Author Topic: Season 27 the Awakening!  (Read 90293 times)

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Season 27 the Awakening!
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2015, 11:49:48 PM »
I think Mikey from season 26 made an account because on the bottom of my screen I see latest member: MikeyZEROE. I think he goes by this on twitter.

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php?action=profile;u=23663
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline JustinAndDiana

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
  • The real Justin & Diana
    • JustinAndDiana.com
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2015, 11:17:09 AM »
nothing changed we are just a more active cast. it's always better to ask for forgiveness than permission. Plus non of us will break the rules they worry about. we will only talk about what has aired already and no spoilers.

This seasons cast is pretty close we talk/text/facebook/snapchat a lot with each other.
We all love the show and want to see it for years to come. So we all want to stay active online and on social media.
As a superfan I really feel that season 27 will quickly become a top 5 season. The route is awesome!, The cast is diverse, no gimmicks, and a great nostalgia feel for fans who have been watching for over 10 years.
 :cheer: :hearts: :conf: :luvya: :wohoo: :trampb:
Justin & Diana
Amazing Race  Season 27
@JustinClassic1
@LadyClassicOne

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2015, 11:19:49 AM »
I am thinking this is going to be a superseason too!! Love the nostalgia part!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline James_Earl

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2015, 01:02:36 PM »
nothing changed we are just a more active cast. it's always better to ask for forgiveness than permission. Plus non of us will break the rules they worry about. we will only talk about what has aired already and no spoilers.

This seasons cast is pretty close we talk/text/facebook/snapchat a lot with each other.
We all love the show and want to see it for years to come. So we all want to stay active online and on social media.
As a superfan I really feel that season 27 will quickly become a top 5 season. The route is awesome!, The cast is diverse, no gimmicks, and a great nostalgia feel for fans who have been watching for over 10 years.
 :cheer: :hearts: :conf: :luvya: :wohoo: :trampb:

Hear! Hear! I really do hope all of you enjoy the season. Obviously, we think it's gonna be great but you guys are the real judges!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2015, 03:48:12 PM »
<33333333333333333333333333 JAMES/JUSTIN/DIANA :<3

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2015, 08:23:22 PM »
Justin, you were a fan of the Race, did you not remember TAR23's Fast Forward with the weather before you headed off? Just curious lol

Offline JustinAndDiana

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
    • JustinAndDiana.com
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2015, 03:59:25 PM »
Justin, you were a fan of the Race, did you not remember TAR23's Fast Forward with the weather before you headed off? Just curious lol

weather was beautiful and it didn't cross my mind about Jason and Amy until after the fact! .. oh well lesson learned!
Justin & Diana
Amazing Race  Season 27
@JustinClassic1
@LadyClassicOne

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2015, 08:32:12 PM »
A now appropriate question since episode 1 has aired; if you're permitted to answer and you team performed the puzzle detour.....how long did it take your team to complete that puzzle?

And in addition to the new twist on the Express Pass are there any other rule changes this season that were evident in episode one?
-- theschnauzers

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2015, 09:21:20 PM »
+ how long was the FF place away from the helicopters?

Offline JustinAndDiana

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
    • JustinAndDiana.com
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2015, 09:33:45 PM »
+ how long was the FF place away from the helicopters?

about a 30 min ride going there and 45 min ride coming back because of bad traffic

Justin & Diana
Amazing Race  Season 27
@JustinClassic1
@LadyClassicOne

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2015, 10:53:20 PM »
While things were being set up in Venice at the Start, BVM asked Rob and Brennan who did the gorge swing. Rob was quick to say not us! We are the idjits who took a FF on the first leg.   :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2015, 12:24:47 PM »
Justin and Diana
I got 2 questions.
How did you spend your money?
Can you explain the story behind the word beefcakes?
Thanks.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2015, 01:00:09 PM »
Okay, let's set some guidelines please. 

Reminder to all the RFFers!! No racer posting here is to be asked for any SPOILER info. That includes via PM's.
We are so delighted and proud to have the racers here, but that means playing fair and being careful to not put any of them at any contractual risk at all.   :ty3:

IF they want and are able to comment on the previous legs, that is fine. But we will all understand if they just use this guy too!!
 :-X

That will mean no more about that for now. Okay??

And I know I can trust all our members to be super friendly and polite to our racer friends!

or face the wrath of the peach...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 01:03:39 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline JustinAndDiana

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
    • JustinAndDiana.com
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2015, 01:25:06 PM »
Justin and Diana
I got 2 questions.
How did you spend your money?
Can you explain the story behind the word beefcakes?
Thanks.

1. the Cab ride to the FF was 30 mins away and thats how we spent our money!
2. I didn't want to call them meatheads because that is negative so i tried to think of a word that got my point across without offending Josh and Tanner because I didn't know their names yet ....Beefcake is an old school compliment for guys with big muscles. I have used it since the wrestler Brutis the barber Beefcake..lol 
Justin & Diana
Amazing Race  Season 27
@JustinClassic1
@LadyClassicOne

Offline James_Earl

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2015, 01:39:04 PM »
A now appropriate question since episode 1 has aired; if you're permitted to answer and you team performed the puzzle detour.....how long did it take your team to complete that puzzle?

And in addition to the new twist on the Express Pass are there any other rule changes this season that were evident in episode one?

I don't think many teams completed the puzzle in the first place. If I remember correctly, it was only us, ChacAttack, Cheerleaders, and TMZ. I finished the puzzle in about 6 minutes. I'm not sure how long it took the other teams.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2015, 02:21:11 PM »

I don't think many teams completed the puzzle in the first place. If I remember correctly, it was only us, ChacAttack, Cheerleaders, and TMZ. I finished the puzzle in about 6 minutes. I'm not sure how long it took the other teams.

Danke, sir!
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2015, 03:08:05 PM »
I have a question for JustinandDiana...

When you won the "prize" of the early flight, as fans, did you all consider what a double edged sword that was? WE know that you never want to be alone...if that flight had been more delayed you could have been eliminated because of that.  :ascared

Just wondered if refusing it was an option....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline JustinAndDiana

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
    • JustinAndDiana.com
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2015, 03:42:50 PM »
I have a question for JustinandDiana...

When you won the "prize" of the early flight, as fans, did you all consider what a double edged sword that was? WE know that you never want to be alone...if that flight had been more delayed you could have been eliminated because of that.  :ascared

Just wondered if refusing it was an option....

Not one second did we ever think " Maybe we should lose this first task" We wanted to be leaders not followers our plan going in was to play to win not play just to survive.  But as a superfan I understood the risk/reward
Justin & Diana
Amazing Race  Season 27
@JustinClassic1
@LadyClassicOne

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2015, 01:09:14 PM »
Hey justin, do you think the edit you are getting now is justified? I think it's biased and you guys are negatively portrayed and i didn't like that.

Offline JustinAndDiana

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
    • JustinAndDiana.com
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2015, 01:24:13 PM »
Hey justin, do you think the edit you are getting now is justified? I think it's biased and you guys are negatively portrayed and i didn't like that.

there is a heavy edit to make it look one way. I didn't have a problem with Josh and Tanner. of course i looked at them like a threat. I had no idea they didn't like me that much. there have been some funny edits that make things look like i'm talking about them when i wasn't. and they have tossed in a few laughs in places i wasn't laughing but i'm not upset about it. As a fan it's really interesting and makes for some good drama and competition.  and I'm cool with Josh and Tanner they are actually really good dudes
Justin & Diana
Amazing Race  Season 27
@JustinClassic1
@LadyClassicOne

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2015, 02:14:00 PM »
Editing is ...editing. Words said at different times with different meanings have sometimes been inserted in totally unrelated situations.

Clearly CBS wants to make some drama, whether it really existed or not. I'd get ready for more of the same...sigh.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2015, 05:22:29 PM »
Hi JustinandDiana, congrats on winning Leg 2 and a trip to Morocco! I have two questions about the Buenos Aires leg.
1. During the cartoneros Detour option, about how much time did it take you two to collect and bag up 100 kg of cardboard?
2. After checking in with Phil in Rio and before Leg 2 started, did you meet and greet all-or-most of the teams, or was it just the ones shown lounging along the beach (Kelsey & Joey and one other team)? Or were all the teams there to explore and chat? Justin said you two didn't have the chance to get to know everybody at the airport, but I heard that teams were sequestered and prohibited from talking to one another after going to the Pit Stop accommodations.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline JustinAndDiana

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
    • JustinAndDiana.com
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2015, 08:33:45 PM »
Hi JustinandDiana, congrats on winning Leg 2 and a trip to Morocco! I have two questions about the Buenos Aires leg.
1. During the cartoneros Detour option, about how much time did it take you two to collect and bag up 100 kg of cardboard?
2. After checking in with Phil in Rio and before Leg 2 started, did you meet and greet all-or-most of the teams, or was it just the ones shown lounging along the beach (Kelsey & Joey and one other team)? Or were all the teams there to explore and chat? Justin said you two didn't have the chance to get to know everybody at the airport, but I heard that teams were sequestered and prohibited from talking to one another after going to the Pit Stop accommodations.

Thank You!
1. It took about 20-30
2. No those were the only teams we got to meet. there may have been one or two more teams there doing interviews....teams are sequestered after pitstop check ins not during route markers while waiting at airports and what not. You know like when we were getting the info from denise and james earl and they gave it to Tanner and Josh.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 09:10:20 PM by JustinAndDiana »
Justin & Diana
Amazing Race  Season 27
@JustinClassic1
@LadyClassicOne

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2015, 10:34:53 PM »
Editing is ...editing. Words said at different times with different meanings have sometimes been inserted in totally unrelated situations.

Clearly CBS wants to make some drama, whether it really existed or not. I'd get ready for more of the same...sigh.

This has been going on since season one, so it isn't new. Some seasons, we had racers report whole sentences were spliced together, and used. It is in the contracts the racers sign that they give permission for that sort of editing; e enough the infamous Tunis airport confrontation between Team Guido and the others teams in season one was mostly editing, and not the reality.
And don't forget the production staff that does the pit stop interviews can word their questions in such a way to get certain response from the teams. That's also a common editing device.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2015, 06:20:05 AM »
Congratulations on your Leg 2 win! I'm definitly rooting for you guys!

Have you taken the trip already?
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard