Author Topic: TAR 27: Ernest Phillips and Jin Lao (Brothers/Dancers)  (Read 11709 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 27: Ernest Phillips and Jin Lao (Brothers/Dancers)
« on: September 02, 2015, 10:39:36 AM »

#TheDancers

Name: Ernest Phillips
Hometown: Boston (currently living in Burlington, Vt.)
Connection to your teammate: Brother
Current occupation: Dance Instructor, hotel maid /stock boy, homecare provider for brain trauma patients and certified personal trainer.
Describe what you do: I’m a hustler and I have multiple jobs to help me reach my goals in the entertainment industry. 
3 words to describe you: Unique, sexy and athletic.
Favorite hobbies: Paintballing, fitness and dance.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of?  My fitness goals.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Lil Wayne
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Blonka from Street Fighter
What scares you most about traveling? Germs and being late.
What excites you most about traveling? Seeing exotic women and food.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: I would like to address the issue of him thinking he is always right about everything.
Pet peeve about your teammate: He’s always farting and spitting.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Spain, because of the women and food.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)?   I hope to gain that same trust and bond we had when we were little.
Follow on Instagram: @mreknock

Name: Jin Lao
Hometown: Boston, Mass.
Connection to your teammate: Brother
Current occupation: Student /stock boy
Describe what you do: I am in school for filming and photography.
3 words to describe you: Clever, calm and seductive.
Favorite hobbies: Parkour, video games and film-making.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? My favorite accomplishment was my ranking in the Call of Duty 3 video game - 25th in the world!
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Captain Jack Sparrow and The Hulk mixed together with a little Jet Li, on the side.
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Eddie Murphy and Terry Crews mixed together.
What scares you most about traveling? Getting lost.
What excites you most about traveling? Filming the adventures that lie ahead.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: I don’t think we have any and I’m pretty sure I’m right because I always am.
Pet peeve about your teammate: His cockiness and the way he always lets women get in the way.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? China, because Jet Li is there.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? To show my big brother that the dramatic, extreme way is always the right way.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 01:41:17 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 27: Ernest Phillips and Jin Lao (Brothers/Dancers)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 01:41:32 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ssh6-Nb7Ls0" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ssh6-Nb7Ls0</a>
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 03:45:21 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 01:41:42 PM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 01:46:56 PM »
*shudders*

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 06:20:14 PM »
They have a good backstory.... anything else is unfortunately meh :(

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 06:38:44 PM »

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 08:48:09 PM »

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 05:42:21 AM »
I always wanted a team of two black guys like them. I mean, each season usually have a pair of black guys, but they are always the same big football/basketball players... I missed a team like them. I like it. :)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 09:23:39 AM by Hysha »
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2015, 12:26:05 AM »
I always wanted a team of two black guys like them. I mean, each season usually have a pair on black guys, but they are always the same big football/basketball players... I missed a team like them. I like it. :)

I agree. They seem humorous.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2015, 07:04:07 AM »
Definitely my Pre-Race Faves.  :luvya:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2015, 10:10:19 AM »
They need the money, I hope at least they make it far.
And you know, idk, they have something.. that they look pretty.. hahaha
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2015, 07:16:13 AM »
It's strange, but I really like them just by reading their story and seeing how they present themselves (the whole style).
But from their video I didn't really get much, I mean it didn't leave any impact on me, but I still have HUGE expectations for them. :)

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2015, 01:33:35 PM »
let poeple forgeting they won American Best Dance Crew

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2015, 03:39:48 PM »
I think, they are the typical fantasy type of team people often throw in for their fantasy amazing races LOL

I'm just shocked that they got through casting

I really don't think they can win it. IT'S JUST ME. I think they are cool guys with a good story... BUT they just look too random to me on the cast.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2015, 08:28:48 PM »
let poeple forgeting they won American Best Dance Crew

That's actually not true, if my googling is correct they were on Status Quo the runner-ups of ABDC Season 1. They lost against Jabbawockeez, a crew that as far as the fans are concerned is the best dance crew that ever compete in America's Best Dance Crew, so good that were actually excluded of the last season that had all previous winners.

I want to root for them. I like their story and are probably gonna be fun to watch but they don't seem to know what they are doing and don't seem to care that much beyond the prize. :/

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2015, 06:05:53 AM »
They have a good backstory.... anything else is unfortunately meh :(

Scratch that, they're awesome!  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2015, 06:04:38 AM »
They somehow looked like globetrotters to me at first
the difference is that they are much funnier than the (production-think) funny globetrotters  :hearts:

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2015, 11:31:52 PM »
I think they are awesome. Probably not go far, but I love the way they have fun on the show.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2015, 09:32:55 AM »

the difference is that they are much funnier than the (production-think) funny globetrotters  :hearts:

In total agreement with this!

