Author Topic: TAR 28 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**  (Read 307998 times)

Offline Vodka.

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 28 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**
« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2015, 04:15:42 AM »
can anyone tell me what are the detours about? Mariachi Madness and Great Bulls of Fire

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2015, 04:24:16 AM »
can anyone tell me what are the detours about? Mariachi Madness and Great Bulls of Fire

Mariachi Madness: Find a mariachi player only pretending to play in a giant crowd.

Great Bulls of Fire: Burn traditional Turitos (Mexican firework bulls).

Offline Vodka.

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2015, 04:27:27 AM »
burning traditional turritos..... seems easy to me... if we are talking about lighting up fireworks only

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2015, 04:31:18 AM »
I just wondering about something, after the last team left the live stream location, Phil said that he had to leave immediately to the next location/task location *cmiiw*. Now, let's say if there will be an HOO after Detour, why Phil needs to leave immediately knowing that teams will be staying for the rest of the night and explaining the tasks can be done in the next day?

Because of that, I speculate that the whole leg will be taking on that night, including the Pit Stop as well... Maybe someone with more info can correct me? :)
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Vodka.

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2015, 04:35:28 AM »
i think there won't be any HOO, and that leg might possibly end in dawn or something (presuming)

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #105 on: November 16, 2015, 04:37:21 AM »
Anyway, what's the local time in Mexico City when teams met Phil? Is it the same with US time?
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #106 on: November 16, 2015, 05:10:52 AM »
Mexico spans through four time zones and three of them (bordering the US) are divided into US DST rules and Mexican DST rules. Arizona (US) and Sonora (Mexico) states don't ever switch. The Federal District / Distrito Federal in which Mexico City, the capital city, is located is on Mexican Central Time which is almost always the same as US CST. Right now it is exactly the same as US CST. Mexico goes into Daylight Saving Time two weeks after the US and comes back two weeks before.

For now just use US CST for Mexico City and don't get confused! :-) Teams met Phil around 11pm.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: November 16, 2015, 06:14:43 AM »
What are the chances the early flight scramble involved teams starting from another Starting Line and then they made their own way to Mexico?

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #108 on: November 16, 2015, 11:54:52 AM »
I'm gladly surprised with the amount of tasks and places to the point that the premiere will be 90 minutes.  :conf:

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #109 on: November 16, 2015, 12:09:45 PM »
I love the leg being part at night, especially for the bulls of fire. Then we get to see some in the daylight too.
How hard finding the lone silent mariachi would be.

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #110 on: November 16, 2015, 12:38:03 PM »
I love the leg being part at night, especially for the bulls of fire. Then we get to see some in the daylight too.
How hard finding the lone silent mariachi would be.

We were there right next to about 500 mariachis playing (500 member band sounds better than any kind of technology!). They all stood in concentric circles making kind of pathways in between. Contestants had to go through the pathways making their way from the outside to the inside like if it was a spiral. How hard it was??? It was SO loud and so beautiful that unless you stuck your ear to the instrument there was no other way that you could tell if a certain instrument was making any sound!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #111 on: November 16, 2015, 12:41:24 PM »
Question about the flights mentioned in the timeline. Wasn't MIA the fourth city that some teams used to connection to Mexico City?
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2015, 01:03:24 PM »
Yes. DFW,LAX,ATL,MIA all confirmed
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2015, 01:12:40 PM »
Xarles, excellent spoilers thank you !!  :cheer: !!

Spec, what if the teams left from their home sorta Big Brother like  :colors ? Read on Facebook one families team stated that they were filmed departing from their home

Tonight you can see Cole and Sheri at 10:30 EST/9:30 CST..Amazing Race will have a behind the scenes of first leg of race LIVE from first country!! Go to this Facebook page of host Phil Keoghan to watch live!! Love my Fam!! They just filmed them in our house and departing...lots of emotion!! Pray for my Sheri and my Cole for safe return!!

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #114 on: November 16, 2015, 01:28:40 PM »
Diagram of Pit Stop at Plaza Carso at entrance to Jumex Museum with Soumaya Museum as background, Mexico City 9-10am.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2015, 01:45:23 PM »
So do we think that the race will go eastward or westward?

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #116 on: November 16, 2015, 01:50:22 PM »
Xarles, excellent spoilers thank you !!  :cheer: !!

Spec, what if the teams left from their home sorta Big Brother like  :colors ? Read on Facebook one families team stated that they were filmed departing from their home

Tonight you can see Cole and Sheri at 10:30 EST/9:30 CST..Amazing Race will have a behind the scenes of first leg of race LIVE from first country!! Go to this Facebook page of host Phil Keoghan to watch live!! Love my Fam!! They just filmed them in our house and departing...lots of emotion!! Pray for my Sheri and my Cole for safe return!!

It would be awesome!  :cheer:
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #117 on: November 16, 2015, 01:50:43 PM »
Diagram of Roadblock location

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #118 on: November 16, 2015, 02:10:10 PM »

I wouldn't put my money on crossing any ocean yet. Since I don't have any confirmation, I would certainly bet on the highlighted area, somewhere north of the Galápagos and south of Ontario, maybe on the Caribbean coastline...

Offline clemsonbeav

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #119 on: November 16, 2015, 02:30:15 PM »
Question about the flights mentioned in the timeline. Wasn't MIA the fourth city that some teams used to connection to Mexico City?

Allan Branstiter ‏@AllanBranstiter
I'm in line at LAX with a couple people who are on Amazing Race or something like that.
10:31 AM - 14 Nov 2015

Benjamin Beaver ‏@benjaminbeaver
@AllanBranstiter Any details?  Were these contestants?  Producers?
3:25 PM - 15 Nov 2015

@benjaminbeaver Two contestants (women in matching blue uniforms) and two cameramen. I think I saw another team later.
4:16 PM - 15 Nov 2015

@AllanBranstiter very cool thanks! Any idea where they were headed?
5:01 PM - 15 Nov 2015

@benjaminbeaver Miami...and maybe Alaska after that.
5:34 PM - 15 Nov 2015

So, except for the Alaska comment, everything else could check out...except for the timeline...why would he have seen them yesterday morning?  (Anyway...I'll save discussion for the other thread.)

Seems like the blue team was seen flying out of Atlanta...so maybe this poster was just lying (possible given the seemingly random Alaska comment), or didn't know where they were actually going.

If the filming in the house comment is correct, and assuming they were sequestered in LAX, perhaps they flew 'home' on the 14th out of sequestration (which is why this sighting) and then had the virtual start line on the 15th that morning.  IDK?

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: November 16, 2015, 02:39:38 PM »

I'm in line at LAX with a couple people who are on Amazing Race or something like that.
10:31 AM - 14 Nov 2015

@AllanBranstiter Any details?  Were these contestants?  Producers?
3:25 PM - 15 Nov 2015

@benjaminbeaver Two contestants (women in matching blue uniforms) and two cameramen. I think I saw another team later.
4:16 PM - 15 Nov 2015

@AllanBranstiter very cool thanks! Any idea where they were headed?
5:01 PM - 15 Nov 2015

@benjaminbeaver Miami...and maybe Alaska after that.
5:34 PM - 15 Nov 2015

So, except for the Alaska comment, everything else could check out...except for the timeline...why would he have seen them yesterday morning?  (Anyway...I'll save discussion for the other thread.)

Seems like the blue team was seen flying out of Atlanta...so maybe this poster was just lying (possible given the seemingly random Alaska comment), or didn't know where they were actually going.

If the filming in the house comment is correct, and assuming they were sequestered in LAX, perhaps they flew 'home' on the 14th out of sequestration (which is why this sighting) and then had the virtual start line on the 15th that morning.  IDK?

I'm confused how starting at the team's homes would even begin to work for the "best friends teams" who clearly don't live together. As a matter of fact, the Instagram models live on seperate coasts. Perhaps they did film something at "home" for promotion but a lot is being made of the idea not everyone was spotted in LAX therefore we must have just ditched the starting line.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: November 16, 2015, 02:54:38 PM »
Could be something like what Israel 4 did.

Half the teams started and ran part of a leg in one place, half in another, eventually converging at the same Pit Stop. Since Phil obviously can't be in 4 places at once, maybe he kicked off the race via video link.

Offline tennis33

• RFF Full Member
  • 🌎 🏃‍♂️ 🔥
« Reply #122 on: November 16, 2015, 03:31:46 PM »
Eastern. If ****

future spoiler removed
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 05:34:28 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #123 on: November 16, 2015, 04:33:55 PM »
The team in the pitstop pic looks like Scott and Blair.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #124 on: November 16, 2015, 06:18:19 PM »

Mariachi Madness: Find a mariachi player only pretending to play in a giant crowd.

Great Bulls of Fire: Burn traditional Turitos (Mexican firework bulls).

I'd have gone for Great Bulls of Fire.  I love mariachi music but finding a mariachi player only pretending to play in a giant crowd would be harder than burning traditional turitos.  Hopefully the turitos were merely paper-mashie bulls and not actual bulls.