Author Topic: TAR 28 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**  (Read 306633 times)

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 28 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**
« Reply #975 on: April 15, 2016, 01:03:06 AM »
http://www.cbs.com/shows/2016-finales/photos/1006040/all-of-the-season-finale-and-premiere-dates-you-need-to-know/106031/the-amazing-race-season-28-finale-airs-on-friday-may-13-at-8-7c-/?session=a

In the Season 28 finale episode of The Amazing Race, the final three teams will travel from Shenzen, China, to Santa Barbara, California, for the 1 million dollar prize. During the final leg of the Race, they'll face a gut-wrenching leap of faith, jump off a building that's over 150-feet high, and perform the harrowing task of synchronized mountaineering. Phil Keoghan will host the heart-pounding event.

What the hell is synchronised mountaineering? ???

It's mountaineering together following a pattern, I don't know. Just Google it.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #976 on: April 15, 2016, 02:36:48 AM »
I wouldn't have asked if google was any help :lol:

Kinda odd to be mountaineering in Santa Barbara when we already had a whole leg of it in Chamonix though.

Offline katrarinka

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #977 on: April 16, 2016, 06:09:16 AM »
I love all final 3 teams. I think Tyler and Korey won, because they are the strongest of the 3 teams, and the dancers who also are strong have a bad edit. I cannot see Sheri and Cole winning, Sheri slows Cole down, I love her, but its true. I cannot see them be faster then the other 2 teams, a lot of challenges are phissical and also the non physical are great for Tyler nad Korey. I think they have a good edit too.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #978 on: April 16, 2016, 08:15:20 AM »
It's a tossup between Sheri & Cole and Tyler & Korey... The latter have had this really positive middle of the road edit throughout, so they could be one of those winners everyone just sees as a cute, positive team. Though they've started to annoy me a bit... :lol: But Sheri & Cole have got a really strong edit too, they are very inspirational (mostly Sheri) and have a cute relationship. Plus Sheri's very vocal on facebook, so maybe that's a sign ;D But she might be just as happy for making F3.

BTW, if Sheri & Cole somehow manage to beat Zachel, Team Rooster and Brodie & Kurt (!) and make it to the F3, they definitely shouldn't be underestimated.. :P Who knows what can happen in the finals, hell, even Josh & Brent won, and right know the edit isn't giving away a clear winner.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #979 on: April 16, 2016, 08:17:53 AM »
Something I noticed is that teams with the biggest/OTT edit don't normally win. Brook & Claire, Gary & Mallory, Jaymes & James ( ??? ), Adam & Bethany, Justin & Diana...

Imo, it all comes down to who's being played a little more lowkey (if that makes sense) or who's a little less OTT

Right now, I think Tyler & Korey are winning. I'd say Sheri & Cole but I remember I thought Mike & Rochelle were gonna win :funny:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 08:22:18 AM by RaceUntilWeDie »

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #980 on: April 16, 2016, 08:57:50 AM »
Adam & Bethany was OTT???

So if the spoiler is true, Burnie & Ashley will be in the second place next two legs in Indonesia :(

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #981 on: April 16, 2016, 09:34:08 AM »
So if the spoiler is true, Burnie & Ashley will be in the second place next two legs in Indonesia :(

I don't know where I'm missing this. :ascared Kindly lead me to the source.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #982 on: April 16, 2016, 09:37:50 AM »

There is a spoiler that the team was eliminated in China winning the most second place. It seems to be Burnie & Ashley who won 3 second places in a row.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #983 on: April 16, 2016, 09:40:35 AM »

There is a spoiler that the team was eliminated in China winning the most second place. It seems to be Burnie & Ashley who won 3 second places in a row.

Ouch. :pity If that's the case, I wanna see them get a 2nd chance and then get at least 1 win.
This reminds me so much of Jet & Yna from TARPh2.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #984 on: April 16, 2016, 11:00:37 AM »
Adam & Bethany was OTT???
For me, yeah. Their whole edit was Bethany being inspiring and them being in love and having 0 flaws

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #985 on: April 16, 2016, 11:08:54 AM »
Yup, Adam & Bethany were predominantly OTTP :tup:

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #986 on: April 16, 2016, 12:18:28 PM »
I bet there is a U-Turn in leg 10 and Tyler and Korey use it on Brodie and Kurt, not only eliminating them but also completing their story with each other.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #987 on: April 16, 2016, 01:04:28 PM »
Another 1st place for Kurt & Brodie. Knowing they're going home at some point, it's certainly going to come as a surprise to those who don't know.

Offline Deerhunter

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #988 on: April 16, 2016, 02:02:51 PM »
I love all final 3 teams. I think Tyler and Korey won, because they are the strongest of the 3 teams, and the dancers who also are strong have a bad edit. I cannot see Sheri and Cole winning, Sheri slows Cole down, I love her, but its true. I cannot see them be faster then the other 2 teams, a lot of challenges are phissical and also the non physical are great for Tyler nad Korey. I think they have a good edit too.
Tyler and Korey's edit reminds me of Brook and Claire's edit from season 17.They make it really far but fall short.

Offline katrarinka

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #989 on: April 16, 2016, 03:48:30 PM »
Tyler and Korey's edit reminds me of Brook and Claire's edit from season 17.They make it really far but fall short.

I dont think so. But we will see. MY bet: 1. Tyler, Korey .... 2. Dancers .... 3. Cole and Mum ..... It would be just luck when Cole and Mum would win, I love them, but how can they win? A lot of roadblocks were difficult for Sheri. And the Dancers just dont have a winners edit, but there is a possibility -  its similar with Kendra and Freddy, so it is possible that they won.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #990 on: April 16, 2016, 08:56:42 PM »
Another 1st place for Kurt & Brodie. Knowing they're going home at some point, it's certainly going to come as a surprise to those who don't know.

I thought of that too. I'm still wondering how Brodie & Kurt will fall / fell behind on Leg 10. ???

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #991 on: April 16, 2016, 09:02:18 PM »

I thought of that too. I'm still wondering how Brodie & Kurt will fall / fell behind on Leg 10. ???
Perhaps a cryptic clue a la Andy & Tommy? :lol: But I was wondering this too! A simple U-Turn doesn't make sense unless the Detour is really hard orrr

Maybe a Roadblock that Brodie would struggle in--these teams would be smart enough to not help him.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #992 on: April 17, 2016, 02:49:02 AM »

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/amazing-race/listings/

Looks one of the teams that makes the Final 3 doesn't win a leg prior to the final leg so that is either Sheri & Cole or Burnie & Ashley at this point in time.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #993 on: April 17, 2016, 03:03:55 AM »
With the F3 spoiled, that must be Sheri & Cole.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #994 on: April 17, 2016, 03:32:54 AM »
or it might as well be a random racer saying "we've won legs, but this is the only first that matters"

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #995 on: April 17, 2016, 06:02:39 AM »
or it might as well be a random racer saying "we've won legs, but this is the only first that matters"

Possible too.

What SamuelDude might've meant is that the quote fits more for someone who hasn't won a leg. :grins:

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #996 on: April 17, 2016, 07:31:16 AM »
I think that quote means that only first place matters, second and third are the same. It's not something like only last leg matters.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #997 on: April 17, 2016, 08:58:16 AM »
Yall are looking too much into this it's literally someone saying that the final leg is the only first that matters because of the million. I can see Sheri or Cole saying it in excitement, but anyone can say it.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #998 on: April 17, 2016, 09:04:02 AM »
Yall are looking too much into this it's literally someone saying that the final leg is the only first that matters because of the million. I can see Sheri or Cole saying it in excitement, but anyone can say it.
+

I think that quote means that only first place matters, second and third are the same. It's not something like only last leg matters.
It's exactly that.
Look at the formulation - "The only first that matters", as in other first places on other legs don't matter. It's not "Only first [place] matters", which would mean that 2nd or 3rd place is no accomplishment.

Offline Deerhunter

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #999 on: April 17, 2016, 09:24:38 AM »
I am going to go out on a limb and say whoever says the finale quote will likely win the season.The finale quote didn't really give away who won last season but it pretty much implied Justin and Diana didn't win.