Author Topic: TAR 28 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**  (Read 306663 times)

Offline guacamole300

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TAR 28 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**
« Reply #175 on: November 17, 2015, 11:38:07 PM »
I can't believe I missed the race coming to Mexico! I would've flown to Mexico City had I known! I've been dreaming for years of witnessing the race live!! And i have tons of friends there that could've also helped that are fans! I guess I can keep hoping for a Monterrey leg somewhere in the future...slim chances I guess...

Anyway, I have friends in Bogota, peach, though it might be too late to contact them

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #176 on: November 17, 2015, 11:57:17 PM »
I can't believe I missed the race coming to Mexico! I would've flown to Mexico City had I known! I've been dreaming for years of witnessing the race live!! And i have tons of friends there that could've also helped that are fans! I guess I can keep hoping for a Monterrey leg somewhere in the future...slim chances I guess...

Anyway, I have friends in Bogota, peach, though it might be too late to contact them

Planes just landed in Bogotá minutes ago, there's plenty of time to wake up your friends and have them follow and document the race. Hope you can. Unfortunately we don't know yet where in Colombia are they going, but Colombia is confirmed aplenty.

X

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #177 on: November 18, 2015, 01:08:19 AM »
Who do we know for sure made it past Mexico -- other than the mother and son and Erin & Joslyn?

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #178 on: November 18, 2015, 01:15:25 AM »
Who do we know for sure made it past Mexico -- other than the mother and son and Erin & Joslyn?

Scott & Blair are spotted at the airport. There's a pic of Jessica and Brittany at the pit stop but without Phil in it, probably meant it is pit start. In the Instagram picture posted on the Live Sightings thread there's a guy in light gray shirt with black bandana standing and talking to a camera crew. I'm just not sure who this is but he may be a contestant on TAR. It's hard to tell from the pic but for sure he has black hair.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 01:27:06 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #179 on: November 18, 2015, 03:31:03 AM »
My Speculation:

Assuming this is an eastward route, and that TAR producers want to avoid Europe (including stopovers) as much as possible, perhaps teams will depart from South America and head to the Arabian Peninsula or Africa. From Sao Paulo, Rio or Buenos Aires, teams can fly direct to Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Doha in the Gulf, and Luanda, Addia Ababa, Casablanca and Johannesburg in Africa.

My speculation on countries that may be visited after Colombia: Guyana, Suriname and Uruguay

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #180 on: November 18, 2015, 04:11:33 AM »
Also, I think it is almost inevitable that there will be task involving Fernando Botero's art and sculptures when they are in Colombia. The Botero Museum should be featured.

Offline JSM

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #181 on: November 18, 2015, 06:13:39 AM »
Seriously, why would they avoid Europe and include the Middle East of all places, if we are talking about safety? This seems kind of like the reversed world. You are speaking as if Europe has turned in some kind of NO GO ZONE, as if we can't even have stop-overs here. Of course the terror threats have raised since last Friday, but that doesn't mean the situation has changed that drastically that Europe should be avoided and I find it laughable that the Middle East would all of a sudden be more safe than Europe...

Besides, I think it's virtually impossible to reach Africa/Middle East from South America, without stop-overs in Europe, unless you take a real big detour.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #182 on: November 18, 2015, 06:17:17 AM »
Seriously, why would they avoid Europe and include the Middle East of all places, if we are talking about safety? This seems kind of like the reversed world. You are speaking as if Europe has turned in some kind of NO GO ZONE, as if we can't even have stop-overs here. Of course the terror threats have raised since last Friday, but that doesn't mean the situation has changed that drastically that Europe should be avoided and I find it laughable that the Middle East would all of a sudden be more safe than Europe...

Besides, I think it's virtually impossible to reach Africa/Middle East from South America, without stop-overs in Europe, unless you take a real big detour.

Was Emirates not providing nonstop flight from Dubai as stopover to S. America?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #183 on: November 18, 2015, 06:23:09 AM »
@TAR456 Emirates offers direct flights to South America particularly Argentina and Brazil.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 06:32:04 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #184 on: November 18, 2015, 06:25:22 AM »

THIS!

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #185 on: November 18, 2015, 07:05:12 AM »

Indeed, the race between South America and Africa is possible.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #186 on: November 18, 2015, 07:55:45 AM »
I was thinking in terms of the hassle saved by avoiding Europe (e.g. being stuck at the airport for a longer period of time or other restrictions). The producers are also answerable to the crew and cast, as well as the loved ones of the crew and cast. Perhaps these people are less comfortable than us about possible visits to Europe (regardless of the threat levels of the specific country/city being visited).

Since Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Doha are major hubs, I guess they are also at the same risk level as other major cities, so maybe they will be avoided too?

I am not sure exactly how safe Luanda, Angola is, but if it is as safe or safer than Bogota, then I would like to see it being visited.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #187 on: November 18, 2015, 08:05:06 AM »
Then even USA is not a safe country tbh.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #188 on: November 18, 2015, 09:33:46 AM »
NO where in the world is "safe".

But TAR is known for its high level excellent security, so the racers are in good hands.

Natural disasters, plane crashes, unexpected political turmoil, task accidents have all been TAR risks since season 1.

We all have to trust that production will do all they can to ensure the safety of the crew and cast. Legs have been and can be changed as needed to adjust. So back to spoilers....

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Online RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #191 on: November 18, 2015, 04:47:30 PM »
and Dennis & Isabelle...

Offline Headhunter

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #192 on: November 18, 2015, 09:18:59 PM »
SurvivorSucks was able to figure out that the Pit Stop is Parque de Bolivar.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #193 on: November 18, 2015, 09:19:45 PM »
Safe so far
Cole and Sheri
Erin and Joslyn
Scott and Blair
Tyler and Korey
Jessica and Brittany- assuming it is pitstart

New video shows Cole and Sheri and Scott and Blair
Cole and Sheri finished ahead of Scott and Blair
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #194 on: November 18, 2015, 09:21:00 PM »
The live sighting with Phil and the instagram video show the same place? Is that Pitstop or Phil doing live stand-up?

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #195 on: November 18, 2015, 09:25:40 PM »
The live sighting with Phil and the instagram video show the same place? Is that Pitstop or Phil doing live stand-up?

Yes they are the same place. sucks is right to think that is Plaza Bolivar in Cartagena, Colombia. Is a square with threes surrounded by yellow columms and a not so tall railing.

Pic from google showing the entrance of Plaza Bolivar.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 09:33:46 PM by Vitoko »

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
« Reply #196 on: November 19, 2015, 12:08:25 AM »
is Colombia double leg or just one straight leg?

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #197 on: November 19, 2015, 12:15:10 AM »
is Colombia double leg or just one straight leg?

Don't know until the next leg starts ^^

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #198 on: November 19, 2015, 01:10:38 AM »
So no Bogotá?

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #199 on: November 19, 2015, 01:15:20 AM »
They may not avoid it, but i think they'll try countries that are more safe like the Scandinavia zone
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard