Author Topic: TAR 27: Denise Williams & James Earl Corley (Mother/Son)  (Read 19206 times)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Re: TAR 27: Denise Williams & James Earl Corley (Mother/Son)
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2015, 03:01:31 PM »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2015, 03:38:04 PM »
PLEASE DELIVER <33333333333333

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2015, 02:19:56 PM »
Alabama mother-son duo to compete on 'The Amazing Race' season 27

Amber Sutton | asutton@al.com   

on September 24, 2015 at 9:25 AM

A mother-and-son duo from Alabama will be among the teams grabbing their passports and touring the world when the new season of "The Amazing Race" premieres on Friday.

Denise Williams and James Earl Corely, both of Prattville, have watched "The Amazing Race" since its first season, and Corely said he knew from a young age that competing on the reality series that takes place around the world was something he'd do.

"I'm a big fan of the show, and I've always wanted to do it ever since I was little," said Corley. "He told me when he was in ninth grade and said 'mom, we're going to do this one day' and he made that day come true," added Williams.

While Williams, an administrative assistant, wasn't surpised that Corely, a recent graduate of UAB medical school, wanted to try out for the show, she was shocked to find out they had actually been selected after sending in a quick application and a short three-minute video the duo filmed on their back porch.

"James Earl called me and said 'Mom, they called," said Williams. "I told him to stop because I didn't believe him. I mean, you'd never believe that two small town people from Prattville would ever be on "The Amazing Race."

Though the pair was excited to travel the world and challenge themselves during the show's physical and mental competitions, their true goal was to reconnect following several months of not speaking after Corely told Williams he was gay.

When I was 22, I decided to come out of the closet to pretty much everyone," said Corely. "And mom did not have a great reaction at all. We didn't talk very much for half a year after that. And even after that, we didn't talk much."

Corely and Williams, a single mother, both said their time on the show helped mend their relationship since contestants on "The Amazing Race" are forced to depend on, and spend all their time with, their teammate from beginning to end.

"I think it's hard to go through something like that with someone and not get closer to them," said Corely. "It's impossible really because you're living every moment together, and you learn a lot about each other. That's the only person you can depend on."

While Williams, 51, and Corely, 26, couldn't discuss the details of their experience on the show, both said it was nerve-wracking, and thrilling, to take part in such a fast-paced, high stakes competition.

"I was scared, and I was nervous," said Williams. "I found myself standing on that starting line, and I'm just thinking 'what did I get myself into?' I was surrounded by all these people in their 20s, and I'm just like 'oh my god."

Despite her nerves, Williams said the opportunity to push herself and watch her son take on new challenges was an experience of a lifetime that the duo will now share.

"When you do something great, and your son is there to see it while doing great things himself, it just makes your day," said Williams.

http://www.al.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2015/09/alabama_mother-son_duo_to_comp.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline muninayo

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • meow
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2015, 07:42:43 PM »
OMG i looooooove Denise!!!

and is that really james earl posting here?

Offline James_Earl

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2015, 08:14:50 PM »

Yes it really is me. Although I'm probably going to have to stop reading my own thread. I've already seen way too much negative stuff out there. It makes me nervous to open anything now. Haha

Offline muninayo

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • meow
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2015, 08:27:26 PM »

Yes it really is me. Although I'm probably going to have to stop reading my own thread. I've already seen way too much negative stuff out there. It makes me nervous to open anything now. Haha

omg tell your mom i love her

please slay the season!!!

also we may have tons of questions for u, non-spoiler stuff like behind the scenes etc...hope u are allowed to answer?

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2015, 08:31:07 PM »
 :cheer: I love you James and your Mom. Favorite team definitely.
2 questions
Do you get to keep all your clues for each leg after the race?
Did you think you lost 3rd because of a taxi?
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2015, 09:58:38 PM »
They're great!  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Offline James_Earl

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2015, 10:12:50 PM »
:cheer: I love you James and your Mom. Favorite team definitely.
2 questions
Do you get to keep all your clues for each leg after the race?
Did you think you lost 3rd because of a taxi?

You are so sweet! Thank you so much. As far as your questions go, we unfortunately do not get to keep the clues. We have to turn them all in after the end of the leg. With the taxi, I really thought in the moment we had to keep the outfits on because you've seen it in the past seasons where teams wear the outfits they are given all the way to the pit stop. Well we asked three different taxis to take us to the lookout and none of them would because of the bathing suits. So I figured everyone else would have similar issues. We ended up running about 2 kilometers which took about 20 minutes and the taxi would have been much quicker (probably around 5 minutes). The funniest part is that Mom and I didn't even think to put our tennis shoes on and at one point I tied them to my wrist so we wouldn't lose them. Live and learn though. We survived this leg and did much better than we had hoped for so that was such a confidence booster.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2015, 10:40:07 PM »

We are the "nice" forum. You will certainly get opinions....but you will NOT get rudeness here.  :nono2:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,30307.0.html

I don't know how y'all do it! I would have a hard time reading negativity too....

And reminder to all the RFFers!! No racer posting here is to be asked for any SPOILER info. That includes via PM's. We are so delighted to have the racers here, but that means playing fair and being careful to not put any of them at any contractual risk at all.    :ty3:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2015, 08:56:21 AM »
pls win <3
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2015, 08:09:40 PM »
They were very very awesome on the first episode! Never left the top positions.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2015, 07:03:58 AM »
One of my favorite teams!  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Merrily skipping to the Pit Stop while Tanner & Josh got a strained hamstring for second place :lol:
"I'm proud of you, you came out of my belly" <3

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2015, 11:29:06 PM »
Hi James Earl and Denise. From the amounts of comments y'all are one of the more popular teams.
Hopefully positive comments, more than the other kind.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2015, 10:37:46 PM »

We are the "nice" forum. You will certainly get opinions....but you will NOT get rudeness here.  :nono2:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,30307.0.html

I don't know how y'all do it! I would have a hard time reading negativity too....

And reminder to all the RFFers!! No racer posting here is to be asked for any SPOILER info. That includes via PM's. We are so delighted to have the racers here, but that means playing fair and being careful to not put any of them at any contractual risk at all.    :ty3:

Let me add something here about advice that was given at another forum (TWoP) which was around from the beginning until Bravo closed it a few years ago. The original recapper and forum admin and moderator there (Sars and Miss Alli, mostly) would tell the family and friends of Racers who joined and posted to realize and understand that posters were free to criticize and criticize harshly, and if they weren't sure they could handle it, they should wait to read threads and posts about their Racer until after the season, if at all. Still a good rule, and being a Racer with thick skin is a very good attribute. even now (Ask Team Guido and Flo.)

And from me, James Earl, you are handling this just fine! :)
-- theschnauzers

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2015, 05:51:17 AM »
I've chosen my favourite team this season.

They most probably won't win. But if they do, I'll scream my lungs out and cry a hundred days. Kiddin'.

I do think if there's another season and IF they don't win, they will be invited back <3

PLEASE.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2015, 06:49:12 AM »
Such an inspirational team <3333

That background stories behind the participates slay Justin and Diana 's <3333
what might have been

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2015, 08:11:33 PM »
So happy they survived!

Denise is gonna be singing and cackling all the way to their win <3

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2015, 09:50:55 PM »
:torche
If only Leg 10 wasn't so linear....
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2015, 09:52:33 PM »

BRING THEM BACK

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2015, 10:06:54 PM »

Good bye to one of the most positive and likable team this season. It's sad to see them go but I'm still happy we get to see them for 10 legs rather than them getting booted in Paris or Netherlands. :(

If James Earl's timetable is free, I think they're locked for returnee season. <3

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2015, 12:47:42 AM »
PLEASE RETURN <3

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2015, 03:54:12 PM »
Their exit was so sad :(

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2015, 04:07:54 PM »
It was. :( It's nice when teams get proper elimination edits and not just 20 seconds of "It sucks but I'm glad we did it!!!!"

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2015, 04:21:42 PM »
Please we need them again <3