Author Topic: TAR 28 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**  (Read 306789 times)

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
Re: TAR 28 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**
« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2015, 06:21:05 PM »
Any idea who got eliminated?  Sure hope it wasn't any of the all-female teams!

Offline tennis33

• RFF Full Member
  • 🌎 🏃‍♂️ 🔥
« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2015, 07:09:18 PM »
Where will leg two take place

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #127 on: November 16, 2015, 07:13:32 PM »
Where will leg two take place

They just got to the Pitstop this morning. How can we know where they go next lol

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #128 on: November 16, 2015, 07:49:18 PM »
Since Leg 1 has ended...
... do we have results already? :)
... I think they'll stay in Mexico for Leg 2. ???

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #129 on: November 16, 2015, 07:59:34 PM »
Total Spec
In the lives, there were 4 taxis waiting. Cameron and Darius departed and took one. Assuming these are the only taxis left, Cameron and Darius are in 8th place.
On another note
Assuming teams already checked at this time, the team at the pitstop is on the lower end.
Assuming teams did not check in already, the team at the pitstop is on the higher end.

Thanks Xarles for the sightings!

Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #130 on: November 16, 2015, 08:10:56 PM »
Total Spec

Assuming teams already checked at this time, the team at the pitstop is on the lower end.
Assuming teams did not check in already, the team at the pitstop is on the higher end.

I have NO idea what this means? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #131 on: November 16, 2015, 08:28:07 PM »
In the Pit Stop pictures, I see Scott & Blair, the Father-Daughter team. They are the only ones wearing light gray

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #132 on: November 16, 2015, 08:48:49 PM »
Total Spec

I have NO idea what this means? ???

I think lower end= 7th-11th
Upper end= 1st-6th

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #133 on: November 16, 2015, 08:54:00 PM »
I think leg 1 had a extended Pit Stop, I assume they'll be heading to Europe in Leg 2.

Offline LeonardTheKoala

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #134 on: November 16, 2015, 09:54:00 PM »
Europe on the second leg? That means they are skipping South America this season  :gaah:

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #135 on: November 16, 2015, 10:13:25 PM »
Europe on the second leg? That means they are skipping South America this season  :gaah:

It's just a speculation, we won't know where they are going next until we spot them on site. But last time after they're going to Mexico (TAR 3), they're heading to Europe next. So I'm kinda speculating that they're gonna skip South America this season, also with the fact that in TAR 27 they'd gone to Brazil and Argentina for 3 legs. :)
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline tennis33

• RFF Full Member
  • 🌎 🏃‍♂️ 🔥
« Reply #136 on: November 16, 2015, 10:50:28 PM »
I think there will be one or two at most more legs before we leave the America's

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #137 on: November 17, 2015, 01:59:30 AM »
Maybe a new countries of Belize/Guatemala/Nicaragua/Caribbean countries or Cancun, Mexico/Costa Rica/Jamaica/Puerto Rico/Panama might revisited at leg 2, idk?

Honduras, El Salvador, Colombia and Venezuela was seems too dangerous for TARUS to visit.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline LeonardTheKoala

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #138 on: November 17, 2015, 02:22:42 AM »
Maybe a new countries of Belize/Guatemala/Nicaragua/Caribbean countries or Cancun, Mexico/Costa Rica/Jamaica/Puerto Rico/Panama might revisited at leg 2, idk?

Honduras, El Salvador, Colombia and Venezuela was seems too dangerous for TARUS to visit.

Uh you forgot Mexico, which is also dangerous due to the Mexican Drug War and various other drug trafficking syndicates, yet TAR 28 made a comeback to the country  :waves:

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #139 on: November 17, 2015, 08:44:28 AM »
I'm sorry to tell you this guys, but after running with the race for more than 24 hours in a row without sleep (not complaining, just best experience ever), discovering almost all locations (except for the Great Bulls of Fire) having had great fun, traveled almost 200 kms without previous notice in public transportation and being as exhausted as I am, when I come back to the forum and find lots of ill-informed comments on security of countries I have to make this statement.

The second most used language on the free internet is Spanish, and an internet-stars-based race couldn't miss (at least) one of the two most populous nations that speak Spanish, Mexico, never minding that it is in an "imaginary violence black list". Violence in Mexico is bad, unacceptable and happens in very remote areas of an enormous territory.

Mexico, at least, is free of terrorism, police doesn't kill our citizens and there are no massive school shootings. Yes, 47 students were killed in a confusing confrontation between police and drug traffickers in the remote town of Iguala last year, bad things happen everywhere, but that shouldn't be a justification to demonize a whole country and I am sure that The Race took that into consideration.

The true dangerous countries black list is the one measured in HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of deaths from terrorism in the largest cities, such as Paris, France; London, UK; Madrid, Spain; New York, USA and so on. But even worse than that is the countries black list where almost thousands of deaths happen at the hands of its own police or in massive school shootings all over.

Facts

Washington Post: On-duty police officers have shot and killed more than 700 people JUST THIS YEAR in the USA https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2015/09/17/on-duty-police-officers-have-shot-and-killed-more-than-700-people-this-year/ and this number doesn't account for school shootings.

Almost all of Europe is under a terrorism watch.

I'm not giving you any more facts because things must be clear enough by now and victims are to be respected and not plainly used as numbers in a discussion.

It is the US and European media (replicated all over the world) that have made a sport at demonizing Mexico for it so called "insecurity". I admire and respect TAR for having come back to Mexico after 25 seasons and am sure they are quite aware of facts and they do not mistake Mexico for Syria or Afghanistan.

I always pray that nothing happens to anyone and The Race when they are in terrorism-targeted countries. Police in Mexico has been famous for its corruption, but things change and they can only change for good after having hit rock bottom. I do not accept corrupt police and I would certainly accept less police forces that the numbers let me call assassins.

Lets make this the end of discrimination for countries and the celebration that the race is aware of it and just enjoy it as it will surprise us with its next destination, a first!

PS: None of the locations in Mexico City (DF) and Teotihuacan (MEX) were cordoned-off, surrounded by security forces or anything like that. I didn't see any security AT ALL. I already mentioned that in another post. And I am very happy that it all happened that way, even in the traditionally pick-pocket plagued Plaza Garibaldi (Mariachi Madness).

As you all saw, the Monument of the Revolution was lit in blue the night of the race and that was just part of how Mexico City felt that night, violence is simply not tolerated:

Mexico City, November 15/2015
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 09:17:06 AM by Xarles »

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #140 on: November 17, 2015, 09:17:47 AM »
^^ Definitely agree with you Xarles. Thanks for all your hard work providing us detailed info about Leg 1. I'm absolutely happy that Mexico gets another visit after 25 Seasons. A friend of mine went to Mexico last year and they never had a single problem. I'm curious if we'll get a second leg in Mexico like the one in Season 3 or maybe another Central American country, I remember there was a planned leg in Belize in Season 25 and was swapped with the U.S. Virgin Islands leg.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 09:26:40 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #141 on: November 17, 2015, 09:18:16 AM »
Actually, I have never known that Mexico is considered as dangerous by some countries. One of my friends just traveled to Mexico last month, too so I think it is a safe country.
I think unsafe countries are countries where there are wars, conflicts, disaster, disease... at the moment.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #142 on: November 17, 2015, 10:41:55 AM »
Xarles, don't let two comments get to you and your patriot soul sweetie..

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #143 on: November 17, 2015, 12:56:53 PM »
Thank you Xarles!! If I could sticky that post I would.

Ignorance is one thing, still we can all grow and learn. One of things I love best about the Amazing Race is how we all are constantly exposed to new places, new locations, new cultures, new foods, new traditions...the list is endless.

Right now mindless violence is endemic everywhere. EACH of us needs to educate ourselves, be open to new experiences and traditions.

The World is a small place really. We are all neighbors. Reach out, open your hearts, LOVE.

Person to Person,  we can each make a difference EVERY DAY.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: November 17, 2015, 01:15:25 PM »
I can't find anything on Twitter :( Surely leg 2 must be happening by now

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #145 on: November 17, 2015, 01:54:55 PM »
Maybe they are on a long bus ride to Cancun or Belize. Maybe the Monarch Butterfly Reserve near Mexico city.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #146 on: November 17, 2015, 02:17:25 PM »
Could that mean Kenyan  that make nervous another dangrous  country

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #147 on: November 17, 2015, 02:25:05 PM »
I asked him, waiting for an answer.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue

Offline foreverhoping

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #149 on: November 17, 2015, 04:09:43 PM »
Cuba, Cuba, Cuba.... Rolling a big ole fat one on Havana....