Author Topic: TAR 27 Ep 3 'Where My Dogs At?" San Antonio de Areco, Argentina  (Read 14156 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 27 Ep 3 'Where My Dogs At?" San Antonio de Areco, Argentina
« on: October 02, 2015, 02:25:17 PM »
PRESS:

TEAMS TRAVEL TO SAN ANTONIO DE ARECO, ARGENTINA WHERE ONE TEAM FACES A PENALTY AFTER A COSTLY MISTAKE, ON “THE AMAZING RACE,” FRIDAY, OCT. 9

“Where My Dogs At?” (San Antonio de Areco, Argentina) – Attention to detail is paramount during a meaty challenge and one team faces a penalty after a costly mistake, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Oct. 9 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan) is the host. 

Episode 3 location

Episode 3 title

:tu claude!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 11:29:55 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 27 Ep 3 'Where My Dogs At?" San Antonio de Areco, Argentina
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 02:25:33 PM »
TV Preview! Thanks Alen!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rZEc_e6kg2A" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rZEc_e6kg2A</a>

PREVIEW!! Thanks Alen!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rZEc_e6kg2A" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rZEc_e6kg2A</a>
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 02:45:01 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 02:25:45 PM »
MAF'S EP 3 RACING REPORT!

Racing report
Amazing Race Season 27, Episode 3, "Where my dog at?"
Film date: 2015-06-26

The episode starts with Tanner & Josh discussing Tanners torn hamstring.
 "We know that god has a plan for us", Tanner puts his faith in higher powers

The next morning teams are released from what looks to be right outside the polo stadium in the following order:
1.Justin & Diana      05:45
2.Tanner & Josh       06:12+0:27
3.Denise & James Earl 06:13+0:28
4.Logan & Chris,      06:14+0:29
5.Cindy & Rick        06:21+0:36
6.Tiffany & Krista    06:28+0:43
7.Kelsey & Joey       06:30+0:45
8.Jazmine & Danielle  06:53+1:08
9.Ernest & Jin        07:16+1:31

Route info: "Travel by bus to San Antonio de Areco, Argentina". Once teams arrive in this rural town they will catch a ride in a pickup truck to their next clue.

"We butt heads, and when we butt head it's not gonna be good", Denise about not having spent that much time with her son before

Justin & Diana end up on a local bus where the driver says he can take them to the bus to San Antonio de Areco. The other teams all take a taxi to the Retiro bus station.

At the bus terminal Tanner & Josh barely make their bus. They are happy to be the only team on this bus, but just as it is leaving Kelsey & Joey turn up and are let on. Tanner & Josh tell them that they are promising to give the express pass to whichever team which U-turns Justin & Diana.
 "Justin is real in your face, yells, and he's good to and that doesn't help either", Tanner on why they want Justin gone

Their conversation is interrupted when the bus stops at the next bus station (Terminal de Omnibus Ciudad de El Talar) where Justin & Diana boards the bus.
 "It's kind of a relief to see other teams, but it kind of sucks because we had a nice lead", Joey

Ernest & Jin have a hard time finding a taxi which is willing to take them, which is why they missed the 07:30 bus. The next bus left two hours later. They know they are way behind but decide to not give up. They thought they were eliminated in the last leg so there is no giving up in this.

Teams end up on three different buses:
Bus #1: 07:00 - 08:50
  Justin & Diana
  Tanner & Josh
  Kelsey & Joey

Bus #2: 07:30 - 09:35
  Cindy & Rick
  Denise & James Earl
  Jazmine & Danielle
  Logan & Chris
  Tiffany & Krista

Bus #3: 09:30 - 11:30 (that is the scheduled time, according to interviews it ran 30 minutes late as well)
  Ernest & Jin

Once in San Antonio de Areco teams have no problems finding the waiting pickup trucks. Teams are directed to jump onto the back and are driven to their next clue at La Porteña (10km 18min). The first teams run by Phil who live narrates their progress:
 "Justin & Diana have the lead, and will be the first to meet these Gauchos", Phil

Teams get their clue here in the following order:
 1(+0) Justin & Diana
 2(+0) Tanner & Josh
 3(+4) Kelsey & Joey, seconds after #1
 4(+0) Logan & Chris
 5(+0) Cindy & Rick
 6(+2) Jazmine & Danielle
 7(-4) Denise & James Earl
 8(-2) Tiffany & Krista, seconds after #4
 9(+0) Ernest & Jin, arrive after everybody else have left

Road block: "Who's smoking hot?"

In this road block teams must properly hang meat on racks to be cooked in front of an open fire. To start with they have to fetch three large pieces of meat which then must be hung properly. There are lots of details which contestants must get right.

"I am but you'll do it", Diana think she is hotter
 "Pickup two lambs and a rack of beef ribs", Joey reads the additional info
 "I'm the sexy one, right?", Ernest wants to do the road block

It seems as if no team gets their meat approved on their first attempts. There is always some small or big detail which they do wrong.
 "No? No? so mean", Justin when his meat hanging is rejected

"People, you know, look at Krista & I and they see two little girls. But we are athletes", Tiffany
 "Justin, come on now", Diana does not think Justin should thank the judge quite so profusely after being approved

Denise can not help herself and may be crossing the line and give James Earl a bit too much help:
 "Look at the big slab James Earl, that's where we are going to have trouble with the big slab", Denise
James Earl does not hear her, but that does not matter. The producers did (we learn later).

This is also where we realize that Ernest & Jin need a miracle to survive the leg. They arrive after all the other teams have left so they are way behind. And there is only one more task where they may catch up.

Teams complete this road block in the following order (* denotes team member doing the roadblock):
1(+1)Tanner & Josh*      (1-1)
2(+1)Kelsey & Joey*      (1-1)
3(+2)Cindy & Rick*       (1-1)
4(-3)Justin* & Diana     (1-1)
5(+2)Denise & James Earl*(0-2)
6(+0)Jazmine & Danielle* (1-1)
7(-3)Logan & Chris*      (1-1)
8(+0)Tiffany* & Krista   (1-1)
9(+0)Ernest* & Jin       (1-1)

Route info: "Pick up a roasted lamb and deliver it to the festival judges as Plaza Principal". Finding this seems to be easy since teams just jump up onto their trucks again and are driven there (12km 19min).

Once teams deliver their meat, which they do in the same order as they finished the road block, they are given their next clue:

Detour: "Horse or Carriage"

In horse teams must select a polo mallet (at the detour decision point), make their way to the river (500m), along the way change into polo gear and then properly equip a mock polo horse. Finally, after having been approved, they must drag their mock horse back to the plaza where they will get their next clue.

In carriage teams must select a buggy-whip (at the detour decision point), make their way to the La Cinacina estate (450m) change into uniform and then detail a carriage. The detailing seems to mostly consist of dusting it. After having been approved they must drag the carriage to a pair of horses (800m). The horses will be harnessed to the carriage and will then pull it, with the racers, to the plaza where they will get their next clue (300m).

There are only 6 mallets and six buggy whips available. The clue also tells teams they must make their way on foot. Both detours require teams to dress up in appropriate clothes. All teams eave their bags behind in the changing rooms, so we can assume the clues told them to.

Cindy & Rick miss the part about picking up a whip at the detour decision point and instead make it all the way to carriage before realizing they must go back and get a whip.

The carriages are waiting at the La Cinacina estate.

"I got the ass, you get the front", Denise
 "This one does not bite", Chris like the fact that they do not have to dress a real horse

We get to see Denise & James Earl bicker a bit about which way to drag the horse. Is this a s sign of things to come perhaps?

Tiffany & Krista forget their whip where they changed clothes so after they have pushed their carriage all to the horses they have to run back and fetch it. Luckily for them they do not have to bring the carriage with them.

"Where's my dog at", Ernest gets the title as one of the stray dogs runs around while they push their carriage
 "Last place ain't funny", Ernest again

Teams complete the detour in the following order:
 1(+0) Tanner & Josh, horse
 2(+2) Justin & Diana, horse (just as Tiffany & Krista arrive from the road block
 3(-1) Kelsey & Joey, horse
 4(+1) Denise & James Earl, horse
 5(+1) Jazmine & Danielle, horse, less than a minute after #4
 6(+1) Logan & Chris, horse
 7(-4) Cindy & Rick, carriage
 8(+0) Tiffany & Krista, carriage
 9(+0) Ernest & Jin, carriage

Route info: "Make your way on foot to your next pit stop". Teams must now make their way on foot to Museo Gauchesco (1.2km).

Justin & Diana realize they are not far behind Tanner & Josh.
 "Keep running baby, maybe we can beat them", Justin
After a while they catch sight of Tanner & Josh, and the footrace is on.

As we are down to the last two teams we get the predictable montage where we are shown Tiffany & Krista, the next to last team, struggling and Ernest & Jin, the last team, flying past all obstacles. But we are not fooled and realize that Ernest & Jin are way behind.

Teams check in with Phil in the following order:
 1(+0) Tanner & Josh, win a trip to Siam Reap, Cambodia
 2(+0) Justin & Diana, less than a minute after #1
 3(+0) Kelsey & Joey
 4(+1) Jazmine & Danielle, less than a minute before the next team
       Denise & James Earl, get a 30 minute penalty since she shouted advice during the road block
 5(+1) Logan & Chris, approximately 22m43s after Denies & James Earl
 6(-2) Denise & James Earl
 7(+0) Cindy & Rick
 8(+0) Tiffany & Krista
 9(+0) Ernest & Jin, are eliminated

At the mat Phil tells the teams that there is going to be a double U-turn on the next leg of the race.
 "We're gonna have to, these guys push us to the absolute limit", Josh think they will U-turn Justin & Diana
 "If you U-turn somebody you'd better hope they go home. I know the race enough to know that", Justin knows this game

Later on Justin interviews that he's not that worried about the U-turn.
 "U-turn us and I'm just going to U-turn a team behind us. And then where there is another U-turn it is time for me to pay you back", Justin

As Ernest & Jin are getting eliminated the local dancers from the plaza turn up so we get to see Ernest & Jin dance with them and they generally seem to have a good time.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 02:06:16 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 02:26:15 PM »
NEOBIE'S EP3 MAPS!

Leg 3
Justin/Diana took the city bus quite a long way (to El Talar) before hopping on the long-distance bus to San Antonio de Areco.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 02:00:51 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 05:24:06 PM »
Leg 3: Buenos Aires, Argentina → San Antonio de Areco, Argentina

FILM DATES: June 26
AIR DATE: October 9

ROUTE INFO:   Travel via bus to San Antonio de Areco, Argentina

ROUTE INFO:   Select a pick up truck and ride it to the next destination

ROUTE INFO:   Estancia La Portena
ROADBLOCK:   Cook racks of lamb and beef and deliver them to Gauchos at Plaza Principal

ROUTE INFO:   Unknown
DETOUR A:       Delivery a wooden horse through the streets of San Antonio de Areco

ROUTE INFO:   Unknown
DETOUR B:       Clean and dress a horse carriage

PIT STOP:       Ricardo Güiraldes Gaucho Museum

:yes:  SAFE:

?  AT RISK:

X  ELIMINATED:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 08:37:55 AM by ovalorange »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 05:50:47 PM »
 :<3
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 10:17:29 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 06:20:50 PM »
Preview!

« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 09:09:34 AM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 06:21:15 PM »
Caps from the preview!

« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 09:46:12 AM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 06:21:37 PM »
Second part of the caps.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 09:48:24 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 08:08:50 PM »
Is Meatblock switchback confirmed for next leg? :o
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2015, 08:11:18 PM »
Is Meatblock switchback confirmed for next leg? :o
From the preview, it looks like they had to cook meat, maybe an asado? But no eating was shown :(
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2015, 02:49:30 AM »
The first cap is from here, next to the tourist office; the second cap is here, about a block away.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2015, 11:08:42 PM »
I'm going to say #34 is Pulperia La Blanqueada; the entrance sign and the flagpole holder match.

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2015, 08:33:43 AM »
Preview!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/IlwaaU4XgAE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/IlwaaU4XgAE</a>
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 08:54:42 AM by Alenaveda »

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2015, 08:34:04 AM »
Caps from the preview!

« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 09:39:40 AM by Alenaveda »

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2015, 08:34:27 AM »
Second part of the caps.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 09:38:55 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2015, 01:19:43 PM »
I can't find the same camera angle, but #19-20 look like the Estancia La Portena; and #9 looks like the Gaucho museum (same guy as the ranch; the pulperia is part of the property with the museum).

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2015, 01:28:11 PM »
#35 seems to be flipped for some reason; I flipped the given cap and compared it to the actual viewpoint. (did they cone off the plaza for production? ???)

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2015, 02:01:04 PM »
The pick-ups are all parked only one block away from the Bus Terminal:

« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 02:04:35 PM by Alenaveda »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2015, 10:06:42 AM »
Do we know where this comes in?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2015, 10:49:29 AM »
That is also from the Plaza Ruiz de Arellanos, right in front of the San Antonio de Padua Church and the Town Hall.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2015, 12:59:16 PM »
Thanks!!  We need a map of all our locations....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2015, 04:15:13 AM »
TEAMS TRAVEL TO SAN ANTONIO DE ARECO, ARGENTINA WHERE ONE TEAM FACES A PENALTY AFTER A COSTLY MISTAKE, ON “THE AMAZING RACE,” FRIDAY, OCT. 9

“Where My Dogs At?” (San Antonio de Areco, Argentina) – Attention to detail is paramount during a meaty challenge and one team faces a penalty after a costly mistake, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Oct. 9 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan) is the host.

CHEAT TWEET: One team faces a penalty after a costly mistake #AmazingRace Friday, Oct. 9 at 8/7c http://bit.ly/1LcJalC +Tweet live with @PhilKeoghan

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2015, 06:25:51 PM »
Sneak Peek!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/y9b74m2kzb8" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/y9b74m2kzb8</a>
RFF's Golden Rule: