Author Topic: Season 27 the Awakening!  (Read 90294 times)

Offline JustinAndDiana

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
  • The real Justin & Diana
    • JustinAndDiana.com
Re: Season 27 the Awakening!
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2015, 07:26:54 AM »
Congratulations on your Leg 2 win! I'm definitly rooting for you guys!

Have you taken the trip already?

thank you and nobody gets any prizes until after the whole season airs

i'm not mad at the editing. it is actually making for some good episodes so as a superfan i enjoy it plus I don't mind if people think i'm a cry baby or too excited/obnoxious
Justin & Diana
Amazing Race  Season 27
@JustinClassic1
@LadyClassicOne

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2015, 04:26:48 AM »
Hey from Australia you guys.

I don't really have anything interesting to ask but I want to just say I am supporting you on the show  :hoot: :cheer: :<3

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2015, 07:50:12 AM »
i'm not mad at the editing. it is actually making for some good episodes so as a superfan i enjoy it plus I don't mind if people think i'm a cry baby or too excited/obnoxious

thank you! YOU ARE SO COOL.

That makes your team TOTALLY ROOTABLE! I've seen so many past teams having issue with the edit/portrayed negatively and got so upset with it. But the thing is, if you haven't said those things, then there's really nothing much for the editors to edit.

I like it that you're totally responsible for your words and cool about it. THANKS FOR BEING SO UPFRONT AND FRANK! <3

Edit 7 legs later: I take back my words. I don't care I'm manipulated by the edit or what but ew.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 05:48:21 AM by Jobby »

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2015, 11:39:08 PM »
Loving this thread.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2015, 10:20:30 AM »
Great to see the current racers posting in this thread!

Justin and Diana, did you guys call yourselves the green team because you guys are fans of Brendon and Rachel?  :funny:

Also, did you also set targets for yourselves, in terms of number of legs that you wish to win?

Offline JustinAndDiana

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
    • JustinAndDiana.com
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2015, 11:05:50 AM »

Justin and Diana, did you guys call yourselves the green team because you guys are fans of Brendon and Rachel?  :funny:

Also, did you also set targets for yourselves, in terms of number of legs that you wish to win?

We did not choose to be called #TheGreenTeam we wanted #AuroraLove but green is special to us because of the northern lights.  I hope we are not like the Brenchels lol and as a super fan winning one leg was the first goal but I wanted to be the first team to win them all lol!
Justin & Diana
Amazing Race  Season 27
@JustinClassic1
@LadyClassicOne

Offline James_Earl

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2015, 12:06:33 PM »

The hashtags came from essentially what every other team referred to you as during the race. Everyone called Justin and Diana "The Green Team" for example.

We did not choose to be called #TheGreenTeam we wanted #AuroraLove but green is special to us because of the northern lights.  I hope we are not like the Brenchels lol and as a super fan winning one leg was the first goal but I wanted to be the first team to win them all lol!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2015, 12:31:35 PM »
The origin of this season's hashtags -- vvvvvvery interesting!
-- theschnauzers

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2015, 09:26:28 PM »
It's nice to know where the hashtags for TAR on social media come from. I am still confused why the relationships are not shown beside the members of each team. I personally would not want to be labeled by JUST a hashtag that makes me look like part of a "best friends team" if I was actually half of a parent-child or co-worker duo.

Also, James_Earl, did you think the penalty shown tonight was justified? I thought your mom's help in the flashback clip was more so words of advice than a direct give-away unless there was more to the story that wasn't aired.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline James_Earl

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2015, 06:25:30 PM »
It's nice to know where the hashtags for TAR on social media come from. I am still confused why the relationships are not shown beside the members of each team. I personally would not want to be labeled by JUST a hashtag that makes me look like part of a "best friends team" if I was actually half of a parent-child or co-worker duo.

Also, James_Earl, did you think the penalty shown tonight was justified? I thought your mom's help in the flashback clip was more so words of advice than a direct give-away unless there was more to the story that wasn't aired.

So first off, we technically broke the rules and got the penalty that we deserved. It was kind of bitter because I didn't actually hear Mom say that to me and I figured out my mistake on my own. Unfortunately, the rule was broken so we got the penalty. I just wish we would have gotten some kind of advantage from it. At the end of the day, we weren't eliminated so it could have been much worse. Learned a lesson from it though!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2015, 09:36:07 AM »

So first off, we technically broke the rules and got the penalty that we deserved. It was kind of bitter because I didn't actually hear Mom say that to me and I figured out my mistake on my own. Unfortunately, the rule was broken so we got the penalty. I just wish we would have gotten some kind of advantage from it. At the end of the day, we weren't eliminated so it could have been much worse. Learned a lesson from it though!
Glad you and your mom are good sports and handled the 30 minutes with respect. :) I would have been hyperventilating and bewildered in that time. Can't wait to see more of Denise & James Earl in the coming weeks!
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2015, 02:59:45 PM »
A couple questions for Justin and Diana:

When you caught the local bus after leaving the leg's Pit Start, did the driver tell you that the Bus Terminal he was going to was not the Buenos Aires one that is located only 20 minutes away from the Campo de Polo, but a secondary Terminal?

How did you manage to pay the bus? Did you get somehow coins at some point of your stay in Buenos Aires? Because I don't think you had a pre-paid card as any of us living here have and drivers don't sell tickets since the ticket dispensers started to being used.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline JustinAndDiana

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
    • JustinAndDiana.com
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2015, 05:13:24 PM »
A couple questions for Justin and Diana:

When you caught the local bus after leaving the leg's Pit Start, did the driver tell you that the Bus Terminal he was going to was not the Buenos Aires one that is located only 20 minutes away from the Campo de Polo, but a secondary Terminal?

How did you manage to pay the bus? Did you get somehow coins at some point of your stay in Buenos Aires? Because I don't think you had a pre-paid card as any of us living here have and drivers don't sell tickets since the ticket dispensers started to being used.

1. We actually took a cab from the polo field and he dropped us off at that bus stop. (:;) ( we thought that bus would take us the whole way) When we got on the bus the driver didn't say anything about a whole different bus terminal he actually dropped us off about 10 blocks from the terminal we were suppossed to be at, in a dark alley with no signs!  :o video here https://www.facebook.com/JustinClassic1/videos/vb.641069839272080/937902412922153/?type=2&theater

2. We tried to give him money but he said no so we were lucky enough to get a free ride  :wohoo:

Justin & Diana
Amazing Race  Season 27
@JustinClassic1
@LadyClassicOne

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2015, 06:06:08 PM »
That's the old bus terminal. What I don't understand is why he didn't dropped you in the designated stop at the Terminal of local buses that is only three blocks away from the place you needed to go :groan: .
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline JustinAndDiana

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
    • JustinAndDiana.com
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2015, 07:24:03 PM »
That's the old bus terminal. What I don't understand is why he didn't dropped you in the designated stop at the Terminal of local buses that is only three blocks away from the place you needed to go :groan: .

We were hoping the video shows him saying something in spanish when we get off the bus. like him telling us where to go and maybe i just didnt understand but it's crazy he left us in the middle of nowhere
Justin & Diana
Amazing Race  Season 27
@JustinClassic1
@LadyClassicOne

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2015, 07:31:59 PM »
Fortunately, you located the correct place and with enough time to catch the leading teams on the first bus.  :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2015, 08:53:52 PM »
Had to love the look on their faces when you guys got on!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2015, 09:18:51 PM »
So james you mom why married  couple  why

Offline JustinAndDiana

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
    • JustinAndDiana.com
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2015, 09:51:49 PM »

Tanners face was priceless
Justin & Diana
Amazing Race  Season 27
@JustinClassic1
@LadyClassicOne

Offline James_Earl

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2015, 05:59:59 AM »
So james you mom why married  couple  why

Huh?

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2015, 12:38:58 PM »

Tanners face was priceless

The classic "Oh you made it" expression of disappointment :lol:
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2015, 07:46:06 AM »
Hey Justin, Diana and James-Earl. Can you guys give us a little seek peek preview for tonight's show?(if you legally can  thing)?

Offline JustinAndDiana

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
    • JustinAndDiana.com
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2015, 08:26:23 AM »
Hey Justin, Diana and James-Earl. Can you guys give us a little seek peek preview for tonight's show?(if you legally can  thing)?

This is all we are allowed to show right here  :wohoo: https://goo.gl/RjoLGX
Justin & Diana
Amazing Race  Season 27
@JustinClassic1
@LadyClassicOne

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2015, 05:37:05 PM »

This is all we are allowed to show right here  :wohoo: https://goo.gl/RjoLGX
Interesting, very interesting. Can't wait to watch!!!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2015, 10:13:50 PM »
Congrats on another first place, JustinAndDiana! I have a couple questions about the Zambia-Zimbabwe episode:

1) Did you two win anything for coming in first at the orphanage?

2) Since the visit to the orphanage, have you or will you stick true to the "resolution" of being more engaged in helping people within your community or elsewhere outside of the realm of The Amazing Race? And if yes, how so?