Author Topic: Biggest Mistakes in TAR  (Read 7632 times)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Biggest Mistakes in TAR
« on: October 25, 2015, 12:45:04 AM »
A lot of teams have been eliminated due to bad luck, but sometimes, teams end up with their own mistakes. Let me name a few:

1.) TAR12: Kynt & Vyxsin U-turned a team which was ahead of them. Had they U-turned the team behind them, they could guarantee their safety for that leg.
2.) TAR22: Jessica & John had an EP on the leg of their elimination. Had they used it on the detour, they'd most likely be safe for that leg.
3.) TAR19: It was during Leg 2 when teams were required to donate all their money at the orphanage before going to the pit stop. Only 3 teams did so without being told to go back. This caused some placements to shuffle, including Ernie & Cindy to lose their 1st place position, and even booting Ethan & Jenna early in the race.
4.) TAR17: Nick & Vicki opted to take a 6-hour penalty for quitting the detour. They were saved with a NEL, but their 6-hour penalty caused them to not be able to catch up with the 1st flight.
5.) TAR27: Recently, Jazmine & Danielle didn't get a clue at the skull they were required to look for. Had they read their previous clue and gotten the clue from the skull, they still could've gotten 6th.

I'm pretty sure there are some more. ;) What else would you consider as a big mistake made by a team?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: Biggest Mistakes in TAR
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 12:51:15 AM »
1.) TAR12: Kynt & Vyxsin U-turned a team which was ahead of them. Had they U-turned the team behind them, they could guarantee their safety for that leg.

Wouldn't agree with this. They don't know who's behind them.. so this wouldn't count for a big mistake...

I think the rest I would agree, including Nancy and Emily opting not to do the Detour in Season 1, and Kent and Vyxsin's bigger mistake in Season 18 on Leg 10 for taking a taxi to the pit-stop and getting a 30 minutes penalty.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 01:01:20 AM »
or Libby and CJ mistake missed the train after selfie in Tokyo station in TAR 26 was  :funny:
what might have been

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 01:03:41 AM »
- Joe & Bill didn't directly go to Pit Stop after taking FF in Thailand back in season 1 which caused them lots of time and push them to the back of the pack for the rest of the race is the biggest one I think.
- Azeria & Hendekia mistakenly book a flight to Croatia on Business Class. (Had they booked it correctly, they're guaranteed for F3 I think)
- Misa & Maiya overlooked the Pit Stop.

JJ's EP issue and Nick & Vicky's WTF quitting is more of disappointing mistake. Had John use that EP during Detour/RB or Nick TRY A LITTLE MORE to cooperate during the boat search, they're all likely to make it lots further. (Nick/Vicky may have a shot to win it all and JJ would at least make it to Botswana II OR Scotland)

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 01:05:23 AM »
or Libby and CJ mistake missed the train after selfie in Tokyo station in TAR 26 was  :funny:

I think they're gone anyway whether they make it on that train or not. But that moment was GOLD and the only entertainment that Selfie twist provided last season. :lol:

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2015, 11:43:25 AM »

2.) TAR22: Jessica & John had an EP on the leg of their elimination. Had they used it on the detour, they'd most likely be safe for that leg.

This to me is the biggest mistake.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2015, 03:36:58 PM »
- Joe & Bill didn't directly go to Pit Stop after taking FF in Thailand back in season 1 which caused them lots of time and push them to the back of the pack for the rest of the race is the biggest one I think.

Honestly, that one falls more with bad luck. They said in detail on the DVD commentary that they had no choice but to take this option, because they had run out of money. Remember when they were panicking after spending so much money to get into the Taj Mahal?
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline cosmophobia

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2015, 01:29:44 AM »
You are forgetting the biggest navigational mistake in the show. TAR7 - Debbie and Bianca looking for the Andes between Chile and Argentina AT THE OCEAN.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2015, 07:03:03 AM »
Add Cindy and Rick navigational mistakes and bad decision for waiting bus instead walk to tram station lol
what might have been

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2015, 11:30:46 PM »
Sarah and Terence TRANSITTED Moscow airport to airport during the leg prior which voided their visa.

Had they not been eliminated, they would not have had a valid visa for the Moscow leg.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 11:41:56 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2015, 07:35:10 AM »
Sarah and Terence TRANSITTED Moscow airport to airport during the leg prior which voided their visa.

Had they not been eliminated, they would not have had a valid visa for the Moscow leg.

Do the producers arrange single-entry visas or multiple-entry visas for the teams? If teams get single-entry visas only, shouldn't the producers have told them that they cannot transit through a Russian airport, or bar them from taking the flight? Wouldn't there be instructions as well?

Whatever the case, I guess I would rate this as the biggest mistake that never happened.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2015, 03:15:28 PM »
TAR 27 Leg 8:
Tanner & Josh letting Tiffany & Krista beat them in the Roadblock -- and the Pit Stop

TAR 27 Leg 12:
Justin & Diana letting go of their taxi

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2015, 03:45:34 PM »
Chris & Logan letting go of (not) their taxi :funny:

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2015, 05:24:22 PM »
Chris & Logan letting go of (not) their taxi :funny:
I was gonna put that but it wouldn't have cost them the million anyway :lol:

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2015, 05:47:47 PM »
Producers not having a cluebox final task in the 19-22 era of unique clueboxes.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2016, 07:59:43 AM »
Updating:

Tar 28: Marty and Hagan left their taxi far away from ARI spot to detour spot..... And didn't take The brother's cab (well it's a wise move, but not smarter one)
what might have been

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2016, 11:47:52 AM »
I can't hear what Marty & Hagan said precisely, but they either said that Darius & Cameron's stuff was in the brothers' taxi or that their own stuff was left in their old taxi, so they couldn't really have switched cabs. :umn:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2016, 08:19:11 PM »
Darius & Cameron were such a good team. Too bad it all boiled down to their mistakes. It was since Leg 2 which caused them to land at the back of the pack, then to Leg 3 where they could've checked in 8th. :groan:
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 08:07:53 AM by Platrium »

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2016, 10:17:41 AM »
I really don't think that's one of the "Biggest Mistakes in TAR," though. ;)

Offline Erebus1111

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2016, 03:09:13 PM »
Although not that big of mistake the more I think about it, (Season 5) Brandon and Nicole opting out of the Fast forward because they were 'models' and shouldn't have their hair ruined. I mean, no else was going for it, so why not. I'd do it just because I know my hair will grow back.
School of Griffin 4 Life

Offline JohnYiu

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2016, 07:07:34 PM »
want to say something about

"Had they used it on the detour".. tbh, Had they used it on the Roadblock, they'd have finished in 7th (when J&J arrived at the roadblock, there were still 2 teams at least doing the roadblock)