Author Topic: S31: Woo Hwang (Takeo)  (Read 1326 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
S31: Woo Hwang (Takeo)
« on: August 25, 2015, 05:02:34 PM »
Woo Hwang

Image Credit: Monty Brinton/CBS

Season 28 Survivor: Cagayan

Previous Finish: Runner-up

What will you do differently this time around? "For me, the ultimate decision comes down to whether or not I uphold my martial art values while playing the game. On Cagayan, I adapted to the gameplay to make it to the final two, but in the end, I did not adapt who I was as a person. Survivor is a game that has, up until now, proven that in order to win, you have to get your hands dirty. Should I enter the dark side to win it all? Or should I prove that morality can trump deceit, even on Survivor? Right now, all I know is that I'm going to have even more fun than I did last time."

http://www.ew.com/gallery/survivor-cambodia-second-chance-cast-photos/2285503_woo-hwang
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: S31: Woo Hwang (Takeo)
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 05:02:45 PM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 12:34:46 PM »
Analysis of Woo Hwang (original Ta Keo Tribe).

Following Episode 1 (posted in the wrong place last week): I like Woo as a person, but in his first stint on Survivor, he displayed how his honor code will prevent him from making the correct choices in the game. As long as he is on the stronger tribe, he will go far, because his allies know that they can trust him. Either way, he will not earn the respect needed from a veteran group of players to prove he is the ultimate survivor. Also, if he is in a minority alliance, he will be voted out because of his ability to win challenges for a team.

Following Episode 2: Although Woo appeared in recent season of Survivor, his honor code definitely puts him in the category of "Old School" player. While that left him toward the bottom of his tribe's totem pole after the first tribal council, his status was improved in the second episode when Jeff Varner and Terry Deitz showed that the "Old School" players can "flip the script" and play a "New School" game. Nonetheless, Woo remains an outlier in the grand scheme of the game. Other than Spencer, Woo would be most benefitted by a shakeup in the game (foreshadowed in preview scenes from the next episode).

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 01:36:48 PM »
Woo Hwang (Angkor Tribe, original Ta Keo)
Following Episode 3: Woo needs to wake up and realize that loyalties shift very quickly in the game. Just because he aligns with Peih-Gee does not mean that everyone else will or should. Woo must be willing to talk both short term and long term strategy with everyone instead of simply just asking what the vote is and what his should be.

Following Episode 4: Like Spencer on the new Bayon tribe, Woo's words at tribal council seem insincere. It is rather obvious that he would be willing to eliminate all three of his current tribemates and form alliances with members of other tribes as soon as possible. Like Jeff Varner, Woo was unlucky in how the tribes broke down since Day 1. His only hope for going far is to avoid tribal council until all tribes merge.

--------
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 02:18:07 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 01:31:51 PM »
I hate this useless thing.
"Woo has continued to be out of the loop throughout the game. The only difference between his second and first seasons is that now he's angry to be the last one to know everything."

He robbed us of Jeff (not Probst) (:;) :gaah: (:;)

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 04:43:56 PM »
Woo Hwang (Ta Keo after 2nd swap, Angkor after 1st swap, original Ta Keo)
Following Episodes 5 and 6: Woo's elimination might have been the collateral damage for Andrew Savage's curious decision to announce Ciera as their tribe's red herring for an intended vote against Spencer. At the same time, Woo's lack of assertiveness in creating alliances and plotting within them left him susceptible to this sort of blindside vote. Regardless of the words he shared with the Angkor tribe at his previous tribal council, he needed to show willingness to work with more members of his tribe than just Savage. So, like many of the previously eliminated castaways, Woo did not make enough changes to the way he played the game the first time and paid the price.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 10:17:49 PM by georgiapeach »