably inside a studio in Mexico City where he met them back at the live-stream start in November.

Offline leeyuck

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #874 on: January 26, 2016, 01:35:47 PM »
I think they're really just trying to capitalize on Tyler's fanbase (and even if it goes ignored and mocked, there is a substantial amount of new interest to the show because of his involvement). It's another bait to keep fans watching; reassuring them that he does make it quite far.