Author Topic: TAR Canada 3 - Ep 11 "Cabotage"  (Read 8859 times)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
TAR Canada 3 - Ep 11 "Cabotage"
« on: September 09, 2015, 09:06:23 AM »
Title quote thanks to WindsorSue!

« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 06:41:19 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR Canada 3 - Ep 11 TBA
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 09:06:42 AM »
Preview!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/FOSNWhMUmCo" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/FOSNWhMUmCo</a>
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 08:33:57 AM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 09:06:58 AM »
Saved.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 09:07:17 AM »
No posting except for Oval.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 04:38:45 PM »
Episode title: Cabotage

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR Canada 3 - Ep 11 "Cabotage"
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 11:25:21 AM »
Caps from the preview!

« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 11:32:20 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2015, 11:25:53 AM »
Second partof the caps.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 11:35:49 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2015, 11:54:15 AM »
I'm not sure Oval's even looking at this board anymore for this season, Alen.

His last "Saved" post, on episode 8, still says "Saved".

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2015, 12:04:22 PM »
The guy on #22 bears a striking resemblance to Gord of TAR recappers Gord & Wayne (Sue would know them). Wayne said Gord regularly volunteers at Fort Edmonton Park where it took place - it's a re-enactment village.

He's denying it, but if it is him, he'd have to under contract until the episode airs.

I hope it is, it'd be cool to sorta know a task extra :D
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 12:28:28 PM by Maanca »

Offline gabriel90

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2015, 06:29:34 AM »
I really believe this will be another leg won but G and J brothers! Stealing the wrestlers cab is an indication if anything ..leaving the latter to fight for the remaining taxi with the father and daughter team! But that leaves the question where is the other annoying brothers team!? Hopefully not ahead of Jesse and Gino ???

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2015, 07:35:15 AM »
Really hoping that Brent & Sean or Simi & Ope make the finals!  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

But I doubt it since Simi & Ope are obviously gone this ep ;_;

F4 KOR TWIST PLEASE

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2015, 09:23:23 AM »
Really hoping that Brent & Sean or Simi & Ope make the finals!  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

But I doubt it since Simi & Ope are obviously gone this ep ;_;

F4 KOR TWIST PLEASE

I'd love that, too, and the last leg would fit a final 4. It's in 2 destinations an hour apart, and only one team was seen during the first half.

So that gives me a little hope it'll happen :)

Offline gabriel90

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2015, 08:29:15 AM »
Guys I was thinking cz the promo makes it look like Gino and Jesse are the ones who stealing the wrestlers cab but what if it was not them but just an editing trick to throw us off  :spy:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2015, 08:29:19 PM »
Guys I was thinking cz the promo makes it look like Gino and Jesse are the ones who stealing the wrestlers cab but what if it was not them but just an editing trick to throw us off  :spy:

nah they're evil they definitely took it i dont think promos ever lie

Offline gabriel90

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2015, 07:39:49 AM »

)-**

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2015, 07:57:17 AM »

)-**

The promos part are true though... I have never remembered a TAR promo ever going back on what they promise in it.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2015, 09:06:39 AM »

)-**

The promos part are true though... I have never remembered a TAR promo ever going back on what they promise in it.

No lies, but there may have been an exaggeration from time to time. However, in another preview Nick & Matt and Simi & Ope call a cab at the same time (after G&J take the cab at the Waste Mgmt task) and Ope says "two wrongs don't make a right." But N&M say the cabbie doesn't have a name on the call.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2015, 09:57:33 AM »

I do, the promo when Australia 3 went to Namibia :P

They put 2 unrelated scenes together (Jono arguing with John & Murray/Jono collapsed from dehydration) to look like there was going to be a brawl.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 10:01:37 AM by Maanca »

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2015, 10:45:43 AM »

For Tar22 Ep10 they had the airport drama with Joey and Meghan cheering because they caught an earlier flight

Offline gabriel90

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2015, 03:57:00 PM »

)-**

Well the promo of the 4th episode ... when according to it they let you believe it was Gino and Jesse who lost the passport by editing it in a way that makes you think like that :iok

They are constantly makin Gino and Jesse the target in all their promos

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2015, 02:33:38 AM »

)-**

told you they were evil

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2015, 09:01:37 AM »
At least Nick and Matt were on Twitter last night defending their actions while Gino and Jesse were silent (they have not been very active on social media at all)

Offline gabriel90

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2015, 10:25:33 AM »

)-**

told you they were evil

:gaah: I still love them ... Gino and Jesse still my fav and I am rooting for them to win it all :conf: (Or the wrestlers if G&J didn't make it  :grins:)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2015, 08:19:32 PM »
Here's some behind the scenes info from the leg in Edmonton:

https://transformingedmonton.ca/behind-the-scenes-with-city-staff-on-the-amazing-race/

When Erika Droessler, Education Programs Coordinator for the Edmonton Waste Management Centre was asked to give a tour to two people who wanted to shoot a tourism video, she wasn’t too surprised. After all, giving tours to the public is a big part of her job.

However, she was surprised by some of their peculiar questions as they all walked around the state-of-the-art facility.

“They asked some strange questions: very specific things about operations and how we measured the employees work,” she recalls.

In hindsight, Erika realizes that the “tourists” had realized their questions were oddly specific, so “eventually one of them said ‘Should we get her to sign a nondisclosure agreement?”

That’s when they revealed that they were producers for CTV’s The Amazing Race Canada and were looking for tasks they could assign the racers. “They told me, ‘We want to make our racers as tired, as sweaty and as uncomfortable as we can,’ so my role was to help them figure what would be a good challenge,” says Erika.

On Thursday night, The Amazing Race aired its penultimate episode with the final four teams of racers taking on Edmonton.

The popular competitive reality show features teams of two from across Canada, that compete in a scavenger hunt-style race in various cities around the country, with the winners taking home $250,000.

The first stop in Edmonton was our iconic City Hall, where the racers had to interrupt and mock wedding ceremony to get a clue that sent them to the Waste Management Centre.

There, they had to complete one of the two tasks that Erika and the facility’s Contract Administrator, Clayton Sampson, helped the producers develop.

The “paper” task consisted of sorting garbage and non-recyclable materials from a conveyor belt and the “plastic” task was taking apart television sets.

Both tasks were challenging for the racers, especially the paper one according to Clayton, who says motion sickness can be a problem for newbies. “You’re picking things off a moving conveyor belt that’s going at a pretty good clip, so the natural tendency is to follow one item with your eyes, which can make some people feel nauseous.”

But he says the racers watched the actual employees, who were still working in the background during the the shoot. and “figured it out pretty quickly.”

Clayton was also drafted to hand out an envelope on camera. “I drew the short straw,” he quipped.

The racers had to complete several other challenges in and around Edmonton, including curling, extreme shopping at a gas station in Saint Albert and some play-acting at and old-time saloon in Fort Edmonton Park.

The Muttart Conservatory was the show’s “pit stop” and also hosted the cast and crew of about 100 for lunch and dinner with catering from the on-site Culina Café.

“They also did their post-race interviews in and around our park area,” says Heather Seutter, Director of the Muttart Conservatory, River Valley & Horticulture Community and Recreation Facilities. “As you know there are beautiful views of the downtown skyline from Gallagher Hill that made it onto the show.”

She says the hardest part about the experience was keeping the secret for so long since the show actually filmed this episode in May. “We were really proud to be able to show-off our great city and its facilities. It’s a high profile show that really showcases Edmonton on a national stage.”

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2015, 11:44:34 PM »
I don't want to be mean but that interview...

"show off our great city and facilities" *has task in a gas station*

:lol: