Author Topic: TAR 27 Ep 2 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! Tonight at 8PM EST  (Read 20865 times)

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 27 Ep 2 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! Tonight at 8PM EST
« Reply #100 on: October 03, 2015, 11:57:32 PM »
In general the leg wasn't entertaining at all .. I was done from amazing race canada like 2 weeks ago and legs were designed in a much better way than this one! Anyways hopefully things will get better as season progresses.

This episode had something similar to Amazing Race Canada - wading in garbage!

And tango!

The edit is definitely something needing to get used to. Denise & James Earl are my absolute favourite right now! Great energy and attitude!

Justin is definitely getting the villain edit because everyone is nice. Kelly & Shevonne prolly were the originally slated villains, they just couldn't back it up with a good performance. I am interested to see if the other teams share Tanner & Josh's view of them, or if it had more to do with the fact that they're a threat to Team Texas.

Gamerfan09 mentioned something about the secret scenes and mentioned that the 2nd-4th place teams (Tanner & Josh, Denise & James Earl and Logan & Chris) of the 2nd leg want Justin & Diana out. I get Marie (of Tim & Marie) and Jim (of Misti & Jim) vibes from Justin based on the edit.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 12:14:42 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: October 04, 2015, 12:07:32 AM »
This is a good sign for Tiffany & Krista if Justin & Diana get a bad edit and Tanner & Josh have a strained hamstring.  Of course, I don't know how far Justin & Diana or Tanner & Josh will go.

I would be amazed to see how Tanner & Josh perform with Tanner's injury. Amy (of Amy & Maya) from Season 25 had a leg injury but kept on going and definitely won, Amy did not want to quit and let her injury hinder them from the Race. I don't want Tanner & Josh going out a la Dave & Connor sometime in the Race.  Hoping that they make the finals along with Tiffany & Krista and Denise & James Earl.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 12:24:14 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: October 04, 2015, 04:27:35 AM »
After rewatching the episode, I actually think it's not that bad. It wasn't as underwhelming as the 1st episode.

Ernest & Jin at the airport: I love it! :funny: It was actually memorable for the episode. :)

Justin seems to be getting the annoying edit, but I'll see how this will turn out.

There were shuffles in placement this leg, but Justin & Diana constantly stayed on top for the whole leg. It shows that they're really strong, but they just made a big mistake last leg. Imagine if they were eliminated on the 1st leg. :stare

The detour was actually good in my opinion. It's a choice between looking for garbage and delivering something.
The roadblock was nice too. I never saw tilted tango before the episode, and I know the task is not that easy.

Editing was better compared to the 1st episode. Each team got a good amount of screentime. Also, drama is starting to show between Justin and the Beefcakes. :lol:

Alex & Adam were just unlucky. :( They left the church in 4th, but arrived at the detour somewhere at the back of the pack. Furthermore, they fell behind while going to the pit stop. I could see so much potential in them, such as winning a leg, too bad it wasn't a NEL. :( I'd want to see more of them for an all-star season, but I know they don't let 10th place teams return. :( They remind me of Amy & Daniel from TAR21; they had so much potential too. :( I just wished Alex & Adam got the NEL.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: October 04, 2015, 04:29:17 AM »
There has never been a Leg 2 NEL tho lol

Offline gabriel90

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #104 on: October 04, 2015, 04:39:26 AM »
In general the leg wasn't entertaining at all .. I was done from amazing race canada like 2 weeks ago and legs were designed in a much better way than this one! Anyways hopefully things will get better as season progresses.

Still Canadians were better at it :snics: till now. the majority of the Canadian episodes were very exciting to watch with very unpredictable outcome while American is not as much.  :nana

Justin and Diana didn't really get an evil edit but more like Justin is incapable of shutting the bleep up. If your mentally ill, you can be sure the editors will use this to their advantage and that's the case of Justin. he started crying cz they made a wrong decision on the first leg, I mean what the hell.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: October 04, 2015, 04:58:09 AM »

Still Canadians were better at it :snics: till now. the majority of the Canadian episodes were very exciting to watch with very unpredictable outcome while American is not as much.  :nana

https://transformingedmonton.ca/behind-the-scenes-with-city-staff-on-the-amazing-race/

“We were really proud to be able to show-off our great city and its facilities. It’s a high profile show that really showcases Edmonton on a national stage.”

*says showcases Edmonton on a national stage* *goes to a gas station and a dump* *shows irrelevant tasks to the culture of the area*

Sure TARCAN is definitely better!!!

US TAR can be hated on all we want, at least we're not stuck in the home country 75% of the time with mainly irrelevant first-world tasks  :<3

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: October 04, 2015, 05:19:54 AM »

... And it'd be great to have one soon. :grins:

Offline gabriel90

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #107 on: October 04, 2015, 05:26:28 AM »

https://transformingedmonton.ca/behind-the-scenes-with-city-staff-on-the-amazing-race/

“We were really proud to be able to show-off our great city and its facilities. It’s a high profile show that really showcases Edmonton on a national stage.”

*says showcases Edmonton on a national stage* *goes to a gas station and a dump* *shows irrelevant tasks to the culture of the area*

Sure TARCAN is definitely better!!!

US TAR can be hated on all we want, at least we're not stuck in the home country 75% of the time with mainly irrelevant first-world tasks  :<3

No way The Amazing race US is awesome and I used to enjoy it way more in past seasons but I am only comparing this season (27) to Canada's latest season and so far Canada's was better in my opinion. Seriously Americans can't handle hearing that Canada is doing a better job at anything they will lose it  :funny: Anyways let's see maybe this season will get better.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #108 on: October 04, 2015, 05:31:22 AM »
Reviewing eps 2...

I think this leg was not bad at all, it was such a big improvement from the premiere, I loved the cartons detour side and the RB while the delivering statue is kinda boring but balance with the other side...

With the rivalries between #team texas and Justin seemed delivered and I can't wait for rest of their rivalries...

Argentina itself deliver some good legs and had never visited since 20, so kudos for that...

Editing was (still) poor but as stated, improved from the premiere....

Ernest and Jin at the airport tbh <3 and Alex and Adam   :(
what might have been

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: October 04, 2015, 05:32:26 AM »

Yeah, would have been nice to have it on 21, 23, 24, 25, 26 too :lol:

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: October 04, 2015, 06:10:12 AM »

Yeah, would have been nice to have it on 21, 23, 24, 25, 26 too :lol:

If only Amy & Daniel and Dennis & Isabelle made it further in Season 21 & 25 respectively, 2 very likable teams that had potential and got booted very early. Alex & Adam now join them. :'(.  I just realized that all the seasons mentioned by gamerfan, those that placed 10th were beaten racing to the pitstop.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 06:20:02 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: October 04, 2015, 06:59:27 AM »
ew @ potential NELs on those legs

Offline Shelact

• RFF Not So Newbie
Secret Scenes
« Reply #112 on: October 04, 2015, 09:54:33 AM »
Gamerfan09 thank you.  I found the secret scenes on You Tube and will enjoy watching them.

Offline Shari

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #113 on: October 08, 2015, 12:42:44 PM »
I don't understand the hate for Justin...I actually think he's a very emotional guy and is excited and overwhelmed that he's on the Amazing Race and can't quite keep that in...I don't like #TeamTexas for hating on them...#ILoveJustin!!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #114 on: October 08, 2015, 06:14:40 PM »
I think I found out why Ernest & Jin overtook Alex & Adam en route to the Pit Stop. Eliminated by Galería A"polo".
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2r0GafYStY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2r0GafYStY</a>
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #115 on: October 08, 2015, 06:16:08 PM »
I think I found out why Ernest & Jin overtook Alex & Adam en route to the Pit Stop. Eliminated by Galería A"polo".
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/r2r0GafYStY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/r2r0GafYStY</a>
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: October 09, 2015, 01:38:11 AM »
I just realized that one thing that made me like the episode was a 3-way race for last to the pit stop. I remember TAR22's Botswana 2, and 3 teams were fighting for last that time. The suspense was better because I don't just guess between 2 teams, I have 3 teams to guess from. :)

Online RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: October 09, 2015, 11:08:47 AM »
I just realized that one thing that made me like the episode was a 3-way race for last to the pit stop. I remember TAR22's Botswana 2, and 3 teams were fighting for last that time. The suspense was better because I don't just guess between 2 teams, I have 3 teams to guess from. :)
And the exciting part was that the order of the teams DID change, meaning the suspense wasn't fake... which is why I'm glad they didn't show Alex & Adam's taxi get lost. Normally, when we see 2 teams racing to the Pit Stop, we see them arrive to the Pit Stop in the same order they left the last task.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: October 09, 2015, 07:36:10 PM »
And the exciting part was that the order of the teams DID change, meaning the suspense wasn't fake... which is why I'm glad they didn't show Alex & Adam's taxi get lost. Normally, when we see 2 teams racing to the Pit Stop, we see them arrive to the Pit Stop in the same order they left the last task.
Agree! :tup:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: October 09, 2015, 08:04:58 PM »
Going to watch this now :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2015, 08:07:20 PM »

You waited a whole WEEK? :groan:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 08:26:11 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2015, 09:31:39 PM »

You waited a whole WEEK? :groan:

I'm busy! :lol: (I still haven't watched)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #122 on: October 09, 2015, 11:32:49 PM »
takes 43 minutes, lol.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #123 on: October 10, 2015, 07:34:01 AM »
I actually thought this episode was really good? Both tasks were something we haven't seen before even if they weren't overly amazing. The teams really made it better with footrace. Denise was such a bundle of joy running to the pitstop :lol:

Ernest & Jin are also really fun to watch! I'm just waiting for Logan & Chris to explode its gonna happen :lol:

I hope the next episode isn't full of Justin saying "gracias mi amigo" I've heard enough of that to last a lifetime!!

All the teams are delivering but hope we get to see more of Kelsey/Joey, Chacattack & Logan/Chris in the future, they're a little under-edited.

But overall this episode wasn't as bad as reading this thread made it out to be!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #124 on: October 10, 2015, 08:39:17 AM »
I liked this episode. Lots of drama, lots of tiny real moments, fun to watch.
RFF's Golden Rule: