Author Topic: Most Geographically Challenged Teams  (Read 8628 times)

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Most Geographically Challenged Teams
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2016, 09:22:53 AM »
I am interested in geography and has been reading atlas book since I was 7 or less. Also, I sometimes like to draw some fantasy maps on HVS paper with pen.

Same same! Accurately describes me too! :colors

Me too! I think are interests in the Amazing Race correlate with love of Geography/Travel. 

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2016, 11:29:26 AM »
I am interested in geography and has been reading atlas book since I was 7 or less. Also, I sometimes like to draw some fantasy maps on HVS paper with pen.

Same same! Accurately describes me too! :colors

Me too! I think are interests in the Amazing Race correlate with love of Geography/Travel.

Indeed! :hrt: TAR is such a wonderful influencer! :luvya:

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2016, 03:13:42 PM »
If it wasnt for S25 i would have never visited Singapore and if it wasn't for S27 i would have never had wanted to go to Victoria Falls!

We're off subject now  :funny:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2016, 08:20:07 AM »
Brittany the Instagram model's "What country is Switzerland in?" quote wins.

I have to say TAR has had an exceptional influence for my love of geography and traveling. The show has taught me more about how to pinpoint cities, countries, and landmarks on a map than any school has ever done. The fact that the show travels to beautiful cities I have never before heard of such as, more recently, Chamonix and Valletta, makes me believe there are hidden gems everywhere even in the most unlikely places. Plus, the routes for the show are usually more exciting for vacationing than typical (boring) guided tours.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 08:23:43 AM by RachelLeVega »
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2016, 08:57:07 AM »
I have to say TAR has had an exceptional influence for my love of geography and traveling. The show has taught me more about how to pinpoint cities, countries, and landmarks on a map than any school has ever done. The fact that the show travels to beautiful cities I have never before heard of such as, more recently, Chamonix and Valletta, makes me believe there are hidden gems everywhere even in the most unlikely places. Plus, the routes for the show are usually more exciting for vacationing than typical (boring) guided tours.

True. This is what makes me think TAR is educational in a way.

Offline ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2016, 12:49:25 PM »
So, how many teams will not know about Armenia and/or Georgia?  I could see one team confusing Georgia with the U.S. state.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2016, 08:01:45 PM »
The Kardashians are from Armenia so I think these people would know where Armenia is lol j/k

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2016, 08:31:44 AM »
So, how many teams will not know about Armenia and/or Georgia?  I could see one team confusing Georgia with the U.S. state.
I only know of Armenia because Charla & Mirna are Armenian, so I predict: all of them until the end of the leg there. :)
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2016, 09:10:32 AM »
I'm currently watching TAR Aus 1.

Sam & Renae

"We're going to Hong Kong."
"What's that? I've never been there."
"Where is it?"
"I don't really know."
"In Singapore?"