Author Topic: ADRIA SCORES VETO: MARVIN AND WILL STAY ON THE BLOCK  (Read 2560 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
ADRIA SCORES VETO: MARVIN AND WILL STAY ON THE BLOCK
« on: August 18, 2004, 02:25:00 AM »
Ep 18 Recap~

ADRIA SCORES VETO: MARVIN AND WILL STAY ON THE BLOCK

Further cementing her hold on the House for the week, Adria wins the Power of Veto, but does not exercise it. Even though Jase has left the House, the ill will that followed him like a stray dog has seemed only to move in the direction of the twins, as they are now the targets of nearly everyone's ire.

Adria, for her part, would like to hear some negotiating from those on the block, but neither Will nor Marvin feel like they need to talk with her and have total faith that their fellow HouseGuests will do what they feel is right.

MARVIN AND WILL SWALLOW THE BITTER PILL

Will says he felt "shock and awe" that he and Marvin's keys were not in the box. He and Marvin immediately fall into a loose camaraderie joking about how "the black" and "the gay" are the ones on the block. Marvin is a little angrier than Will, as he feels he saved Adria's bacon when Jase was looking to fry it, and this is the reward he gets. Marvin's whole take is that he's in no alliance, so why gun for him? He is very disappointed and feels Adria lacks "intestinal fortitude."

Nakomis is also unhappy with the nominations. "In our team we are supposed to speak before we act." She talks with Karen and says that she feels the House is not on "stable ground." Tension that was beneath the surface boils up when Adria asks Will if he is hungry. Will replies, "I just lost my appetite," and walks away from Adria and Natalie. He then turns right back around and says, "I didn't mean to be passive-aggressive there." Regarding his nomination, Will explains, "It was just surprising to me." Adria suggests that if he ever wants to talk about it, she's available. Will says now is a fine time, and they adjourn to the HoH room.

Adria lays down that it was one of the girls in the girls' alliance that said that Will should be put up. In a flashback we see Diane talking to Adria about how one of her own, being Karen, Nakomis or Will, might have to go. Adria says she listened to that and then also listened to her prayers. Will just wants to set the record straight: "The thing that most upset me is it's either Nik, Diane or Karen that have ill will towards me."

Armed with the information that Adria has fed him, Will goes directly to his somewhat fragile alliance and talks it over with Karen, Diane and Nakomis. Diane reveals the psychology of being a twin, letting on that it is the closest, tightest bond.

The larger group splits up and Nakomis decides to go into the HoH room and confront Adria head on. She tells Adria, "We know you but we don't know you. We're trying to decipher which is Adria and which is Natalie." Adria's reaction is less than positive but Nakomis keeps on pushing her point home. "We haven't talked as a group since there have been two Adrias."
LOVE STORY--A TALE OF TWINS

Drew and Diane get more and more open in their relationship. Diane tells Natalie how a psychic told here she would meet a man with dark hair, dark eyes and olive skin. "You won't know him. You'll know nothing about him, but you'll share a bond." Natalie's reply is, "You never know, but you know."

We then see the evolution of their relationship. Diane tells Drew, "Feel free to climb into my bed anytime." They then share their views on twinship. Diane says, "How did we turn into the bad twins?" Drew says, "I like being the bad twins." They take the cuteness to a new level as they lay about kissing with their glasses, "We're both dorks."

Marvin and Will are sitting outside and Adria pops out and sits down with them. Marvin goes right at A, saying that what she did was spineless and keeps going after whether the Bible did play a part in her decision. Adria says, "That's not a nice shot." Marvin says maybe Jesus doesn't want him to be in the game.

CHRISTMAS IN AUGUST

By the time of the Veto competition, a Very Veto Christmas, Will is dead set on not only surviving but getting the twins out of the House ASAP. It's time to choose partners and Will chooses Diane, Marvin chooses Cowboy and Adria chooses Drew. Natalie is set to host the event. Entering the backyard, the HouseGuests are greeted by a faux winter wonderland with packages of gifts for each competitor.

The player must select a pair of gifts, open them, and with each gift is a number of vetoes that accompany the gift. The following HouseGuest can steal one of the two gifts or select anew. Will goes first and gets underwear or as Martin says, "drawers." He also selects a sweater. Michael goes next and gets pink socks and another sweater. Marvin gets a nose trimmer, suggesting that Cowboy might need it more than he does, and some ice skates. Drew gets a ski hat and a fruitcake. Adria decides to steal the fruitcake from Drew. As the veto numbers hidden inside the gifts are revealed, Adria leads with 21 points.

Her twin now announces there is a twist. Will comments later that whenever he hears the words, "twist," it initiates a panic attack that twins will be descending from the rooftops. The twist is that the HouseGuests get to select a stocking. Inside the stocking is one of three things: a luxury gift, 10 bonus veto points or a zero that eliminates all of your points. Drew gets a digital camera, Will gets and MP3 player and Adria gets 10 bonus points, allowing her to maintain her lead and claim victory. Adria wins again!

ALLIANCE, ALLIANCE, CAN I GET AN ALLIANCE

Adria and Marvin talk in the kitchen. Adria wants Marvin to negotiate for her to use the veto. It's a 'scratch my back' kind of thing where she would remove Marvin from the block if he would guarantee her safety the following week, but Marvin will have none of it. Marvin's reply is simple. "Part of the reason you're in this game is because of me. If you want to put me up that's Kool and the Gang. My integrity means more than half a million dollars."

Angered by neither Will nor Marvin striving to get off the block, Adria decides this week is going to be all about her. She stands in the kitchen and declares her intentions. She storms into the cloud room and tells Drew, Diane and Nakomis that she hopes it is a tie since nobody seems to want to act, she wants it to come down to her. Marvin's feeling is, "If you leave me in the game, she's going to be gone with the wind like Scarlett O'Hara." Will has been feeling very free with the "b" word says that he has a mission to get those two bitches out of the House. He then offers up a theory that Adria and Natalie have been taken over by the spirit of Jase.

ADMIT ONE

The competitions aren't over yet as the HouseGuests next get to compete in a Luxury Competition to watch a private screening of the new movie "Without A Paddle" from Paramount Pictures. The HouseGuests are grouped in teams of three. First is Nakomis and the twins. Marvin, Karen and Michael make up the next trio, and last but not least are Diane, Drew and Will.

There are three alleyways with lights arrayed on either side of the alleyway. At the end of the alley is a giant bowl of M&M's chocolate candies. To win the screening, two of the three HouseGuests must create a red carpet out of jagged pieces. When they are done with creating the carpet they must run back to their seats. Then the third member of the trio must run down the red carpet and dig through the M&M's to find the one golden M&M hidden in the stack, and return to their seat to win the competition.

The winners by a wide margin are Drew, Diane and Will. For their efforts they get to chill out in the Head of Household room and screen the movie, an event that makes them all very happy. For Diane, it is her first movie date with Drew. Will feels remotivated for the game, and Drew enjoys the company, the movie, and the popcorn.

Later Adria calls the Veto meeting to order and announces that she has decided to leave things as they are, keeping Will and Marvin up on the block. Will had felt that if it were a perfect world, Adria would have taken him or Marvin off the block, and put up her "evil spawn." Nakomis feels like Adria and Natalie are the new Jase and Scott, and Diane lets slip that she thinks Will might need to go.

Will it be Will or Marvin? Will the animosity towards the twins escalate? And can Drew and Diane's romance survive the heat of another week in the House? Find out live Thursday night on BIG BROTHER 5.