Author Topic: TAR 27: Denise Williams & James Earl Corley (Mother/Son)  (Read 19208 times)

Offline Andre

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 27: Denise Williams & James Earl Corley (Mother/Son)
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2015, 01:47:42 AM »
At least they won a leg, first parent/child team to won a leg since Dave & Connor in LV(Season 24). This team is great, should be an easy choice for UB or All Star
No one I think is in my tree... I mean it must be high alone

Offline tennis33

• RFF Full Member
  • 🌎 🏃‍♂️ 🔥
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2015, 05:10:35 PM »
Favourite team all season.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2015, 09:57:17 PM »
At least they won a leg, first parent/child team to won a leg since Dave & Connor in LV(Season 24). This team is great, should be an easy choice for UB or All Star

Dave & Connor won a leg back in Season 22.

Anyway, my only favourite team this season. I know that they will not make to the final after a lot of struggling but happy that they made it far as possible.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2015, 05:43:01 AM »
Reality TV World: How far behind Logan Fazio and Chris Gordon were you when you made it to the Pit Stop? Any idea what that time gap was?

James Earl Corley: Oh yeah, we know EXACTLY how much time that was. It was FOUR minutes.

Denise Williams: Four minutes.

Reality TV World: Oh that's all!? Wow, that's rough.

James Earl Corley: It was so close.

Source: http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-the-amazing-race-team-denise-williams-and-james-earl-corley-talk-(part-1)-18893.php

Four minutes </3 </3 </3

Offline James_Earl

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2015, 07:27:43 AM »
Reality TV World: How far behind Logan Fazio and Chris Gordon were you when you made it to the Pit Stop? Any idea what that time gap was?

James Earl Corley: Oh yeah, we know EXACTLY how much time that was. It was FOUR minutes.

Denise Williams: Four minutes.

Reality TV World: Oh that's all!? Wow, that's rough.

James Earl Corley: It was so close.

Source: http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-the-amazing-race-team-denise-williams-and-james-earl-corley-talk-(part-1)-18893.php

Four minutes </3 </3 </3

I agree. It was gut-wrenchingly close!

Offline Andre

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2015, 09:00:46 AM »
 :ascared If the pit stop location is in another place you still had a chance then considering how busy Agra street was even at night
No one I think is in my tree... I mean it must be high alone

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2015, 01:27:28 PM »
Oh, crap. But I had a feeling it was VERY close, since when you guys got the the pit stop, Logan/Chris (and Tiffany/Krista as well IIRC) were still there. :(

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2015, 05:03:34 PM »
Remember how CaroJen list in season 24 by 4 second
4 minutes is a relatively much longer time difference already

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2015, 04:14:19 PM »
FROM CBS.COM:
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/photos/1005314/-teamalabama-reflect-on-their-adventures-during-the-amazing-race/

#TeamAlabama Reflect On Their Adventures During The Amazing Race.

After traveling the globe, Denise and James Earl (#TeamAlabama) came up short on Episode 10 of The Amazing Race, and Phil Keoghan had to give them the disappointing news that their adventure was over.

While the family duo isn't proceeding to the next leg of the journey, the tenacious team learned a lot while traveling so closely together.

Read what this mother and son team had to say about their experience on The Amazing Race.

1. Which challenge was your favorite on the Race?
Denise:
"The music challenge in Poland was a blast! We got to act crazy and wild while trying to earn some money. It also helped that we had that sweet guardian angel who gave us almost everything we needed!"
James Earl: "I think swinging across the Batoka Gorge in Zimbabwe was something I’ll never forget. It was very scary but ended up being so much fun!"

2. Which locale would want to visit again, if given the chance?
James Earl:
"Getting to visit Oskar Schindler’s Factory in Krakow was a great experience. There is so much history that happened there, and to get to slow down and experience that moment during the Race meant a lot!"
Denise: "The Rose of Charity Orphanage in Zimbabwe meant a lot to me. I really want to go back on a mission trip there one day soon."

3. Do you have any tips for people wanting to apply to The Amazing Race?
James Earl:
"Just be the best version of yourself as possible. People will spot anything fake about you from a mile away. Also don’t be afraid to talk about some of the not-so-finer moments about your life. We’ve received so many messages from LGBTQ people and their family members in similar situations who got so much from our story and made them change their views."

4. What advice does Denise have for families struggling to accept their family members after coming out?
Denise:
"As parents, we all want our children to be happy, so just listen to them. You may not understand everything that happens but take the time to try. Just trying shows that you love them and are willing to change. No need to struggle over things instead of just enjoying the time you have with them."

5. If you were at the U-Turn board first, who would or wouldn't you ever U-Turn, and why?
Denise and James Earl:
"We definitely would have U-Turned #TheGreenTeam! Justin and Diana are amazing people and fierce competitors, but this is a competition and we needed to do anything we could to slow them down!
Unfortunately, they are too good and ended up at all three U-Turn boards in first place! We never would have U-Turned #TeamTexas or #TheCheerleaders, though."

6. What was the most challenging part of the Race?
Denise and James Earl:
"One thing that we could never have imagined is how hungry and tired you get. You sleep on airport floors while only eating airplane food for a couple days and then start racing around a city you’ve never been in before. Plus, you are usually running between 10-20 miles on any given leg! Being on the show has made us much more forgiving of previous racer’s mistakes and breakdowns."

7. Was there anything you learned about each other that you didn't know before the Race?
James Earl:
"I learned that my mom is a lot tougher than she looks, especially with the laundry task in India, which was a tough physical challenge in some hot weather."
Denise: "I learned just how patient and compassionate my son is!"
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez