Author Topic: TAR 27: Jazmine Lewis & Danielle Littleton (Best Friends/Track Stars)  (Read 6482 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

#TheTrackStars

Name:  Jazmine Lewis
Hometown: Moreno Valley, Calif. 
Connection to your teammate:  Best friend
Current occupation: LA Galaxy Star Squad Girl
Describe what you do: Supervise interns on game days.
3 words to describe you: Outspoken, outgoing and high-maintenance.
Favorite hobbies: Shopping, watching reality TV and working out
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of?  Obtaining my master’s degree and being the highest educated one in my family.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Kim Kardashian
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Kourtney Kardashian
What scares you most about traveling? It’s scary being in a place where you don’t speak their language.
What excites you most about traveling? Being able to go around the globe with my best friend and learn about new cultures together.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Sometimes in the heat of an argument, she says things she doesn’t mean just because she is mad at that moment, and it hurts my feelings. 
Pet peeve about your teammate:  I can get annoyed when she gets obnoxious and uncontrollable.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I would like to visit Africa just to see where my ancestors originated from and have the chance to interact with the locals.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)?   I hope to maintain the amazing sisterhood we already have established. I want to encourage her outside of our comfort zone and want her to know I am always proud of her, no matter what. 
Follow on Instagram: @jazmineidella

Name:  Danielle Littleton
Hometown: Riverside, Calif. 
Connection to your teammate:  Best friend
Current occupation: Student
Describe what you do: I am a student at UC Riverside and am in my last season of track.
3 words to describe you: Funny/hilarious, outgoing and adventurous.
Favorite hobbies: Shopping, watching reality TV and sleeping.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Becoming an All American for track and field.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Kourtney Kardashian.
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Kim Kardashian.
What scares you most about traveling? I’m scared the most about getting lost. I feel like it would give me anxiety. I hate not knowing where I am.
What excites you most about traveling? Being able to experience all the difference cultures and customs of other countries with my best friend.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: I would like to address the issue of when we fight.  Sometimes Jazmine says rude things and gives me attitude which hurts my feelings. She goes from 0-100 with her temper and I want her to be more patient.
Pet peeve about your teammate:  I hate when Jazmine gets dramatic about things like the weather.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I would like to visit France the most because my grandma is from France and my mom was born there and grew up there.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)?   I hope to gain an even closer relationship with my teammate and create even more memories by going on this once in a lifetime experience. I want us to be 80yrs old talking about how we went on The Amazing Race.
Follow on Instagram: @daniii_starrr
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 01:32:34 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 27: Jazmine Lewis & Danielle Littleton (Best Friends/Track Stars)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 01:32:45 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2gIEN8eLD-I" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2gIEN8eLD-I</a>
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 04:42:55 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 01:32:56 PM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 01:38:39 PM »
Oh god, they call each other Kardashians. This team has already lost points with me :(

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 12:32:14 AM »
Oh god, they call each other Kardashians. This team has already lost points with me :(

Maybe because of their looks?

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2015, 12:58:29 AM »

Maybe because of their looks?

Jackie from Big Brother and TAR 26 is more similar to Kardashians than them.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2015, 02:04:21 AM »

So liking something many people don't is a bad thing? :p

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2015, 09:31:42 AM »
Can't get a read on them...

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2015, 08:41:07 PM »
They were the first team to catch my eye during the meet the cast video. Their team work could it be amazing or a phenomenal trainwreck. I'm rooting for them. They are in great shape to run the race but the anxiety comment worries me because they could crumble under pressure.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2015, 06:06:38 AM »
"It's a million dollars I'll buy you new feet"  :funny: :funny: :funny:

Love them, hope they go back to dominating like they did on the first leg! <3

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2015, 07:51:38 PM »
omg Danielle is afraid of Ketchup :lol:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2015, 07:50:11 AM »
I'm so afraid for them right now... Accidentally crossing the border into Zimbabwe only to find out their next clue location was back in Zambia seems to have cost them a lot of time and made them fall to the back of the pack... Hell, they really are a trainwreck at navigation.

Please stay in it. :( One of my faves this season.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2015, 02:47:55 PM »

Exclusive: Jazmine Lewis and Danielle Littleton talk 'The Amazing Race' (Part 1)

By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 10/27/2015

The Amazing Race eliminated Jazmine Lewis and Danielle Littleton during Friday night's broadcast of the CBS reality competition's 27th season.

The best friends became the fourth team eliminated from the around-the-world competition after they arrived at the Race's fifth Pit Stop at Masuwe Private Game Reserve in Zimbabwe in last place.

In an exclusive interview with Reality TV World on Monday, Jazmine and Danielle talked about their The Amazing Race experience and what went wrong. 
Below is the first half. Check back with us soon for the concluding portion. 

Reality TV World:  How far behind Cindy Chac and Rick Chac did you finally arrive at the Pit Stop when you got eliminated? What was the time gap between you and the team ahead of you?

Danielle Littleton: I remember this like it was yesterday because we were walking up with our fruit baskets and I looked up and I saw that Rick was, not like right in front of us, but maybe like a minute in front of us. And I saw him struggling.

So, I knew if we had a perfect walk with it then we probably could've caught them, but I would say they probably checked in maybe like a minute to maybe a minute-and-a-half before us. It wasn't far off at all.

Reality TV World:  So once you stepped on the Pit Stop mat, were you certain you were in last place or did you have hope another team could still be behind you?

Jazmine Lewis: At that point, we knew we were in last because at the previous walking with the lions, we had to wait. So we saw that Rick and Cindy were the last to do that, and then after, you had to go to the Pit Stop and walk with the fruit. And so we knew that since we were after them, we had an idea we were in last.

Reality TV World:  Speaking of your mistake at the Lion Encounter, it seemed like you just failed to read the clue thoroughly to know your next clue would be waiting inside of a skull. Is that all that happened or was there more to it than what viewers saw? 

Danielle Littleton: If you want the short story, yes, that's exactly what happened. And if you want the long story, there was so much happening. I mean, I know they showed that our taxi cab driver took us to the Pit Stop first and then we were asking people, "Is this the Lion Encounter?"

And, you know, one of the ladies was like, "yeah," and she just put the wrap on our heads. So we were like, "Okay, we're here!" And so we went there first, found out that we were in the wrong spot and went to the Lion Encounter after that.

The Cheerleaders [Tiffany Chantell and Krista Debono] had already passed us, so right there, some kind of franticness hit us. And then we went back to the Pit Stop -- because we forgot to let go of our taxi cab driver -- and then we went back to the Lion Encounter place.

Finally, we got there and were like, "Finally we can go through the Lion Encounter, get our clue and move on to the Pit Stop." And we forgot to read the clue all the way through. So there was a lot of back and forth between the Pit Stop and the Lion Encounter. And it was all that, kind of, running back and forth that made us forget to take a second and really read the clue all the way.

Reality TV World:  When you had to go through the Lion Encounter for a second time to find the clue, how much time did you waste? How long did that take you?

Danielle Littleton: The longest part was us waiting until "Chac Attack" [Cindy and Rick] and Paparazzi [Logan Fazio and Chris Gordon] were done because they were on the trail and there are only two trails. And so, that was the longest part.

Once we got back on the trail with the lions, we knew what we were supposed to be looking for, we found a skull right away and took off and headed to the Pit Stop. So it wasn't a lot of time. The longest part was waiting and it seemed like even longer than before because we were in last place and we were waiting.

Reality TV World:  So assuming you saw the Lion Encounter as your demise in the leg, I think it's possible to argue maybe your decision not to U-Turn anybody in the prior leg is kind of what did you in. How do you feel about that perspective? 

Jazmine Lewis: Yeah, we had talked about it before, about U-Turning the team that was behind us, which would have been the cheerleaders. But when we got to the U-Turn mat, we saw [host Phil Keoghan there] and so we were like, "Well, we're not going to U-Turn because the Pit Stop is right here" -- without putting two and two together, thinking that it was going to be a continuation leg.

And so, we really started off really strong after the start of that fifth leg. And so, we just decided not to U-Turn. But then afterwards, of course, we were like, "We could've done this. We could've U-Turned. We could've saved our place." But we didn't.

Danielle Littleton: Yeah, they have a clip of us on CBS saying we can play the "What If Game" all day, but I stand by the fact that it was our own mistake. We did not read the clue, and the only reason why we got kicked out of the Race is because we didn't read the clue.

Even without the U-Turn, if we read our clue, we would've gotten fifth or sixth place and still had been racing. So, we didn't read our clue and that's really what did us in.

Reality TV World:  So it sounds like if you knew you'd continue racing right away, you definitely would have U-Turned Tiffany and Krista knowing they were behind you. But would you have considered U-Turning Justin Scheman and Diana Bishop? It seemed like most of the teams were conspiring to do that based on Tanner Kloven and Josh Ahern's request.

Jazmine Lewis: We had heard about the plan and were like, "Okay, so whoever gets to the U-Turn mat first, that's who you're going to U-Turn." But we were so far behind everyone, it would just be a waste to U-Turn Justin and Diana because they had already crossed the Pit Stop at that point.

Reality TV World:  Do you have any idea then why Tiffany and Krista U-Turned Justin and Diana? That seemed a little strange to me. (Laughs)

Danielle Littleton: Yeah (laughs). We were kind of shocked because I remember we were at the cliff and Jazzy told me that she was talking to Krista -- while I was jumping off the cliff screaming my head off -- about how they had U-Turned the Green Team.

And we were kind of just like, "Why would you do that?" Like we knew we were in last place already. We knew that it was between the Cheerleaders and us. And they said that they wanted to keep their promise to the rest of the cast because it was a whole entire cast vs. Green Team kind of plan. So, it was that.

We were going to do it if we were in front of the Green Team and if we got to the U-Turn mat before them. So we kind of knew that we were in last place and that the Green Team was long gone because painting the giraffe took so long.

Jazmine Lewis: Yeah.

Danielle Littleton: So I think they wanted to keep -- I think they had good intentions. They wanted to keep good on their promise that they made to the whole entire cast, but it was not the smartest move.

Jazmine Lewis: And maybe they did it as an influence to get the Express Pass [proving] they kept their word by U-Turning them. [Tanner and Josh] could then be like, "Oh, they kept their word. Why don't we give the Express Pass to them?"

Reality TV World:  Did you or anyone else view Tanner and Josh as a bigger threat than Justin and Diana? I was surprised more teams didn't think to turn against Tanner and Josh. I know they had the extra Express Pass to hand out, but only one team can get it.

Danielle Littleton: I knew from the very beginning when we were in the semifinals. We saw the Green Team and I knew from the beginning that they were going to be the team to beat. And that's before we even really got cast on the show. They just seemed like their relationship was really good, they're driven, they knew their stuff.

And so, with Team Texas, yeah they might have a physical strength, but we've seen in a lot of Races in the past that physical strength doesn't always get you there. I mean, we're physically strong but we got eliminated. So, that's not always it. We just knew they had a good relationship, they're really smart and they were the biggest threat because of his knowledge of the Race too.

Check back with Reality TV World soon for the concluding portion of Jazmine and Danielle's exclusive The Amazing Race interview.
Read more at http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-jazmine-lewis-and-danielle-littleton-talk-the-amazing-race-(part-1)-18722.php#wme2wqvfRPaoVq75.99
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2015, 02:22:37 PM »
FROM CBS.COM
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/photos/1005054/thetrackstars-reflect-on-their-adventures-during-the-amazing-race/

#TheTrackStars Reflect On Their Adventures During The Amazing Race.

Danielle Littleton and Jazmine Lewis (#TheTrackStars) came up short on Ep. 5 of The Amazing Race.

After traveling the globe, #TheTrackStars (Danielle and Jazmine) weren't able to pull ahead on Ep. 5 of The Amazing Race and Phil gave them the sad news that their adventure was over.

While the pair might not be proceeding to the next leg of the journey, Danielle and Jazmine's positive attitude about the experience have us excited about all the things they have yet to conquer.

Read what these sporty besties had to say about their experience on The Amazing Race.

Tell us what happened when you misread the clue after the Lion Encounter?
Jazmine:
"We did not read the clue in full because we were so flustered from going to the Pit Stop instead of the Lion Encounter first. Then we had to run back and get our bags out of the taxi. Walking with the lions only had two courses available and we saw #TheCheerleaders take one, so we hurried and grabbed the other course before another team came."
Danielle: "We actually always read the clue and reread it, like, 20 times. Just during this one instance, we ran back and forth between the Pit Stop and the Lion Encounter about three different times and lost a lot of time. So, once we finally were able to do the Lion Encounter, we were so frantic to make up lost ground that we forgot to read the clue."

What was your favorite memory from The Amazing Race?
Jazmine:
"My favorite memory from the Race would be seeing all of the animals in Africa. It reminded me so much of [my favorite Disney movie]. I loved being there with my best friend. It really meant a lot to me that we could experience it together."
Danielle: "My favorite memory from the Race would have to be the two legs in Africa. Jazzy always wanted to go, so it was great that she got to live out one of her dreams. The people were very welcoming and nice to us. Not to mention, I jumped off of a 250-foot cliff!"

Which team were you closest to on the Race, and why?
Jazmine:
"In the Race, we had a really good bond with #TeamTexas. They helped us out with directions and gave us good ideas to get ahead of the other teams. We bonded with them from the start in LAX leaving to Rio. We also bonded with the #TheCheerleaders. They were the only female team left after the first leg and they were so fun. It made the stressful moments of racing so enjoyable with lots of laughs."
Danielle: "This is such a hard question. Truthfully, we were close to all of the teams. There really is such a great cast this season with amazing people. But I would have to say that we loved #TheCheerleaders 'cause they were always so much fun, and #TeamTexas because they always helped us out when we were a little frantic. But, then again, we loved #TheCousins, too. We loved everyone!"

Which challenge tested you the most, physically and/or mentally?
Jazmine:
"The challenge that tested us the most was Carteneros in Argentina. It tested our strength and communication skills. Since we were in the back of the pack, we knew we had to be fast, and being athletes really helped us get it done fast."
Danielle: "The challenge that tested us the most would have to be the Cardboard Detour on the second leg. We were really tested mentally because, from the beginning of that challenge, we were in last place. We really had to muster up all of our mental strength to not dwell on that and keep on fighting. We knew that if we stayed mentally strong that we would have a shot at making a great comeback and still stay in the game."

What did you learn about each other through this experience that you didn’t know before?
Jazmine:
"I learned that I can go through anything and everything with Danielle and it would not affect our friendship. It tested us being in certain situations, but our communication and bond really helped us overcome obstacles."
Danielle: "Before the Race, Jazzy and I knew everything there is to know about each other. But I was very surprised with how much Jazzy was willing to get down and dirty. She is somewhat of a diva in everyday life but she was amazing on the Race. She didn't bring her diva-ness into the Race and she did whatever it took to stay in the game—even getting inside a trash can! So I learned that she has some real grit to her and I'm really proud of her."

Is being on Race different than what you thought it would be like?
Jazmine:
"The Race was a lot more stressful than I thought it would be. I did not know how physically exhausting I would be prior to it. I knew it would be tough but I totally underestimated sleep, eating, flights, etc."
Danielle: "Yes and no. I would say yes because I really did underestimate how much mental strength you need to have to run the Race. Even [in] your down time, you're constantly thinking about the Race. I would say no because I knew we were gonna have the adventure of a lifetime and it did not disappoint. I wish we would of been able to stay in longer so we could see more places."

Would you ever Race again?
Jazmine:
"I would most definitely do that Race again without hesitation. I would love the chance to show the world that we can do it. Plus, it would nice to redeem ourselves, especially [with] how competitive we are."
Danielle: "Pardon my French, [but] helllll yessss! Sign me up today! I have loved everything about The Amazing Race since a little girl and I'm super competitive. I hate that we got eliminated from our own mistakes. It haunts me still to this day. I will never look at a lion the same way. I want redemption!"

Do you have any advice for future racers?
Jazmine:
"The advice I have for future racers would be to read your clue, try not to get frustrated, and have a good relationship with your partner. But, most importantly, to have fun. It is an experience of a lifetime, so don’t be so focused on racing that you don’t take time to enjoy it and experience the variety of cultures."
Danielle: "Yes, the biggest advice I would give to future racers is to have fun and stay calm. It's a tough race and it is really easy to lose your cool and that is how mistakes are made. If you stay calm, you will go far in the Race. And, of course, the biggest piece of advice—read your clue. Like, 50 times!"
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2015, 06:07:34 PM »

Jazmine and Danielle say staying calm would’ve kept them in ‘The Amazing Race’

Sheri Block

October 28, 2015

Missing a challenge on the way to the Pit Stop in Zimbabwe cost Jazmine Lewis and Danielle Littleton “The Amazing Race” but the track stars say if they’d only stayed calm they might still be in the game.

The mistake happened when their cab driver took them to the Masuwe Lodge and they incorrectly took the path to the Pit Stop instead of the lion encounter. Having to go back put them further behind and they arrived at the mat in last place.

Jazmine and Danielle spoke to etalk.ca about their heartbreaking finish. Excerpts are below.

What a heartbreaking end. What happened?

Jazmine: We started off the day great. We were in the back of the pack but then we kind of moved up to the front when (teams) paparazzi and ChacAttack went to the wrong place for the gorge drop. Then our taxi driver going to the lion encounter took us to the Pit Stop instead so we started getting our heads wrapped to walk with the fruit basket without doing the lion encounter first so we were kind of frantic when we found out we had skipped a whole part. Then we had to go back to the lion encounter and had to wait until a course opened up.
 Is there anything you could’ve done differently?

Danielle: One of the biggest things we could’ve done differently is just stay calm. This is ‘Amazing Race’ and anything happens and a lot of times taxi cabs will take you to the wrong spot but I think if we would’ve stayed calm and kept a cool head about everything I don’t think we would’ve missed the most important thing of reading your clue before we started the lion walk.

When you saw Cindy and Rick at the Pit Stop did you think you still had a chance?

Jazmine: Cindy and Rick were about a minute ahead of us. It’s kind of cliché because we’re track stars and we were walking the slowest with the fruit basket (on our heads). We’re really fast-paced girls so when we saw that Rick and Cindy were just steps ahead of us we thought we still had a chance. They actually checked into the Pit Stop about two minutes ahead of us.

Was it even harder to go considering you were having a great leg up to that point?

Danielle: Africa treated us so well up to the very end. We had such a blast in Africa we did crazy things – walk with the lions, fed crocodiles, jumped off a cliff. We were having so much fun but at any given second anything can happen and change. We started off in the back, made it to the middle, we were excited everything was going our way and then in a matter of five minutes everything changed on us. We went from very happy and excited to be in Africa to very sad and disappointed.

Since it was a ‘Keep on Racing’ leg do you wish you had U-turned the cheerleaders when you had the chance?

Jazmine: We definitely talked about it beforehand but the confusing part was when we saw the U-turn (board), we saw Phil right there and it didn’t even dawn on us it would be a virtual Pit Stop so we didn’t want to waste time U-turning anybody … but if we would have known we probably would have.

Danielle, you got to jump off the Batoka Gorge – the very first challenge on “The Amazing Race” – what was that like?

Danielle: It was insane … in the moment you have such high adrenaline and I didn’t really realize how far of a drop it was but watching it back on Friday my hands were sweaty I had goosebumps I couldn’t believe I jumped off that cliff. There was a part where I thought my heart stopped in the air. It was the longest drop of my life.

Even though you were eliminated do you have any regrets?

Danielle: Absolutely no regrets. It was honestly a once in a lifetime experience and I would do it again in a heartbeat. I would drop everything today to do it again.

http://www.etalk.ca/News/2015/October/Jazmine-and-Danielle-say-staying-calm-would’ve-kep
RFF's Golden Rule: