Author Topic: The TAR Report Card  (Read 23447 times)

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The TAR Report Card
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2015, 07:40:32 AM »
Tar 27:

1. B
2. C-
3. C+
4. B
5. A-
6. B+
7. C+
8. B
9. A-
10. C-
11. A
12. A

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2016, 08:59:54 PM »
One more because I got bored again.

TAR21:

Leg 1 (China): D
Leg 2 (Indonesia): D+
Leg 3 (Indonesia): D-
Leg 4 (Bangladesh): D
Leg 5 (Bangladesh): F
Leg 6 (Turkey): D-
Leg 7 (Russia): C-
Leg 8 (Russia): C+
Leg 9 (Netherlands): D
Leg 10 (Spain): F
Leg 11 (France): B-
Leg 12 (USA): A-

Final Season Grade: D-

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2016, 08:21:32 PM »
While it's fresh:

TAR28:
Leg 1: B+
Leg 2: A
Leg 3: B+

Offline JohnYiu

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2016, 09:29:26 PM »
TAR27:

Leg 1 (Brazil): D
  • Terrible Detour
Leg 2 (Argentina): B
  • The Detour was poorly designed (that statue pieces task sucks, other one was fine)
  • The tango Roadblock was challenging and fun to watch
Leg 3 (Argentina): C-
  • The Detour was below average
  • The elimination result was disappointing
  • The Roadblock was okay
Leg 4 (Zambia & Zimbabwe): F
  • Double leg after U-turn was bad
  • Terrible tasks setting
Leg 5 (Zimbabwe): C+
  • One of the task on Detour was poorly designed (the feeding crocodiles one)
  • Interesting and challenging task before the Pit Stop
Leg 6 (France): A-
  • Tasks were good, especially the Drops Mic one
  • Double leg was a good setting on this leg
Leg 7 (The Netherlands): C-
  • Decent tasks, intense last place fighting
Leg 8 (Poland): C+
  • Decent tasks
  • Pit Stop location was too close from the Roadblock
Leg 9 (India): B+
  • Good tasks setting, but the Speed Bumb was too harsh
Leg 10 (India): C
  • The Detour was below average
Leg 11 (Hong Kong & Macau): A
  • Dramatic, decent tasks, intense finish
Leg 12 (Long Island, USA): B+
  • Numerous memory tasks but not challenging enough
  • Cab drama

The cast: A

Final Season Grade: C+

Offline Ozzymayhem4

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2016, 02:31:17 AM »
TAR 6:

Leg 01 - (Iceland): B
  • De-Tour was fun to watch.
  • No Roadblock.
  • Airports!

Leg 02 - (Norway): A
  • Good team drama.
  • Great De-Tour and fun Roadblock.
  • Penaltys.
  • Overall Dramatic.

Leg 03 - (Sweden): A+
  • IKEAAAAAAAAA!
  • Memorable Roadblock.
  • Sad elimination.
  • Dramatic.

Leg 04 - (Senegal): A
  • Difficult Leg
  • Saved likable team
  • Best overachieving moment
  • Exciting

Leg 05 - (Germany): B-
  • Gus was hilarious.
  • Gus was emotional.
  • "The Shove" kinda ruined it.
  • Good leg design.

Leg 06 - (Hungary): A++
  • First Roadblock was fun to watch.
  • De-Tour was awesome to watch.
  • Lori & Bolo so far behind.
  • Lori & Bolo take the Fast Forward and come first!
  • Freddy freaking out at other team.s
  • Second De-Tour was meh.
  • Best Roadblock in history!
  • Freddy eats his puke. :hearts:
  • Awesome team goes home.  :(
  • Drama!

Leg 07 - (France): C
  • Hilarious Fast Forward :funny:
  • Meh De-Tour.
  • Jonathan & Victoria

Leg 08 - (Ethiopia): A+
  • ETHIOPIAAAAA!
  • Victoria hurts herself
  • De-Tour was great.
  • Culturally is was awesome!
  • Yield was dramatic!
  • Cool Roadblock.
  • Death to Jonathan & Victoria

Leg 09 - (Sri Lanka): A-
  • Runnan!
  • Awesome De-Tour!
  • Roadblock was Awesome!
  • Fatal mistake.
  • Swimming Pool.  :luvya:
  • Good team eliminated.

Leg 10 - (China): C-
  • Payback Yield!
  • Meh Roadblock.
  • Meh De-Tour.

Leg 11 - (China 2.0): A-
  • De-Tour...
  • Secong greatest Roadblock ever!
  • Proposal :luvya:
  • Dramatic
  • Good team eliminated

Leg 12 - (US of A): B
  • Hawaii :cheer:
  • De-Tour on final leg
  • Sykdiving was meh
  • Back to Chicago
  • Pizza eating... Really?
  • Horrible winners...

The cast: A

Overall Report: A

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2016, 08:22:25 PM »
While it's fresh:

TAR28:

Updating this while it's fresh.
Leg 4: B+

The 3 B+'s could've been A's or A-'s.
Leg 1 had a messy editing at the beginning, while also looking crammed.
Leg 3 had a boring start.
Leg 4 had a dull end.
They were still great episodes though, which is why B+ is what I think of those episodes. :hrt:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2016, 10:26:11 AM »
Leg 4 is like a C- for me.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2016, 11:37:38 AM »
I wasn't ever going to do this because I didn't wanna do it without some sort of grading system. I'll just think about how much I liked the tasks and if the teams provided enough entertainment/drama :lol:

TAR 28
Leg 01: B+
Show content
Cool Detour and Roadblock in the same first leg boosts this episode by a LOT. And somehow the teams were well-developed--I think that's because of the short opening scene--which dragged this episode down a bit for me.

Leg 02: A-
Show content
Better Detour but the Roadblock was pretty straightforward. Thankfully, there was enough entertainment from the teams and suspense provided by Marty & Hagan and Darius & Cameron. Only a LITTLE better than Leg 1.

Leg 03: B+
Show content
OK Detour and I actually really loved the Roadblock. The first half of this episode is a flat B or even B-, but the second half of the episode helped boost it to a B+ :hearts: Favorite race to the finish in a while between Zach & Rachel and Darius & Cameron.

Leg 04: B-
Show content
The most balanced Detour so far and a Roadblock that requires both mental and physical strength. That's good--but the teams really messed it up for me with the ridiculous helping :( Annnd then production had to stick that train ride to France at the end

Leg 05: C
Show content
This leg was so boring. I don't think I watched the entirety of it yet because it was so boring.

Leg 06: C+
Show content
Awesome theater task that wasn't finished in 2 minutes by every single team. OK Detour, boring Roadblock.

Leg 07: A
Show content
Really good Detour with relevant tasks--balanced as a bonus! I don't usually like dance challenges but this one was fun--way better than dancing on the wall like in Season 27 :res: Teams delivered and I can't find anything to complain about, other than the elimination.

Leg 08: B
Show content
OK Detour, cool Roadblock, Poseidon's Revenge was a nice touch. Speaking of nice touches--self driving! Added a lot of drama which boosted the episode overall.

Leg 09: B
Show content
OK Route Info task, both Roadblocks were actually good! Rowing to the Pit Stop was a good touch as well. Overall a pretty physical leg. Despite some good tasks, the teams actually didn't deliver too much, which was a shame.

Leg 10:
Leg 11:
Leg 12:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 03:19:08 PM by RaceUntilWeDie »

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2016, 10:30:02 PM »
This is just for recency purposes! :tup:

TAR28:

Leg 1: A- (I really loved it! The worst part was honestly the first ten minutes with the dumb home start and the OTT-ness of these teams about their social media following but then other than that it was easily the best premiere in a long long time. Easy A+ had it not been for the start.)

Leg 2: B- (I thought it was just alright. I had a hard time following things at the Detour though and I wasn't a fan of the linearity of the leg =/ )

Leg 3: B+ (Meh start, AMAZING second half. The teams right after Sheri & Cole finished the task all delivered and it was such an entertaining episode. Transformed a C- episode to a B+.)

Leg 4: D- (It felt like a TAR24 remake and the only thing saving this episode was the tasks =/ )

Leg 5: F (lol.)

Leg 6: A- (Aside from a meh Roadblock, forced #Blodie, and Tyler finally being insufferable, easily the best of the season!)

Leg 7: A (It just got better lol. Amazing leg, excellent tasks, crappy boot =/)

Leg 8: B (I wasn't a big fan of the leg, but it was pretty tense, self-driving was good, and Dana's meltdowns saved it.)

Leg 9: B- (It was ok!)

Leg 10: D+ (It sucked!)

Leg 11: A- (It was great!)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 08:37:31 AM by gamerfan09 »

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2016, 05:35:43 AM »
TAR 28:

leg 1: A- ( yeah first 10 Minutes was not too fun but afterward <333333333, detour and roadblock on first leg <333 scott <33 Teams except Tyler/Korey and Darius Cameron <33 mess at detour <333 )

leg 2: A- (roadblock and detour is worth to watch, Blair glamness <333 )

leg 3: B ( the last half of TAR is just <3333 the task was yeah good, just good, but last 30 minutes was that why  we miss so much of old TAR ... really intense and suspenful. .. <3333 )

leg 4: B- (the task was great but too bad the intense was gone in last minutes since we had already known who was eliminated... i like the idea of having pit stop in another country. .. just dislike the result )

leg 5: B- ( actually this leg was decent in term of extremely tasks and great scenery from Mt. Blanc itself. but yeah had this leg was a self-driving leg and not-too-linear leg, it would have been stepped up into a great one)

leg 6: B ( a good debut, Armenia! this leg was suprisingly fun (and heartwrenching :( ) leg... the ARI was suprisingly hillarious, detour was really solid... the RB was under my expectation (i though it would have been a great draining task but...) but Sheri's :( ... glad it was a TBC leg... like the idea of rewarding the express pass in this leg rather than first leg which tend to be borimg actually....

leg 7: A ( another great debut!!! really intense from start of the leg<333 highly applause for RB and Detour and their cultural relevance <333 zach  and Rachel's  first win <333 Georgia itseof it amazing!! intense fighting-for-last editing but surely a dissapointing result </3 really worthful to re-watch )

leg 8: B

Leg 9: A (as a Indonesian, i'm very happy and enjoyed this leg... best Indonesian leg so far and a top-tier leg (tied with Gerogian leg ) so far this season)

Leg 10: B (am I only one who did enjoy this leg? :lol: actually the detour was good, the RB was linear but I think it's fine... the u-turn drama :lol: <3 )

Leg 11:A- ( really good penultimate leg <3 altough all the tasks were culturally irrelevant, but still presented Shenzen and its daily life as well. the RB was great with geographical challenge + frantic run <333 detour was good, I really like the unicycle task but painting was boring though, but it somehow balanced and challenging too... the last 15 minutes editing <333333 )
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 06:59:59 PM by rafael02 »
what might have been

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2016, 08:45:30 AM »
Updated for TAR28:
Leg 5: B
Leg 6: B-

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2016, 11:32:46 PM »
TAR7:
Leg 1 (Peru): B
Leg 2 (Chile): C+
Leg 3 (Argentina): A
Leg 4 (Argentina): B-
Leg 5 (South Africa): B
Leg 6 (Botswana): A-
Leg 7 (Botswana): C
Leg 8 (India): A
Leg 9 (Turkey): C
Leg 10 (UK): B
Leg 11 (Jamaica): B
Leg 12 (Puerto Rico/USA): A+

Final Season Grade: A-
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Ozzymayhem4

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2016, 01:18:35 AM »
TAR 28:
Leg 1: (United States - Mexico) C-
The virtual starting line was kind of weird to watch knowing their was no official starting line. The De-Tour was lopsided in my opinion and boring. The roadblock was okay, it's a bit sad though because the only reason this roadblock was enjoyable because of the team members stupidity. The leg being non-elimination was fine to me because obviously they wouldn't want to get rid of the players so fast if it's to earn more ratings. Overall it fell short.

Leg 2: (Mexico - Colombia) B+
A new country visit always makes it better, they tasks felt kind of squished, but both the roadblock and De-Tour was entertaining because of the difficulty and bickering between Dana & Matt. Seeing Mart & Hagan's struggle to make it to their taxi as Darius & Cameron drove by was great. Overall it was entertaining but not necessarily good design.

Leg 3: (Colombia) A
They continued racing through Cartagena which was kind of annoying, because I think they could have spent more time in a different city. The De-Tour was really cool though, because I felt as if they actually tried to demonstrate the culture of the city. The ticket De-Tour choice was great to watch but the Tejo one looked way easier. The roadblock is what made it entertaining, their was a lot of scrambling around and help and betrayal of helping teams, which led to a extremely climatic finish to the pit stop. Overall, the roadblock and de-tour were both good and the design of the leg and drama made it great.

Leg 4: (Colombia - Switzerland - France) D-
Switzerland is a very overused country, but the city hadn't been visited in a while which was cool. The De-Tour however was extremely boring, the choice was between making Swiss army knifes and sitting on a long bench, so that was not entertaining at all. The roadblock turned out to be even worse having all these teams work together and then excluding someone. The pit stop being in France was kind of climatic at the start, but turned out to be a very predictable ending. Overall bad leg design and boring drama.

Leg 5: (France) F
This leg was an absolute failure, pretty to look at, but boring and easy tasks, predictable finish and may be the worst legs ever (TAR 24 not included). Overall this leg had bad design, boring drama and they tried to coin #blodie so much.

Leg 6: (France - Armenia) B+
Another new country on the list which is cool, another one of the Caucasus countries, which haven't been visited in a while. The leg started off okay with the whole theater searching task, and Tyler and Korey falling into the back of the pack  :yess:. The lavash De-Tour was great to watch, because it showcased the culture, but the carpet one was pretty dull. cool locations like The Cascade and Mount Ararat were visited. The roadblock was dramatic and Sheri breaking down was fun. Continue racing is okay, don't really care. Overall the leg had fairly good design and showcased Armenian culture.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2016, 04:35:30 PM »
TAR 28:
Leg 1: (United States - Mexico) C-
The virtual starting line was kind of weird to watch knowing their was no official starting line. The De-Tour was lopsided in my opinion and boring. The roadblock was okay, it's a bit sad though because the only reason this roadblock was enjoyable because of the team members stupidity. The leg being non-elimination was fine to me because obviously they wouldn't want to get rid of the players so fast if it's to earn more ratings. Overall it fell short.

Leg 2: (Mexico - Colombia) B+
A new country visit always makes it better, they tasks felt kind of squished, but both the roadblock and De-Tour was entertaining because of the difficulty and bickering between Dana & Matt. Seeing Mart & Hagan's struggle to make it to their taxi as Darius & Cameron drove by was great. Overall it was entertaining but not necessarily good design.

Leg 3: (Colombia) A
They continued racing through Cartagena which was kind of annoying, because I think they could have spent more time in a different city. The De-Tour was really cool though, because I felt as if they actually tried to demonstrate the culture of the city. The ticket De-Tour choice was great to watch but the Tejo one looked way easier. The roadblock is what made it entertaining, their was a lot of scrambling around and help and betrayal of helping teams, which led to a extremely climatic finish to the pit stop. Overall, the roadblock and de-tour were both good and the design of the leg and drama made it great.

Leg 4: (Colombia - Switzerland - France) D-
Switzerland is a very overused country, but the city hadn't been visited in a while which was cool. The De-Tour however was extremely boring, the choice was between making Swiss army knifes and sitting on a long bench, so that was not entertaining at all. The roadblock turned out to be even worse having all these teams work together and then excluding someone. The pit stop being in France was kind of climatic at the start, but turned out to be a very predictable ending. Overall bad leg design and boring drama.

Leg 5: (France) F
This leg was an absolute failure, pretty to look at, but boring and easy tasks, predictable finish and may be the worst legs ever (TAR 24 not included). Overall this leg had bad design, boring drama and they tried to coin #blodie so much.

Leg 6: (France - Armenia) B+
Another new country on the list which is cool, another one of the Caucasus countries, which haven't been visited in a while. The leg started off okay with the whole theater searching task, and Tyler and Korey falling into the back of the pack  :yess:. The lavash De-Tour was great to watch, because it showcased the culture, but the carpet one was pretty dull. cool locations like The Cascade and Mount Ararat were visited. The roadblock was dramatic and Sheri breaking down was fun. Continue racing is okay, don't really care. Overall the leg had fairly good design and showcased Armenian culture.

A lot of people say this which bugs me  :<3 Leg 2 wasn't really in Cartagena, Apart from the Pitstop. The leg was more rural in the small towns of Santa Catalina & Manzanillo del Mar and Leg 3 focused on the old city of Cartagena.
Also an F for leg 5! I mean it was linear but it wasn't that bad, if that was an F would you give S26 ep1 a U  :funny:. Anyway the ending I thought was amazing.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2016, 07:23:53 PM »
Leg 5 was such an awful leg, can TAR just stop trying to go to snowy mountains?

Chamonix was beautiful but it was meh as a leg.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2016, 05:13:27 AM »
The location is part of my criteria in rating/grading a leg, IMHO. :)

Also an F for leg 5! I mean it was linear but it wasn't that bad, if that was an F would you give S26 ep1 a U  :funny:. Anyway the ending I thought was amazing.
:funny: :funny: :funny:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2016, 08:22:00 PM »
Updated for TAR28:
Leg 7: A (edited)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 08:08:07 AM by Platrium »

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2016, 08:32:16 PM »
TAR 28:
Leg 1: A
Leg 2: B+
Leg 3: B
Leg 4: C
Leg 5: C
Leg 6: A
Leg 7: A+
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2016, 08:09:49 AM »
I can't believe I gave Leg 7 an A-. :groan: It didn't deserve that. :lol:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2016, 09:24:46 AM »
Updated for TAR28:
Leg 7: A
Leg 8: B

I would've given Leg 8 a B-, but the return of self-driving, as well as the drama it has created, made the episode much better despite other dull factors like the anticlimactic results.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 08:59:34 PM by Platrium »

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2016, 03:24:09 PM »
the result was godly though

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2016, 03:33:31 PM »
Tar 28

1. A-
2. A
3. B+
4. C+
5. C-
6. A-
7. A+
8. A

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2016, 03:23:14 PM »
TAR 25
Leg 01: B+
Leg 02: C+
Leg 03: B-
Leg 04: A-
Leg 05: A+
Leg 06: C
Leg 07: B-
Leg 09: A
Leg 10: B+
Leg 11: A-
Leg 12: B+
Average: B

TAR 26
Leg 01: F
Leg 02: D
Leg 03: C
Leg 04: C+
Leg 05: C+
Leg 06: A
Leg 07: B
Leg 09: B
Leg 10: B
Leg 11: C+
Leg 12: C+
Average: C+
Yikes, this season has not aged well for me. I remember liking it but now it's meh.

TAR 27
Leg 01: C-
Leg 02: C
Leg 03: C
Leg 04: D
Leg 05: C
Leg 06: C
Leg 07: C+
Leg 08: B-
Leg 09: C
Leg 10: B-
Leg 11: B+
Leg 12: A-
Average: C+
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 03:56:05 PM by RaceUntilWeDie »

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2016, 11:55:38 PM »
TAR28:
Leg 8: B
Leg 9: B

Leg 9 showed so much Indonesian culture. :hrt: However, the leg felt short. Overall, it's still a good one!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2016, 08:35:31 AM »
TAR28: