Author Topic: TAR 27: Tiffany Chantell Torres & Krista DeBono (Friends/NY Jets Cheerleaders)  (Read 51282 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

#TheCheerleaders

Name:  Tiffany Chantell Torres
Hometown: Little Falls, N.J. (Currently lives in Hoboken, N.J.)
Connection to your teammate: Former NFL Cheerleader for the NY Jets
Current occupation: Consultant for Physicians in Healthcare
Describe what you do: I simplify Healthcare Accreditation and Compliance for organizations so they can effectively and efficiently integrate requirements and patient safety initiatives into their day to day activities.
3 words to describe you: Outgoing, adventurous and passionate.
Favorite hobbies: Dancing, fitness/working out and hair extensions.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? My biggest accomplishment as of now is making the New York Jets Flight Crew Cheerleading Squad.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Brooke Burke because she is my role model and a powerful woman who does it all even with 5 kids.
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Leah Remini, because she is super funny and has the same sense of humor as Krista.
What scares you most about traveling? Nothing scares me about traveling. If I could become a flight attendant, I would because they get to travel the world.
What excites you most about traveling? I love seeing and visiting different countries and learning about the different cultures.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: We are both very stubborn and will need to learn how to communicate better if there is a situation when we both think we are right, when in fact one of us is wrong.
Pet peeve about your teammate:  When things don’t go her way, she tends to talk under her breath instead of talking aloud and resolving the issue.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I would love to go to Paris. I am such a sightseer. Seeing the different pictures of foods, fashion and love sights, just makes me want to live there. It’s very bourgeoisie.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)?   Krista and I are practically sisters from another mother. We have this bond that no one can break. We are going to become closer than we are now and know things about each other that we have never known before.

Name:  Krista DeBono
Hometown: New York, N.Y.
Connection to your teammate: Former NFL Cheerleaders for the NY Jets
Current occupation: Speech pathologist
Describe what you do: I’m a speech language pathologist for students with special needs, such as autism. I provide language therapy to children’s ages 3 to 8. I’m also a professional dancer.
3 words to describe you: Determined, beyond outgoing and witty/sarcastic.
Favorite hobbies: Dancing, working out/fitness and reading/puzzles.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Making an NFL Cheerleading team while getting my master’s degree.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Leah Remini. Everyone tells me my sarcastic personality and accent is just like hers. It actually was my sorority nickname.
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Brooke Burke- she’s glamorous and also a strong woman. Tiff looks just like her too.
What scares you most about traveling? Truthfully, nothing. I absolutely love to travel and my dream is to travel the world.
What excites you most about traveling? I come from NYC so I am excited to see new cities but most of all learn about different cultures. 
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: We both can be stubborn at times and have strong personalities. We need to learn to take the back seat sometimes and not always think we are the right ones.
Pet peeve about your teammate:  She can get snippy sometimes if things don’t always go her way.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Italy. My dream is to visit Italy to see my roots and culture. I would like to see the area my family came from.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)?   We have an extremely close bond and I know that will become even stronger when we face challenges together. This experience will help me learn things about her that I never knew before.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 12:39:59 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/WV6FO97xXBs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/WV6FO97xXBs</a>
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 04:19:16 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Alternate Cast Pic via:
http://www.ibtimes.com/amazing-race-2015-cast-announced-meet-season-27-contestants-photos-2080034

Very interesting that they have two cast pics with different clothes! :)

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
These two. <3

Can't wait to see how they're going to run the race. :lol:

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
Another team I'm rooting for!
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Very interesting!

Their bios make them sound like the perfect combination of brains, brawn, and beauty.

Hoping they win <3

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
Very interesting that they have two cast pics with different clothes! :)

On the first one, they wear "jackets".

Each time I tweet about TAR27 they both fav my tweet.  :wohoo: I like them!
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Tiffany looks just like Brooke Burke from Need For Speed Underground 2. Krista is beautiful.  :luvya:

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
Love. <3 I hope they will go far.

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
<333

Please going far in the race.  :hoot:
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
My guts tell me they won't go far.

But they look fun...

SO PLEASE DO. )-**

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I think their backpacks are overpacked. Tiffany , I think, had her neck pillow fall off her pack I think. :funny:
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Talk too much.
Thank God they survived <3
Got along without you before I met you, Gonna get along without you now.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Accents <3

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
Randomly get kicked off the taxi in the middle of nowhere and then manage to slay and survive. <33 Such star. <33

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Amazing Race 2015: Behind-the-scenes TMZ trash talk stuns Cheerleaders

By  Kathryn Carse |
on September 30, 2015 at 7:52 AM

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. — Tension, tears, lots of tears. #TheCheerleaders made the cut, but they kept us wondering — right up to the end of "The Amazing Race" premiere — if the first leg of the round-the-world race would be their last.

Former NFL cheerleaders and best friends Krista DeBono, a Richmond resident, and Tiffany Chantell Torres knew how it was going to end, of course (taping was in July and August), but what they didn't know until the premier was all the trash talking Team TMZ was doing.

"I have a lot of questions about her primping," sniped Kelly Berning, one of the "smack talkin'" members of Team TMZ, from the celebrity gossip blog and TV show. It was one of a few unfiltered assessments they gave of the opposition. "Some people are here to look good versus do good in the competition."

In the end, it made their victory all the sweeter — because #TheCheerleaders escaped landing in last place by beating Team TMZ.

Watching the first episode was an eye-opener.

DeBono was outraged, she said in a phone conversation this week, by the judgmental twosome who considered themselves "truth-tellers." She was not alone.

The Staten Island native watched the premiere at a party hosted at TL Social in Torres' hometown, Hoboken, N.J., along with about 30 members of her "large Italian family."

DeBono was surrounded by a whole network of girlfriends from Star Struck Dance School in Richmond Valley, Phi Sigma Sigma Sorority of Long Island University and the NY Jets Flight Crew Cheerleading Squad

"I grew up in this environment where I was brought up not to bring each other down  — their [TMZ] job is the complete opposite," said the 29-year-old speech pathologist. "They were literally judging us just by looking at us. We didn't even get a chance to say a word to them."

To add to the irony, as part of #TheCheerleaders, DeBono knows people judge "just because you look a certain way." And you know what? It was fine with her, as she says in her introductory video, if the other teams underestimated them by thinking, "they're too busy doing their lipstick."

Still, hearing the vicious comments from two other women really hit home— even if it is what they do for a living.

"Among my girlfriends, women are taught we should empower one another, to stick together — because we are often underestimated by men," said DeBono.

When it came down to the wire, Team TMZ took an unbelievable nearly four hours to solve a final puzzle challenge.

It took The Cheerleaders less than an hour.

"You know what's so sad? I really thought we were smarter than the cheerleaders, and you know what, we're not" said Shevonne Sullivan, of Team TMZ, which got sent packing to a newsroom where they "will be annihilated," because, admits Berning, that is what they would do to them.

You could not have scripted the karma-laden drama.

EPISODE 1 RECAP: ABOUT ALL THOSE TEARS

When the race begins, the teams compete in a water-bike race in Venice Beach, to get to the next destination — Rio de Janeiro. The Cheerleaders have to wait till last to take the helicopter ride past the iconic Christ the Redeemer statue. For the next challenge, they have to get to Copacabana Beach. But the taxi won't take them all the way. He kicks them out of the cab, but the reason why is not clear.

"He got spooked by the cameras and didn't want to be on TV," explains DeBono. What you also don't realize is they run about two miles with their heavy packs to get to the set.

They arrive hot and exhausted to try the foot volleyball match. The waterworks start when Tiffany realizes they have no chance.

"Tiffany is very emotional. There was so much more crying that they didn't show," laughs DeBono.

"The only point we got was one when the ball accidentally bounced off of Tiffany's head," she adds, enjoying it in retrospect.

They flee to do the aforementioned puzzle where DeBono, a puzzle fanatic, figures they have an advantage. But doing them with another person is a whole different ballgame. More tears and bickering, until they step back, agree on what to do, and voila! It all falls in place.

"I haven't done a puzzle since. It completely ruined my hobby," says DeBono.

She also admits learning her own lesson about appearances. When she and Torres are tanking the foot volleyball game, she figures they have a handicap:  "We're five-foot nothing."

But during the premier, she sees team The Cousins win their match. The two guys, a jock and a theater nerd, have a form of dwarfism.

"When I saw The Cousins pull it off, I knew I can't even blame it on being short. It was 100 percent my lack of volleyball skills," she says. "It was a good moment to watch."

So it is on to the next leg in Buenos Aires, Argentina – to visit the birthplace of Pope Francis and do the tango.

Dancing? Yes! That is something she and Torres excel in. And so do The Dancers, homeless brothers from Boston have made a name for themselves as street dancers.

Game on — Friday night at 8 p.m. on CBS.

http://www.silive.com/entertainment/tvfilm/index.ssf/2015/09/amazing_race_2015_behind_the_s.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Apparently they ran out of money! :o

"Krista and Tiffany had run out of money. They had exchanged their currency, but it would have been better to keep it in dollars, said Krista.

"While I was dancing, Tiffany was asking Josh if we could borrow some money for the taxi," said Krista.

And "The Boys" helped them out with $15 so they could get to the finish line and finish in sixth place."

Source: http://www.silive.com/entertainment/tvfilm/index.ssf/2015/10/amazing_race_2015_cheerleaders_1.html

BlueBird

So HOT!!!! They are actually well-spoken with fun-loving personalities. Love them  :<3

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster

"Krista and Tiffany had run out of money. They had exchanged their currency, but it would have been better to keep it in dollars, said Krista.

"While I was dancing, Tiffany was asking Josh if we could borrow some money for the taxi," said Krista.

And "The Boys" helped them out with $15 so they could get to the finish line and finish in sixth place."

Source: http://www.silive.com/entertainment/tvfilm/index.ssf/2015/10/amazing_race_2015_cheerleaders_1.html

They could have shown that in that episode.

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster

They could have shown that in that episode.

Yeah. The extra scene on Youtube seems to prove that.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Tiffany/Krista love bump <3  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Please win!

Offline Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!
love them more and more each leg <33333 please win <33333
 :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: