Author Topic: Amazing Race 28 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go Here! **please read post 1**  (Read 170628 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
This Finale has been a Labor of Love for all involved.

It is with great joy we can FINALLY bring you all the locations!

You know of course that OvalOrange  brought us the initial LA location. And  Leafs confirmed it.

FIRST STOP!!

Angelus Plaza: 245 South Hill Street (thank you to OVAL!!)

Yellow Helicopter circling  overhead

THREE Helicopters Waiting ATOP THREE of the BUILDINGS

That let Chateau become a "fly in the sky" and snag us some LIVE shots as it happened!

Thumbnails: clickclick!

Teams departed via Helicopters.

Yes.

Matt's jump was at 9:26 am.
Sheri's jumps were at 9:33, 9:42, and 9:51 am
No jump info on the third Team (it was out of view).

The first helicopter left at 9:36 am.
The second helicopter left at 9:59 am.
The third helicopter left at 10:06 am.

Then CandiLee brought us the first Santa Barbara news!!

this guy says they are at his work filming, Santa Barbara Airport

So...what happened next??  ??? ???

Stay tuned!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Teams did indeed fly to the Santa Barbara Airport.

(Helicopter info confirmed by Slowhatch's secret powers)!

There they entered TAXIS and traveled to a Santa Barbara dock.

We were sadly unable to 100% confirm this actual location, but the likeliest is The Santa Barbara Harbor, possibly Stearns Wharf.

http://www.stearnswharf.org/

There teams had to find a marked boat to obtain their next clue.

Interestingly...that Sunday was the Christmas boat parade. Hope we see a XMAS decorated boat!
:hearts:

Any errors will be mine....

« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 07:42:04 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
The REST of the Locations are SOLELY the work of the incredible Slowhatch, who invested hours of research and footwork to confirm every detail!

And confirmed they are!!

:tu :tu :tu
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TEAMS then proceeded by TAXI to.....

Gibraltar Rock which is in Rattlesnake Canyon which is next to Gibraltar Road. It is a well known rock climbing site(follow the link).

We had 3 pieces of confirming evidence of this.

The first was a delightful post, shared here by permission.
[/b]

Speaking of the usefulness of my little HAM radio... We went up to camp at the hot springs this weekend, and OTW back down there was a major production going on at Gibraltar rock, with a zipline setup from the top of the rock to the other side of the mountain, downhill skateboarders, and mountain bikers. Looked like a major commercial being filmed. As we passed the turnout by the rock, one of the tech/grip looking guys flagged me down and asked if I had a way to communicate with the paragliders who were flying the canyon, to let them know a helicopter was coming in shortly to film this zipline stunt. I know that the paragliders use HAM radios as comms up there, so I called a buddy who flies and asked him for the frequency, got one of the pilots on the radio, and let them know the bird was coming. They were stoked to have been given the heads-up, the production crew was stoked, and I was ecstatic that I was able to use the little Baofeng to help these guys out. HAM Radio FTMFW!

fishfinder, Dec 7, 2015

The second was from Stephen Lewis, a professional photographer who just happened to be biking by.

He came across the filming site also. Photos used by permission.

Instagram

I spoke extensively with both men. Sadly both were a bit early for the actual filming, but both confirmed all the set up details you see.

Slowhatch found the shot location: approx. here, above the rock.

All filming details confirmed.

We also know THIS:

The Amazing Race Season 28 finale airs on Friday, May 13 at 8/7c.
In the Season 28 finale episode of The Amazing Race, the final three teams will travel from Shenzen, China, to Santa Barbara, California, for the 1 million dollar prize. During the final leg of the Race, they'll face a gut-wrenching leap of faith, jump off a building that's over 150-feet high, and perform the harrowing task of synchronized mountaineering. Phil Keoghan will host the heart-pounding event.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/2016-finales/photos/1006040/all-of-the-season-finale-and-premiere-dates-you-need-to-know/106031/the-amazing-race-season-28-finale-airs-on-friday-may-13-at-8-7c-/?session=a

So what exactly is "synchronized mountaineering"??

Teams will be harnessed together in a setup where they each have to work together in order to move forward.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Teams then proceeded to the FINAL LOCATION!

GRASSINI VINEYARDS

Based on documented timing, we do believe that there was a MEMORY TASK INVOLVED!! :yess:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Complete ROUTE INFO:

MAP BY SLOWHATCH!!

MAP

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Again, I am so PROUD of our DETECTIVE TEAM and all our worldwide MEMBERS who devoted time and energy to our wonderful world of spoiling!!!!

From start to finish everyone has contributed, so THANK YOU ALL!!

Stay tuned for the next BIG Update...which will be our TAR DETECTIVE TEAM! Someday before long!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 08:12:48 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Thank you Slowhatch   :waves: and all that contributed to the sightings , you know who you are :gj: