The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Do you think the American version will ever include the Double-Battle?

(1/6) > >>

G.B.:
The Double-Battle, now with the official English title of Face Off, is a type of task that was introduced in the Latin American race and popularized by the Israeli race. It has also been featured in the Norwegian version (as the "Intersection"), the Filipino version (as the "Duel") and the Chinese version (as "Versus"). Now it has been introduced to the Canadian version as a full structure of the race with its own name, clue design and on-screen graphics.

But it has never been adopted by the original American version of the show.

Do you think it ever will be?

bottle:
I would love to. It separates teams more and the leg becomes harder to complete IMO  :)

Platrium:
Maybe they wouldn't do it in the American TAR, but I'd love to see it once in a while.

It makes me ponder why there are so many names for this type of task ??? , but even I renamed it to roundabout for my fanfic. :funny:

Maanca:
It didn't make a good first impression to Canadian viewers with this cast managing to show how breakable it is  :funny: 2 teams taking penalties, resulting in the last team getting a free pass because they had no one to compete with.

Though that was thanks in part to the prior Roadblock, which had one team member buried on a cold beach for 2 hours, hypothermia set in

G.B.:

--- Quote from: Maanca on August 11, 2015, 09:31:04 AM ---It didn't make a good first impression to Canadian viewers with this cast managing to show how breakable it is  :funny: 2 teams taking penalties, resulting in the last team getting a free pass because they had no one to compete with.

Though that was thanks in part to the prior Roadblock, which had one team member buried on a cold beach for 2 hours, hypothermia set in

--- End quote ---

That would not have happened in other versions. Teams who have quit the Double-Battle previously (ie, Roni & Yael, TARI 4) have had to sit around and wait until the last team leaves and then serve the 15-minute penalty before leaving. The Canadian version was too lenient.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version