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2015, 09:33:48 AM »
It's a shame they were out so soon. They could have had many more funny moments, and seriously needed the money.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2015, 01:16:49 PM »

Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race's breakdancing brothers Ernest Phillip and Jin Lao talk (Part 1)

By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 10/12/2015

The Amazing Race eliminated Ernest Phillip and Jin Lao during Friday night's broadcast of the CBS reality competition's 27th season.

The "Breakdancing Brothers" became the third team eliminated from the around-the-world competition after they arrived at the Race's third Pit Stop at the Museo Gauchesco in Argentina in last place.

Ernest and Jin started the third leg way behind the rest of the pack, but they really lost their chance of continuing on in the Race thanks to some bad luck and a bus schedule.

In an exclusive interview with Reality TV World on Monday, Ernest and Jin talked about their The Amazing Race experience. Below is the first half. Check back with us soon for the concluding portion. 

Reality TV World: Do you know how far behind Tiffany Chantell and Krista Debono you finally arrived at the Pit Stop when you got eliminated?

Jin Lao: We do not know! The whole time we were running the Race, it's like, we didn't see anybody, so.

Reality TV World: Were you surprised to be the third team eliminated? I'm sure you guys saw yourselves going the distance. You seemed confident about what you were bringing to the table?

Ernest Phillip: We definitely were surprised. I mean, we honestly thought that we were one of the strongest teams out there, and we thought that we had what it takes to get to the end. It basically came down to us not catching a bus, putting us a ways behind. So, that kind of screwed us.

Jin Lao: Yeah. We were kind of doomed before we even got to the third leg because of how much time we wasted getting to the end of the second.

Reality TV World: I think you started the leg 45 minutes behind the team who left the second Pit Stop before you. How much additional time do you think you lost because of missing that bus?

Jin Lao: So, there were two buses. I think one left around 6:45AM and the other one left at 7:30AM. I think we left the Pit Stop at 7:16AM, so we had to make it to the bus station and catch it at 7:30AM.

And the bus station wasn't that close to the mat, so it just meant a little bit of bad news for us. Because literally, the next bus after the 7:30AM one didn't come until two hours later. And not only did it not come for two hours, it decided to come late. So it was two hours and 30 minutes late.

Ernest Phillip: We were screwed when we first left the mat. (Laughs)

Reality TV World: Would you say the third leg went pretty smoothly for you guys other than that, or, did you run across some other bad luck or something that went wrong?

Ernest Phillip: I would say the leg definitely ran smooth. It also ran very lonely because it was just us.

Jin Lao: (Laughs)

Ernest Phillip: So, I mean, (laughs) it did run smooth because we only had to focus on each other and we were basically cheering each other on and stuff like that. But I, to this day, would have loved to be able to be on an even playing field and race that leg with other teams. It would've felt good, you know?

Jin Lao: If we had got on that [7:30AM] bus, we definitely would've passed a couple of teams because that smoking the meat Roadblock, he got right in there and did it pretty quick.

Reality TV World: Was there any point at all along the way you thought you'd have a chance not to finish in last place? It sort of sounds like you knew you were doomed the whole time unfortunately. (Laughs)

Ernest Phillip: We honestly did feel like we were doomed, but at the same time, we knew in our minds that -- we felt like we moved faster than a lot of the teams there. So we were like, "There is a good chance we could catch up. We know the Race, people run into mistakes, and sometimes they're behind, like, hours. So we might actually be able to catch somebody."

And then once we got to the smoking meat Roadblock, I realized that a lot of the other teams' meat looked like it had been burnt, like they had been grilling for years. (Laughs) So I realized that we were really far behind. So we just kind of hoped that it would be a non-elimination until [Phil said] it wasn't a non-elimination.

Reality TV World: Ernest, how long did it take you to complete that Roadblock task?

Ernest Phillip: Alright, listen. I'm not going to brag or nothing, but you know, I don't smoke meat! I don't do that! But when I got there, my brother, he gave me the courage that I was the best smoker out there. And I would like to say that I'm pretty sure I completed that smoking that meat in less than 10 minutes. I was nice. I was the best smoker that they had out there. I was good.

Jin Lao: Yeah, [Ernest], you smoked it like a pro.

Reality TV World: What about the Detour task? First of all, what made you guys initially want to do the "Carriage" task instead of "Horse," and how long do you think it took you?

Jin Lao: We didn't want to do that one! We wanted to do the horses because it sounded like it was easier. The other one was more, like, I don't know. It was just more physical, and we were already kind of tired because we had been running the whole day. So, basically when we got there, all the teams had picked the easy one already. So, we had to do the other one.

Ernest Phillip: So we were left with what we had to do. So we decided to run down and make it interesting and put a lot of energy into whatever we had to do. And it ended up being the one that was probably the furthest away. (Laughs) We did a lot of running. We had the dog following us, and I mean, we completed it. We got to put on some sexy outfit -- well, I thought my outfit was sexy. I liked it.

Reality TV World: Would you guys say it was almost easier running this last leg because you were so aware of being in last place? In other words, did you feel more or less pressure to perform well?

Jin Lao: Hmmm.

Ernest Phillip: I wouldn't say that it was easier, because I honestly feel like -- and bro, you can jump in if I'm wrong -- but I feel like for us, it's easier when we have competition. I feel like it's easier when we know we have to beat somebody.

Jin Lao: I wouldn't necessarily say it was easier for us when we have competition. It's just that we work HARDER when we have competition. So, it's like, we believe we probably would've went faster if we were still trying to beat people.

Like if we saw somebody that was trying to complete the challenge, we're going to work! We're going to work harder than they do so we can try to pass them. So, I would say it was harder not seeing anybody.

Check back with Reality TV World soon for the concluding portion of Ernest and Jin's exclusive The Amazing Race interview.

Read more at http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-the-amazing-race-breakdancing-brothers-ernest-phillip-and-jin-lao-talk-(part-1)-18651.php#UQDVToy3reXzTfDq.99
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2015, 09:40:30 PM »
FROM CBS.COM
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/photos/1004965/thedancers-reflect-on-their-adventures-during-the-amazing-race/

#TheDancers Reflect On Their Adventures During The Amazing Race

Ernest and Jin dance their way out of the competition.

After traveling the globe together, #TheDancers (Ernest and Jin) boogied their way out of The Amazing Race at the end of Ep. 3.

While the pair might not be proceeding to the next leg of the journey, Ernest and Jin's positive spirits, infectious personalities, and happy-go-lucky attitudes are bound to bring them much luck in their futures.

Read what the two-stepping team has to say about their Race experience.

1. What was your favorite experience during The Amazing Race?
Ernest:
"My favorite experience would have to be just being able to be in a different country every other day. [It's] not every day does [people] like us to get to experience that, so that was something definitely interesting and very exciting to me."
Jin: "My favorite experience had to be the helicopter ride through Brazil in Episode 1. I never thought in a million years I would be able to do something like that. It was absolutely beautiful."

2. What was the primary reason you wanted to go on the Race? Do you feel like you fulfilled your goal before being eliminated?
Ernest:
"My reason for going on the Race was not just to win 1 million dollars, but to be able to challenge myself and put myself through things I would not put myself through every day. I don't just like being handed money; I like to work for the money. And, not be rude, but to answer your question, I feel like I was not challenged and I feel like I was not pushed. The things we had done before we got eliminated were things that I normally have done already in my life.
For example, looking for cardboard in the trash. Yes, it was nasty, but back in the day, I used to collect cans and bottles for money, and I had to dig in crazier places to get stuff just to have a little change in my pocket. So, I would have liked to stay in longer, so I could get Roadblocks and Detours that challenged me mentally and physically."
Jin: "My primary reason was to make a better life for me and my brother. My dream job is to become a filmmaker, so the million dollars would have helped me tremendously to get an apartment, movie equipment, a car... I can go on for days. So, unfortunately, no, my goal wasn’t fulfilled, as of yet, but who knows. Maybe the exposure from the show will help [me] get a foot in the door for better things."

3. What was the biggest lesson you've learned on the Race, and how will you use it going forward in your lives?
Ernest:
"One thing I've learned on Race is you cannot judge a book by its cover. I honestly always knew that, but even playing volleyball with the #TheCousins, thinking they were not going to beat us, and thinking that the show was going to be a lot easier. That was a lie. It was definitely hard and #TheCousins definitely beat us. So, just going forward, I [will] make sure that I'm prepared mentally for everything, no matter how strong I think I am for something."
Jin: "The biggest lesson I wanted to learn was how to make taxis appear out of thin air. Kidding. I can’t say I’ve learned something from the Race, but I can say I went into the Race with a positive attitude to never give up and always push forward. Hopefully, people will see that and apply that to their lives, if they haven’t already. 'Impossible' only exists when you create borders."

4. How has the Race changed your relationship with each other?
Ernest:
"I don't think the Race changed anything, but it has made me realize how much more my brother really wants a better life. Just seeing how hard he pushed, I could see how much it meant to him each leg. It makes me even more sad that we did not make it further in the Race."
Jin: "I can’t say it changed much. My brother is still the annoying little black guy he always was, but I can say the Race gave us some good old quality time we would of never had because we're always working."

5. Did you spend a lot of time creating bonds with the other teams between legs?
Ernest:
"As much as a lot of people think the teams have a lot of time to bond, you actually don't because your mind is racing the whole time and you're usually thinking about the competition. But, when we have time to chill at the airport or maybe sit at a Roadblock or Detour, you do talk a little and get to know the teams. The teams that we bonded with and had great friendships with would be #TheCousins, #TheReporters, and #TheCheerleaders. Those are definitely my top three."
Jin: "It’s not like we [had] much time, because everyone is dead tired. So, most of the bonding happens in front of the cameras. After the Race, though, is where the real bonding happens. No pressure, no hidden agendas, just people kicking it, relaxing, and getting to know each other."

6. How were you able to remain so optimistic through all you've been through both before the Race and during?
Ernest:
"I have been through so much and learned so much. On the second leg, yes, we cried because we thought we were eliminated and we were also upset. In that last leg, we raced the whole time by ourselves. We were very far behind, so all we did was make sure we kept each other motivated and we knew there was nothing that we could do. We just gave it our all and pushed to the end, hoping it was a non-elimination leg.
[For me], I go through life doing auditions, trying to make money trying to survive. Sometimes, I don't come in first place. Sometimes, I don't place at all. So, I guess you can say I'm kind of used to it, but that's not going to stop me from trying. I just took this situation and said, 'You know what? Yes, we didn't come in first place. Yes, we got out early, but let's keep pushing.'"
Jin: "There are two kinds of people. Ones that complain about the end of the world until they die, and ones that try to enjoy the time they do have before it happens. Growing up less fortunate taught us to appreciate time. You never know when it’s going to be taken away from you and if it does, I want to spend it smiling, being happy, and fighting for success."

7. If you are ever invited back, would you do the Race again?
Ernest:
"Yes, I would come back a hundred percent and I would race again. I'm pretty sure that [true] for my brother, too. If we did come back, I probably would start building alliances earlier, just in case."
Jin: "Another chance at bettering my life? Of course, without any hesitation! Not everyone gets a second chance, so, hell yeah, I would race again."

8. What's next for you both?
Ernest:
"I'm not really sure what's next for us. My brother is in school at the moment and I'm just jumping around from place to place. I guess I will look for a job to try to put some money in my pocket. I hope Race decides to call us back and have us on for All Stars!"
Jin: "Hopefully, another chance at the Race or a chance at my dream job, which is filmmaking."

Watch all-new episodes of The Amazing Race on Fridays at 8/7c.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2015, 06:26:52 PM »
Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race' team Ernest Phillip and Jin Lao talk (Part 2)

By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 10/16/2015

The Amazing Race eliminated Ernest Phillip and Jin Lao during Friday night's broadcast of the CBS reality competition's 27th season.

The "Breakdancing Brothers" became the third team eliminated from the around-the-world competition after they arrived at the Race's third Pit Stop at the Museo Gauchesco in Argentina in last place.

Ernest and Jin started the third leg way behind the rest of the pack, but they really lost their chance of continuing on in the Race thanks to some bad luck and a bus schedule.

In an exclusive interview with Reality TV World on Monday, Ernest and Jin talked about their The Amazing Race experience. Below is the concluding portion.

Reality TV World: Tanner Kloven and Josh Ahern obviously viewed Justin Scheman and Diana Bishop as annoying but also as a big threat. Would you have been game to U-Turn them as well? Josh and Tanner are going to give their Express Pass to whichever team completes the job. What are your thoughts on Justin and Diana?

Ernest Phillip: I'm going to let my brother Jin talk about that first, because I'm pretty sure we both have different opinions on that. So, go ahead my swag brother. You talk first.

Jin Lao: So, we didn't get a chance to actually -- what do you call it? "Not like" the Green Team. A lot of the other teams out there don't like the Green Team, but yeah, we haven't really encountered a situation where we just happened to dislike them.

So I would say if Tanner and Josh did come up to us and try to ask us or come up with some gameplan to U-Turn them, we probably wouldn't have, you know, worked with them, (laughs) unless it would come to our advantage. I'm pretty sure they weren't going to give us the Express Pass though.

Reality TV World: Oh really? So you don't think Josh and Tanner would've honored that deal?

Jin Lao: No, I don't think they would give it to us. Because I feel like there are, I don't know, easier teams -- basically not such a strong team.

Ernest Phillip: I actually agree with my brother. We never really got a chance to talk to the Green Team or hang with them because they were so far ahead. I, myself, honestly feel like if Tanner and Josh did come over and say, "Hey what's up guys? Let's do this."

I agree with my brother again. We would not have agreed. We'd probably bet against them at that point. Me, myself, I don't know why, but I felt that our biggest threat was Texas [Josh and Tanner], and I wanted a footrace with them so bad! I don't know why. I just wanted, like, this one big footrace to one of the Pit Stops with them. But that never happened.

But [Justin and Diana] I actually wanted to align with and get to know more. Just off that first leg, just watching them, I was like, "Okay, they're here and they're not playing games." It made me want to work with them more, so I wish that we would've gotten that chance. But again, they were too far ahead for us to even talk to.

Reality TV World: Were you aware of Tanner's injury though? You'd think that would make you view them less as a threat.

Ernest Phillip: I don't remember us being aware or even hearing about it. I think, again, they were probably a little farther than us too. Right, bro? I don't remember hearing about it until I saw it on the show.

Jin Lao: We noticed, I'd say, that Tanner pulled his hamstring after the second Pit Stop. Remember, he was limping? After we finished? We kind of knew something was wrong right there with his leg.

Reality TV World: Your team's storyline this season was about your financial struggles at home and how winning the money would mean everything to you because then you could get yourselves off the ground. What's your plan now? Has that situation improved at all for the both of you since filming the show?

Jin Lao: I can't necessarily say anything improved, because we didn't get any, like, special jobs or anything off of it. We're still hustling trying to, you know, make money. We're working at any job that's hiring -- just a couple of dollars here or there. So, Ernest, would you agree?

Ernest Phillip: Yeah, I mean, now with the show being over, it's not that we're going -- for us, it's not like we're going to give up now and not keep pushing. We're going to continue to keep pushing. Like my brother said, we're going to continue to look for jobs and try to make some money.

I, myself, again, I just love the whole competition thing and being able to be challenged. That's another reason why we were on the Race. We're not just going to get handed a million dollars. We had to be challenged. We had to pass certain tests. So, right now, I'm going to try to just get back out there and keep finding things that are going to challenge me.

Reality TV World: You only got to race a few legs, but based on that experience, is there anything you could do to better prepare if you were to ever race again? Did you learn anything that would be helpful for future Racers as well?

Jin Lao: Yeah, learn how to catch a bus! (Laughs)

Ernest Phillip: I would say that something helpful, again, learning different languages would definitely be helpful, and I don't know. Me and my brother probably have different opinions on this, but I still -- like when it came to this race -- the only challenge I feel like we were facing was the language barrier at times. When it came down to this bus thing, we had no control over that.

That was the rule, you know, to get on the bus. If that wasn't the rule, I'm pretty sure because me and my brother hustled and we grind and nothing stops us, we would've found another way to get to where we had to go, and it would've been a different outcome.

Reality TV World: Were you two big fans of the show before being cast, and if so, how did competing on The Amazing Race differ from your expectations going into it? Did anything surprise you?

Ernest Phillip: I have been watching The Amazing Race. I don't remember everything from every season, but I have watched all 27 seasons. It's something I have always looked at and said, "Oh, that looks easy. If I were there, I would do this. If I were there, I would say this."

So it was finally time for me to have a chance to be on the show, and I was like, "You know what? I'm going to audition." So I hit my brother up and I was like, "We're going to be on The Amazing Race."

And he's like, "Yeah, okay. You're talking about that crazy show you're always watching? We're not going to be on that." And then when it finally came down to it, we got a phone call about the Race and he flipped his top.

So we started training together and it definitely was different from watching it, you know? I realize now I'm not going to talk trash, like, "Oh, I can do this. I can do that." Because when I got to the show, I realized it was definitely not as easy as it looked on TV.

Jin Lao: Everybody watching from home, like, you only see a little of running. We were literally running miles and miles. I don't know. It was crazy.

Reality TV World: Was this your first time applying for the show since, Ernest, you've been such a big fan for a long time?

Ernest Phillip: That was our first time applying for the show, and luckily, our first time, we ended up making it.

Read more at http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-the-amazing-race-team-ernest-phillip-and-jin-lao-talk-(part-2)-18675.php?

BlueBird

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2015, 04:39:18 PM »
I miss them already! We need the dancers to come back to redeem themselves. It was an early departure!

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster