Author Topic: TAR 27 EP 8 "I'm Gonna Get You" Krakow, Poland  (Read 20888 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 27 EP 8 "I'm Gonna Get You" Krakow, Poland
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2015, 07:54:40 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2015, 08:29:53 PM »

Could this scene from the intro finally appear this leg?

Could it be a match with "Lovers Bridge" on the River Vistula? #JustSpeculating

There's no love lock task, the padlock is shown taking place inside Wieliczka Salt Mine.  :(

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2015, 11:34:50 PM »
I think it is Krakow's Balloon:

https://polandian.wordpress.com/2009/02/26/krakows-balloon-goes-up/

:funny:  I believe you're right.  Looks like there's writing on the balloon.  :grins:

BTW, it says I Love Krakow   :luvya:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2015, 01:43:23 AM »

Could this scene from the intro finally appear this leg?

Could it be a match with "Lovers Bridge" on the River Vistula? #JustSpeculating

There's no love lock task, the padlock is shown taking place inside Wieliczka Salt Mine.  :(

Ah, but CBS included this photo, so blame them!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Online RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2015, 08:41:35 AM »
6 Times The Teams Were So Close, Yet So Far, On The Amazing Race

1. Struggling to catch a cab in Krakow requires more than just a hand wave.

Trying to hail a taxi isn’t as easy as whistling or waving a hand. Just ask #TeamTexas, who seemed to struggle with the simple task when trying to leave for the "Mine" Detour in Krakow, Poland.

Watching teams like #TheReporters and #ThePaparazzi take off only served to stress out these stranded Texan besties. Luckily, the pair finally put their heads together and found someone to call them a taxi, but the minutes they wasted would have to be made up somewhere along the way.

2. Begging for 100 złoty from passersby wasn't a cinch for #TheCheerleaders.

In the "Music" Detour, #TheCheerleaders hit a sour note when they had to play piano with a professional violinist and earn 100 złoty from locals, which proved to be something that tested their patience and composure.

Whether it was Tiffany’s off-key melody or Krista’s brusk approach to busking, the passersby were hardly entertained by the cutesy duo. The team continued to be ignored until they turned on the sweetness. Then the money finally started trickling in.

3. #ThePaparazzi falling behind after dumping salt on the ground.

In the "Mine" Detour, teams had to descend 1,000 feet into a salt mine. Once there, they had to carry a large timber support beam to a loading area, then fill a mining cart with salt and push the cart back through the tunnel.

While most teams worked well together to lift the heavy loads with both hands into the cart, Chris dumped all the salt onto the ground, thinking he couldn’t shovel it all into the cart alone. He continued the less-than-efficient method while Logan simply scratched her head out of confusion and frustration.

Although they eventually finished, the inefficiency cost them valuable time.

4. Trying to identify traditional Jewish dishes was a tall order.

Being tasked with carrying a heavy tray stacked with a variety of Jewish dishes had the racers thinking and moving quickly on their feet.

After Tiffany (#TheCheerleaders) struggled to identify all the dishes, she sought out information about the food from locals who were way more familiar.

Meanwhile, Chris (#ThePaparazzi) was hoping his Jewish background would prove helpful during the Roadblock, but his tray was also rejected the first time around. Refusing to give up, he decided to do some research on the grub and was promptly approved on his second try.

With Tiffany still unable to arrange the tray correctly, #TheCheerleaders and #TeamTexas remained, which paced the pairs neck-and-neck.

5. Tension building between Tanner and Krista as they waited outside the Roadblock.

As Tiffany and Josh continued to run in circles, Krista and Tanner waited outside on a bench with tension seeming to ooze out of every pore.

Despite the fact that Tiffany was struggling with her heavy tray, Josh kept pace and even let her approach the judge first. "That’s just the right thing to do," said Josh in true Texas gentleman fashion.

When Tiffany presented her tray and was approved, #TheCheerleaders hurried ahead while Krista remarked, "It’s us or them."

6. Getting unexpected news from Phil at the mat.

#TheCheerleaders tearfully stepped on the mat in fifth place with the #TeamTexas boys right behind them. Josh reiterated that the girls saved them and he didn’t pass Tiffany because she was there first. Fortunately for both teams, it was a non-elimination leg so both would continue on their journeys.

That means the remaining six teams are so close, yet still so far from that $1 million prize.

Offline LeonardTheKoala

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2015, 09:16:02 AM »
Man I love the romance between Team Texas and the Cheerleaders  :hearts: It's like a blind date between two different teams and kinda reminds me of the same thing that happened during Season 9 between Danielle & Dani and Eric and Jeremy  :funny:

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2015, 09:45:03 AM »
Man I love the romance between Team Texas and the Cheerleaders  :hearts: It's like a blind date between two different teams and kinda reminds me of the same thing that happened during Season 9 between Danielle & Dani and Eric and Jeremy  :funny:
Although it seems to be more platonic than sexual or romantic
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline SuzieTampa

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2015, 10:19:05 PM »
The Texans are probably glad that they took time to see Paris while they were there, considering what has happened this week.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2016, 07:58:09 PM »
:bump
RFF's Golden Rule: