Author Topic: S31: Joe Anglim (Bayon)  (Read 5224 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
S31: Joe Anglim (Bayon)
« on: August 25, 2015, 02:02:37 PM »
Joe Anglim

Season 30

Image Credit: Monty Brinton/CBS

Season 30 Survivor: Worlds Apart

Previous Finish: 10th place

What will you do differently this time around? "I would take more of a back seat when it came to challenges and strategy and be much more prudent in whom I choose to align myself with. It is almost certain that I will be returning with an all-star/fan-favorite cast. This is beneficial in that everyone is a legitimate threat and I now have the ability to put targets on other players. With a cast of not only athletic and stronger competitors but also smarter, more strategic players, I can play a relaxed, non-threatening game by not putting myself out there as much. I’m going to enjoy myself just as much if not more this second time. However, it will be different this second time around in that I'm making it to the end."

http://www.ew.com/gallery/survivor-cambodia-second-chance-cast-photos/2285418_joe-anglim
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: S31: Joe Anglim (Bayon)
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 04:38:00 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VwrRFR3RaN8" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VwrRFR3RaN8</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 10:13:34 PM »
GO JOE <3
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 12:37:55 PM »
Analysis of Joe Anglim (original Bayon Tribe).

Following Episode 1 (posted in the wrong place last week): Joe is very likeable, and the directors/editors played up his attractiveness to the female contestants well. I do not necessarily see his personality, but of course, the cameras can only capture a certain amount of what actually happens. Much like he was in the last season, he will be targeted by those against him early and often because of his ability to win challenges. Unlike last time when he was constantly in a minority alliance, he will thrive in a majority alliance, but that still will only allow him to get to the jury and no further, as no one wants to be in a final vote against him.

Following Episode 2: Joe cannot escape the fact that he will be perceived as a physical threat in challenges. It is foolish to intentionally not try at challenges. That strategy never works. So Joe did the right thing by showing he can be a provider and calming influence at camp. I view Survivor as a three-phase game: 1) Pre-merge building the strongest tribe through comradery and winning team immunity; 2) Post-merge building the strongest alliances to navigate around the pitfalls of individual immunity and voting, and 3) Winning the hearts and minds of tribemates leading up to the final tribal council vote. Joe is by far and away the leader in the first phase, which will aid him in the third phase. Can he win the second phase without winning every immunity challenge? Joe does not impress me unless he can do this.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 01:40:12 PM »
Joe Anglim (Ta Keo Tribe, original Bayon)
Following Episode 3: Joe receives good fortune by becoming aligned with other physically dominant men, which hopefully will shift the focus of voting for those reasons to those other men. He will continue to exhibit the strategy that he displayed in the previous episode, whereby he curries favor through good deeds and showing his all-round skills to future jury members.

Following Episode 4: There is not much to say about Joe other than he is definitely in a great position within a strong tribe. He will not be targeted as heavily as Terry Deitz, which is even more apparent since Deitz took the lead on the reward challenge. He will have to continually maintain a numerical advantage in his sub-alliances, which he currently has but may lose when the tribes merge.

--------
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 02:14:09 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 04:47:57 PM »
Joe Anglim (Bayon after 2nd swap, Ta Keo after 1st swap, original Bayon)
Following Episodes 5 and 6: Joe has often been described as the proverbial "Golden Boy." Naturally, he will be targeted often for that reason alone when the game reaches individual competition. As much as it would be interesting to watch him make his case to the jury, there are too many castaways who do not want to see that happen, especially if at some point he orchestrates the kind of move that Ciera did in the last episode.

- M - (see my profile)

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2015, 04:50:29 PM »
Joe Anglim (original Bayon, Ta Keo after 1st swap, Bayon after 2nd swap)
Following Episode 7 (the merge): While Joe is atop the dominant alliance in the game, he will need to continue to win individual immunity challenges, because the moment he loses one, he will become a target. In my estimation, Joe should not be crowned Sole Survivor unless he attends at least two tribal councils without the immunity necklace around his neck and survives those votes without any intervention. Of course, had someone else in his alliance won the immunity challenge, he probably would not have been voted out, because of the venom toward Kass. At the same time, with Fishbach waiting for his opportunity to strike, Joe will have to be very creative in maintaining his relationships with others, notably Spencer, who is a good sounding board for strategy.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2015, 03:04:57 PM »
Following Episode 8: Joe maintained his Golden Boy status at challenges, only making him a bigger target down the road. Joe knew this before word about Stephen Fishbach's desire to target him spread through camp. He will likely need to perform a dramatic speech at tribal council which shows other aspects of his game, yet his voting strategy has not required any depth, since he and Keith have been to tribal council least often.

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2015, 01:48:26 PM »
Following Episode 9: Joe knows that he needs to continue winning challenges to go far in the game. His tribemates are eager to see him eliminated out of fear that he would win those last couple before the finalists are set. From my point of view, Joe does not deserve the title of Sole Survivor if he cannot prove an ability to avoid elimination at tribal council without the security of the immunity necklace. As of the most recent vote, he is all of a sudden in a minority alliance. A defining moment for him would be to lose the next challenge and then orchestrate a blindside vote.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2015, 08:21:30 AM »
Such LOL @ just 1 comment for Joe :lol:

Congrats on his record of being immune for 24 days (and counting).

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2015, 01:01:46 PM »
Following Episodes 10, 11, and 12: Joe's streak of four straight immunity challenge victories came to an end, which made him vulnerable during the tribal council in which Stephen was eliminated. Nonetheless, he faced an uphill climb of surviving future tribal councils when vulnerable, since his tribemates all knew that another streak like that would make him a finalist. His candidacy for the title of Sole Survivor would be bolstered by his other qualities, such as providing at camp and his unwavering loyalty to several of the jury members, and perhaps even more so by his valiant effort in the last immunity challenge, in which extreme fatigue following a one-hour-twenty-minute battle of endurance caused him to pass out and require medical attention. It was only natural for all remaining castaways other than Keith -- Joe's longest-time ally -- to eliminate him at this point rather than see him march all the way to the title. If Keith is not a finalist, it will be interesting to see who Joe views as most deserving of the title of Sole Survivor.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2015, 12:43:44 PM »
His pathetic Facebook fanbase :funny:

"I am rooting for Joe but he is gone but but one person didn't vote Joe is Keith so I will rooting for Keith !
Like · Reply · 905"
"It's going to be hard for me to watch the rest of this season now that Joe is gone. I guess I will just have to look forward to Abi and Wentworth getting blindsided, I hope.
Like · Reply · 3,187"
"How can you hold a dedicated man like Joe responsible for what happened. I think that is why Keith didn't vote for Joe. He knew he won by default. That is not what Survivor is suppose to be about!!!!!!!
Like · Reply · 28"
"Abi is so nasty!!! Why anyone voted her back on is beyond me!!! Spencer and Jeremy and Tasha can kiss their game goodbye!!! Should have voted off the worthless Abi!!!
Like · Reply · 236"
"Joe is THE best survivor player...pushes all the way. This is without mentioning that he is also THE best looking with THE best hair.....Voting Joe out was a very bad move for the guys.
Like · Reply · 76"

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2015, 03:35:31 PM »
He isn't bad looking, but having a manbun and decent abs doesn't make you drop dead attractive. He still does look a bit grimy with the beard/long hair. Short hair joy would be Ozzy reminiscent and way more attractive.

Also looks aside, dude barely has a social game! Your allies are telling you "youre safe youre safe" and he says "its fiiiine im ready to go....byeee...ughhh....#depressed" -_-

The Cambodian-goofy tune music they played everytime he talked about strategy emphasized this. He's nice and great, but in a big league of real gamers, he doesn't grasp social allies enough.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2015, 03:58:53 PM »
I love Joe but his fanbase.... lol.

So gross :res:

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2015, 05:32:52 PM »
Am i the only one who think he's overrated??
sure, he's good looking, but his life in this game is only depend on immunity necklace, bad social game.

Casual fans on FB:
Joe is the best survivor player ever. He is a beast..
Survivor won't be the same without Joe..
Joe is the only reason i watch survivor, now i'm done..
The girls are annoying- getting tired of Wentworth & Abi- they're brats!
Wentworth is a smug, arrogant person. Right there with Abi, Cass and ciera was even starting to act like that..
Someone needs to burn that witch....Abi! She is the utmost nastiest and ugliest person!!!!!

Even Spencer got so many hates on twitter

Spencer Bledsoe ‏@SpencerBGM Dec 2 Chicago, IL
Dear 99% of #Survivor fans:
I know sorry isn't good enough 💔

« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 01:28:14 AM by Nyoman_SB1 »

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2015, 04:33:54 AM »
He is hot af but of course all casuals will fawn over him regardless. Asides from what he looks like, being male + being an alpha male + being given an over-edited sob story + not having an OTTglam personality = casuals' bread and butter.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline mmmpshow

• RFF Sr. Member
    • MMMP Show
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2015, 11:41:07 AM »
Following Season Finale: Perhaps Joe directed his question to Tasha since most of the other jurors were ignoring her. Coincidentally, Tasha's greatest impact during the merged tribe portion of the game, other than the elimination of Kass, was her leading the charge to eliminate Joe, which she properly cited, since bringing up her deceit toward Kass might have opened up wounds she wanted to remain closed. Nonetheless, Joe's vote (much like Stephen's) was probably already decided for Jeremy, considering how they both preferred to play the game with honor.