Author Topic: Immunity Idol TWIST *Spoilers*  (Read 2397 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Immunity Idol TWIST *Spoilers*
« on: August 25, 2015, 09:30:18 PM »
Survivor exclusive: Immunity idols to be hidden at challenges this season       

by Dalton Ross       

Posted August 24 2015 — 9:00 AM                   

Allowing fans to vote for the cast for Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance is not the only big twist for next season. We’ve got another exclusive scoop for you regarding season 31 (which will premiere Sept. 23 at 8 p.m. ET on CBS), and this time it involves the use of hidden immunity idols.

There are actually two big twists with the idols this season, the first of which is that every idol will look different. This could lead to more confusion among the contestants as to which idols are real and which are fake. Host Jeff Probst explained the idea behind it while speaking to EW on location for filming in May. “The first thing we’re doing with the idols is we’re making idols look different, so every idol will be unique,” says Probst. “One idol will look really fancy and the next idol will look like a 5-year-old made it. So when you get an idol, you’re going to have to convince somebody it’s real because they’re going to think it isn’t. But that also opens a door to make a fake idol … and they won’t know which is up and which is down. You can play all angles on this.”

But that is just the first wrinkle to the immunity idols, and this reporter could not be more excited about the second. While the look of the idols will be different, so will the location of where you can find them. For the first time ever, idols will hidden in the middle of challenges. Probst explains: “To get an idol you’re going to have to do something that you, Dalton Ross of Entertainment Weekly, have been pitching for years — along with us — which is hiding the idol in the middle of a challenge. So here’s how it will work: Day 1, they start building their shelter, you know people are going to start looking for an idol. They’re going to find it in a tree or under a trunk — whatever. But it will be a clue and the clue will say, ‘Good news, the idol is within reach. You just have to be daring enough to grab it.’ And we’re going to have a drawing [of the challenge]. You will know exactly where it is. There is no search. The only question is, can you do it in front of your tribe in the middle of a challenge and get away with it? I love that.”

So do I. As noted by Probst, I have long lobbied for idols to be hidden at challenges. It will add a completely new element into the game in which players at the very least will have to figure out how to retrieve one without anyone noticing, and could also force them to choose whether to sacrifice personal performance in a group contest for the individual advantage of an immunity idol.
You can watch Probst himself explain it all in the video above, and for more Survivor intel, follow me on Twitter @DaltonRoss. Also feel free to weigh in yourself: What do you think about the new hidden immunity idol twists?

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/24/survivor-cambodia-second-chance-immunity-idols-challenges
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Immunity Idol TWIST *Spoilers*
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 08:57:51 AM »
I am really looking forward to these little twists to the game. Idols at challenges, Idols being able to look like anything (including a "f**king stick") and the Instant Eviction style tribal after the first a Challenge.

It should be a very interesting season to watch and hopefully it lives up to the hype.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 02:24:18 PM »
I am really looking forward to these little twists to the game. Idols at challenges, Idols being able to look like anything (including a "f**king stick") and the Instant Eviction style tribal after the first a Challenge.

It should be a very interesting season to watch and hopefully it lives up to the hype.
What?! Never heard of that, where'd you find it? ???

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 02:33:09 PM »
I t is in one of the Dalton Articles, I'll look.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 02:40:07 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 03:04:49 PM »
Here:

Few Survivors are ever happy about losing immunity challenges, unless it’s
day 15 and you’re on the Boran tribe and your name isn’t Silas Gaither. The
Survivors who lose the first Second Chance immunity challenge will feel the
sting of defeat more than most.
Just like the original Quest For Fire in
Borneo, the Second Chance version of the challenge will run at dusk. “We’ll have
this beautiful light,” Probst tells me, thinking ahead two days into the future.
He’s right; when the day arrives, it’s beautiful. But for ten of the Second
Chancers, beauty is a beast.

“There’s no time to go back to camp,” says Probst, “so the losing
tribe will leave directly from the challenge and go right to
Tribal.”

It’s bad news for anyone on the losing tribe, especially
anyone without solid partners or plans in place ahead of running the immunity
challenge. “Normally, they have hours to go back and start talking to their
alliance,” Probst says. “Now, you’re going to have to hope that you talked
earlier — because if not, you’re screwed.”

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31484.msg1120808.html#msg1120808
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 04:26:16 PM »
Hoping that doesn't make the likes of Kass an easy first target -__________________________________________-

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 04:56:21 PM »
I like that as a twist, but hey... maybe not the first tribal..?

I'm already expecting someone like Kass or Abi to be the victim of that. People are going to be keeping their options open and nobody's going to be set on who they want gone or even who they're working with long-term, so those obvious targets are gonna suffer...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 10:21:50 PM »
So far this has been a nothing ...right? :groan:

no discussion of idols, where found, how found, what they look like.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2015, 10:32:09 PM »

Kelley and Jeremy have it lol.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2015, 10:35:01 PM »

Kelley and Jeremy have it lol.

Not what I mean...the big twist was that they would be different, so people comparing would maybe think some were not real.

Or someone would be seen in  plain sight getting it.

And...nada, zero, zilch. No one is talking!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2015, 12:04:06 AM »
Well Kelley/Jeremy were both very stealthy in snagging their's, but they could have been caught, especially Kelley.

I don't understand, what with Angkor being a thing for 3 tribals, why there wasn't an idol clue for them (maybe there was and no one found it? Has that been confirmed or discussed?)

Also, I would imagine something that could make massive chaos would be idols being planted in THIS stage of the game - during the individual portion, you can't hide behind a "team" working quickly in a challenge. Everyone will see you snag something when you blatantly give up on a challenge like this ball balancing thing. I imagine there's a chance we could see this occur in a more active individual challenge, though.

Production probably thought "hey if they see Kelley snag the idol right here and now, she's potential first boot" - obviously being sneaky sneaky backfires on them.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2015, 02:07:02 AM »
Maybe we will have some team reward challenges where HII is hidden.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2015, 05:38:47 AM »
Kelley was quick and stealthy... Jeremy wasn't, he just went down to his knees next to the chest while everyone was waiting for him to do something... Nobody questioned because there is no reason to be suspicious unless you know about the idols on challenges nobody care, just wait for it to be implemented in a future season, everyone is gonna freak out at challenges.

I'd like to assume that there was a clue in Angkor but they were  hit by rain and they were probably too busy having nothing to build a shelter to go searching for idols.

Edit: After watching the last episode, I'm pretty sure the ornament of the lid of the well is the Idol for the merge tribe. Big and different enough to be seen. And could easily hide the instructions note on the side that we don't see. It reminds me of the ones in China.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 10:57:19 AM by Vitoko »

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2015, 03:25:40 PM »
I don't understand, what with Angkor being a thing for 3 tribals, why there wasn't an idol clue for them (maybe there was and no one found it? Has that been confirmed or discussed?)
Jeff Varner said he had spent time looking for the idol (well, the clue, but he thought idols were hidden at camp).

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2015, 03:38:35 PM »

Edit: After watching the last episode, I'm pretty sure the ornament of the lid of the well is the Idol for the merge tribe. Big and different enough to be seen. And could easily hide the instructions note on the side that we don't see. It reminds me of the ones in China.

oooh love that idea!
RFF's Golden Rule: