Author Topic: S31: Monica Padilla (Bayon)  (Read 5977 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
S31: Monica Padilla (Bayon)
« on: August 25, 2015, 03:24:02 PM »
Monica Padilla

Image Credit: Monty Brinton/CBS

Season 19 Survivor: Samoa

Previous Finish: 7th place

What will you do differently this time around? "Last time I played in Survivor: Samoa, I was young and fresh out of law school. I didn't truly see the big picture. I am going into this season older and wiser —ready to prioritize my end game from day 1, always keeping day 39 in sight! In Samoa I made it to day 33, but I was worried about how I was perceived and not hurting anyone's feelings. This time I am going ALL in, and holding NOTHING back. I was the only one who wasn't afraid to step up to Russell before anyone even knew who he was! If you vote for me to play again, I won't wait until my head is on the chopping block to make my million dollar threats!"

http://www.ew.com/gallery/survivor-cambodia-second-chance-cast-photos/2285463_monica-padilla
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: S31: Monica Padilla (Bayon)
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 03:24:15 PM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 12:50:28 PM »

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 12:41:40 PM »
Analysis of Monica Padilla (original Bayon Tribe).

Following Episode 1 (posted in the wrong place last week): Monica got very little face time on the first episode. That leaves me wondering if she might make a deep run in the competition. I am sure she, like Kelley Wentworth, will be underestimated. And we have already seen what Wentworth is capable of accomplishing. As with any other player, it is all about how she positions herself within her alliance and whether she can build relationships outside of it well enough to leverage them at the moments of those inevitable twists (tribe split, merge, swap, etc.).

Following Episode 2: I remain curious about what the video editors are withholding from the viewers about Monica. She appears to be lying in wait in her tribe, and the only way we will know more about her status is when she is on a tribe that is headed to tribal council. As far as I can tell, she can strategize with the other smart, strategic women of her tribe (Kass, Tasha, Ciera), but will she distinguish herself enough to earn the votes needed to win in the end? Time will tell.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 04:19:32 PM »
Omg please don't remain purple :'(
She has so much potential, please let it show, Monica!

With such edit I am starting to lose hope to see anything significant from her, but I am still waiting for her tribe to go to tribal and then finally see Monica strategising!

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 05:32:07 PM »
Give INVica screentime plox

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 07:06:04 AM »
She said something  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2015, 07:41:00 AM »
Yeah, finally some screentime for her! :)
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2015, 01:39:11 PM »
Monica Padilla (Bayon Tribe, original Bayon)
Following Episode 3: Like Kimmi, Monica continues to fly under the radar. She is in a group of solid female players on the original Bayon Tribe who all seemed destined to be on the jury barring a dramatic event that changes their fortune.

Following Episode 4: Monica remains an X-factor. She is beginning to plot against Spencer, which leads me to believe that she has plans to eliminate others on her tribe. As I noted elsewhere, the preview scenes from the next episode seemed to suggest in-fighting amongst the women of this tribe. Monica cannot alienate too many people on her current tribe if she has any hope of lasting longer than the strong women of the new Ta Keo tribe (Kass, Ciera, Wentworth).

--------
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 02:13:22 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2015, 04:27:26 PM »
I believe that my Monica will slowly but steadily become a force in front of our screens :colors

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2015, 12:27:19 PM »
I believe that my Monica will slowly but steadily become a force in front of our screens :colors

I sure hope she does, even if she comes crashing down like Corinne.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2015, 02:55:25 AM »
I love that Monica actually thinks she has the ability to mastermind a women's alliance. NOT. GONNA. HAPPEN.

Parvati Shallow you are not. Srynotsry
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2015, 12:00:44 PM »
Upsetting performance - too bad she stole T-Bird's spot.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2015, 02:18:32 PM »
Eh I think the show made her look a lot dumber than she actually played. 99% of the time, bringing up a hypothetical situation won't hurt you anyway - Monica didn't even suggest that Spencer should be booted. Kimmi just wasn't a Monica fan and took one little sentence and ran with it.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2015, 06:08:42 PM »
I didn't know who Monica was. I've never seen her original season. Samoa, is it? I'll get to it eventually.

But I don't think she was wrong to suggest an all girl alliance. The problem was the timing. She could've push the idea of voting out Spencer to Kimmi and Wigglesworth to decrease the number of men in the tribe and later on suggest an all girl alliance. It would've probably ended up the same way with Kimmi thinking that she is too weak to be worth keeping around and voting her off anyway but would've been more subtle.

Oh well...

I guess I'll never know who Monica was in Cambodia.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2015, 09:56:26 AM »
I can't fault Monica for actually trying to play the game.

I think Stephanie/Mikayla/Sabrina/Teresa all would have been better picks for the season because Monica was so irrelevant but at least she tried to play so good for her.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2015, 12:26:41 PM »
Maybe I was charmed by her looks, but I wanted her to make it on this season, as I truly saw a lot of potential in Monica.
First of all, Samoa had like 2 or 3 contestants according to the editing and Monica was not one of them.

I believed she could come in as an underdog this season and sneakily surprise people with her strategies.
Basically, what I hoped Monica would achieve, Kelley Wentworth is actually doing.

The female I saw the most potential in (apart from the most obvious choices ala Tasha) was actually Stephanie and I was gutted (but not that surprised) she didn't make it on S2C. However with Monica, I was actually shocked she got voted in over T-Bird/Carolyn, but she did PLAY. She mentioned in her exit interviews that she had formed an alliance on day 1, though never connected with people that much on an emotional level, and her number 1 ally was Kimmi. So I have zero frickin idea why she decided to blindside Monica - after all, she didn't even go against the majority's opinion and agreed to vote out Kelly. (:;) :groan:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2015, 11:37:33 PM »
I loved her in Samoa but still RIP Monica :torche

I didn't know who Monica was. I've never seen her original season. Samoa, is it? I'll get to it eventually.

I highly recommend that you skip Samoa :lol:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2015, 03:55:05 AM »
What? ??? Maybe I'm biased, because it was my first season I saw in-full, but it's still a great season despite unfair editing! :hoot:

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2015, 04:15:34 AM »
 Just read this:

From Monica

So why didn't that work out?

Look, you have people like Spencer playing again, and Kelly Wiglesworth, and I think that the "Survivor Gods" give them some protection. It's like, "Who's more expendable out of the three? Who do the fans want to see go home, and who do they want to stay?" So I think there's some of that influence. It's just funny to me how Spencer was on the chopping block and we swapped. And it's funny to me how I'm not on the chopping block when we go to tribal, and I end up going home. And I don't think that Kimmi's that smart of a player that she came up with that idea all by herself over clams. As much as you can read between the lines, that's my take on it. Call me bitter or in denial or whatever. That's just my take on it.

Wow. So do you regret playing again?

(Long pause) I wish that I was playing under the same rules and circumstances as the first time I played. I think a lot of the infrastructure of the game has changed, and I went in really naïve to that. If I knew then what I know now, I would not have gone into the game. I think there were just so many outside interferences that really just pissed me off. So I'm pretty bitter about the whole thing, and that sucks.

http://www.people.com/article/survivor-cambodia-second-chance-monica-padilla-exit-interview
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 02:32:46 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2015, 01:24:59 PM »
Is she accusing the game of being scripted..?
Could you give the link to the place you found this?

Offline SarcasmMode

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2015, 08:55:21 PM »
I was really disappointed that she left so early, I thought she had a lot of potential to be a great player if she'd been given the chance to shine. I can also see where the frustration comes in, since it does really seem like her boot came more or less out of nowhere, and it made very little strategic sense for anybody involved - especially Kimmi. But I feel like Kimmi being a moron isn't something that should surprise anybody (having legendarily screwed her entire tribe in Australia), and Monica's bitterness over making the elementary mistake of trusting one of the biggest idiots in Survivor history doesn't really seem warranted.

Sucks that she's taking it that way, because it makes it a bit harder to feel bad for her.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2015, 09:45:23 PM »
Is she accusing the game of being scripted..?
Could you give the link to the place you found this?

here http://www.people.com/article/survivor-cambodia-second-chance-monica-padilla-exit-interview

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2015, 06:55:15 AM »
 :hello2: and :bigwelcome to RFF, SarcasmMode!! :cheer:

Sucks that she's taking it that way, because it makes it a bit harder to feel bad for her.
I agree so much :(