Author Topic: S31: Spencer Bledsoe (Takeo)  (Read 7420 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
S31: Spencer Bledsoe (Takeo)
« on: August 25, 2015, 09:46:26 PM »
Spencer Bledsoe

Image Credit: Monty Brinton/CBS

Season 28 Survivor: Cagayan

Previous Finish: 4th place

What will you do differently this time around? "I was an underdog of Charlie Brown proportions when I first played Survivor, and I wasn’t as skilled as I thought I’d be. With a second chance, I’ll focus more on the people around me and less on getting lost in my own head. I’m still the same Survivor-obsessed super geek, but instead of relying on being a student of the game, I’ll get far this time via better genuine relationships. It’s time for Charlie Brown to bust out of the peanut gallery and walk the walk."

http://www.ew.com/gallery/survivor-cambodia-second-chance-cast-photos/2285473_spencer-bledsoe
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: S31: Spencer Bledsoe (Takeo)
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 09:46:41 PM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 10:16:49 PM »
Spencer all the way <33333

Glam pic <3
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 12:33:26 PM »
Analysis of Spencer Bledsoe (original Ta Keo Tribe).

Following Episode 1 (posted in the wrong place last week): As much as I like Spencer, I feel that he will be targeted early an often because of other players' perception of him as very likeable and very strategic. His best strategy will be to align with another power player who might also carry that perception and not understand that Spencer would be pulling the strings. It seems as though he accomplished that in the first episode, but his only hope is that his tribe has numbers at any potential merge/split, because the other tribe definitely views him that way.

Following Episode 2: My thoughts about Spencer fall along the same lines as those I shared about Shirin, the contestant eliminated this episode. Spencer relied too much in the so-called "New School" way of playing the game and failed to give enough credit to the "Old School" mentalities best exemplified on his tribe by Terry Deitz and Jeff Varner. I believe his plea at tribal council will be perceived as transparent and only a major shakeup in the game (foreshadowed in preview scenes from the next episode) will give him any chance to make the jury. As much as these are seasoned Survivor veterans, they are still people who need harmony in their day-to-day lives, and Spencer does not offer them any (at least not as genuinely as others).

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 10:05:40 AM »
My season pick again!  :cheer:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 10:08:43 AM »
NO!

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 01:37:24 PM »
Spencer Bledsoe (Bayon Tribe, original Ta Keo)
Following Episode 3: Spencer got a reprieve from being the next eliminated by realigning with a new tribe and fellow strategist Stephen Fishbach. He also got to show his personal side to Jeremy in a genuine conversation. Spencer still comes off as somewhat phony to me, because his analytical side comes across in too many of his conversations with tribemates. I am sure Fishbach will throw him under the bus the moment it serves his interest. The Bayon majority will gladly remove him before Kelly Wiggleworth.

Following Episode 4: As I suspected, Spencer's appearance of genuine personal interest in his tribemates was undone by his over-plotting nature displayed in his conversation with Monica. It is clear that he is the least trustworthy of any castaway remaining in the game and is the easiest vote to make on his current tribe. Spencer has not learned his lesson and the only way he makes the jury is if his tribe avoids tribal council. There might come a point when both remaining six-person tribes might be forced to go to tribal council absent any challenge. If that is the case, Spencer is a goner.

--------
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 02:01:55 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015, 12:50:06 AM »
Spencergod keep slaying <3

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 12:27:44 PM »
Spencergod keep slaying <3

Yaaaas. Flirt that Monica into submission and get out a bigger threat <3
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2015, 02:56:12 AM »
Hoping Jeremy/Spencer run the show and Spencer cuts Jeremy towards the end tbh.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2015, 12:17:03 AM »
Spencer's reactions to the food at the Immunity Challenge give me life <3

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2015, 06:08:22 AM »
I love the fact he has been so many people's pawn. Edit loves him but he's clueless about nearly all the votes

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2015, 07:51:06 AM »
I love that his story is so similar to last time (always on the bottom) and yet he is trying to play so differently (connecting with people).

It will be very interesting to see what position he ends up with once we merge, especially with such large numbers.

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2015, 08:01:45 AM »
I still like him, but his edit can bug me sometimes.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2015, 08:04:47 AM »
I'm never gonna complain about more Spencer on my screen TBH. <3

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2015, 08:33:58 AM »
I guess he's the luckiest contestant in the season so far.  :funny:

Also, Kass + Spencer  :luvya:

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2015, 03:30:44 PM »
He could be in trouble around F8. Spencer needs to keep some meat shields and catty ladies around him to distract from his challenge prowess.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2015, 04:44:17 PM »
Spencer Bledsoe (Ta Keo after 2nd swap, Bayon after 1st swap, original Ta Keo)
Following Episodes 5 and 6: I have not liked Spencer from the beginning. Regardless of how pleasant he might be to his tribemates in everyday life, his confessionals to the camera combined with the strategic conversations he shares with his tribemates reveal him to be a phony person. His tribemates must see this in him as well, which is why he will be considered a snake like Monica was and will be targeted often. It was nice to see him bury the hatchet with Kass (at least temporarily), but his constant self-preservation mode does not impress me, simply because both he and the people to whom he commits a voting alliance all know that he is merely a tool for their use, that he is not creating his own path but relying on the agendas of others. If he miraculously made it to the final tribal council, I am sure the jury will point this out to him. This is the only one of the 13 remaining castaways that I am certain will not win the title of Sole Survivor.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 10:15:15 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2015, 04:47:14 PM »
Spencer Bledsoe (original Ta Keo, Bayon after 1st swap, Ta Keo after 2nd swap)
Following Episode 7 (the merge): Spencer remained in desperation mode, continuing his "better late than never" approach toward constructing working relationships with castaways while doing his best to restrain his Shirin-like hyper-strategizing. He began dialogues with Jeremy and Stephen Fishbach after the first swap and Andrew Savage after the second swap. Now following the merge, he approached Joe. Unfortunately for Spencer, he will remain at the bottom of the pecking order in any of these alliances, whether it is the original Bayon alliance or any sub-alliance within it. His downfall ultimately will be not working better with the remaining original Ta Keo members. However, he did start a conversation with Kelley Wentworth -- interesting considering how she holds the hidden immunity idol, which should propel her far in the game. Yet if she were ever to be perceived as in a sub-alliance with Spencer, then Spencer would be eliminated before her. So I consider that relationship as a benefit to her much more than Spencer (i.e. an insurance policy or human shield). Spencer needs to assert himself better and be a leader in his destiny rather than a pawn in someone else's. He should take a cue from Ciera's boldness in speeches she has delivered to her tribe.

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2015, 07:50:22 AM »
Kass saved your ass on the pre-merge... You could have done the same to her. ¬¬
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2015, 08:44:51 AM »
BARF

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2015, 09:16:39 AM »
Kass saved your ass on the pre-merge... You could have done the same to her. ¬¬
Spencer wanted to work with her, unfortunately they don't have the number. Even if he voted Tasha, Kass would have voted out anyway and he could be the next target. So sad because i want to see Spencer & Kass work together  :( :(

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2015, 09:47:18 AM »
How could he have saved her? It was 6-4 and he didn't even vote for her. It would have required at least both Joe and Kelley (or two other people) to save her.

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2015, 09:50:15 AM »
True. Even if Kass, Abi, Ciera, Kelley and Spencer vote Tasha, the vote would still be split 5-5-3 and there would be a revote. Kass goes in the revote.