Author Topic: TAR 27 Ep 2 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! Tonight at 8PM EST  (Read 20866 times)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Re: TAR 27 Ep 2 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! Tonight at 8PM EST
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2015, 09:02:22 PM »
To go with the Buenos Aires adventure, I made an Argentinian cocktail from gin and rum with a few generous squeezes of lime. Very excited to watch tonight!

Gin and Rum together? Guess we'll see you in a week!  :blaster
:lol: Fizzed out for tonight especially after watching the 90 degree dancing. :iok
Figuring out next week's drink will be a challenge though. I'm not big on coffee after noon. I heard fernet & Coca-Cola is an Argentinian classic.

Fernet con coca is perfect. :tup:
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2015, 09:02:41 PM »
Or you can drink water every week that beverage is very international and easily accessible!
Maybe if they travel to Antarctica, but I am only trying the "international travel of drinks" for this season. 27 is my lucky number and I want to find cool-sounding drinks that particularly relate to each country or region visited. :)
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2015, 09:11:18 PM »
I've pulled a hamstring before. Team Texas is in real trouble if it's a hamstring pull.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2015, 09:13:25 PM »
Or you can drink water every week that beverage is very international and easily accessible!
Maybe if they travel to Antarctica, but I am only trying the "international travel of drinks" for this season. 27 is my lucky number and I want to find cool-sounding drinks that particularly relate to each country or region visited. :)

You have a lot of creativity! If I tried to do that I would only print out a flag of a country and stick it on a can of soda :lol:

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2015, 09:34:20 PM »
Were Jazmine&Danielle saved by Ernest&Jin? The guys told the girls to use their cart aft they were done with the detour  while the girls ere on the way to the other side of the detour. If Ale is correct it would've take them way too long to change and perform the statue side.

Offline colav10

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2015, 09:38:53 PM »
Justin said the title quote. I think it was during the detour but I will have to rewatch to be sure.

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2015, 09:43:30 PM »
Loving Ernest and Jin having fun at the airport. Loved Justin and Diana winning.
Team Texas focus on the game not another team.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2015, 09:49:10 PM »
Were Jazmine&Danielle saved by Ernest&Jin? The guys told the girls to use their cart aft they were done with the detour  while the girls ere on the way to the other side of the detour. If Ale is correct it would've take them way too long to change and perform the statue side.

No. That's Tanner and Josh, not Ernest and Jin. And the girls did not want to change the Detour. They wanted to go to the truck to see if any team finished so that they could take their cart.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2015, 09:53:25 PM »

No. That's Tanner and Josh, not Ernest and Jin. And the girls did not want to change the Detour. They wanted to go to the truck to see if any team finished so that they could take their cart.

Wow my short time memory is terrible. Nevermind then.  :funny:
I'll pay more attention on rewatch tomorrow.

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2015, 03:01:36 AM »
One more thing I love about this season i dont know in which way but it looks like old school The amazing race to me  :trampb:

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2015, 03:34:29 AM »
Justin said the title quote. I think it was during the detour but I will have to rewatch to be sure.

Actually justin said "dig like a dog" not "think"! It was during the detour, just before he drank the mate.

They can't even get the title quote right!

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: October 03, 2015, 04:54:45 AM »
Really weird, upon watching the secret scenes there are some moments omitted from the episode that could have increased the editing a little, story-wise (the tasks were still meh, don't get me wrong, but these moments could have increased the episode's merit by just a little):

Kelsey & Joey bicker and get lost at the Detour.
There is a short 20 second segment of 2nd-4th talking about wanting Justin/Diana out :lol:
Alex & Adam's elimination was due to their taxi taking them to the wrong place en-route to the Pit Stop, not entirely due to the traffic.
There's also a short moment of tension that they could have sneakily edited with Jazmine & Danielle being (surprisingly) 8th because there was a scene of them running into the wrong entrance and just being lost at the Pit Stop.

Just some things to ponder upon about what was left on the cutting floor.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: October 03, 2015, 05:03:52 AM »
Really weird, upon watching the secret scenes there are some moments omitted from the episode that could have increased the editing a little, story-wise (the tasks were still meh, don't get me wrong, but these moments could have increased the episode's merit by just a little):

Kelsey & Joey bicker and get lost at the Detour.
There is a short 20 second segment of 2nd-4th talking about wanting Justin/Diana out :lol:
Alex & Adam's elimination was due to their taxi taking them to the wrong place en-route to the Pit Stop, not entirely due to the traffic.
There's also a short moment of tension that they could have sneakily edited with Jazmine & Danielle being (surprisingly) 8th because there was a scene of them running into the wrong entrance and just being lost at the Pit Stop.

Just some things to ponder upon about what was left on the cutting floor.
Wow all these should have been shown instead of showing teams entering the church and get amazed  :ascared

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: October 03, 2015, 08:24:15 AM »
With regards with the Detour tasks, the subpar one for me was with the Statue Delivery Task, it would have been better if it was a self-driving delivery task. The Garbage Collection one was fine with me as it really let them immerse in the daily life of some Argentinians. The Tango task was also fine with me. Editing was slightly better that the 1st leg. Also, why did Tanner & Josh not read where they are going at the start of the Leg. The winning team from the previous leg always gets to read the clue. This is the 1st time I think has happened with the editing. ???

This episode also let me get to know some of the teams better:

> Tiffany & Krista's enthusiasm is  :hearts: (TAR has casted really good F/F casts since TAR New-Era [S.25]. We have, Kym & Alli, Amy & Maya, Shelley & Nici. Now we have Tiffany & Krista)
> Tanner & Josh's determination and being gentlemen to Jazmine & Danielle, one of those Amazing Race Random Acts of Kindness Moments.  :yess:
> Logan & Chris, I did not get to see them that much in the 1st leg. Now I like them.  :yess:
> Kelsey & Joey, I really like this couple, they have fun attitudes despite small screen times based on the 2 episodes.
> Denise  :hearts:. James Earl, I know you're here. Tell your mom, she 's awesome and rockin those lipsticks.
> Ernest & Jin, They really want it so bad that even they did not do well this leg, they still want it. They want to give themselves a better life and for their mom.  :hoot:
> Cindy & Rick, are still Cindy & Rick

I will have to rewatch the Episode for a follow up review. Still I know TAR could have done a better job. It was a step up from the premiere so I'm hoping things get better and better the next legs.  :hoot:
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 10:54:02 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #89 on: October 03, 2015, 10:43:54 AM »
I'm going to talk about edit first... omg the TEAM ANIMOSITY EDIT IS BACK AGAIN. I hate it but IT GETS ME EXCITED AND WANT TO WATCH WHAT HAPPENS IN THE END.

But that's not good, Justin and Diana are getting the evil/annoying/proud team edit... which means they don't win? Remember TEAM DENTISTS? But then at the same time, Tanner and Josh just seemed like sore losers at the same time.. IDK.

I like Denise and Earl James and Ernest and Jin a lot. I have no idea how Jazmine and Danielle fell behind but dang, they need to up their race??

Cardboard detour was meaningful but delivering art piece?... hmmm. LOVED THE ROADBLOCK.

Still getting used to the edit. And oh, am pretty sure Justin and Diana and Tanner and Josh will make it darn far. The amount of edit is.... ??? Kelsey and Joey and Logan and Chris are almost invisible.

Offline gabriel90

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2015, 12:22:00 PM »
So I saw the second episode:

Justin needs to shut up ... he is super annoying keeps commenting on everything LOUDLY and repeating and smiling for no reason whatsoever ... This guy is a drama queen .. I feel sorry for Diana she's always quite standing there watching Justin literally blabing nonsense.  The  airport scene  where Justin was annoyed because the mom son team told the rest about the church where the pope was baptized was so sad and childish ... like really there is 100 ways to find out this info no need to act like a mentally ill person that early in the race. I never hated a team that much that early in the season.

The rest of teams I like till now with Josh and Tanner, Reporters and Ernest and Jin my three favorites.

In general the leg wasn't entertaining at all .. I was done from amazing race canada like 2 weeks ago and legs were designed in a much better way than this one! Anyways hopefully things will get better as season progresses.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 12:38:39 PM by gabriel90 »

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2015, 12:36:54 PM »
I'm going to talk about edit first... omg the TEAM ANIMOSITY EDIT IS BACK AGAIN. I hate it but IT GETS ME EXCITED AND WANT TO WATCH WHAT HAPPENS IN THE END.

But that's not good, Justin and Diana are getting the evil/annoying/proud team edit... which means they don't win? Remember TEAM DENTISTS? But then at the same time, Tanner and Josh just seemed like sore losers at the same time.. IDK.

I like Denise and Earl James and Ernest and Jin a lot. I have no idea how Jazmine and Danielle fell behind but dang, they need to up their race??

Cardboard detour was meaningful but delivering art piece?... hmmm. LOVED THE ROADBLOCK.

Still getting used to the edit. And oh, am pretty sure Justin and Diana and Tanner and Josh will make it darn far. The amount of edit is.... ??? Kelsey and Joey and Logan and Chris are almost invisible.

This is a good sign for Tiffany & Krista if Justin & Diana get a bad edit and Tanner & Josh have a strained hamstring.  Of course, I don't know how far Justin & Diana or Tanner & Josh will go.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2015, 03:03:34 PM »
Based on their backstory, I initially thought Justin & Diana were going to get what I like to call the "they can do no wrong" edit (Adam & Bethany, cowboys, etc) where the bad moments are never shown to make viewers love them.
But it appears they may actually be this season's villains.

Offline James_Earl

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2015, 07:11:59 PM »
With regards with the Detour tasks, the subpar one for me was with the Statue Delivery Task, it would have been better if it was a self-driving delivery task. The Garbage Collection one was fine with me as it really let them immerse in the daily life of some Argentinians. The Tango task was also fine with me. Editing was slightly better that the 1st leg. Also, why did Tanner & Josh not read where they are going at the start of the Leg. The winning team from the previous leg always gets to read the clue. This is the 1st time I think has happened with the editing. ???

This episode also let me get to know some of the teams better:

> Tiffany & Krista's enthusiasm is  :hearts: (TAR has casted really good F/F casts since TAR New-Era [S.25]. We have, Kym & Alli, Amy & Maya, Shelley & Nici. Now we have Tiffany & Krista)
> Tanner & Josh's determination and being gentlemen to Jazmine & Danielle, one of those Amazing Race Random Acts of Kindness Moments.  :yess:
> Logan & Chris, I did not get to see them that much in the 1st leg. Now I like them.  :yess:
> Kelsey & Joey, I really like this couple, they have fun attitudes despite small screen times based on the 2 episodes.
> Denise  :hearts:. James Earl, I know you're here. Tell your mom, she 's awesome and rockin those lipsticks.
> Ernest & Jin, They really want it so bad that even they did not do well this leg, they still want it. They want to give themselves a better life and for their mom.  :hoot:
> Cindy & Rick, are still Cindy & Rick

I will have to rewatch the Episode for a follow up review. Still I know TAR could have done a better job. It was a step up from the premiere so I'm hoping things get better and better the next legs.  :hoot:

I'll be sure to pass along the message! She'll love the support!

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2015, 08:44:13 PM »
In general the leg wasn't entertaining at all .. I was done from amazing race canada like 2 weeks ago and legs were designed in a much better way than this one! Anyways hopefully things will get better as season progresses.

This episode had something similar to Amazing Race Canada - wading in garbage!

Offline Shelact

• RFF Not So Newbie
Secret Scenes?
« Reply #95 on: October 03, 2015, 09:48:57 PM »
Gamerfan09 you referred to secret scenes (bonus clips) which have always been on the CBS Amazing Race site the day after the telecast.   I've looked every day since the season premiere and the only video scenes are clips from the show.  Where did you find the secret scenes?   Actually the same is true this season for Survivor so if anyone knows where to find secret scenes for that too I would really appreciate it.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Secret Scenes?
« Reply #96 on: October 03, 2015, 09:50:13 PM »
Gamerfan09 you referred to secret scenes (bonus clips) which have always been on the CBS Amazing Race site the day after the telecast.   I've looked every day since the season premiere and the only video scenes are clips from the show.  Where did you find the secret scenes?   Actually the same is true this season for Survivor so if anyone knows where to find secret scenes for that too I would really appreciate it.

Hmm.. are you from America? They have secret scenes along with clips from the show, best thing to do is just to play them all in the playlist and skip the show ones! :tup:

Offline Shelact

• RFF Not So Newbie
Secret Scenes?
« Reply #97 on: October 03, 2015, 10:33:35 PM »
Yes I am from America.   The CBS site only has show clips and no secret scenes.  That's why I questioned it.  Has anyone from the USA viewed secret scenes.  If so, can you tell me where to find them?

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Secret Scenes?
« Reply #98 on: October 03, 2015, 10:51:13 PM »
Yes I am from America.   The CBS site only has show clips and no secret scenes.  That's why I questioned it.  Has anyone from the USA viewed secret scenes.  If so, can you tell me where to find them?

Oh, the AmazingRaceCBS YouTube channel has them! :tup:

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #99 on: October 03, 2015, 11:25:47 PM »

This episode had something similar to Amazing Race Canada - wading in garbage!

And tango!

The edit is definitely something needing to get used to. Denise & James Earl are my absolute favourite right now! Great energy and attitude!

Justin is definitely getting the villain edit because everyone is nice. Kelly & Shevonne prolly were the originally slated villains, they just couldn't back it up with a good performance. I am interested to see if the other teams share Tanner & Josh's view of them, or if it had more to do with the fact that they're a threat to Team Texas.
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html