Author Topic: S31: Abi-Maria Gomes (Takeo)  (Read 9760 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
S31: Abi-Maria Gomes (Takeo)
« on: August 25, 2015, 03:05:52 PM »
Abi-Maria Gomes

Image Credit: Monty Brinton/CBS

Season 25 Survivor: Philippines

Previous Finish: 5th place

What will you do differently this time around? "My last time on Survivor, I allowed the environment and circumstances to control my emotions and dictate my actions. This time around, I want to keep my emotions in check and allow strategy to drive my game. There is nothing wrong with being feisty in certain situations, and being a caring team player in other situations. Ultimately, I want to be more calculated in terms of my relationships, alliances, and most importantly, the way I treat my fellow competitors."

http://www.ew.com/gallery/survivor-cambodia-second-chance-cast-photos/2285448_abi-maria-gomes
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: S31: Abi-Maria Gomes (Takeo)
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 03:06:03 PM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 10:26:26 PM »
SLAY QUEEN GLAMAZON :hoot: :hoot:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 02:41:06 AM »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 11:25:25 AM »
Loved that video, she's one that they'll need to keep an eye on

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 03:14:36 PM »
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/13/survivor-second-chance-abi-maria-gomes-interview-video

Omg I loved this interview of hers and I will not be rooting for her even more  :luvya:

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2015, 12:34:15 PM »
Analysis of Abi-Maria Gomes (original Ta Keo Tribe).

Following Episode 1 (posted in the wrong place last week): While Abi-Maria is this season's potential powder keg, I really hope she can avoid the pitfalls of her abrasive personality long enough and show a genuine improvement in her self-awareness, which could take her far into the game. I am interested to see if she can build meaningful relationships regardless of whether they can advance her cause in the game, as doing so might help her to escape elimination at critical moments. Seeing her accomplish this and go far in the game might be the best display of redemption by any of the Second Chance cast. She can certainly achieve this faster by winning and sharing a reward for her team.

Following Episode 2: The editors of this episode certainly captured Abi-Maria's abrasive personality, as she bluntly interrupted conversations, dropping proverbial bombs in them solely for the purpose of stirring the pot. Yet they also captured the restraint she continues to show in navigating these social pitfalls. In the end, she managed to garner approval from everyone except Peih-Gee, and like Peih-Gee, her best strategy is to employ the same one utilized by Sandra Diaz-Twine, the only two-time winner of Survivor, which is to be a loyal alliance member who is always willing to offer an additional vote and will only stir the pot when people hesitate to talk strategy, usually a clear indication that those people have you in their crosshairs.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2015, 10:22:35 AM »
She's not playing smart by any means, but Abi Maria's so entertaining :lol:
And OMG how does she manage to escape every vote :funny:

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2015, 01:35:03 PM »
Abi-Maria Gomes (Angkor Tribe, original Ta Keo)
Following Episode 3: Following Episode 3: I am enjoying watching Abi-Maria's struggle between playing nice yet still remaining true to her blunt "tell it like it is" attitude. She has won over her tribemates despite how she might still be rather unlikeable. In the end, these are veteran players who know what they signed up for. They would rather keep someone around who is willing to show her cards, such as Abi-Maria did with Peih-Gee, than someone who is willing to tell lies through a smile and false shows of support.

Following Episode 4: Abi-Maria continues to be a pivotal player. She recognized how Jeff's loyalty is irrelevant if he is not on the jury, and the only way she makes it to the jury stage is if the tribe can avoid further elimination. Furthermore, unlike anyone else on the original Ta Keo tribe, she has shown a willingness to work and be completely out in the open with original Bayon tribe members, and all three remaining members of the Angkor tribe owe her a debt of gratitude for her role in keeping them in the game, because they would not be there if not for her bold moves (Tasha and Savage in the Peih-Gee elimination and Woo in the Jeff elimination).

--------
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 02:20:25 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2015, 12:49:03 AM »
This woman is the greatest thing to happen to Survivor ever.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2015, 07:33:04 AM »
I think with every day passing by, Ta Keo regretted not taking her out first :lol:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2015, 11:26:17 AM »
People aligned with Abi always seem to do what she wants at the vote (sans the Jeff vote). Seriously she is running this show and it's really under-appreciated with her OTTN edit (as much as I love it) :lol:

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2015, 02:26:13 PM »
Now if Abi can target the Kell(e)ys and then finally Spencer, she'll have Pagong'd her entire original tribe.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2015, 08:19:54 PM »
Abi being in control of all the TCs she attended this season <3

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2015, 06:49:11 AM »
Survivor Second Chance: Where Kass is a potential jury threat and Abi has controlled most of the tribals <333
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2015, 04:45:02 PM »
Abi-Maria Gomes (Ta Keo after 2nd swap, Angkor after 1st swap, original Ta Keo)
Following Episodes 5 and 6: After a lot of face time in the early episodes, Abi-Maria was largely uninvolved in most of the scenes in the last two episodes, other than the return from her previous tribal council in which she spared Woo. Clearly she made a good move to again shift alliances and side with Ciera, Kass, and Spencer in voting against her previous allies of Savage and Woo. Unlike Spencer who is making moves out of desperation (i.e. "bunking with the devil"), Abi-Maria is dictating the terms of who goes by independently deciding which alliances best insulate her from becoming targeted. The only way she does not have the most impressive resume at the final tribal council (particularly as it relates to strategic and game-changing voting) is if her famous short-temper instigates a major commotion at camp, which still seems inevitable.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 10:13:49 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2015, 06:05:02 AM »
She needs another OTTN I am bored of not seeing her

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2015, 06:53:31 AM »
That comment about the vultures though <3

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2015, 10:35:03 AM »
That comment about the vultures though <3

I loved that they showed that - Abi's English not first language.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2015, 04:48:02 PM »
Abi-Maria Gomes (original Ta Keo, Angkor after 1st swap, Ta Keo after 2nd swap)
Following Episode 7 (the merge): For the first time, Abi-Maria did not vote for the castaway which was eliminated, which should concern her, as she had been ahead of the curve up until this point. Kass herself commented that Abi-Maria cannot win the game, presumably because of her temper rubbing people the wrong way. The only way Abi-Maria can win is if she can sell the notion that she has been misunderstood and treated like an outcast when all she wanted to do was pledge loyalty to those who included her and be upfront (bluntly so) about her voting strategy. The only way that she achieves this is to dial back her intensity while simultaneously exposing Tasha and Andrew Savage's lies -- a Catch-22 if there ever was one. Kass was unsuccessful at this, which makes it unlikely that Abi-Maria will be successful, unless she truly transforms her temperament, which has been the theme of the entire season.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2015, 08:12:05 AM »
From Abi's old interviews:

Gomes: The “Cagayan” people are Spencer, Woo, Kass, and Tasha. Ok…Woo is a cutie.
Holmes: He’s adorable.
Gomes: He’s so adorable! Oh my God. I totally want to charm him up and seduce him a little bit. I want his hair…and his abs…he’s so cute! Oh my God, I just wanna…like hug him.

Gomes: There are no barriers. I’m going to be flirting. And I have my eyes on Woo. We would have cute babies together, could you imagine?
Holmes: Adorable. But, that should be a secondary goal.
Gomes: Secondary goal!
Holmes: Primary goal is winning “Survivor.”
Gomes: I think he has a girlfriend though. Sorry…to his girlfriend.
Holmes: (Laughs) Villain!

Then the minute they arrived in Cambodia Woo was dead to her and she voted him out :lol: :lol: :lol: <3

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2015, 03:33:15 PM »
But he voted for her twice!

Yes, you heard it right, TWICE! :ascared

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster