Author Topic: TARCanada 3 - Episode 10 LIVE SHOW Discussion September 9th!  (Read 11466 times)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
TARCanada 3 - Episode 10 LIVE SHOW Discussion September 9th!
« on: September 09, 2015, 09:05:19 AM »

IMPORTANT!

If you are unable to watch LIVE, please be aware that this thread WILL contain spoilers, so proceed at your own risk.  :oh 
This thread will contain OUTCOME Spoilers.

Canadians, PLEASE help update as the show unfolds! Many of us will be counting on you until we can watch later. We hope everyone will join in the fun!! :wohoo:

We do NOT think there will be a live stream, if we do there will be a separate thread. But...don't get your hopes up.

Also,  if you are watching anything but the CTV feed, it is your responsibility to be sure you are not ahead of us if you want to post/update in this thread. 

SO PLEASE ** NO  OUTCOMES ** to be posted before the show is done airing East Coast time!  And NO future spoilers either!

Otherwise, come watch with us for the best weekly viewing party in town!! :party:

And you can entertain yourself with our spoiler threads as well while you wait! **Spoilers**

Have FUN everyone and :tu for joining us!!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARCanada 3 - Episode 10 LIVE SHOW Discussion September 9th!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 05:13:21 PM »
Sorry, won't be here again. :( Got tickets for a fancy dinner event tonight. If no one is able to update, I can post a summary of it when it gets posted online for those of you who can't watch.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 08:58:27 PM »
Gino and Jesse won the leg and uturned Nick and Matt
Brent and Sean were 2nd
Nick and Matt were 3rd and uturned Dujean and Leilani
Simi and Ope were 4th
Dujean and Leilani were eliminated
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 09:15:17 PM »
So teams traveled to BC by India-Japan-Vancouver
1) First challenged was a maze of car, like they had in S2 of Australia, move cars to make your car pass. (Nick and Matt had early lead)
2) Then the roadblock, two figures in wakeboard, slide and jump. (Order of finish: J/G, B/S, N/M, S/O and D/J, last she was injured but continued)
3) Speedbump just before the detour for B/S: make 12 bottles of wine from scrap, includent the cork and all
4)Detour: Brain or Brawn, brain was: find wine bottles with coordinate, sling shot a target with potato and stacks some wooden planks. Braws was picl up 10 sack of onions, the tired, and monkey barns. Both detour had to finish with mud crawl race. All teams did Brawns
5)UTURN: G/J was first to finish, Uturned M/N, then M/N finished uturned D/L, after in order: B/S, M/N, S/O, D/L who took two penalties and didn't do any side of the detour, a lot of yelling and tears with them, said they didn't want to talk to each other
6) Find the mini Jon
and the pitstop

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 09:24:33 PM »
Next week: Edmonton, Alberta
Racers go back in time in a western saloon-themed task
Curling, it's a Face Off (seriously, at final 4?!)
Gino & Jesse steal Nick & Matt's taxi

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 09:26:51 PM »
Why put a dumb Face-Off at the Final Four :res:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 09:50:41 PM »
Could you give us the teams departed from the previous Pit Stop in Delhi?

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 10:03:19 PM »
It might be important to point out, that despite not reinforced in the preview, but only through banners during the episode, there's the info that Leg 11 will be on Sep 17th (THU) instead of 16th (WED).

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2015, 03:16:37 AM »
I'm surprised that teams are allowed to use the W-turn twice  :o
It was sad ending fro Dujean & Leilani to exit the race with injury and not communicate well
And who thought Simi & Ope made this far? :D

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2015, 05:46:29 AM »

Damn, that's so stupid.  I was shocked.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2015, 06:05:53 AM »
Gino & Jessie used the uturn twice?????????  :funny: what a mess this season has fluffed into

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2015, 07:28:50 AM »
I guess there's no limit on TAR Canada.  Didn't Sukhi & Jinder also use the U-Turn twice last season? (Including the unaired one?)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2015, 08:08:31 AM »
I guess there's no limit on TAR Canada.  Didn't Sukhi & Jinder also use the U-Turn twice last season? (Including the unaired one?)

Tim & Tim almost did in the first season.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2015, 08:13:30 AM »

I remember they were involved in the Hong Kong U-Turn, but I don't remember if they were the U-Turn-ers or U-Turn-ees. LOL

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2015, 08:28:50 AM »

Damn, that's so stupid.  I was shocked.

I think some of us speculated there would be a 2nd one, so I wasn't that shocked. This one should work out...it's curling. I think it's a good sport for a Face-Off. There won't be a 2X U-Turn and I doubt anyone will take a penalty at this stage of the race.

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2015, 09:40:26 AM »
Sad that Dujean & Leilani were eliminated, and saddest the way they were eliminated. I love her.

I really don't like Gino & Jesse. Stealing cabs on the next week? I hope they will be eliminated! Go Simi & Ope, Wrestlers, Brent & Sean!

I don't like the Face-Off at the F4 either... And it doesn't look good for Simi & Opi on the preview.. ;(

Another M/M win? :(
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2015, 02:37:15 AM »
Another crappy leg, what a surprise TAR Canada!

The Roadblock was fun, but the Detour was so stupid. Why have the Double U-Turn right AFTER the Detour on foot with no option to go to another place?

G*n* & J*ss* pulled a T*ms style U-Turn and if they win  )-** )-** )-** )-** )-** )-** )-**

Dujean & Leilani :torche

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2015, 02:38:09 AM »
oh and apparently TARCAN casuals on twitter (i tracked the tag while the show aired to see what happened) are all thirsty over gino and jesse which means they probably win bye

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2015, 07:12:48 AM »
oh and apparently TARCAN casuals on twitter (i tracked the tag while the show aired to see what happened) are all thirsty over gino and jesse which means they probably win bye

I guess American casuals love cowboys, Canadian casuals love pierced nipples. lol

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2015, 10:40:24 AM »

I admit this Leg was weaker than any of the previous, probably the weakest of the Season, but this is the only poor Leg I can think of so far.  (Maybe Leg 7 wasn't all that fantastic)  So I'm curious as to which other Legs you thought were crappy?  ???
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 10:48:00 AM by nmccarroll91 »
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2015, 10:54:42 AM »
Team Averages as of Leg 10:

Nick & Matt - 3.1
Gino & Jesse - 3.2
Brent & Sean - 4.1
Dujean & Leilani - 4.2 (Eliminated)
Simi & Ope - 5.4

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2015, 10:58:44 AM »
Simi & Ope are the most boring team ever to last this far in the race

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2015, 11:11:16 AM »
Unless Canada adopts the final 4 thing of the last 2 US seasons (which I doubt), with a Face Off that's them against 3 guy teams who have all won legs, they probably don't have a chance next week.

Then again, did Jon say "for a spot in the finale" in the preview? I actually don't remember him saying it.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 11:17:00 AM by Maanca »

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2015, 11:57:42 AM »

Wow... WoW... WOW, WOW!!!! Hoooold On!  :nono2:  :lol:

Bare with me here, but they were my pre-fave team before the Season aired, and are still my favourite team to this point, but I'll be the first to admit that I've never seen a team make it this far, and be THIS invisible.  They have gotten literally NO airtime whatsoever!  :groan:  :gaah:

Ope seems to have a great sense of humour, with his constant "dad dancing", and over the top excitement every time they finish a task before another team.  I definitely don't think they're boring, it's just they haven't been given any development, or story build all Season.  The most development they got was in Leg 1 with Ope overcoming his fear of water - What have we learned about them since?? Absolutely diddly-squat.  (:;)

If next weeks episode jams them down our throat, and does nothing but talk about their lives and backstory, it'll be a clear indication that they'll be eliminated.  :'(

I blame producers, and editing for their "boringness", not them.  And lets face it, if the only time it ever showed them was at the start line, and never again, they'd still be 1,000,000 times more exciting then Gino & Jesse.  :barf

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2015, 12:07:46 PM »
Amy & Maya were invisible until Singapore leg and they won.

I like Simi but I don't like Ope.

About next week's Face off, if it requires skill more than strength, maybe Simi and Ope will not be disadvantaged. The main reason they lost in the first Face off, mostly because they sucks in water-based challenge, not because they are the physically weakest team.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2015, 12:28:12 PM »

Wow... WoW... WOW, WOW!!!! Hoooold On!  :nono2:  :lol:

Bare with me here, but they were my pre-fave team before the Season aired, and are still my favourite team to this point, but I'll be the first to admit that I've never seen a team make it this far, and be THIS invisible.  They have gotten literally NO airtime whatsoever!  :groan:  :gaah:

Ope seems to have a great sense of humour, with his constant "dad dancing", and over the top excitement every time they finish a task before another team.  I definitely don't think they're boring, it's just they haven't been given any development, or story build all Season.  The most development they got was in Leg 1 with Ope overcoming his fear of water - What have we learned about them since?? Absolutely diddly-squat.  (:;)

If next weeks episode jams them down our throat, and does nothing but talk about their lives and backstory, it'll be a clear indication that they'll be eliminated.  :'(

I blame producers, and editing for their "boringness", not them.  And lets face it, if the only time it ever showed them was at the start line, and never again, they'd still be 1,000,000 times more exciting then Gino & Jesse.  :barf

I think this describes why they are boring. The editors can only edit with what they are giving, which evidently has been boring.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2015, 04:13:58 PM »
Oh yeah, I just remembered the other task in next week's preview.

They're in some factory dressed like oil workers (a Petro-Canada task, perhaps. We haven't had any product placement from them yet, no "drive yourself to a station and fill up" clue like last season)

Edmonton is "the oil city", so it wouldn't be unexpected.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 04:21:10 PM by Maanca »

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2015, 04:50:52 PM »

I admit this Leg was weaker than any of the previous, probably the weakest of the Season, but this is the only poor Leg I can think of so far.  (Maybe Leg 7 wasn't all that fantastic)  So I'm curious as to which other Legs you thought were crappy?  ???

Everything except the Argentina and India legs, Nova Scotia, and Sasketchawan but the bootlist certainly didn't help

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2015, 05:31:00 PM »

Everything except the Argentina and India legs, Nova Scotia, and Sasketchawan but the bootlist certainly didn't help

What part of moving the trucks around, wakeboarding and Freak'n Farmers tasks were weak? All of those are exhausting! And the model RR was great! Just curious what u consider weak or crappy?

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2015, 09:43:49 PM »
People have a different standard for anything so no point to argue if this season is crap or not.

I enjoyed it even I don't have a team to root for like last two seasons. Some of the tasks are boring but most of the legs are great. There are many great personalities, too.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2015, 03:00:41 AM »

What part of moving the trucks around, wakeboarding and Freak'n Farmers tasks were weak? All of those are exhausting! And the model RR was great! Just curious what u consider weak or crappy?

Weak tasks overall. The closest thing to a fun task last episode was the Truck and wakeboarding. The Detour felt very linear and unbalanced (Brains was clearly 10000x easier), the U-Turn placement was horrendous, and the model ARI was basically linear and pointless. But it was still miles better than that sorry excuse of a first leg or Halifax (the Halifax episode delivered but definitely not task-wise TBH).

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2015, 10:54:16 AM »

When I said weak, I didn't mean the tasks were easy.  The tasks were rather difficult, but they certainly weren't the most exciting of tasks to watch.  Both sides of the Detour were pretty boring.  The mud run was the best part of it, but got very little airtime.  The wakeboarding was an extremely hard task, but once again it didn't come across all that exciting on screen.  The car puzzle was fun though. 

So based on the lack of excitement the tasks protrayed on screen, that's why I said the episode came across as weak.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2015, 09:55:55 AM »
Ratings don't mean a good leg look at TAR21 it's highest rated leg was the Spain NEL or TAR19 it was the finale

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2015, 10:01:30 AM »
Sudbury was the ratings champ so far this season, and I know that wasn't some's favourite.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2015, 11:41:29 AM »
Ratings don't mean a good leg look at TAR21 it's highest rated leg was the Spain NEL or TAR19 it was the finale

High rating don't mean a good leg and your opinion doesn't mean poor leg.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2015, 11:58:36 AM »
*fans self*

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2015, 06:10:48 AM »

High rating don't mean a good leg and your opinion doesn't mean poor leg.

That has no correlation though? :lol:

All I did was state my opinion, that's what this forum is for. :)

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2015, 06:11:21 AM »

When I said weak, I didn't mean the tasks were easy.  The tasks were rather difficult, but they certainly weren't the most exciting of tasks to watch.  Both sides of the Detour were pretty boring.  The mud run was the best part of it, but got very little airtime.  The wakeboarding was an extremely hard task, but once again it didn't come across all that exciting on screen.  The car puzzle was fun though. 

So based on the lack of excitement the tasks protrayed on screen, that's why I said the episode came across as weak.

exactly, thank you!

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2015, 02:26:14 PM »
"My bladder is not psychic unfortunately" :lol:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2015, 02:27:44 PM »
This leg was so good! I loved all the tasks from start to finish. Really solid leg! Brent & Sean struggling is so hilarious to watch.

Ranking:
Gino & Jessie = Brent & Sean
Dujean & Leilani

the rest.