Author Topic: TAR 27: Alex Manard & Adam Dingeman (Cousins)  (Read 6202 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 27: Alex Manard & Adam Dingeman (Cousins)
« on: September 02, 2015, 10:43:51 AM »

#TheCousins

Name: Alex Manard
Hometown: Champaign, Ill.
Connection to your teammate: Cousin
Current occupation: Department Supervisor in Retail sales
Describe what you do: I am in charge of the apparel department.  I take new products and put them on the floor while supervising the store.
3 words to describe you: Funny, a ladies man and courageous.
Favorite hobbies: Coaching, bowling and hiking.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Making it to the state tournament for wrestling in high school and receiving my Associates degree.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Matt Damon
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Matthew Broderick
What scares you most about traveling? Getting completely lost.
What excites you most about traveling? I’m excited to see different cultures and traditions.  Also, seeing the different landscapes.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together:  My partner talks way too much.  I’ll have to talk over him just so he can hear me.
Pet peeve about your teammate: He plans everything out and overthinks everything!
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? India.  I have always wanted to see the Himalayas and meet a Sherpa.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I hope to gain many funny memories, prove that I can accomplish and am capable of anything, and conquer my fears!
Follow on Twitter and Instagram: @Atm105 

Name:  Adam Dingeman
Hometown: Des Moines, Iowa (Currently lives in Valley Village, Calif.)
Connection to your teammate: Cousin
Current occupation: Host/server
Describe what you do: I am part of the host training team. I am also a server, so I brighten peoples’ day with food!
3 words to describe you: Dependable, lively and enthusiastic.
Favorite hobbies: Storm chasing in the Midwest, hiking and singing.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Moving to Los Angeles when I was 18. I didn’t know a single person and have now made a life for myself.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Adam DeVine.
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Matt Damon and Bruce Willis.
What scares you most about traveling? Trying different foods and getting completely lost.
What excites you most about traveling? Seeing the beauty of nature and learning new customs. I want to go everywhere!
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: When Alex gets stressed, he tends to blame others for the problem. When he gets competitive, he gets very loud.
Pet peeve about your teammate: He puts things off until the last minute, whereas I like to plan things out.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? The Netherlands. I’m Dutch and it would be unbelievable to see where my ancestors came from and how they lived.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I know there are going to be a lot of stressful situations, but I hope to stay positive and live in the moment to experience all the different cultures.
Follow on Twitter: @Adingeman
Follow on Instagram: @ading12345

« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 02:23:48 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 27: Alex Manard & Adam Dingeman (Cousins)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 02:24:06 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0IDmG2v7oFc" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0IDmG2v7oFc</a>
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 03:56:22 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 02:24:15 PM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 06:39:31 PM »

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 07:19:13 AM »
They remind me of a cross between Mark & Michael, and Jon & Al.  ???
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 10:11:47 AM »
Not huge fans of them tbh. But I certainly don't hate them!
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2015, 10:34:28 AM »
Again they seem a bit over-confident

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2015, 07:06:02 PM »
They remind me a lot of Mark & Michael in a negative way  :gnome

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2015, 07:07:04 AM »
For unknown reasons, I'm also getting negative vibes from them. Probably my least favourites.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2015, 03:42:59 PM »
......uh.......huh..........

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2015, 12:08:05 PM »
FROM CBS.COM:
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/elimination_interviews/1004787/-thecousins-talk-about-their-favorite-memories-from-the-amazing-race/

#TheCousins Talk About Their Favorite Memories From The Amazing Race
Find out how Alex and Adam are able to maintain a positive outlook after they were eliminated.

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 09:40am

After traveling to Rio and then Buenos Aires together, #TheCousins (Alex and Adam) saw their Amazing Race dreams come to a sad end when they came in last place in Ep. 2.

However, they aren't about to let their limited time on the show take away from the breathtaking sights and unforgettable memories they experienced on the Race. Just listen to what the team has to say about their experience.

What are your thoughts on the competition this year, and who are your favorite teams?
Alex:
Our favorite teams, other than ourselves, were probably Jazmine and Danielle (#TheTrackStars) and Ernest and Jin (#TheDancers). They ran the race with their hearts on their sleeves, just like us, and they are the teams that we would like to see go far.

How many crew members are around you while recording the episodes?
Adam:
We have a camera guy and an audio guy with us the entire time.

What was your best moment of The Amazing Race, and why?
Adam:
The best moment for me was the volleyball challenge. We came together as a team and we kicked butt. We don’t look like we would be very good, physically, but we really did a great job with that challenge.
Alex: My favorite part was probably the cardboard challenge. During that challenge, we just got to be our goofy selves and have fun.

Do all the teams want to "take out" the Green Team, like those Texas boys?
Alex:
During our time on the Race, #TheGreenTeam was kind of cocky. We did end up aligning with them because they were really strong and did know the Race, but most of the other teams did want them out.

How many seasons did you apply before being accepted on The Amazing Race?
Adam:
This was our first time ever applying. We made a video and then it was about a year-long process before we found out we were on the show.

How long did the dancing detour actually take?
Adam:
Alex actually breezed through and got it on his second try.
Alex: We were probably only there for 45 minutes.
Adam: I think it was less. Let’s say 30 minutes. Alex did it really fast.

If you got to a chance to go to any country in the world, which one would you choose?
Adam:
I really want to go to the Netherlands. I’m Dutch, so I would love to see and experience the culture of my ancestors.
Alex: I’m a huge history buff, so I would love to go to Rome and Athens. There is so much history there, so I think it would be cool to see these ruins that are still standing from way back in the day.

Would you like to do the Race again?
Alex:
Hell yeah! I would love to have a second chance. I think if we ever got another chance, we would make it much farther.

Thank you for being such a great example for other people striving to make their dreams come true.
Alex:
This comment means a lot, so thank you. It is the whole reason why we did the Race.
Adam: We have had a lot of people write us who are parents of kids with dwarfism. We did The Amazing Race to show people that we can do anything. It has been really great to inspire others.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez