Author Topic: TAR 27 Ep 3 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! Tonight at 8PM EST  (Read 14363 times)

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
Re: TAR 27 Ep 3 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! Tonight at 8PM EST
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2015, 07:59:24 PM »
RIP ERNEST/JIN </3

Better episode than expected - so many teams delivering rn <3
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2015, 08:00:50 PM »
Next week on The Amazing Race...

Teams head to Africa!

Some task involving locals spitting at teams? :lol:

And with a Double U-Turn in play, it's #TeamTexas vs Justin & Diana!

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2015, 08:01:15 PM »
I'm glad the cheerleaders didn't have to push the carriage back but I feel like in previous seasons they would've have to.

Cindy&Rich look defeated, they probably haven't seen a team in a while.

Lots of running around in this leg.
Ernest&Jin are dancing their elimination away!  :funny: and  :(
Even with my concerns I ended up liking them.

This penalty is literally nonsensical. It's been done at every RB ever played.

She was too specific about it. I think that's the problem.
How was "check the big piece" too specific?
I think it sounds specific enough to be penalized considering the roadblock is basically a puzzle that you have to put together... Something like "check for details!" would've been fine, I guess.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2015, 08:01:24 PM »

Just gonna stare at this and smile.

It's so true - I can't begin to fathom why they penalised you guys. ???

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2015, 08:04:27 PM »
IMO this is easily the best leg of all 3 legs broadcasted...

The RB and the detour is just <3 the editing still constantly basic but better than two previous...

Can't wait of the rivalry of #TeamTexas and #TheGreenTeam on W-turn
what might have been

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2015, 08:08:32 PM »
I wonder if the next leg will be a NEL. ??? The US seasons never had a W-turn and a NEL on the same leg. If they are doing an EL on every W-turn leg, it becomes predictable, and even if their intention is to eliminate the U-turn victim, they have to put some twist to make the teams and the viewers expect the unexpected.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2015, 08:09:46 PM »
I have no idea that The Dancers was so far behind the Trackstars last leg. I think they would be in the same bus :( But i'm glad that it meant Cheerleaders were safe.

I think the penalty was because she said checking one particular meat piece (pointing out where the mistake was). If she said "checking the details, re-read the clue...", it would be okay.

Offline BoneDust

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2015, 08:11:03 PM »
I really liked the horse challenge (but I love horses, so). I was DYING when I saw TeamTexas put the saddle on backwards. So much for "making everyone proud", haha! :funny: And this is the silliest little thing, but I loved that all the fake horses were different colors.

Seemed like forgetting the whip was getting to be a regular thing (ChacAttack, Cheerleaders). Also seemed to me like the Dancers did fine but just couldn't manage to make up the lag from their late bus departure.

There really were a lot of dogs in this episode, weren't there? Sad as it was to see that one trotting alongside Tanner & Josh with a hurt leg, the fact that it was limping beside Tanner-- who also has a leg injury-- was kind of adorable, in an "aww, you poor things" way.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2015, 08:18:46 PM »
I almost forgot... :funny:
The 9th place curse: Ernest & Jin were too far behind to catch up. :( It's something like Team New Kids' curse from last season: Even if some teams made big mistakes, there's barely any hope to catch up.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2015, 08:25:48 PM »
If I had a drink for every time a dog appeared on my TV in the hour, I would have two wine bottles downed and be eliminated for the night. Luckily, I am not stupid so that is not the case.

LEG 3 (Argentina) EPISODE REVIEW
Drink: Fernet & Coca-Cola
The episode started off very quickly with a bus and taxi ride to San Antonio de Texas (de Areco if I was intelligent). No wonder Tanner & Josh had a solid lead throughout the leg. I felt the native Texans showing off their side of Aaron & Arianne against a team was almost laughable yet cringing. It was like they were jealous of Justin & Diana that they had to mention them in almost every aired comment this episode.

ROADBLOCK: (Who has the guts to put dead meat on a cross?)
In my opinion, I thought the meat-hanging task could have been a little more interesting and challenging had they made a cult circle of carne instead of differentiating the three different roasting techniques. On an upside note, the teams made this task very fun, yet creepy. Great for a little Halloween sneak peek.
ROADBLOCK SCORE: 9/10

DETOUR: (The Whip or The Neigh Neigh)
The carriage and fake horse options seemed similar to me since they both had to be delivered to a mini festival at the city square. But the part that really stood out were the disgruntled and frantic faces from the teams. I loved all the drama that happened from Cindy & Rick misinterpreting their clue to Denise & James Earl's tiffs to the final few minutes of true TAR foot races.
DETOUR SCORE: 8.8/10

In othe news, Denise & J.E.'s penalty! Was it justified or not? Filling in for Kelsey & Joey tonight, leave me your comments on the latest development. Sadly, Ernest & Jin ended up not catching up or recovering from near elimination. We will surely miss their charisma.
OVERALL SCORE: 8.8/10
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2015, 10:24:45 PM »
Something about this season is just off for me. I can't put my finger on it.

I think the problem has to be the tasks. I'll admit, I enjoyed watching the episode. Seeing the teams scramble through the Detour and make many mistakes was fun. However, the way they had fake horses was so lame and uninspired. I hate that the Race is becoming more and more of a setup if that makes sense. Like, before, it felt like you were in the world that they're in... now it feels like we're just watching teams in a private location with a private setup with fake equipment that will be put back to storage afterward. Again, I don't know if I'm making sense but that's the best way I could put it :lol:

Remember Leg 3 of Season 25? Pretty dull leg but it had the sheep task! Idk, that task just felt more real than what we got in this episode.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2015, 11:38:11 PM »
Manufactured drama is what I dislike about this season. I'll take TAR 25 any day. Peach, I'm sorry but i'm not enjoying this season at all so far.

The teams are not the nicest to each other, nobody is edited saying something positive/appreciating the places they are going to and the surroundings, or the teams are not even witty or funny. I miss having inspirational teams like Adam and Bethany, witty teams like Amy and Maya, funny teams like Brooke and Robbie, and the presence of a crazy competitive team like Misti and Jim.

Just WAY TOO MANY competitive teams.

WAY TOO MANY teams who dislike each other.

The only thing that made up for this leg is the leg design, requiring teams to look out for DETAILS at the Roadblock, then DETAILS when picking up the tools for the DETOUR, then details again when performing both DETOURS.

The country theme behind this leg is so cool as well. But other than that, this season's teams are so MEH. The only teams delivering so far are Denise and Earl James, Diana and Justin and Josh and Tanner.

And of course Ernest and Jin, but they are eliminated now... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :'( :'( :'(

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2015, 11:40:00 PM »

I think in this case it was a details oriented Roadblock? I can't remember a season where a non-Roadblocker gave specific tips and didn't get a penalty?

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2015, 11:59:13 PM »
The detour would be much better if both tasks require teams to deliver their items to a new place rather than the detour decision point
It makes the guiding part become useless  :(

Tanner & Josh got a really high average placing after 3 legs (1.33) :ascared

I have a feeling that the next leg will be a NEL
If so, is it the third time that a U-Turn is placed in a NEL? (After 13-09 and 15-10)
That will somehow make the U-Turn drama less interesting  :(

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2015, 12:24:21 AM »
DETOUR: (The Whip or The Neigh Neigh)

I was thinking of that too. :grins: :funny:

I have a feeling that the next leg will be a NEL
If so, is it the third time that a U-Turn is placed in a NEL? (After 13-09 and 15-10)

Now I get it. Those U-turns were unused or unaired after all. :ascared

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2015, 01:22:09 AM »
Tanner & Josh got a really high average placing after 3 legs (1.33) :ascared

Misti & Jim also did it in TAR 25, before their meltdown in Leg 4 which they placed 8th (non-elimination) despite placing 1st, 2nd, 1st in first 3 legs.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2015, 03:19:24 AM »
+ I hope Phil tells everyone that the next leg will feature a Double U-TURN and not just to those two teams, sufficiently giving them loads of opportunity/time to strategize. -_-

MrDeerShank

« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2015, 04:43:39 AM »
What a surprise Argentina failed to deliver anything good TAR please stop going there

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2015, 07:11:06 AM »
I didn't mind the episode but I really didn't like the fact that the dancers were so obviously gone from the get go.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2015, 08:21:24 AM »

I think in this case it was a details oriented Roadblock? I can't remember a season where a non-Roadblocker gave specific tips and didn't get a penalty?

Charla & Mirna sorting through envelopes (coincidentally also in Argentina) is the most obvious example. They shouldn't have been penalised for that back then (and they weren't) and the same thing should have happened in this episode (but it didn't...).

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2015, 08:31:12 AM »
Comparing the previous episode from this one, the previous one was good, but this one was great! :hoot: There are so many things I wanna say, but I don't know if I still remember everything. :lol:

Justin & Diana vs Tanner & Josh: This rivalry is fun to watch as of now. It's interesting how Tanner & Josh is trying to get Kelsey & Joey to their side, even though the reporters seem neutral to either side. Maybe it's just the edit. ??? The W-turn next leg and the EP is making things more exciting for the next leg! :hearts: The only way Justin & Diana could avoid the W-turn is if they are 1st on the W-turn board. I wonder how this will turn out. :colors

Tanner's hamstring problem reminded me of Dave's Achilles problem. It was on a footrace on the 2nd leg, and both their teams placed 2nd. :stare Coincidence, but this one is less severe than the one in TAR22. Also, Tanner & Josh winning footraces with such a problem shows how strong they really are, especially Tanner. :hoot:

ChacAttack dropped from 3rd to 7th... :oh Now I see what I didn't see earlier. It was that bad after all. They lost their good lead, and that would've been frustrating if I were in their shoes. Also, funny coincidence how ChacAttack and the Cheerleaders left the whip in different ways. :funny: It's like person X is about to go shopping without money and has to go back home and get it, and person B forgets to pay something he bought from a store. (I hope the metaphor is good. :gnome )

Also, unlike last leg, the teams here are separated in groups. It reminded me of TAR16's Argentine leg, the 3rd leg too. There were 3 teams who are ahead of the others, and a 2nd set of teams trying to catch up with the 1st batch. Again, it is coincidental, but not completely.

The roadblock was a detail task. I like it because it shuffled some placements and it wasn't linear compared to last leg's. :hrt: The horse detour was okay, good enough; however, the 2 teams' mistakes on the whip made the other detour more interesting, and funny. :funny: Also, I like how there are permanently limited slots in each detour side this leg. We've seen detours with the 1st come 1st serve policy, but any team can just wait all they want to get their chance to do the detour. Also, we've seen the random detour in Monaco last season, but my point is, the permanently limited slots detour this leg was unique, and I like that kind of twist because we get to see both sides of the detour by default. I don't remember seeing a twist like that back then, aside from fast forwards of course. There might be, but it doesn't happen very often. :hrt:

Denise & JE got some attention from the roadblock, and from the somewhat exaggerated clip from last episode's preview. :lol: Meanwhile, I think Jazmine & Danielle got the least screentime this episode, so I hope to see more of them next leg, even though I'm expecting the W-turn and the rivalry (and also the EP) to be the highlight next episode.

Ernest & Jin were really unlucky this leg. :( There was no way they could catch up, and they didn't even see a team this leg. :( 3 teams made some mistakes, and it wasn't enough for them to catch up. :( Jin finished the roadblock in 1 try, and he and Ernest never made the mistake of leaving the whip behind during the detour. ( :lol: to the other 2 teams with the whip, but :( because this team still couldn't catch up) They did their best from how I saw it, and if they were at the front of the pack, I think they could even get 1st! :ascared :( It is a 9th place curse because of those points I just mentioned, and it really makes me sad to see them go. :( How I wish it was a NEL instead, including last leg. I really wanna see more of the teams who were eliminated early in the race, which is why I prefer earlier NEL's compared to later ones.

One last thing, a lot have been saying that the cheerleaders might be (or are) the new CaroJen. I disagree with this, and they are actually better than CaroJen. They do the physical tasks on their own, because they're athletes! :wohoo: This makes me want to root for them too. :hoot:

I think that's almost everything I wanna say. I might have forgotten something, but it might just be a small detail. Saying this much just means the episode was really exciting, and it was amazing! :trampb: :cheer: :wohoo: This episode really delivered! :conf:

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2015, 08:34:23 AM »
Manufactured drama is what I dislike about this season. I'll take TAR 25 any day. Peach, I'm sorry but i'm not enjoying this season at all so far.

The teams are not the nicest to each other, nobody is edited saying something positive/appreciating the places they are going to and the surroundings, or the teams are not even witty or funny. I miss having inspirational teams like Adam and Bethany, witty teams like Amy and Maya, funny teams like Brooke and Robbie, and the presence of a crazy competitive team like Misti and Jim.

Just WAY TOO MANY competitive teams.

WAY TOO MANY teams who dislike each other.

The only thing that made up for this leg is the leg design, requiring teams to look out for DETAILS at the Roadblock, then DETAILS when picking up the tools for the DETOUR, then details again when performing both DETOURS.

The country theme behind this leg is so cool as well. But other than that, this season's teams are so MEH. The only teams delivering so far are Denise and Earl James, Diana and Justin and Josh and Tanner.

And of course Ernest and Jin, but they are eliminated now... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :'( :'( :'(

We saw one team say something good about the places they visited. Ernest & Jin, I like how they handled their elimination. Of course they are disappointed because the Race was their stepping stone to have a better life but they are grateful for their time on the Race and the places they've been to. For inspirational, Alex & Adam fit right in this category. They had the potential, their elimination just boiled down to a bad cab. I have to agree that there are competitive teams, a lot of them.

~ Compared to the last episode this was a huge step up. The editing was great, tasks were also great, really Argentinian. :cheer: :cheer:
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 08:40:04 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2015, 08:37:01 AM »
^^NICE!! I liked this episode too. I hope you all will try to see the Insider Vids...they add so much MORE to the story.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2015, 10:19:14 AM »
I think I might be the only one that really hated this Leg.  :groan:

It was so linear.  Ernest & Jin had no hope of catching up, and it was evident they'd be last within the first 10 minutes.  I can't understand why producers don't make the more linear Legs, or those with very little chance for a trailing Team catching up, Non-Elimination Legs.  (:;)  I'm not saying always do it, but once in a while would be nice.
Honestly, I've never been a fan of Legs that start with teams catching buses to the next destination, because it always ends up with 1 or 2 teams on the last bus, and more than likely one of those teams are the ones sent home.  :gaah:

With 3 Elimination Legs so far, I would guess that Leg 4 may be a Non-Elim, which makes nooooo sense now we know there'll be a W-Turn.  ???

Maybe I'm just extremely bitter over Ernest & Jin's elimination, but the whole way through the episode all I was thinking was WHY IS IT SO LINEAR!  :lol:  (But seriously, there was hardly any placement changes)

But trying to put that aside, I don't think the Detour was all that great.  The RB was brilliant however, so at least that's one positive.  :lol:

Team Rankings:
Love: Ernest & Jin
Like: Cindy & Rick, Chris & Logan, Jasmine & Danielle, Tiffany & Krista
Neutral: Denise & James Earl, Kelsey & Joey
Dislike: Justin & Diana, Tanner & Josh
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 10:24:36 AM by nmccarroll91 »
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2015, 06:35:11 PM »
TARUSAFan, yep, pretty much Ernest and Jin only. Maybe I had too high expectations, and forgot about this amazing team's attitude towards the race.

I'm sure other teams have said positive things while being on the race too.. I think whoever is in the editing team should be dragged out and shot.