Author Topic: The General TV Show Thread  (Read 14065 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The General TV Show Thread
« on: September 19, 2015, 07:49:28 AM »
Instead of doing threads for each show, how about we just do a general discussion here? :x

It would be great to see what shows you're currently watching, see what others are doing, etc.

Just a nice fun general thread!  :trampb:

I'll start the ball.

I'm so excited for next week b/c my TV schedule is so hectic :lol:

Show content
Monday:
The Big Bang Theory Season 9 Premiere
Scorpion Season 2 Premiere

Tuesday:
Scream Queens Premiere
The Muppets Premiere
Fresh off the Boat Season Two Premiere

Wednesday:
Big Brother Season 17 Finale
The Amazing Race Canada Season 3 Finale
Survivor Cambodia Premiere
Empire Season 2 Premiere
Modern Family Season 7 Premiere
The Goldbergs Season 3 Premiere
Black-ish Season 2 Premiere

Thursday:
Grey’s Anatomy Season 12 Premiere
Scandal Season 5 Premiere
How to Get Away with Murder Season 2 Premiere
Heroes Reborn Premiere

Friday:
The Amazing Race 27 Premiere

Sunday:
Once Upon a Time Season 5 Premiere
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 3 Premiere
Quantico Series Premiere

I watch too much :lol:

What shows are y'all excited for?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 07:54:18 AM by gamerfan09 »

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The General TV Show Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 08:52:20 AM »
OMG THE MUPPETS THIS BETTER BE AVAILABLE SOMEWHARSE

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 11:54:06 PM »
I haven't follow any news about new series this fall at all. :lol: The only one new show I might check it out is Scream Queens.

Gonna follow How to Get Away With Murder/Haven/The Amazing Race 27/American Horror Story : Hotel (Really excited for this <3) and maybe Survivor since it get hyped SOO much lol. Lots of my fav show don't return until Winter/Spring (Suits, Bates Motel, Pretty Little Liars etc.)

I'll probably try Modern Family since my friends convince me so much. :lol: (It's my second sit-com I watch after my cute Trophy Wife get canceled painfully </3)

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 03:03:31 AM »
I haven't follow any news about new series this fall at all. :lol: The only one new show I might check it out is Scream Queens.

Gonna follow How to Get Away With Murder/Haven/The Amazing Race 27/American Horror Story : Hotel (Really excited for this <3) and maybe Survivor since it get hyped SOO much lol. Lots of my fav show don't return until Winter/Spring (Suits, Bates Motel, Pretty Little Liars etc.)

I'll probably try Modern Family since my friends convince me so much. :lol: (It's my second sit-com I watch after my cute Trophy Wife get canceled painfully </3)

oh my god Keepcopz you saw Trophy Wife? :torche
One of the BEST shows canceled after a first season omfg I hope Bert-angel makes it big on another show soon :torche

Modern Family is a great show, best of luck <3

OMG THE MUPPETS THIS BETTER BE AVAILABLE SOMEWHARSE

Check your PM box after the show airs :~)

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2015, 03:24:32 AM »
Yes. <3 Trophy Wife is AMAZING. I mistakenly watch it because the site accidentally upload its episode as another show. :lol: And I fall in love with it to the level that I go back to watch every episodes before that. <3 It's so fun, light-heart and innocently funny.

I still don't get why it get canceled, while some forced-sitcom like How I Met Your Mother (Sorry if this sounds offensive but I just can't get myself to enjoy this) get to live for like 9 freaking seasons. :res:

But whatsoever, ABC always cut off most of my fav during first season, aka 666 Park Avenue, Ringer, etc. :lol: So it's not really surprising.

Offline JSM

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2015, 04:13:48 AM »
Narcos is an amazing new series, almost feels like a documentary!

I also really enjoyed Sense8, Hannibal, Rectify and OITNB as of lately.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2015, 08:28:09 AM »
Narcos is an amazing new series, almost feels like a documentary!

I also really enjoyed Sense8, Hannibal, Rectify and OITNB as of lately.

Yas Hannibal love <3 <3 <3

How far along have you gotten?

I finished its final ever episode and omg at least they gave it a proper ending *shrugs*

I still don't get why it get canceled, while some forced-sitcom like How I Met Your Mother (Sorry if this sounds offensive but I just can't get myself to enjoy this) get to live for like 9 freaking seasons. :res:

But whatsoever, ABC always cut off most of my fav during first season, aka 666 Park Avenue, Ringer, etc. :lol: So it's not really surprising.

Because ratings make the world go round ;_; (I loved HIMYM tho, even though season 5-7 was RLY bad)

And Trophy Wife was in the 8:00 PM Tuesday Timeslot, commonly DOA for ABC shows.

Speaking of ABC first-season cancellations, Selfie and Missing crushed me tbh ;_;

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 10:20:09 AM »
This year is really underwhelming so far =/

The only good new shows were Quantico/Scream Queens/Muppets, almost everything else fell flat! :(

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2015, 10:27:47 AM »
Only thing I'm really watching on the side is *The Muppets* and I love it, it's really my humour!

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2015, 10:56:07 AM »
Only thing I'm really watching on the side is *The Muppets* and I love it, it's really my humour!

Agreed!

The entire thing also reminds me a lot of 30 Rock, and considering how much I miss 30 Rock (both shows have the same concept of the lives of the cast and crew of a late night live show), the Muppets is a charming and adorable replacement.

I also love how they're slowly integrating the entire giant Muppet ensemble week-by-week. Even though I think this characterization of Kermit is kinda going into the territory of Kermit the Prick, it all works a lot and nails the Muppet-style humor of slapstick combined with some hilariously corny puns and lines. Hope it does well!

And if anyone watched 30 Rock:
Show content
Kermit=Liz
Miss Piggy=Jenna
Gonzo=Pete
Scooter=Kenneth
Fozzie=Tracy

Now all we need is the Muppet equivalent to Jack Donaghy (Sam Eagle is close but not quite there!) :lol:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2015, 08:21:33 AM »
The Muppets is an amazing show, it does NOT deserve the dropping ratings ;___;

Hopefully it goes up soon, last episode was PHENOMENAL.

Rainbow Connection <3

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2015, 02:57:34 AM »
I'm bored today, and it's Christmas Eve, so here's a short list looking back at the truckload of TV I've seen year lol. Top Twelves!

The Twelve Best TV Episodes of the Year: (Non-Reality) [Only One Episode Each]

#1. One Last Ride - Parks and Recreation (Season 7, Episode 13)
#2. Hardhome - Game of Thrones (Season 5, Episode 8)
#3. Emotional Consequences of Broadcast Television - Community (Season 6, Episode 13)
#4. Blood Must Have Blood - The 100 (Season 2, Episode 16)
#5. Two Graves - Revenge (Season 4, Episode 24)
#6. The Wrath of the Lamb - Hannibal (Season 3, Episode 13)
#7. Certain Agony of the Battlefield - Orphan Black (Season 3, Episode 6)
#8. What Did We Do? - How to Get Away with Murder (Season 2, Episode 9)
#9. Kimmy Goes Outside! - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Season 1, Episode 1)
#10. Pilot/Hell Week - Scream Queens (Season 1, Episode 1)
#11. Pig's In A Blackout - The Muppets (Season 1, Episode 7)
#12. Connection Lost - Modern Family (Season 6, Episode 16)

Honorable Mentions: (Season-based)
American Crime Season 1
The Flash Season 1
Brooklyn Nine Nine Season 2
Fresh Off The Boat Season 1
Once Upon a Time Season 4 and 5
Marvel's Agent Carter Season 1
Galavant Season 1
iZombie Season 1

The Twelve Best TV Episodes of the Year: (Reality)

#1. Fruits of Our Labor - The Amazing Race (Season 26, Episode 10)
#2. Survivor McGyver - Survivor (Season 31, Episode 2)
#3. Who Stole My Phone - The Apprentice (Season 14, Episode 6)
#4. Santas in the Barn 1 as a Whole
#5. Big Brother 17 as a Whole
#5. I Said Straight, You Gorilla! - The Amazing Race Canada (Season 3, Episode 3)
#6. It's Like a Booze Cruise With Knowledge - The Apprentice (Season 14, Episode 5)
#7. Your Call, We'll Haul - Survivor (Season 31, Episode 8)
#8. Get in that Lederhosen, Baby - The Amazing Race (Season 26, Episode 5)
#9. Family Reunion - MasterChef (Season 6, Episode 12)
#10. We're Going to Dance! - The Amazing Race Canada (Season 3, Episode 2)
#11. We Got A Chance, Baby! - The Amazing Race (Season 27, Episode 12)
#12. It's Survivor Warfare - Survivor (Season 30, Episode 1)

Honorable Mentions:
Second Chance - Survivor (Season 31, Episode 1)
Like Selling Your Soul to the Devil/My Wheels Are Spinning - Survivor (Season 31, Episode 10-11)
May the Gods of Good Pie Be With Us! - The Apprentice (Season 14, Episode 1)
In It to Win It - The Amazing Race (Season 26, Episode 12)
Bring the Fun, Baby! - The Amazing Race (Season 27, Episode 10)
Krakow, I'm Gonna Get You - The Amazing Race (Season 27, Episode 8)
The Face Off - The Amazing Race Canada (Season 3, Episode 5)

This is all in hindsight so these might change but YOLO  :cmaslol
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 07:48:18 PM by gamerfan09 »

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2016, 07:37:14 PM »
"Who Stole My Phone" is an #ICONIC rtv episode that everyone should watch.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2016, 07:42:20 PM »
"Who Stole My Phone" is an #ICONIC rtv episode that everyone should watch.

One of the best of the year definitely! This entirety of CA7 was phenomenal lol, definitely the best since CA4!

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2016, 07:16:57 PM »
Recently started The IT Crowd on Netflix, it's really good!

It's like a smarter Big Bang Theory which hasn't been good since season six lol.

It's only about 22 episodes for the whole series since it is a British sitcom, but I'm looking forward to finishing it.

Also looking forward to "Powerless", apparently it's an upcoming DC Comics workplace sitcom with Vanessa Hudgens as the lead and it's about people working for the heroes behind the scenes, hopefully it's good and it joins Superstore in the start of an NBC comedy renaissance!

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2016, 02:03:24 AM »

It's like a smarter Big Bang Theory which hasn't been good since season six lol.

It's only about 22 episodes for the whole series since it is a British sitcom, but I'm looking forward to finishing it.

Also looking forward to "Powerless", apparently it's an upcoming DC Comics workplace sitcom with Vanessa Hudgens as the lead and it's about people working for the heroes behind the scenes, hopefully it's good and it joins Superstore in the start of an NBC comedy renaissance!
It is so awesome that you are a new I.T Crowd fan gamer. I watched all of the episodes on Netflix earlier in the year and I loved it too (no spoilers but my personal favourite episodes are "Work Outing", "The Final Countdown" and "The Internet Is Coming" (the series finale))

I also loved Superstore (can't wait for S2 of Supperstore) while I haven't seen any promos on Powerless, I am willing to give it a go (manily because you think it looks good)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 02:47:21 AM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2016, 02:24:59 AM »
Halfway through season 1 of Brooklyn 99 and find it good for a quick laugh! Episodes are short so I find them great to just take a break from college work and watch them. The best part is all the characters are lovable in their own way! And it's not so intense on my brain :lol:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2016, 03:21:01 AM »

It is so awesome that you are a new I.T Crowd fan gamer. I watched all of the episodes on Netflix earlier in the year and I loved it too (no spoilers but my personal favourite episodes are "Work Outing", "The Final Countdown" and "The Internet Is Coming" (the series finale))

I also loved Superstore (can't wait for S2 of Supperstore) while I haven't seen any promos on Powerless, I am willing to give it a go (manily because you think it looks good)

omg I'm on Season Three now and yes, Work Outing is one of the best sitcom episodes of all time :lol: <3

It's just so well-woven together! It's like, even the smallest of things at the start of the episode had a payoff and I was LITERALLY in tears during everything with the disabled :lol: :lol: :lol: <3

I also really love The Haunting of Bill Crouser, easily #2 favourite episode! The entire scene near the ending where Jen walks in the rain gave me stomach cramps :lol:

It's an amazing show, but honestly the rest of season 2 post-Moss and the German was just okay =/

Having heard that season three is great though gives me hope. Time to watch! ;D

Halfway through season 1 of Brooklyn 99 and find it good for a quick laugh! Episodes are short so I find them great to just take a break from college work and watch them. The best part is all the characters are lovable in their own way! And it's not so intense on my brain :lol:

Glad to see you enjoyed Brooklyn 99 <3

And yeah, I agree, unlike other workplace comedies like The Office (which had Andy Bernard) and Parks and Rec (which had Chris Traeger), Brooklyn Nine Nine's ensemble is STELLAR in its entirety, definitely one of the best casting on any show PERIOD. Everyone just really brings it! ;D

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2016, 06:01:05 PM »
Watched the first episode of The Characters which is Netflix's new comedy show. I would use the word comedy extremely loosely for the first episode because it was dire. I feel like I should watch the rest as the skits are different each episode (different comedian per episode) and maybe I just didn't like that one. But if they follow the same mark as the first episode I'll be calling it a day after the next one.

Has anyone tried Flaked yet? Might look at that instead.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2016, 06:21:29 PM »

I love Arrested Development, so when I saw Mitchell Hurwitz (the creator of AD) and Will Arnett (GOB on AD), I was excited.

Unfortunately I tried three episodes and it was such a snoozefest. If you're gonna try it out I suppose just check out AD instead :tup:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2016, 06:42:38 PM »

I love Arrested Development, so when I saw Mitchell Hurwitz (the creator of AD) and Will Arnett (GOB on AD), I was excited.

Unfortunately I tried three episodes and it was such a snoozefest. If you're gonna try it out I suppose just check out AD instead :tup:

AD is on my list to try once I get through the first season of Brooklyn Nine Nine which I've nearly done :lol:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2016, 06:46:41 PM »

AD is on my list to try once I get through the first season of Brooklyn Nine Nine which I've nearly done :lol:

<3 You're in for an amazing ride! (Even though Season 1 is pretty weak compared to 2-3 of AD and 4 is just ok)

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2016, 06:59:34 PM »
Finally finished The IT Crowd, and even though I thought the quality between Season 3 and 4 was pretty uneven, I loved the series finale and ultimately I really loved it, one of the best comedies I've ever seen!

I know the creator also made Father Ted... does anyone know if it's any good? :lol:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2016, 07:34:43 PM »
Finally finished The IT Crowd, and even though I thought the quality between Season 3 and 4 was pretty uneven, I loved the series finale and ultimately I really loved it, one of the best comedies I've ever seen!

I know the creator also made Father Ted... does anyone know if it's any good? :lol:

If you ask any other Irish person than me they would probably say yes. It's a pretty old series though!

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2016, 07:05:18 AM »
I'm currently watching Twin Peaks and Friday Night Lights lol. But both are good shows, although I can hear Rihanna singing "Where have you been?" in my ear right now. I watch the episode of each shows alternately.

I can't really wait to see Agent Dale Cooper gracing my screen again next year
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here